• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA ask dakota nothing

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • at what point did you decide that a web dev career wasn't for you and why?

looking back i don't really think i was ever really into the idea of it as a career even as everyone around me implied that of course that was what i'd do. programming stuff is a hobby for me and not even one that I take really seriously. Turning that hobby into a career that i spend decades doing would definitely ruin the magic.

i'll probably end up having to get a job in the industry for at least a few years anyways, bc i'm unemployed rn and capitalism sucks, but it being my long-term career..... eh.

also can't say I'm super into the demographics of programming jobs and the 'dudebro' culture, though it has been improving in some communities in the past few years

Back