• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Emblems!

How much do you care about emblems?

• Total voters

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • Personally, I wouldn't miss them if they were gone. Most of mine are from events, and I don't necessarily desire to keep them.

But I like the idea of having recognition for activity on the forum. Whether or not emblems are the way to do it may be up for debate, but what emblems represent shouldn't be.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I like my emblems, but i feel like im missing emblems like my birthday emblem and the BRB emblem. I just wish there was a way to get them all.
    either way, it doesn't matter to me.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't really care either way. When I had my two accounts merged, I knowingly lost about ten event-exclusive emblems, so I'm not too heated about hoarding them. XD

What's off-putting is when I see a lot of the moderators' vanity emblems posted on peoples' profiles with no real description as to the requirements needed for them. It puts off the vibe that you can get free emblems by being chums with a moderator which in turn cheapens the entire idea of emblems. If the system was more automated and based on more objective figures, they would better hold my interest. As it is now, they're a fun little side thing that really means nothing.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm that type of person that likes to collect cute things like emblems.

However, I agree that how the distribution works is quite tedious.

Plus, I can't even find the emblem list at all. You don't know how much I was interested in the idea, but the minute I tried to find the list and didn't come up with anything, I immediately lost interest. It's still an interesting thing though.

On a side note, I still can't find it. No point in redirecting me to wherever the list was now, unless the staff has made their final decision on what to do with the emblems.

Years
  • You can do whatever you want with them, I couldn't care less.
    Well, how about add something more to emblems?

@Zeffy: badges
    @Zeffy: they should really add badges
    Miikasumi: I mentioned badges

n_n

Last edited:

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I could imagine having some sort of semi automated system (if that's even possible) where non event specific awards like post count milestones and birthdays are automated. (No one likes waiting to get a birthday emblem i swear) while event specifics and misc. things can be handed out manually.

Some awards don't have to be listed because otherwise there won't be any fun in getting a surprise award of some kind.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Considering that it's hard for me to get most of the emblems nowadays, I personally find getting emblems worth it at all, so it's not ok if emblems systems are removed, it'll waste my hard work of getting several of the emblems. I wouldn't mind if the emblem system can be improved so that it can be more exciting, though.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Honestly, it would be sad to see them go. I just think the system on how they are distributed should be tweaked a bit. Like people have already said, there's been times that I have felt like I have met the requirements to get one but it never materialised. Staff - overall - don't seem to be as interested in handing them out as they were say 5 years ago. If the system was tweaked I bet interest in them would increase again!

Theblackvixen

The Delphox Queen
    Years
  • Being a relatively new member, I don't even know what emblems are :O I read an above post explaining them, but I feel like I should have been able to find that information more easily when I first started :O

Loving the site so far regardless :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Being a relatively new member, I don't even know what emblems are :O I read an above post explaining them, but I feel like I should have been able to find that information more easily when I first started :O

Loving the site so far regardless :3

Hopefully, this should help you understand what they are. :) The emblem list is no longer there, though, but as far as I know, only request-able emblems we have are for celebrating birthday, gaining supportership, becoming veteran, and staying paired with somebody for a year. Might be missing a couple, but these are the ones people most frequently ask for.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I feel a little different. Well I really don't want to say but yes I just don't care you guys take it or remove it. Well The emblems are awesome designed and great looking but I remember someone said "I got 4 emblem but bro you don't even got 2" So you see it don't care about emblems. I know I had been a hard work for staff to add 100 and more emblem cause I had a experience of adding emblem to a forum. But I really don't want this to go on. So I don't care I vote as don't take this system just remove it :p sorry.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'm just saying here that as long as we've got this system of somehow getting certain achievements and landmarks and generally stuff that make you a part of the PokéCommunity, then I'm not against it. In particular, I'm an emblem freak but if everyone got some other system (like badges or something Pokémonish) and all of mine got reset, I really wouldn't mind. Perhaps the moderators should be more lenient while handing out emblems related to forums and things, but about every thing fun in the PC has 'you'll get an emblem if you participate!' written on it, sometimes an emblem if you do something nice, etc. It adds fun to the forums, while not requiring any sort of factual prize, like free supportership. All in all, I thing this calls for a better 'medal' system, because the emblems are so huge and there may be emblems which cannot be given out any more, etc.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I feel that emblems used to be something we really liked and enjoyed receiving. Once upon a time it was rare that someone would receive an emblem; they weren't all that easy to get in circa '09 and previous. However they have become too common. You get an emblem for participating these days, before they were achievements or goof prizes for doing something special. I personally don't care about them all that much any more.

However, I would like to see them renewed, in a new system. I would honestly scrap 99% of the emblems we have now and bring in a more "achievement" type system that is also automated. I'm aware that there's a few ideas we have for PC 2.0 relating such a system so I won't go too much into detail. I do want to see the "idea" of emblems enveloped into something bigger, both automated for some achievements and manually given for others, and make the awards more of a rare breed. Currently emblems are given for almost anything, so they should become rare again, and work towards something bigger.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    ....not reading all the previous posts....

Having some sort of achievement/trophy/badge/[insert similar word here] system is a good idea, we just need to either replace the current system or overhaul it.

....and there's my useless 2 cents of the day.

Rukario has the best response to this btw.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

So the staff has been talking about this a lot lately and we think it'd be a good idea to get some feedback from people on how they use emblems. Originally we wanted them to be fun to discover and collect and have interesting ideas attached to them, but we feel like they haven't really lived up to that purpose. So we're looking at alternative options. As we're working on this, it'd be really helpful if you guys would answer the poll above to help guide us in the right direction. 8)

Love you guys.

With a lot of others, I'm tied between don't remove it and replacing. But I have a suggestion, have you thought about having a couple of people mods of the emblems? Easier distribution but the people would have to be good in the skill of communication with each other. Also if it was just a little bit easier to get said emblem. I just got one for having a thread get 100+ posts and I didn't even know thar was an emblem worthy thing. Also I have never found this so called emblem list.....

Edit: found it

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • I guess I shouldn't even be here because I don't have any emblems yet, but I don't think I'd mind too much if they were gone. Although I do like the idea or replacing them with something else...

Years
  • here's the thing. I don't mind if emblems are changed for something more interesting, though I wish there would be a way to either retain those that were earned in events, or giving something equivelant if it is changed. some of those emblems are like trophies!

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    If you want to remove emblems, replace them with something equivalent or better. Otherwise, I'd rather have them. Why? Well, removing what could have counted as memories is a big no-no in my opinion.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What if you could choose up to 5 of your emblems to display in your postbit? Obviously the images would be shrunk down for it, and tweaked to make sure they still look good at that size. Would this help to make emblems more popular and noticeable? It's an extra bit of customisation for the user, since you'd get to choose which of your emblems to show off, and it might be interesting to see which ones some people choose.

Back