• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Delirium [IC]

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia3"]Julia Clark[/alink id]
Soup and Training Central
Gallant Town
[alink id="inv3"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia3[/a id]
Julia needed to clear her head, so she decided to drink soup for dinner. The day was not particularly dark, but she knew she would spend a lot of time training. As Julia wandered through the streets, she creased her eyebrows together. Absentmindedly, she meandered into a restaurant, Richard and Son's Home Bistro. The restaurant was completely empty, except for a waiter standing at the entrance for people to arrive. "Welcome to Richard and Son's Home Bistro! How may I help you?" The cheerful young man asked.

"Table for one please," Julia smiled.

"Sit anywhere you'd like!" Julia took a chair in the center of the room. From her seat, she could easily see out of the window. A menu was laid out in front of her; Julia quickly picked the chicken soup. She just wanted something simple. The waiter attentively noticed Julia as she closed her menu and hustled over to her. He smiled, "It looks like you are ready to order, would like you like any refreshments ma'am?"

"Oh. No, thank you," Julia's cheeks pulled her mouth taut. Her eyes wrinkled, "I would just like a chicken soup."

"It'll be here in a jiffy," He grinned. The waiter swept the menu away from Julia. Julia's eyebrows knitted themselves together again, and she stared out the window. She did not understand why she could not leave the town untested. She had significantly more training than anyone else that would be making the trip. Julia murmured nothings under her breath for a few instants, before catching herself. She sighed and watched in silence as people walked by the Bristo. Julia waited. A grandfather clock leaning up against the wall clicked to and fro mockingly. Julia rested her face on her hands, elbows on the table. Her eyes began to meander aimlessly, combing the environment around her. For some reason, she was uncharacteristically impatient. Her head began to droop and her eyes closed.

CLANG! The waiter slammed the soup into the table in front of Julia. Julia started awake. She blinked rapidly. "Enjoy," He smiled. Julia nodded and stared at the soup before her. She lifted the spoon to her mouth and began to slurp. The hot liquid trickled down her esophagus at a steady and safe rate, protecting her throat. The noise filled the room.

Julia was content. She exited the Bistro and thanked the waiter, who gave her a pained smile in return. The chicken soup had reinvigorated her. She now walked with a hop in her step.

Upon arriving at the entrance to the Landing Port, Julia reached into her pocket and sent out Pearl. Julia smiled at her partner and bent over, "Hey bud! Ready to train?" Pearl cried out, "Corscale!" She smiled, seemingly unphased by the loss she experienced earlier in the day. Julia straightened and set off into the airfield.

The Pokémon population seemed incredibly sparse that day. Julia guessed that the other immune people training had scared them off. The two meandered through a clearing in the grass, and a Pacin erupted from their right flank. Julia immediately stepped back and ushered Pearl forwards. The Pacin seemed unconcerned with their presence and continued past. "Pearl, use Bullet Punch!" Julia called out. Pearl shot forwards and caught the Pacin unaware. It flew into the grass. As Julia stepped forwards, the Pacin used Defense Curl.

"Again Pearl!" Pearl dove into the tall grass and smashed the Pacin with her fist. The Pokémon survived because of its raised defenses. This time, the Pacin reached up and tried to scratch Pearl. It was not very effective due to the Corscale's Steel typing. "One last time Pearl," Julia triumphantly said. Pearl slammed her fist into the Pacin, which crumpled to the ground, unconscious.

The two walked some more through the grass. Pearl tripped and landed on her face. She sneezed. Julia chuckled. A bug sat on the ground in front of her. Pearl cocked her head to the side to get a good look at the Burcoa. Her eyes widened and the bug sat unmovingly. Julia was not totally sure if it was in good sport to attack something so small. There was an awkward pause. The Burcoa suddenly shot string directly into Pearl's right eye. Pearl cried out and swatted at her face knocking herself in the snout. She stood up quickly, but the Burcoa hung on. "Get it off Pearl!" Julia cried out.

Pearl danced around in circles, attempting to remove the Burcoa from her face, but it did not budge. Julia stared on, helpless and unsure of what to do. The Burcoa used String Shot again and Pearl yelped. This time, she managed to close her eyes. Pearl's arms waved like a madman and she eventually decided to faceplant into the ground. The Burcoa was disconnected from her body and righted itself. Julia breathed a sigh of relief.

"Use Bullet Punch!" She called out. Pearl lunged forward and smashed the Burcoa with its fist. The Burcoa reeled back, before shaking off the damage and lunging forward. It used Tackle and plinked off of Pearl's armor. Pearl elbowed the little creature again, sending it back into the grass. "Go after it!" Julia ordered. Pearl shot forwards. Both Pokémon were too short for Julia to see anything; the foliage shook to and fro. It stopped. Pearl rushed out of the grass and smiled brightly. She cried out in joy and ran around in a circle. Julia's face broke out into a smile.

So what if she did not know her Pokémon perfectly. They had just met. Not everyone could, or should, be a master trainer. Besides, she did not even like battling. She would much rather have just observed the Pacin and Burcoa. But, she knew she needed to train Pearl if she wanted to leave Gallant Town.

Julia reached out of her pocket and tossed out Einstein's Pokéball. He needed to train as well. The minnow Pokémon looked at Pearl. It spurted water in her face. Pearl sneezed. Julia chuckled. Pearl skittered over to Julia's leg and hugged it tight. She unimpressed by the water. Julia pushed Pearl forward, "We gotta get moving buddy."

The party of three began to journey through the grass. Einstein stayed directly behind Julia and was completely expressionless. Pearl bounded to and fro. She darted in and out of the grass, sometimes rolling gleefully. Julia happened upon a Burcoa while Pearl was in the grass. "Einstein, you're up," Julia muttered. Einstein darted between Julia's legs. It faced off with the Burcoa. Julia placed her head in her hands, "Aw shit." She had forgotten to look up Einstein's moves, "Um, in the meantime, use Water Gun?" Einstein shot a volley of water towards the Burcoa. The Burcoa was hit face on. Julia readied her Pokédex.

"Minu. The Minnow Pokémon. Minu is a water type. Found in saltwater ponds and streams, Minu resemble the lures on fishing nets," The Pokédex droned.

"There must be some way to disable this," Julia murmured as she fiddled with the buttons. The Burcoa used String Shot on Einstein, but Einstein darted out of the way. Without direction, Einstein spat meaningless water on the Burcoa. The Burcoa shivered and puffed up.

"Because of their camouflage, they can live mostly peacefully in their small homes until evolution where they return to their ocean homes. Minu's moves are Water Sport and Water Gun," The Pokédex finished. Julia huffed a sigh of disappointment. The Burcoa Tackled the Minu, who tottered backward.

Pearl erupted from the grass calling out, "Corscale!" It got one look at the scene and hid behind Julia. Julia shook her head.

"Water Gun Einstein," Einstein obeyed. The Burcoa rolled backward, puffing up more. Julia assumed that it was defeated, Burcoa were known to puff up unconsciously as a defense mechanism. "Great," Julia stated, "Let's keep moving." She began to walk forward and suddenly turned on her heels. A great idea hit her. She slyly announced, "Why don't you battle each other?"

Pearl seemed incredibly dubious and Einstein, as usual, did not react. He stared blankly at Pearl. "Go!" Julia called. Pearl looked to Julia for directions, "Well I'm not going to tell you what to do..." Julia said, raising her hands. Einstein shot water at Pearl, pushing her backward. Pearl ran to Julia, but Julia shoved her forward with her foot. She pulled out her notebook and began to take notes.

Einstein used Water Gun again on Pearl. Pearl used Leer on Einstein, lowering his defenses. She then steeled her eyes and launched forward with a Bullet Punch. Einstein darted out of the way, and Water Gunned Pearl. She skidded sideways, rolling over to recover. "Nice Pearl!" Julia affirmed. Pearl smiled a little and used Leer again. Pearl lunged forward immediately into Bullet Punch but Einstein darted away again. Another Water Gun pushed Pearl backward. She used Leer one last time before hopping into the grass. Rustles traveled around in the grass. Einstein stared at the place where Pearl vanished.

"Einstein, look around you!" Einstein did not react. Pearl erupted out of the grass behind Einstein, smashing him with her fist. Einstein tumbled through the air, rolling to a stop. The two Leers had significantly weakened his defenses, so the singular hit knocked him out. Julia smiled.

Julia and Pearl headed back into Gallant Town. The sky was dark, tinted vaguely golden by the lights still on in town. Before she retired to her hotel room, Julia healed Einstein and Pearl at the Pokécenter. Julia and Pearl walked alone because most people retired to sleep. The duo entered the hotel. The hotel manager waved to them as they walked by and Pearl called out, "Corscale!" In greeting. The hotel manager smiled at the adorable little Pokémon. The two disappeared into the elevator and retired for the day.​
[a id]pearl3[/a id]
184_small_zpsxysvczgz.png

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 7 ♀ Corscale
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naïve
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer
Friendship/Love Meter:
friendship-half_zpshuezhoau.png

Held Item: N/A
Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle, and Julia's first battle, against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost.

[a id]einstein2[/a id]
038_small_zpsvh5giqjf.png

water.gif

Einstein, the Level 5 ♂ Minu
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quirky
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun
Friendship/Love Meter:
-
Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense. He views the world as if from a removed perspective, almost as if he is playing a video game he is not particularly interested in. Einstein uses water to convey affection, and when he is pleased he sprays water in people's faces.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle, and Julia's first battle, against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won.

[a id]inv3[/a id]

073add4157ea0310cacb1dc71b77b59e-d5g0n1u.png

pokeball.png
pokeball
x4
Pokedex
QuickDev
[alink id="pearl3"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein2"]
Einstein
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Ming, Renday
Gallant Town​

So I thought about the battle that I had earlier in the day, and I decided to analyze it.
The cadet was obviously a little right, I should've been more prepared when I battled him and I should've known Pearl's moves but honestly I think that he was blowing it way out of proportion. I don't need to be a master battler, that isn't even the point of this trip… Honestly it's really annoying how battle-centric this entire culture is, as if that's the only thing you can do with a Pokémon… Honestly though like I don't understand the point of it!! They need to calm down and realize that you can solve problems without punching them.
Also if I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't want to hurt or corrupt Pearl. She's so adorable and tiny and cute that I really don't want to harm her and make her attack other things. She does need to get better at following my instruction though or she could get herself killed in the wild.
ALSO!! INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT NOTE TO SELF!!!! SMALL THINGS ARE NOT TO BE TRIFLED WITH! SMALL THINGS CAN BE DANGEROUS DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY!
I'm not totally sure that Einstein is all there. He seems to not understand when a situation is dangerous and he is very … monotone? That's not the right word but it's very weird. I'm a little worried about him to be perfectly honest. I'm sure it's nothing though?? *needs further investigation.
When they battled each other I noticed a few issues.
I'll start with Pearl. Pearl needs to have a bit more confidence and be more willing to change things up. Learning more moves will probably help with that. Also she's not particularly strong? I still don't want to harm her ugh…
Einstein is… Well like I said before, he's not all there, and I'm a little nervous he might ignore my orders in battle? Also he should have won but as soon as the situation changed he was completely unable to adapt to it. He seems very reactionary I think, has no impetus for himself. I really have no idea how to fix that?? *needs further investigation.​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Good battles, and great idea to have your Pokemon train with each other.
Pearl grew to Level 9 against Pacin and Burcoa, and learned Rollout! Pearl gained half a heart of Friendship. She now has a full heart of Friendship!
friendship-full_zpsrs1vdtmz.png

Einstein grew to Level 6 against Burcoa.
Einstein gained half a heart of Friendship!

Pearl grew to Level 10 against Einstein; Einstein grew to Level 8 against Pearl, and learned Protect!

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023

Brass
Immune, huh. | Gallant Town: Quarantine Zone
bKrLkXv.png
Pouch | 1100PD Pokedex | Quickdev 5 x Pokeball
g7z8yMH.png
Lyla (Laimole) | Female | Sassy Level 12 | Synchronize | Psychic Confusion | Calm Mind | Teleport | Double Team
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
5AlHSIN.png

The former Ferry and Plane Express was large, and it was under constant surveillance by Security Black Force guards. No one was allowed to go in or come out of this quarantined area for fear that Hysteria would spread its sickly grasp and plunge even more people into mental devastation. This was where Brass led Lyla shortly after her overwhelmingly brutal attack in her last battle. The guards stood at attention as Brass approached, but relaxed their shoulders as they realized that the young man had no intention of entering the zone.

"Do you feel it, Lyla? The thick, miasmic layer of fear and anxiety that coats the entire region, manifested at its finest at centers like these, where the Afflicted are indefinitely herded and trapped while the rest of Veriti live each day worrying whether they, too, will join the ranks of these poor, poor souls." Lyla trembled, her aura darkening in color as she considered Brass' words. His voice was barely a whisper as he closed his eyes and breathed in.

"This is why we're here, Lyla. This is why we must keep calm and stay in control. Losing ourselves to reckless emotion is exactly the opposite of what we must do to keep Hysteria at bay. Anger and fear have their place, but not here, and not right now. Not with us." There was a slight pause as the two contemplated their situation. They had forgotten the real reason they set out on this journey amidst the excitement of battling and training, but it didn't take much to remind them that the future was still grim. Until they figured out what was causing people to break out into Hysteria, places like the one in front of them will still exist, stark monuments of Hysteria's reign.

Brass sighed as he turned to face his companion. "That doesn't mean we have to be cold, or heartless, nor does it mean we are destined to be some grand savior of Veriti. The most we can strive for, really, is just a better life for ourselves. It's alright to be passionate. We must, if we want to keep smiling in these dark times. But we must control our passion, and Lyla, you are equipped with exactly what we need. You can master this." Lyla flared a deep, royal purple, her perspective on her place in the world just a little bit changed by Brass. He smiled.

"You see these guards? They're tired, scared. Their job is literally to stand here, at the edge between sanity and Hysteria, and prevent anything from passing through. Who knows how much longer they'll have to do this? But you can help them. Relieve their stress. Relax their shoulders. Make them remember why they enlisted in the Force."

With a flash of green, Lyla closed her eyes, and her aura rippled with blue and purple. She concentrated on sending a soothing pulse through the area, and as she did so, Brass noticed several guards becoming more alert, their steps just that little bit more lively than they had been a few seconds ago. Some of them shuffled and took deep breaths, and they all stood with their backs a little bit straighter. Lyla resonated with the guards, understood how they were feeling, and her aura took on a strong purple hue as she saw the effect she had had on them.

"You're getting better at this, yeah? Let's head back to Andie's."

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

BRASS LADRIAN:
That was an enjoyable post! Lyla is growing very close to you, and as such, grew to Level 14!
Lyla gained half a heart of Friendship! She now has two full hearts of Friendship!

Lyla is ready to evolve thanks to your compassion and helping her grow (She can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)!

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric, after healing up his comrades at the Pokemon center, decided it was finally time to challenge the first Cadet.

"Alright, go Sprian!" Eric said, calling out his Starter.

The other Trainer sent out a Skirrun.

"Sprian, use Bite!" Eric ordered, as Sprian bit down on Skirrun's tail, causing it to flinch in pain.

"Now use Disarming Voice!" Eric commanded. Sprian screeched loudly and the soundwaves hit Skirrun.

"Use Rain Dance!" The other Trainer ordered Skirrun, making the weather change into a light drizzle, and healed itself slightly due to its Hydration ability.

"Sprian! LEER!" Eric ordered, causing Sprian's eyes to menacingly squint at the opponent and lower its defenses.

"Aurora beam! NOW" The other Trainer ordered, as a shot of light came from Skirrun's mouth towards Sprian, causing its attack stat to drop sightly.

"Disarming voice!" Eric ordered, as Sprian let out a loud hiss.

Skirrun was defeated, and Eric went back to the Pokemon Center before he planned on facing Cadet number two.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

ERIC KOBA:
Sprian grew to Level 7!
Cadet One has been defeated, and 300PD has been added to your Wallet!

The next Cadet won't fall so easily.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro jumped in the air, flailing and spasming in excitement. "YES! YES! WOO! WE DID IT!" He ran over and hugged Alliam. He had to hold in his tears of joy as he squeezed his partner, so hard in fact, that Alliam fainted! Kiro looked at Alliam and laughed so hard that he forgot to return him to his pokéball when Andie approached, "Well someone's enjoying themselves. Here," Kiro rose and looked at her extended head, "Take it. It's the Ferry Badge, proof that you defeated me, with this you can now leave Gallant Town of you show it at The Gates." Kiro admired his first badge, Yeah! One down, eight to go! Wait... Nine gyms and Nine Immunes... Are we actually special? "Something wrong?" Kiro looked up and realized that his excitement suddenly died down, "Huh? Oh, no. I just noticed that the number of badges, towns, gyms, and immune are all the same. Nine of each." Andie put on a questioning look, "It's probably just a coincidence, don't worry about it." Kiro was unconvinced, though he still to the badge and PD, "Mm, alright..." He turned and almost left when she reminded him, "Aren't you forgeting something?" He paused, "No, I don't thi- Oh! Right..." Kiro chuckled and put Alliam in his pokéball, feeling awkward.

Back at the Pokèmon Center, "Hey! Look what I got~" The nurse's interest was immediately piqued, "It's a Ferry Badge!" Kiro pulled out the shiny pin that he just acquired and showed it off. "Wow! You really did it! So, what are you going to do now?" He paused at her question, "I don't know. Never thought about it." The nurse gave an encouraging look, "Well, whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck!" Kiro put his pokémon into their respective slots as he left, "Have a nice day!" He smiled when the doors closed as he noticed a difference in her routine, Hey, she dropped the "Have a nice day!" part. Kiro stood outside the door, thinking about what to do next before deciding that he would relax at Professor Blackthorn's Laboratory while he waited for all of the immune to defeat Andie. When he arrived, he remembered that the lab was attached to the gym, so he'd be able watch for immunes tomorrow. Till then, he needed some sleep. And a bite to eat...

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

KIRO IRAKUZA:
Awesome, Alliam has raised a level to Level 15.
Glad to see you'll be sticking around for awhile! Alliam and Churbin are also excited to see the other matches!

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023

Brass
Lyla? | Gallant Town: Andie's Gym
bKrLkXv.png
Pouch | 1100PD Pokedex | Quickdev 5 x Pokeball
g7z8yMH.png
Lyla (Kadporah) | Female | Sassy Level 14 | Synchronize | Psychic Confusion | Calm Mind | Teleport | Double Team
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
34V3H5o.png
To be discovered!
5AlHSIN.png

Andie had been giving instructions to several cadets when Brass arrived; he let her finish before approaching her. She towered over him, her muscular form clearly defined in her outfit, and grinned when she saw him. "Seems like you're back. I don't know where you went, but I sincerely hope your Laimole has learned to control herself. That Furrage took quite a bit of damage, you know."

Lyla shrank back, her aura almost transparent, but Brass smiled and extended a hand. "You won't need to worry. The name's Brass." Andie returned the handshake and said, "I'm assuming you're here to battle me. I'll be the one to judge whether she truly has grown. Prepare yourself, trainer." The two, now positioned across from each other, signaled to the referee that they were ready, and with a shout, the cadet waved an arm. Andie tossed a Pokeball from her belt, and a pink Nurse Shark Pokemon materialized in front of her. The battle began.

"Calm Mind, Lyla. If you can beat a Skirrun, you can beat a Faireeze as well," Brass said. Lyla flashed green before flaring her aura, but Andie smirked and said, "I've seen your battles with the cadets. It's not going to be that easy. Faireeze, interrupt that Laimole with a Dazzling Gleam!" The Nurse Shark shone brightly, and light erupted from its body. Laimole lost her concentration, but she was able to Teleport out of the way before the attack hit her.

Brass rubbed his chin. "Take your time, Lyla. Dodge if you need to, but concentrate on remaining calm." With a flash of green, the air in front of Lyla shimmered again, but this time, instead of Teleporting, Lyla seemed to be in both places at once. Brass raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "So you can use Double Team, yeah? That'll be quite handy." The Faireeze's eyes wandered from one Laimole to the other, unsure of which one was the projection.

Andie smiled. She signaled to the Faireeze, and instead of attacking Lyla, it began to dance gracefully, its body shimmering with a wet sheen. Lyla took this opportunity to flare her aura, and it began to glow a bright purple. It blazed around her, strengthened from her calmed mind, but there was a low rumbling as rain began to fall around the arena. The raindrops fell through the Double Team projection, clearly indicating which of the two was false. The Faireeze shone again, and aiming at the real Lyla, launched a jet of water from its mouth. The Water Gun, empowered by the rain, shot straight toward Lyla, but before it hit her, she Teleported to where her image had been, and the Water Gun splashed harmlessly through the projection. Before the Faireeze could register what had happened, Lyla sent a wave of Confusion, slamming the Faireeze's mind with Psychic energy. The Nurse Shark cried out in pain, but it couldn't handle the empowered attack and backed away, eyes clenched closed. Even though it hadn't fainted, it would not have been able to continue battling.

Andie pulled a Pokeball out and returned the Faireeze before sending out another Pokemon. An aggressive, muscular badger with a yellow mane appeared on the arena, the rain pelting against its fur. It shook it off with a spark and growled. Lyla trembled upon seeing the Badgrun, but she remained calm, her aura flickering like a roaring campfire. Her Double Team flickered again, and another Laimole appeared on the field. With a snicker, Andie called out, "Shock Wave!"

Electricity gathered around Badgrun, and with a quick zap, a ring of electricity shot through the arena in all directions. Lyla tried to Teleport out of the way, but amplified by the rain, the Shock Wave found her body and spazzed against her aura. Though it looked like it would have been quite painful, most of the electricity had been dissipated by her strengthened aura, and she felt only a small quip of electricity. Before she could react, however, several rocks were already flying toward her. Her Double Team had disappeared when the Shock Wave hit her, and Badgrun capitalized upon this opportunity with a quick Rock Blast. Most of them missed, but Lyla's aura could not defend her against physical attacks. One rock hit her square on, sending her tumbling to the ground. She flashed a dark red and watched as the Badgrun barked victoriously. She began to glow, her aura so furious that even the Badgrun backed away, awaiting her next move. Lyla was sending pulses of red and purple as the aura enveloped her.

"Remain calm, Lyla." Brass said, though he was not expecting a reply from his Pokemon. I am calm, Brass. A feminine voice rang through his mind, and he stumbled backward, quickly looking around to see where it had come from. It didn't sound like it was coming from any specific direction, but the voice was clear and firm. I am Lyla. He glanced toward the Laimole, but the aura was still so strong that it was hard to see the form of the Pokemon under the blazing purple. It began to blur, and the arena was soon filled with many, many auras, each one burning brightly against the rain.

"Double Team won't work again, Brass. Badgrun, Magnitude!" The Badgrun jumped into the air and landed heavily, sending tremors through the ground. Cracks began to appear around it as the arena itself shook; the ground burst open, sending rocks flying everywhere; some of the Double Team projections disappeared, but the real Lyla seemed to be nowhere to be found. She had Teleported to dodge, but Brass chuckled when he realized where she had gone. A pink and purple Pokemon was hovering above the Badgrun with a smirk on her face, her arms folded as she floated. She was much bigger than before, her limbs now clearly defined. Her body glistened as her aura flared once again.

I am calm. Brass smiled. "Confusion, Lyla!" The Kadporah began to glow, and the Badgrun turned frantically, trying to locate the missing Pokemon. When it finally looked up, it was too late; Lyla's Confusion rammed into the Badgrun's mind, sending blow after blow, and the badger began to whimper in pain. Andie returned it to its Pokeball before it fainted, and Lyla teleported back to Brass' side, sending flashes of purple and pink. Victory swelled in Brass' chest.

"I'm impressed, Brass. I never thought your Laimole would evolve mid battle. I present to you the Ferry Badge; this will allow you to past through the gates of Gallant Town. I do not know where you are headed to next, but I'm sure you will be ready to face whatever comes your way. Veriti needs you, Brass. Hysteria continues its rampage," Andie said as she walked to him with a small, metal pin in hand.

"Thank you," Brass said. He accepted the Ferry Badge with a smile.

~~

The gates were heavily guarded by Security Black Force members, and they eyed Brass suspiciously as he approached. He flashed the Ferry Badge, and they immediately cleared the way for him. He was ready to continue his journey.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

BRASS LADRIAN:
Congratulations! Lyla has officially evolved into Kadporah!
124_small_zps4fw7iimr.png

Lyla grew to Level 17 against Faireeze and Badgrun, and learned Hidden Power! Lyla gained half a heart of Friendship, and now has two and a half hearts of Friendship!

You defeated Andie and received 600PD, which has been added to your wallet, and also received the Ferry Badge!
000_badge1_small_zps11zkgpzb.png

Congratulations! You have completed Chapter One! Details for Chapter Two will be posted momentarilly!

DAY ONE OF JOURNEY IS OVER; DAY TWO BEGINS

For those following the timeline cycle of Veriti, Day 1 (Ghost Year, Daro, Ming, Renday) is over. Wrap up your first day and continue onto Day 2: Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years
VeritiMap_zpsljqtv61v.png

DELIRIUM
A Fakemon Roleplay. Rated T. Official IC Roleplay

CHAPTER 2 – ROUTE 1 – PATH TO CELESTE CITY

Route 1 is a long route that travels between Gallant Town and Celeste City. It normally takes travelers about three days to travel to the city, so the route is set up with beautiful cabins. Though the cabins have been neglected because of non-use by humans, they are now covered in plant life. However, you can still enter them and sleep inside. There are small portable healing boxes where you can place your Pokemon's Pokeballs and have them healed. However, the healing boxes cannot be removed from the cabins. Most Pokemon do not enter the cabins and prefer to stick to the forest and rocks. On the left is a massive forest, with several paths that lead in and out, connecting to the main Path. To the right is rocky terrain. There aren't any smooth paths, so the terrain is hard to travel over. Be careful! There are some ponds and streams which provide fresh water, but no Pokemon live in them.

It will take you three IC days to pass through this Route!

ROUTE TERRAIN:

Each Terrain offers a few different Pokemon one could meet. Different Pokemon may appear at different times, whether day or night, so be sure to search at different hours!

THE FOREST:
Spoiler:

THE CLIFF :
Spoiler:

If you have finished on Route 1, and wish to continue on to Chapter 3 in Celeste City, just make sure to arrive at the Gates of Celeste City. Once you've shown your Ferry Badge to the guards, they will know you're one of the Nine and will let you into the City. At that point you may end your post!

If you've finished Chapter 2, details for Chapter 3 will be posted soon!

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
[alink id="julia4"]Julia Clark[/alink id]
Rolling to Victory
Andie's Gym
[alink id="inv4"]
FRLG_Items_pocket_M.png
Bag
[/alink id]
Field Journal
[a id]julia4[/a id]
Julia's eyes fluttered open, staring at the cool white ceiling, so her eyes could adjust to the glow of the morning light. She stretched her frame taut to release the tension built up in her muscles, then relaxed with a prolonged and lazy yawn as stray locks of hair fell with her arms. She blinked lethargically and righted herself, her eyes fixated on a random spot on the wall.

Twitching to the right grabbed her attention; her Corscale, Pearl. Julia's metal plated little friend was curled up in a ball, her head resting between her twin tails in her sleep. The brunette giggled before swinging her legs off the bedside. Pearl woke up once Julia was off the bed entirely, raising her head, and blinking the sleep from her eyes while her trainer started going through her morning routine.

Once Julia was entirely dressed and ready to go, she pulled out her Pokédex to check Pearl's moves just in case. The machine started its long schpeal, the genderless voice recounting the information it had already told Julia more than enough times. Finally, it reached the moves section, "Corscale's moves are: Bullet Punch, Leer, and Rollout."

"Rollout huh?" Julia murmured and smiled down at Pearl, "That'll be interesting to try." She palmed Einstein's Pokéball and tossed it forward, the sphere bounced into the air and revealed the Minu in a flash of white light. Julia scanned the minnow Pokémon with her device and allowed it to play in the background while she finished organizing her things.

"Minu's moves are: Water Spout, Water Gun, and Protect," The Pokédex concluded.

"Woah, Protect? That's super useful Einstein!" Julia grinned at the floating fish. Einstein stared blankly back. "Erm, well we should get going," The biologist returned her water type.

Pearl and Julia exited the hotel together, headed directly for the Security Black Force Training Facility. The two had already grabbed a bite to eat in the hotel lobby on their way out, courtesy of Professor Blackthorn. In the morning, Gallant Town was a bustling center of human life. Many people rushed to and fro, off to their jobs, school, and errands, the town seemed just as it did the last time Julia had gone there with her parents. No signs of sickness had infiltrated the ranks of cheery people, something that Julia attributed greatly to the town's location, it was very open and unsecluded, as compared to some of other population centers of Veriti.

Julia entered the ex-gym again, this time, she quickly found the arena, it was completely devoid of any life. Julia surmised that the trainers probably did not arrive until later in the morning, she had gotten there very earlier. So, the young adult sat down at the bottom row of seats, next to the entrance. The battlefield was pretty large and contained a pool of water in the center of it, to help Andie's water types gain an advantage, no doubt.

After about five minutes of waiting, a group of three entered the room, one being the first cadet Julia faced the past day, the other being Andie, and a final cadet that Julia had not met before. Julia inferred that she was the cadet across the room from Julia that she was supposed to face last time she entered the arena. Andie immediately noticed Julia and grinned, "Someone's up bright and early! Are you ready to lose?" The brown haired girl sighed and slid off of the chair, mentally preparing herself for battle.

The cadet took her place opposite Julia and tossed her Pokéball into the air, a bright flash of white light revealing the duo's next foe. A Pokémon about the size of Pearl appeared, it had luscious, muted yellow and sky blue colored pastel, striped fur. Its ears stuck out sharply from its head, making up about a fifth of its body height. Behind it swished a bushy tail that counterbalanced its short and adorable arms.

"Hm, a Furrage," Julia murmured, "Okay Pearl, you're up." Although she knew that Einstein needed a little more training before they faced Andie, the Furrage's electric typing would not do well for Einstein's water type. Pearl bounded forward and faced off against the Furrage, cocking her head to the side. The cadet motioned towards Julia and said, "You first."

"Okay Pearl, Bullet Punch," The smoothing Pokémon shot toward the Furrage, fist in the air. The Furrage easily dodged out of the way and turned on its heels. It slid to a halt and a yellow glow formed around it, electricity that arced across the ground and into Pearl. The Corscale straightened and cried out in immense pain, the electricity coursing through her body.

"Pearl, let's try Rollout," Julia knew she needed to switch up her tactics because the Furrage was far too fast. Pearl launched herself toward the Furrage and hit the ground rolling, her head tucked into her body and her tails propelling her forward. The Furrage moved out of the way, but the small metal Pokémon had gained speed and knocked the electric ferret Pokémon to the side. The attack did not damage their foe a lot because it had just started, but as Pearl began to turn she picked up speed.

"Furrage hit it with another Thundershock!" The cadet ordered her Pokémon to attack Pearl. The electricity made direct contact with the spinning form on the ground but did not halt Pearl's progress at all. Pearl swung around and smashed into the Furrage head on. The rodent was tossed backward but quickly rose back to its feet. The Pokémon's cadet called out, "Furrage, use Slam on the Corscale to stop it."

The electric ferret Pokémon rushed toward the oncoming ball and whacked it with its tail. The two creatures collided. Pearl was knocked out of her roll and the Furrage smashed into the ground, skidding for a few feet. As it slowly rose, Julia could see that the fur on its back stuck upward in all sorts of strange angles as if somebody had rigorously combed its fur in the wrong direction. Brown dirt was mixed in with the soft fur, tainting it.

Pearl had not taken that much damage from the attack, but she struggled to stand. Sparks of electricity arced off her body; Julia surmised that she was paralyzed. "Pearl, finish off the Pokémon with Bullet Punch," Julia said, a little nervous. Pearl shook, but she charged at the Furrage full speed. The Furrage used Thundershock, but Pearl connected, making the rodent flop backward into the ground, completely unconscious.

Julia breathed a sigh of relief and returned her Corscale back to her Pokéball. The cadet handed Julia her 300PD and smiled, "So you've improved I see, well, good luck with Andie..."

"I'll be back in a bit," Julia exited the Training Facility and made a beeline directly to the Pokémon Center.​
[a id]pearl4[/a id]

steel.gif

Pearl, the Level 10 ♀ Corscale
Ability: Technician
Nature: Naïve
Attacks: Bullet Punch, Leer, Rollout
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Pearl is a very matter of fact creature. She is very friendly and very adorable. If Pearl had fur, she would be a perfect Pokemon to snuggle up with and pet for hours. Pearl is rather infantile in many ways. She does not realize the danger inherent in almost any situation and will blindly do most anything unless she has been directly hurt by it before. However, when Pearl is hurt by something, she becomes rather scared of it, unless she can realize that she can defend herself against it. If that is the case, the scale tips back again, and Pearl gets reckless about her situation.
History: Julia obtained Pearl from Professor Blackthorn in Gallant Town. Pearl participated in her first battle against the first Cadet in Andie's Gym. She lost.

[a id]einstein3[/a id]

water.gif

Einstein, the Level 8 ♂ Minu
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quirky
Attacks: Water Spout, Water Gun, Protect
Friendship/Love Meter:

Personality: Einstein is a very strange Pokémon. His decisions and choices seem very random and to make very little sense. He views the world as if from a removed perspective, almost as if he is playing a video game he is not particularly interested in. Einstein uses water to convey affection, and when he is pleased he sprays water in people's faces.
History: Julia tamed Einstein with moss in the Landing Port after he sprayed Julia and Pearl with water. Einstein participated in his first battle against the first Cadet at Andie's Gym. He won.

[a id]inv4[/a id]

073add4157ea0310cacb1dc71b77b59e-d5g0n1u.png

pokeball.png
pokeball
x4
Pokedex
QuickDev
[alink id="pearl4"]
Pearl
[/alink id]

[alink id="einstein3"]
Einstein
[/alink id]

Field Notes
Julia Clark
Ghost Year, Daro, Thinis, Zhouday
Andie's Gym​

Pearl learned Rollout today, which is pretty interesting, I think it could definitely prove useful if we're trying to get something and she needs to get through a small area, she could curl up and reach it.
Also I could use it with another Pokémon that is a distraction so she can build up speed.
Einstein learned Protect, which is super useful, hopefully when he gets to a high enough level he'll be able to protect me too, in case there's like a rock slide or something.
We had a battle against a cadet's Furrage, it went pretty well, nothing really of that much note to improve upon. Except, when facing electric types we should probably avoid contact because a lot of them have the ability Static, Pearl got paralyzed. But it was at the end, so it was okay.​

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

JULIA CLARK:
Good battle!
Pearl grew to Level 12! Pearl gained half a heart of Friendship! She now has one and a half hearts of Friendship!

Cadet Two has been defeated and 300PD has been added to your Wallet!

Andie looks forward to your challenge!

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric Koba has finally finished healing, and challenged cadet number two.

"Alright, go Burcoa!" Eric said, sending out his fuzzy bug Pokemon, who chirped cutely.

The second Cadet sent out their Furrage, and told it to start with a Thundershock, and the creature zapped at the caterpillar.

"Alright Burcoa, use Tackle!" Eric ordered his Pokemon, who rammed into the mustelid headfirst.

"Furrage, you use SLAM!" The cadet ordered, the ferret like Pokemon using its tail to land a blow, defeating Burcoa.

"Sorry, Burcoa!" Eric said, returning it to its Pokeball. "Sprian, it's your turn!" Eric sent out Sprian.

"Sprian, use Bite!" Eric ordered as Sprian bit at Furrage.

"Thundershock!" The cadet ordered, the weasel thing sending an electric shock towards Sprian, who winced slightly.

"Sprian, finish this off with a DISARMING VOICE!" Sprian hissed and screeched at the opponent until it had fainted, and Eric returned Sprian to its Pokeball after hugging it.

Eric then walked back to the Pokemon center to heal and planned on facing Andie afterwards.

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

ERIC KOBA:
Good battle.
Though Burcoa lost, she grew to Level 5! Burcoa gained half a heart of Friendship!

Sprian grew to Level 9 against Furrage! Sprian gained half a heart of Friendship, and now has one full heart of Friendship!

Cadet Two has been defeated and 300PD has been added to your Wallet!

Andie looks forward to your challenge!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Aeolus Panthera - Chapter 1.3
----------
Aeolus anxiously fidgetted with his Pokédex, slightly nervous about today's events. He was approaching the Gallant Town Gym; for he had to defeat the Gym Leader to progress on his journey. He wasn't exactly certain that his Pokémon were ready for the battles ahead, but he believed in their capabilities. Scruff, his Marshock, trotted by Lux's side. Ahab, Lux's Churbin, flew overhead.

"Hey Ahab! C'mon down!" he called. Ahab fluttered down and perched himself onto Lux's left shoulder. "Let's do this, guys." He stepped inside the Gym.

The Gym was filled with numerous hallways, each branching out into different rooms.

"You're here to challenge the Gym?" A tall man appeared at Lux's side, startling him. "U-uh, yeah." stuttered Lux.

"Come with me, I'll walk you to the arena."
"Thanks!" said Lux. They headed down the middle corridor.
"So what's your name, kid?"
"Aeolus, sir."
"Huh, interesting. The name's Jordan. I'm assuming you're one of the Immunes?"
Lux really didn't like being called an 'Immune', but he went along with it. "Yes sir."

They stepped into the arena. Lux, while nervous, could barely contain his excitement. He had always wanted to become a trainer, and now his dream was becoming a reality.

"Get ready Aeolus, because I'm your first opponent!" Jordan said, taking his position at the far right. He whipped his long, black hair out of his eyes and threw a Pokéball into the air. "Go, Skirrun!" The Skirrun appeared in a flash of light.

Lux stepped onto his designated area.
Skirrun looks like a Water-type. While Scruff would have the type advantage, Ahab needs some experience. He can handle a little water, right?
"Your up, Ahab!" he said to the Parrot on his shoulder. Ahab cawed, and flew to the battlefield.

A referee stood on the sideline. She called out, "Battle, begin!"

"You probably should've gone with your Marshock. Skirrun is part Ice-type, you know. Use Aurora Beam!" Jordan commanded. The Skirrun shot a colorful beam from its mouth, hitting Ahab right in the chest. "You have a Pokédex for a reason. Use it."

Lux whipped out his Pokédex and scanned Skirrun. It responded with:
"Skirrun, the Tiger Shark Pokemon. Usually always accompanying Faireeze, Skirrun are laid back and sociable. They blend in easily with the colors of waves, and when it wishes to rest, it buries itself in a bed of sand for hours at a time."
Skirrun's ability and typing were displayed on the screen. Sure enough, Skirrun was Water and Ice typed.

"Oh no. Come back Ahab! You're up Scruff." Lux said. Ahab glided to Lux's side, and Scruff proceeded to battle. "Thundershock!"

A beam of electricity emitted from Scruff, but the Skirrun dodged it with ease. "You've gotta try harder than that. Water Gun, Skirrun!" the blast of water hit Scruff in the face, knocking him backwards.

Gah! This thing is too fast for Scruff to hit! Hmm... wait a minute, I've got it! "Scruff! Ram into the Skirrun as many times as possible!" Scruff turned around and looked at Lux like he was crazy. "Trust me."

Apparently Scruff did trust him, because he started charging towards the Skirrun. It blasted a stream of water towards Scruff, but he barely evaded it. Scruff smacked into the Skirrun, and the Skirrun used Aurora Beam. Scruff was blasted backwards. "Did it work?" Lux muttered. The Skirrun emitted an electrical aura, it was paralyzed!

Lux's plan was for Scruff to make physical contact with the Skirrun for Scruff's Static ability to activate. Slowing it down enough, for Scruff to be able to hit it.

"Thundershock!"
"Not so fast! Dodge it and use Rain Dance!"

Dark clouds began to form on the ceiling, and the rain fell. The Skirrun's electrical aura vanished, bringing it back to its previous state.

"How?" Lux asked.
"It's Skirrun's Hydration ability. He can heal his own status conditions when it's raining."
Lux sighed, discouraged, "Why didn't I notice it before? If I can't pay attention to simple little things like that, then why am I even here..."
"Kid. When something doesn't go your way, you can't just fall apart. You won't get better that way. Now come at me like a man! Finish him with Aurora Beam, Skirrun."

He's right. Lux balled up his fists. I can do this!
"Go! Thundershock!"

Scruff's Thundershock and the Skirrun's Aurora Beam collided in midair, they reacted to each other, and created an explosion.

When the dust cleared, both Pokémon were bruised and beaten, but Scruff was the only one left standing. The Skirrun layed on the ground in a crumpled heap.

"Skirrun is unable to battle. Marshock wins!" said the referee.

"Great job, Scruff. Let's go get you healed up, shall we?" Lux picked up his Marshock.

"Congragulations, Aeolus. You may go heal, but you still have one more battle before you can fight Andie." Jordan said. He gave Lux 300PD, and left the room. As for Lux, he traveled as quickly as possible to the Pokémon Center.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
Years
Kiro woke with Alliam by the bed and Churbin on his chest. Wha? Where- Oh yeah the lab... He moved Churbin over and began his morning routine. It took him a minute to find out where everything was, he may have passed Blackthorn and a few immune but the morning blur was too heavy for him to notice. Having finished relatively quickly, he recalled his pokémon and headed out to the Landing Port with a quick snack. I won't leave town just yet.

Kiro looked around and realized that none of the pokèmon around would be strong enough to effectively train against anymore. Somewhat disappointed, he turned around and was about to leave when he saw 2 Pacin wrestling over a nut. "Hey why don't you guys battle each other?" Kiro tapped his pokéballs and the two were already glaring at each other when they emerged. "Well, you two know what to do. Battle till one of you faints." He stepped back to watch, "Go!" Alliam used Bite but Churbin had already took off and used Gust. Kiro figured that their typing would even the difference in strength, however their move sets and battle styles gave Churbin a much larger advantage than he realized when making the decision. Alliam was pushed back into tree as Churbin continued to use Gust when Alliam twisted behind the tree and used Absorb. The beams pierced the wind, making Churbin fly knife edge between them, giving Alliam the chance to use Razor Leaf. Leaves took the wind's place and struggled to slice the parrot out of the sky while the lizard closed in and jumped up, snatching her out of the sky with Bite. They slammed into the ground with enough noise to scare off the Pacin. Alliam caught Churbin again as they rose and ran her into a bush. Though not thorny like last time, it was still difficult to fly out of with his rapid snapping. Churbin threw some leaves and branches to use a makeshift Sand Attack that gave her just enough time to escape. Alliam used Razor Leaf near the bush, kicking up the smaller broken branches along with the leaves and sending them into Churbin. She managed to use Gust just in time and sent the attack back at him. She then slowly began flying into a clear space to get rid of any cover Alliam could use but he held his ground by the tree and used Absorb till she got close. Giving a graceful display of aerial acrobatics, she dodged each and every beam sent out before flying above the tree and using a completely vertical Gust. The leaves, branches, and the like all fell to the ground in a ring formation, with Alliam nowhere to be found. Churbin flew around the tree, looking for any particularly large spots. However Alliam wasn't in the leaves. Because of her wide circling scan of the tree, he was just barely able to pivot around it fast enough to stay out of her sight. Convinced that Alliam was to far away to be of any real danger, she flew back to Kiro but was hit by a large barrage of leaves, with the occasional twig or two, and was taken to the ground. Kiro winced inside the Razor Leaf until a high speed hit twig him in the face, knocking him over. He briefly clutched his face and backed further away from their battle, only to see it end. Alliam used Bite and made Churbin flinch, then jumped onto her, using Absorb while she was pinned until she fainted. Satisfied with the battle, Kiro congratulated the victor, then recalled the two and healed them at the Pokèmon Center. "Hey a nice day!" He ignored the nurse's obligatory phrase as his stomach rumbled and hunger washed over him.

Kiro left the restaurant, paper bag in hand. He'd ordered take out because he didn't didn't have the patience to actually sit inside. Soon arriving back at the gym, he decided to head inside and watch whoever was currently battling the gym. The noises of battle could be heard as he walked down into the stadium, "Come back to challenge me again?" Am I even allowed to do that? "No, I'm just here to watch." He waved and took a front row seat to watch all the action. Remembering that the professor gave him pokémon food, Kiro tapped his pokéballs to release Alliam and Churbin. After handing each their respective bowls, he began eating his own food and watching the battles. Kiro smiled knowing he had the badge as trainers struggled against Andie's Cadets. It was just like on television, though much less crowded. Kiro munched on a fry, remembering the "coincidence" he'd noticed after his battle. Nine Badges, Nine Immune. Though he enjoyed conspiracy theories, possibly being apart one, especially being so important, was different. This revelation gave him much to think about involving Veriti as a whole, and it only made him more uncomfortable as he thought further into it. His pokémon however, throughly enjoying each match. "Hey!" Alliam snapped up part of Kiro's breakfast, which made him take his thoughts off the subject by watching the battles with his pokémon, taking care to remember the challengers.

Last edited:

Coldweather

A special snowflake.
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 21, 2017

roywintersheader.jpg

EPISODE 3:​
THE POKEMON PROFESSOR

Day 1 Afternoon-Evening

Excited by his new prospects as a Pokemon trainer, Roy spent the remainder of the day training at the Express. He and Orville battled and defeated many wild Pokemon, from the Flying Type Churbin to the Bug Type Burcoa to even more Pacin. Roy could feel Orville growing stronger with every single battle. At one point, a nearby trainer, overhearing Roy shouting "ICE ATTACK" at Orville over and over again, came over to clarify that the move was in fact called "Icy Wind". Roy was a little embarrassed but also very grateful for the clarification.

As the heat of the day began to subside, Roy finally felt his and Orville's fatigue. The sun was just beginning to set and they would soon lose the light. Roy decided that it was about time that they returned to town to get some rest.

-------------------​

Roy arrived back at the professor's lab about an hour after the sun had set. The warm stroll back was the perfect way to end his first day as a trainer. The moon was smiling down on him, proud of what he had accomplished.

As the doors of the lab slid open, Roy felt a rush of cool conditioned air come at him from inside. His skin panged at the movement, and Roy realized that he had a minor sunburn that reddened his face. Roy wore the burn like a badge of honor for a hard day's work.

Professor Blackthorn had offered him and the other immune kids room and board while they were establishing themselves as trainers, which was very generous of her. She was a kind woman, but Roy was intimidated by her. Blackthorn was so well versed in all things Pokemon, and Roy was comparatively clueless. He admired her, and didn't want her to think poorly of him.

Roy began retracing his steps from the tour they had taken earlier to find the bunk.

"Roy?" a voice called out from behind him.

Roy whipped around. He could see somebody standing at the opposite end of the hall. It was the professor!

"H-hello professor!" he responded, stuttering a bit. She made him nervous. "T-thanks again for this opportunity."

She approached him. Her dark hair was tied up behind her head, exposing a warm smile and a soft, glasses wearing face. Her lab coat fluttered behind her.

She crouched down to Roy's eye level.

"This isn't because of me," she said. "This is all because of you. You made this opportunity for yourself."

Roy blushed a bit and chuckled. "It certainly doesn't feel that way."

"Listen," she started. "I believe that you and the others are immune for a very special reason. We're not sure exactly what that reason is, but I am positive that you deserve this gift."

This reassured Roy.

Immune.

The word echoed in Roy's head again.

"Professor," Roy began, timidly. "I have to tell you something. Honest."

Roy sighed.

"I don't know the first thing about Pokemon."

The professor was charmed, then thought for a moment. She seemed to have an idea. "Come with me Roy."

She beckoned for him to follow, and he obeyed. The two started walking back the way that the professor had came, and within a few moments were upon a doorway.

Roy looked at the professor, unsure. She took out a key, and unlocked the door, opening it without entering. The room was pitch black, and Roy couldn't make out a single thing inside.

"After you." she said, gleefully.

Roy entered, and the professor followed. He could feel the ground shift from tiling to carpet, but beyond that, could not identify anything about the room. The professor shut the door behind them, and their room was cast in complete blackness.

Roy was a little scared.

Blackthorn flipped the light switch, illuminating the room.

Vast shelves of books and documents lined the rustically decorated room. Leather chairs and wooden desks filled the empty space. This room, at stark contrast to the rest of the lab, was cozy, warm, and homely.

"This is my private study," the professor said, walking into the center of the room with a little twirl. She sure had showmanship. "This is where I come to think when I'm not working in the lab or in the field."

Roy looked all around him, astounded. He had never seen so many books in one place.

Blackthorn was glad that Roy appreciated it. She walked up to one of the shelves, and traced her fingers along the bindings. With a joyful hop, she removed an old wine colored book and gave it to Roy.

Roy examined it. The cover was worn and a bit dusty, and the pages were yellowed by time and use. It smelt musty. Roy flipped it on its side to look at the binding.

It read, "Trainer's Field Guide" with the subtext "Everything A Young Pokemon Trainer Needs To Know".

Roy looked up at the professor, grinning big with appreciation. "Thank you! This is perfect."

Blackthorn smiled. "That was mine when I was a girl. Take good care of it." she paused. "And bring it back when you've saved Veriti."

Roy laughed, tearing up a little bit, and hugged her.

-------------------------​

Roy entered the bunks. He greeted everyone else in there, then claimed an empty bed by throwing his bag on top of it. Roy unzipped the large pocket, and removed a flashlight, Orville's ball, and the Trainer's Field Guide. He placed all of it on the bedstand, right next to where he'd be sleeping.

Roy undressed himself and slipped under the cool, paper light covers. He grabbed the book and the flashlight, and right before he settled in and started reading, Roy leaned over to the Pokeball and whispered,

"Good night Orville. Tomorrow, we take on the Gym Leader."

Royal

Artist and Writer
Years

LUX PANTHERA:
Great battle!
Though Ahab was returned, he gained some experience and grew to Level 5!
Scruff grew to Level 9 against Skirrun and learned Quick Attack! Scruff gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one full heart of Friendship!

Cadet One has been defeated and 300PD has been added to your Wallet!

KIRO IRAKUZA:
Nice!
Churbin grew to Level 13 in battle and learned Quick Attack!
Alliam grew to Level 16 in battle!
Alliam is ready to evolve thanks to training and you helping him grow!
(He can evolve, or not, whenever you'd like.)!

New Pokemon Entry!
Spoiler:

ROY WINTERS:
Good post!
Orville grew to Level 8 and learned Headbutt! Orville gained half a heart of Friendship and now has one full heart of Friendship!

Back