• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If there are any devices I have with decent battery time, it'd be my iPod Touch. I've gone without charging it for two full nights as recent as a week ago and it still had ~75% battery left before charging it again

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My iPhone's battery can last the whole day. I leave it charging for about half an hour to one hour before going to bed and it stays at 100% throughout the night. *hugs iPhone*

Speaking of batteries, when I bought my T-Mobile G1 (my first android smarphone), I got two batteries. I would charge both of them and use them fully charged. Once I run out on one battery, I can simply switch to the other one. B)

Years
Typically my tablet is the device of mine that drains battery the fastest, but I try my best to keep it charged overnight so that I don't let it run too low. The lowest I've gotten onto my tablet was maybe 26% or something.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
*just realized that, somehow, the Malaysian government, Lenovo, and Microsoft teamed up to deliver capable Windows 7 Professional ultraportable notebooks to people that otherwise wouldn't have them*

I actually am using one of them to do some maintenance on it right now. Sure, it might have netbook-grade internals, but I don't think Windows 7 Professional or 2 GB of installed system RAM are part of Windows 7-era netbook specs. They're surprisingly snappy despite the Intel Atom CPU.

Shame I'll have to return it tomorrow. Could have made for a nice backup PC.

Years
I actually am using one of them to do some maintenance on it right now. Sure, it might have netbook-grade internals, but I don't think Windows 7 Professional or 2 GB of installed system RAM are part of Windows 7-era netbook specs. They're surprisingly snappy despite the Intel Atom CPU.

There were freaking new-in-box small form factor desktops from HP coming with Windows 7 Pro 32-bit with only 1 GB of RAM internally in 2010. It can run on just about anything with at least 1 GB of RAM solidly.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm more interested in how some people think Windows stink on netbooks these days... Windows 7 should be perfectly workable with netbook-grade hardware.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Windows is OP on notebooks. Macs suck imo.

Thing is, these aren't just any notebooks - these are netbooks, with matching hardware capabilities. Think relatively slow Atom CPUs and small HDDs. Some people have the odd conception of Windows 7 being too bloated to be used on netbooks.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Thing is, these aren't just any notebooks - these are netbooks, with matching hardware capabilities. Think relatively slow Atom CPUs and small HDDs. Some people have the odd conception of Windows 7 being too bloated to be used on netbooks.

Atom still tops anything E-Series in AMD, period. Relatively, for sure. :p

I think Windows 8, if done right, is a cinch with most netbooks, since my notebook essentially runs with the processor and HDD of a netbook and is smooth as butter with most browsing and older-generation gaming (think Old School RuneScape, Caesar 3, Age of Empires). I will admit that trying to surf, listen to music, and burn a DVD or some other resource intensive task will make you want to throw this computer out your conveniently-placed second-story window. :3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm still a wee bit concerned that Intel might end up pushing AMD to its oblivion. AMD isn't being competitive these days - they pretty much can only really compete on the budget segment.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm sure AMD will push the envelope this year -- they usually go back and forth. Right now, Intel is dominating but that might not be the case for the rest of the year.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Intel's just… Intel. And it's not like the American government ever does anything about monopolies (as we've seen with other mega-industries), so who's to say Intel won't slowly raise their prices over the years into the thousands? AMD needs to step up, as much as I hate them. :>

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
IMO AMD is very VFM. Especially the 8350. It's a good CPU for the high end gaming segment(not the very high end). This particular CPU is not going to bottleneck the GPU and is open to OCing. Even though it doesn't provide performance at par with a 4770k but still the performance is very good considering its price.

Years
I guess Intel vs. AMD just depends on the person. I've never gone with an AMD processor, primarily because I'm just more familiar with the Intel line of processors. I'm not saying AMD is bad, but I think it's definitely always better to go with what you know more on.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
I guess Intel vs. AMD just depends on the person. I've never gone with an AMD processor, primarily because I'm just more familiar with the Intel line of processors. I'm not saying AMD is bad, but I think it's definitely always better to go with what you know more on.
Me too. All I have is Intel. 5 computers. All Intel. As high as quad cores and as low as single pentium.
If you have the money then going Intel is the obvious choice. If one wants to spend more money on the GPU than on the CPU(mostly gamers), only then is AMD a viable choice.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I'm not up to speed on this generation, but generally Intel processors are much better, in some instances one step down on the Intel is usually the same performance as a higher end AMD Processor. But I'm fairly certain that this is just because Intel just has more money.

I don't know how it is for this current generation or the next, but AMD are still very good processors and generally much more affordable then Intel. But I've always gone Intel and I probably always will, unless something drastic changes everything. That said I probably wont be upgrading from my i5 2500 until the next generation comes out at least, it works like a beauty.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Windows Virtual PC does a surprisingly good job at recovering from itself crashing. When I came home, I was greeted with "Windows Virtual PC has stopped working" after noticing that the netbook was off. It was running XP Mode, with me trying to install as many updates as possible.

Restarting XP Mode somehow put me right at the place where it crashed and resumed execution.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I haven't used Virtual PC in so long.. has it improved since Microsoft Virtual PC 2007?

Well... Virtual PC is old hat at this point. If you have Windows 8 Pro or a server version that supports Hyper-V, use that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back