• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Should Village Bridge have been a town?

Village Bridge as town - y/n?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As you might have noticed, the games pretty much have a lack of cities and towns. However! The games instead have more bridges than in other games. One of which is Village Bridge, one that arguably could have worked well as a town to fill that town quota pretty much.

It has more people than a bridge should really have, it has houses there, and in other games, smaller "towns" have gotten away with being referred to as towns when really, all they have is a few houses. In fact, Village Bridge could've been named "Village Town" or something along these lines and it still would've fit. Plus, you wouldn't even need to have a mart, because in other games, other towns haven't had marts (while the role of Pokemon centre is pretty much covered by the girl who heals you to the far right of the bridge). As far as connections go, there's a route in between the last town and city, so technically it wouldn't be a city after a city.

What do you think about this? Would've it been better as a town? And why do you think they decided having yet another bridge would be more appropriate than changing a few small things and making it officially a town (which would also mean you'd get to fly to it)?

Discuss!

Last edited:

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
Years
I like the fact that it's not a town; it definitely adds something new to the Pokemon games. It seems more realistic that not every single community would have a Pokemon center anyway. It is, after all, only a village.

Years
I think it would do well as just a town. Well, it's named 'Village' which means town. XD Also, I think GameFreak just wants it to be unique and slightly difficult to access by getting us to walk all the way there. It does give some form of a challenge, but I think many are greatly irked by the fact there's no Pokemon Center there. XD

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
It's one of the five bridges of Unova, so of course it should stay a bridge. Plus it's called Village Bridge, not Bridge Village.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Hmmm. Personally I think Pokemon games should have more places like Village Bridge - maybe some really rural place with a Pokemon Centre every other town or so (I know it would never happen). I was thinking about it the other day, about how there isn't a PC you can fly too - but then I realized it was kind of cool =o

It would make a cool town though with some more feature though. I wish villages and hamlets had more of a role in the games, however

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Village Bridge is a strange case. It could easily been a part of Lacunosa Town honestly, though having tall grass (Which no town/city has ex. Driftveil) and lots of trainers to fight isn't really something a fly-able area has.

I just don't really care though.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
I think it was homely and rather pleasant just the way it was. We do need more country areas like it, because in essentially every game, you had your hometown, which was basically a village, and then maybe one more throughout the game.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Yes it should have been a town, but I still think of it as a town. There are some places in New York that have the title of bridge after the name of it, doesn't mean its a bridge exactly. I love how the houses look on the bridge. To really be honest, I didn;'t know that it was not a town until someone told me it was.

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I like it as is... heaven knows there's tons of rural parts in my neck of the woods that aren't big enough to be considered towns, just little settlements and clusters of houses. None around me are atop bridges, but we all know odder settlements have been turned into entire cities in Pokenon (coughcoughFortreePacifidlogSootopoliscoughcough)

I just consider that the "country/upstate" part of New York compared to the "New York City" part (and yes, my IRL parents do live in that part of the state, and yes there are towns as quiet and rustic as Village Bridge in those parts). I still have yet to find the desert part of New York State, but that's another topic altogether.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Considering the fact that there's a group of houses in Village Bridge, it would've made sense if it was made into a flyable town as well.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
they shoulda atleast had sum kinda event thing there like those weekly things or sumthing

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
Essentially it is a town, just that it is built upon a bridge to avoid floods (or have I got it wrong :x) and as such It should have been a town and you should be able to fly there.

Years
I went onto Village bridge last night for half an hour (no joke!), and I now recant my vote of not really minding, but I definitely think it should be a town.. I mean, it has houses, its not just a bridge area, and the factor you can approach 4 different people to change the music..

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I always considered it to be a town... just on a bridge. I don't see how renaming it to be a town would do anything except allow you to fly there (and clutter up the map). It's not that annoying to have to bike there to get to it. Get some exercise!

Back