• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new pokemon ripoff mobile app (Monster Park)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Guys seriously this game is taking the assets of pokemon. They didn't even change the design. It looks like they hacked one of the regular games and dumped the assets of a pokemon game into a mobile app.

Not sure how to describe this but just watch this video to understand how this game is a ripoff of pokemon and is not in fair use.

Just look at this youtube video and you can see how the app is not fair use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMC5KdFChPw

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-park-the-funning-age/id1183241199?mt=8

People need to be aware of this.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yeah, I don't understand how the ripoff mobile apps and "Free download" ads stay up for years, while fangames get taken down when they make much less of an impact on profits probably.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Wow. This is just a straight rip of Pokemon X and Y thrown into a mobile app. And yet Nintendo goes after the fans instead...

The sad thing is that it actually looks better than Pokemon GO. I don't know if it plays any better or not, but it definitely looks better and that's sad.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I know but still, the real problem with this app is the microtransactions. They are trying to make money by stealing assets from pokemon. It can trick kids and parents thinking it's the real thing.

Years
  • It's a shame, but it's what we have live with mobile games. It's a who can make the better ripoff world.

I'm surprised how Nintendo hasn't taken this down, but they took down non-profit hacks like Pokemon Prism and Pokemon Uranium.

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    I found out about this game the other day through a youtube ad and i've got to say it plays and looks just like an official pokemon game. This game is something i would have liked to see nintendo put out for mobile except without the microtransactions which killed the game for me. I don't agree with them ripping off pokemon though and it won't be long until nintendo takes it down.

TheCobaltComet

Investigator
    Years
  • On the contrary, I think Nintendo won't even bat an eye at mobile games, unless someone tries ripping off Pokemon GO. They've shown bias in the community previously, so it would not be surprising if this went out of their radar for at least a few more months.

Years
  • My roommate was showing me a game recently called Spirit Monsters Legends or something like that. It had an original version and a Pokemon one. He was convinced it was a spinoff or collaboration. I told him it was fake and after a bit of searching found nothing so it was fake. I knew it was from the start because they had artwork straight out of Mystery Dungeon and other games. Plus all the music was just random songs ripped from Gen4 and up. He wanted me to play it but I don't like those ripoff games.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    qBVBCRC.png

I'm getting Telefang vibes.

Or what was that old bootleg translation of... Pokémon Green Vietnamese version?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • qBVBCRC.png

I'm getting Telefang vibes.

Or what was that old bootleg translation of... Pokémon Green Vietnamese version?
    Vietnamese Crystal. Pokemon Green did get an English translation, but it just doesn't quite compare.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • So I went and downloaded this and it's a heap of fun haha. Basically a dungeon crawler with Pokemon mechanics (weaknesses etc) and skins.

Years
  • What bothers me is that they take clips from actual Pokemon trailers (such as the S/M trailer and the pokken trailer), let them run for a bit, then they randomly edit in the knockoff game at the end to trick people.

They also keep changing the name of the game (I'm assuming to avoid being caught). Right now it's being called "Fantasy Myst".

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The really odd part to me is, this is approved by Apple; a company who frequently regulates their app market.

To distribute an app on their market, you have to be a certified developer, which in addition to costing an annual fee, also involves an application process. Not that it's necessarily hard to get, but the vetting is still there. So not only is this guy a certified developer, this app had to first be approved by Apple before distribution started. Most of that vetting process, I always assumed was quality assurance and copyright protections. Perhaps it's different depending on the country in which you're developing, but there really shouldn't be any excuse for such blatant infringements. Extradition exists, and dude should have to pay restitutions to Nintendo/Game Freak for all the in-app purchases he's getting off of naive kids and their parents.

As an wanna-be app developer myself, this makes me mad, but mostly at Apple.

Back