• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    the thread went to page 2 and i was shocked, so i just had to bump it

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Well, first off, wow. I go away for a week, come back, and there is what, 100 more posts than when I left? I'm impressed ^^ Due to the massive amount of posts, I'm not going to be able to reply to all of them I'm afraid. I will say however that I have the new discussion thread up, you can see that here.
    I'll try and cover a few of the posts that really caught my eye, but if you have a question that I haven't answered, either repost here, or leave me a VM.
    So, that little argument a while back? Please don't do stuff like that. It just spams the thread, and then it can escalate into something big. Please don't start stuff like that. Thats really the only one that needs an urgent reply I think, apart from that, remember to check out the two threads now, and keep posting on both of them ^^ We'll have some updates soon, once I figure out how to fix those stupid broken links that are preventing sprite transfer. We'll get onto that soon :D

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • Alright guys, after some discussion with Cierra, all sprite talk will be had on this thread. To help the spriters improve in other ways that don't involve Torzach, you can visit their respective threads, but all posting that is not job applications should go here now. Thanks everyone and sorry for the mix up ^^ Expect some screenshots soon ;)

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • xD All that means is that the nonsensicalness that's been going on around here will continue. xDDD;

Anyway, I guess I'll post this here again.
    011KoccinipFin.png
    ----->
    hemshawk.png

;) I'm sure the evolution needs to be fixed up, but that's what you guys are for! ^_^ C&C. xD Just a note... xD I can only make the sprite one pixel longer in width, so if there's a problem in that area, I'll be working in the space I already have.

And to all the sprite and tile inserters out there, xD; you guys are amazing. I miserably failed at inserting, so I have a very deep respect for you guys now! xD Keep up the great work.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • xD All that means is that the nonsensicalness that's been going on around here will continue. xDDD;

Anyway, I guess I'll post this here again.
    011KoccinipFin.png
    ----->
    hemshawk.png

;) I'm sure the evolution needs to be fixed up, but that's what you guys are for! ^_^ C&C. xD Just a note... xD I can only make the sprite one pixel longer in width, so if there's a problem in that area, I'll be working in the space I already have.

And to all the sprite and tile inserters out there, xD; you guys are amazing. I miserably failed at inserting, so I have a very deep respect for you guys now! xD Keep up the great work.

Oh man, that thing looks like it's going to eat you. O.o
    I see the evolved form of Koconip's face more like Staraptor's face. It's hard to explain. (Note! I will NOT edit your sprites, unless you give me permission.)

That guy's face just tells me "I'm crazy and willing to polka!"

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Oh man, that thing looks like it's going to eat you. O.o
    I see the evolved form of Koconip's face more like Staraptor's face. It's hard to explain. (Note! I will NOT edit your sprites, unless you give me permission.)

That guy's face just tells me "I'm crazy and willing to polka!"

Edit any of my sprites how ever you'd like if you think you can improve on them. I've said it before. xD I don't mind at all.
    I think the left wing is a bit awkward, so I'll edit it up a bit.

hemshawkk.png
    Yes? No?

Maybe you wanted something more like this:
    hemshawkalt.png
    xD He looks a bit out of it with those eyes and his mouth just kinda hanging open. XDDD

EDIT: And I do like the Hemshawk polka.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Edit any of my sprites how ever you'd like if you think you can improve on them. I've said it before. xD
    Yeah, xD I think someone else mentioned that the concept art itself was sorta reminiscent of staraptor. So I guess I should be glad-ish? xD But I'm talking about the sprite itself. I think the left wing is a bit awkward, so I'll edit it up a bit.

Everything about the sprite is good except the face. I might wait a little before attempting an edit. XD

And since you posted a final evolution, why can't I? It's nothing major, so I think it would be alright with Mac. (Mac, just tell me if it isn't)

16iwd3c.jpg
    Runcass! The final evolution for Meestlee, that little ball of fluff!

I say it looks good, but something's off. How does it look?

Oh, and for the second edited sprite, that looks better! Almost perfect. =]

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Everything about the sprite is good except the face. I might wait a little before attempting an edit. XD

And since you posted a final evolution, why can't I? It's nothing major, so I think it would be alright with Mac. (Mac, just tell me if it isn't)

16iwd3c.jpg
    Runcass! The final evolution for Meestlee, that little ball of fluff!

I say it looks good, but something's off. How does it look?

Oh, and for the second edited sprite, that looks better! Almost perfect. =]

xD It's fine. We'll be out of the bag soon enough. xD And what good is it if the 1st evolution sprites are great, but the finals are terrible because of little C&C?

Anyway, would you mind if I edited it? It's perfect, but I want to edit a little bit of the outlining and a tad of the shading. ;)

EDIT: LOL Should I close hemshawk's mouth in the second one? xD He just looks... hum... silly?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • xD It's fine. We'll be out of the bag soon enough. xD And what good is it if the 1st evolution sprites are great, but the finals are terrible because of little C&C?

Anyway, would you mind if I edited it? It's perfect, but I want to edit a little bit of the outlining and a tad of the shading. ;)

Hey, hold on a minute. I'll be right back with the edit. *Plays elevator music*

*Elevator ding*

Okay, here!

sl21hj.jpg

Edit: Oh, and you could try closing his mouth. That might look better.

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Maybe you wanted something more like this:
    hemshawkalt.png
    xD He looks a bit out of it with those eyes and his mouth just kinda hanging open. XDDD

EDIT: And I do like the Hemshawk polka.

Hey, hold on a minute. I'll be right back with the edit. *Plays elevator music*

*Elevator ding*

Okay, here!

sl21hj.jpg

I like Hemshawk, but I think that it needs a little more color. Just look at its pre-evo: green, red, brown. No white. Also, yes, please shut its mouth.

Also, it reminds me of something I've seen before.... Hmm....

As for Runcass, it looks great. Shading is really nice, as well as the outlining. I just have one negative: the head fluff. Maybe if you were to reduce the size of those middle two... ridges I guess would be the right word... it would look even better.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Hey, hold on a minute. I'll be right back with the edit. *Plays elevator music*

*Elevator ding*

Okay, here!

sl21hj.jpg

Better, but there's one problem. ;) It's facing the wrong direction. o-o Also when looking at the art, the arms are too... maybe a bit too long and not bulky enough?

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • Better, but there's one problem. ;) It's facing the wrong direction. o-o Also when looking at the art, the arms are too... maybe a bit too long and not bulky enough?

Yes, but it's looking at you! XD I just wanted to give it some originality. I'll be bock with another edit soon... *elevator music plays*

*elevator ding*

jh8qcy.jpg
    Okay, I'm back. How about now?

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Yes, but it's looking at you! XD I just wanted to give it some originality. I'll be bock with another edit soon... *elevator music plays*
    xD It doesn't look like it's looking at you. I just have a few minor edits now. You did a great job, but I really just want to give or take a little on the eyes and a color or two. Like, some of the green is just not where I want it to be, and the eyes need a little blue. Oh, and again, the hands. o_o xD I'll be satisfied when it looks like the one I edited.

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • xD It doesn't look like it's looking at you. I just have a few minor edits now. You did a great job, but I really just want to give or take a little on the eyes and a color or two. Like, some of the green is just not where I want it to be, and the eyes need a little blue. Oh, and again, the hands. o_o xD I'll be satisfied when it looks like the one I edited.

Well, um... Send it to me via PM? It would be kinda hard guessing how the arms would look. XD Although, I originally wanted to give him blue eyes, but stopped before I had too many colors for that annoying 16 color rule or whatever. But, let's just see what happens.

*Elevator music plays* *Elevator ding*

313mwco.jpg
    Okay! New color for the eyes, and a fixed up arm!

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Well, um... Send it to me via PM? It would be kinda hard guessing how the arms would look. XD Although, I originally wanted to give him blue eyes, but stopped before I had too many colors for that annoying 16 color rule or whatever. But, let's just see what happens. *Elevator music plays*

That's another thing. I think there needs to be less colors for the fluff and what not. xD And anyway, we can replace the blue I added with black with dark brown pixels on the pointed edges of the eyes so they'll still have some sort of graphical effect. I'm not doing that though. o_o
    thing3.png
    That's as much as I'm editing. o-o Still needs some darkness on the right side. o-o and I messed up the tail...thing a bit, so that highlight at the top should be replaced with the new lowlight I created. God... Too many colors. 8D But hum, try to pick colors for any of the "too many" that already exist. I see what you were trying to do with the green but.... hmm.. To fix that, pick two colors that are far away from each other but not so far away that it looks wierd. Can we play with this though? I fixed the balls a bit, though the right one needs more black outlining. I replaced the white color for the eyes with a light color already existing. I really like the poof balls this time. xD But it looks a little...pointed ish? Maybe there should be some smaller poofs in between the major ones. I'll leave that to you though. o-o

EDIT: You could try playing with the lighting on the eyes. I don't perceive it as him looking the other way, but you could mess with it a little.

I'm going to work on something else now, but here's Hemmy again.
    Hemmy.png
    He's supposed to be falconish. He reminds me of a chicken/rooster/goose now. But that's that. xD If anyone's up to it, feel free to edit.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
    Years
  • That's another thing. I think there needs to be less colors for the fluff and what not. xD And anyway, we can replace the blue I added with black with dark brown pixels on the pointed edges of the eyes so they'll still have some sort of graphical effect. I'm not doing that though. o_o
    thing3.png
    That's as much as I'm editing. o-o Still needs some darkness on the right side. o-o and I messed up the tail...thing a bit, so that highlight at the top should be replaced with the new lowlight I created. God... Too many colors. 8D But hum, try to pick colors for any of the "too many" that already exist. I see what you were trying to do with the green but.... hmm.. To fix that, pick two colors that are far away from each other but not so far away that it looks wierd. Can we play with this though? I fixed the balls a bit, though the right one needs more black outlining. I replaced the white color for the eyes with a light color already existing. I really like the poof balls this time. xD But it looks a little...pointed ish? Maybe there should be some smaller poofs in between the major ones. I'll leave that to you though. o-o

EDIT: You could try playing with the lighting on the eyes. I don't perceive it as him looking the other way, but you could mess with it a little.

Hemmy.png
    He's supposed to be falconish. He reminds me of a chicken/rooster/goose now. But that's that. xD If anyone's up to it, feel free to edit.

Oy, okay... Hemshawk looks awesome! I don't think there is anything wrong with him... So...

219wbvs.jpg
    There was too much black outlining, I'm sorry to say. Plus, I changed a few other things too.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    Hemmy.png
    You said it looked like a chicken and it clicked. It reminds me, if any of you ever watched, of a digimon named Kokatorimon, a giant chicken.
    As for the coloring, I like it better because, like I previously said, his pre-evo has so much color, and then you got almost nothing from Hemmy.

Edit: Just realized the beak was shut. Much better.

Edit 2: Also notcied a way to reduce the chicken look: reduce the belly size a bit as well as the crown.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back