• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Dartrix

Marcos_SGG
Years
  • attachment.php

This Rattata is Much better than The Currently.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Hi all! From the guy who brought you [the devamp of] Silvally, comes the last two 'mons who desperately need backsprites: Kartana and Araquanid!
    And here they are.
    Bam.

Kartana:
    0HCgmMa.png

Araquanid:
    0KVaYB5.png

Honestly, I'm proud of Kartana. But Araquanid. 'Mons like him are sooooo hard to make a backsprite for, so feel free to edit his.

But I think that wraps up the entire dex, unless there's forms I'm forgetting about.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, credit: I didn't make either frontsprite. Just backsprites. Credit goes out to those who made the front ones though. They're buried somewhere in this thread.

EDIT AGAIN: Also yeah I think there's some sorta white pattern on Kartana's back in the yellow area, so if you know what that's all about, help me out and fix him too.

EDIT ONE MORE TIME: I made a little album of the S/M Pokemon Sprites. Here it is. I implore you all to find any niche sprites that we may be missing (besides all the type recolors of Silvally) so that we can wrap this up and head on to second-frames for Emerald :D.

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hope this doesn't come across as rude in any way, but is there someone that is keeping track of sprites in the OP? I appreciate all the work being done, but it seems like many sprites are being lost in the wayside during this process. I think the sprites are looking really good, but it makes the thread very hard to navigate without proper documentation. Also, having the sprites one centralized location really streamlines the crediting process which I know has been an issue.

Keep up the good work! I am planning on making second frames for Emerald hackers based off of these sprites when the time comes!

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Kartana:
    0HCgmMa.png

Araquanid:
    0KVaYB5.png

URL="http://imgur.com/a/fVQ5u"]Here it is.[/URL]

1.) That Kartana sprite is, for one, entirely too small. There's no need to fit the arm in the frame like that. It's also based off of an old front sprite that we are no longer using because we have one that's significantly better, so the backsprite should be based off that one. It's also incredibly depthless, which is not a good thing. It also looks like the other arm was literally just cut off.

2.) Araquanid isn't awful. I feel like the legs could use some bulk and roundness but that's something that could be QC'd fairly easy.

3.) The compilation is nice, but there are too many old sprites in it to be useful (specifically Mimikyu, Alola-Golem, and Kartana) as well as many sprites that still need to be heavily edited to look much better. In addition, we are not at all moving on to anything else unless the billions of issues with many sprites are taken care. We aren't close to being done at all. Emerald frames are unlikely to happen. That's a bunch of more sprites that need to be created and I don't think anyone here wants to do that (I certainly don't - maybe Hiraethe does).

I hope this doesn't come across as rude in any way, but is there someone that is keeping track of sprites in the OP? I appreciate all the work being done, but it seems like many sprites are being lost in the wayside during this process. I think the sprites are looking really good, but it makes the thread very hard to navigate without proper documentation. Also, having the sprites one centralized location really streamlines the crediting process which I know has been an issue.

Keep up the good work! I am planning on making second frames for Emerald hackers based off of these sprites when the time comes!

If everyone is okay with this, I'll create a hub post for all of the updated sprites that I can update every time there's a new QC, which I will then edit and link to in my posts. That way DarkDragon can pull them all from the post and upload them as necessary, and we can avoid accidentally reusing older sprites. I'll even do some nice CSS to make it look really purty.

Last edited:

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • If everyone is okay with this, I'll create a hub post for all of the updated sprites that I can update every time there's a new QC, which I will then edit and link to in my posts. That way DarkDragon can pull them all from the post and upload them as necessary, and we can avoid accidentally reusing older sprites. I'll even do some nice CSS to make it look really purty.

agree fully 100%, please do. If the OP has been/is going to be inactive for extended periods, it may also be better to make a new thread or transfer ownership or something

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    1.) That Kartana sprite is, for one, entirely too small. There's no need to fit the arm in the frame like that. It's also based off of an old front sprite that we are no longer using because we have one that's significantly better, so the backsprite should be based off that one. It's also incredibly depthless, which is not a good thing. It also looks like the other arm was literally just cut off.

Oh, theres a new Kartana sprite? Pfft. That's what I get for not checking the entire thread. (Could somebody post that sprite for me? That'd be great.) Also, there is perspective in the Kartana backsprite. It's at an angle where the arm looks cut off, when its actually just being seen at an angle straight from itself - if that makes sense - kinda like you're looking at him from a corner, which would explain why the other arm is as big as it is. Some people might see it that way, and it ultimately depends. If somebody feels DEEPLY concerned about it, they can edit it or make a new one. That's what this whole thread is for, right?

2.) Araquanid isn't awful. I feel like the legs could use some bulk and roundness but that's something that could be QC'd fairly easy.

Really? Cool! I may just stylize it off of Ariados' or Galvantula's backsprite if I ever try to edit it in terms of size, cuz right now his backsprite to me just looks so far away.

3.) The compilation is nice, but there are too many old sprites in it to be useful (specifically Mimikyu, Alola-Golem, and Kartana) as well as many sprites that still need to be heavily edited to look much better. In addition, we are not at all moving on to anything else unless the billions of issues with many sprites are taken care. We aren't close to being done at all. Emerald frames are unlikely to happen. That's a bunch of more sprites that need to be created and I don't think anyone here wants to do that (I certainly don't - maybe Hiraethe does).

I mean, the compilation is just there to help me keep up with all the stuff; it's very subject to change. What I'm trying to say is that we have a basis for all the sprites. Like, you could make a hack with all Gen 7 Pokemon, and they'd all have sprites - except the sprites would be meh. We've finished a big step. Now folks just gotta edit them to look better. The compilation was made to show we're ready to clean stuff up. Not to say we're done.

Oh yeah, and the secondary Emerald frames are not priority (as much as I wish they were). I'd just like to see 'em happen, that's all. I know I'll be a-fixin' to make 'em.

Years
  • Emerald frames are unlikely to happen. That's a bunch of more sprites that need to be created and I don't think anyone here wants to do that (I certainly don't - maybe Hiraethe does).

If everyone is okay with this, I'll create a hub post for all of the updated sprites that I can update every time there's a new QC, which I will then edit and link to in my posts. That way DarkDragon can pull them all from the post and upload them as necessary, and we can avoid accidentally reusing older sprites. I'll even do some nice CSS to make it look really purty.

I am making second frames for the pokemon I intend to use in my hack and share them for everyone. Doing it for gen 6 right now.

Thank you, I really think that organization is key for this project, as evidenced recently by the kartana sprite

Jeesh

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2020
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    The ones that say "do not edit" are ones that don't need any fixes and are pretty high quality already, so there's no need to touch them.

Also, if anyone quotes the hub post for whatever reason, please spoiler it. It's quite large.

Anyway, did a QC of Marshadow. This thing sucks ass to edit and I'd still like to see some work on it.

Old:
    XBdWN8O.png

New:
    o9ESge4.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Spoiler:

The "Hub" doesnt has the sprites for pokemon exclusive to the games that are Ash Greninja and the Zygarde Complete and other Zygarde forms and the Ash Pikachu.
    anyways, its been a few weeks i havent posted anything
    Added new sprite for Decidueye, Updated Incineroar, Changed Primarina's Palette
    JSuVtf9.png

Credits: Fishbowlsoul90(Decidueye and Incineroar), PrincessofMusic(Primarina)
    Solgaleo(QC-d), Lunaala and Marshadow(the old ones look too small for legendaries)
    vaUPZFe.png

Credits:Wobblebuns(Solgaleo), Elazulmax(Lunaala), Fishbowlsoul90(Marshadow)
    Also I saw that the Turtonator Sprite you posted was the old one and i have already updated it plus I resized the current Dartrix sprite too
    7FqCR2P.png

Credits:Fishbowlsoul90(Turtonator) and the guy who made the dartrix sprite (pm me cause i dunno who uploaded it)
    EDIT: Added Tsareena, Credits:Fishbowlsoul90

Last edited:

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I haven't included those sprites because they are low priority. I'd rather focus on the main game sprites before moving on to that stuff.

First of all, Primarina doesn't need any editing, it's fine as is. I'll look at the palette and see which matches closer. We aren't using either of those front sprites for Decidueye or Incenroar - Decidueye is too short in that and the other one is better, and the one for Incenroar has a messed up back hand and doesn't look as good as the original one anyway.

We don't need new sprites for Lunala and Solgaleo, they're fine as is. I really only want palette editing for Lunala's shiny and for its Full Moon phase. I like the Marshadow, but it would be infinitely better if you would edit the sprites directly from the sheet so that we don't have to constantly assemble them. It's a lot of unnecessary work.

That Dartrix is way too tiny and that Turtonator looks a bit big. That Tsareena actually looks so much better. It'll look better with QC but if you could assemble that into a sprite sheet that'd be excellent.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I haven't included those sprites because they are low priority. I'd rather focus on the main game sprites before moving on to that stuff.

First of all, Primarina doesn't need any editing, it's fine as is. I'll look at the palette and see which matches closer. We aren't using either of those front sprites for Decidueye or Incenroar - Decidueye is too short in that and the other one is better, and the one for Incenroar has a messed up back hand and doesn't look as good as the original one anyway.

We don't need new sprites for Lunala and Solgaleo, they're fine as is. I really only want palette editing for Lunala's shiny and for its Full Moon phase. I like the Marshadow, but it would be infinitely better if you would edit the sprites directly from the sheet so that we don't have to constantly assemble them. It's a lot of unnecessary work.

That Dartrix is way too tiny and that Turtonator looks a bit big. That Tsareena actually looks so much better. It'll look better with QC but if you could assemble that into a sprite sheet that'd be excellent.

well thats a shame cause i think they're better also the tsareena took the least time amongst them all, but anyways here's the sprite sheet you requested :P
    INt7C98.png

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, of course you're going to think they're better. You made them :v We don't need many new sprites for them, we just need them to be QC'd.

I updated the hub with Tsareena's sprite and encourage any QC of it.

EDIT: Did Bewear and Turtonator because I can.

Old:
    8NI9Dsg.png

DakumZZ.png

New:
    3kUGLQX.png

zbwcJ11.png

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Gen VII Sprite Hub

Managed by Awkward.

Hey. So this thread is getting a bit disorganized. We have people editing the wrong sprites or contributing new versions of ones we already have, and that's going to make it so much harder to actually edit this stuff. So this is my solution. Every new sprite someone edits, I'll update this post and make a post pointing it out. That way, we will always have a reference for each sprite, and DarkDragon doesn't have to scour the thread for whatever sprites he needs to find. I have also included some issues I've noticed with some sprites. If any new issues pop up, I'll add them to the hub as well.

Now, this is really important: I will not be documenting the credits for each image. That responsibility falls on you, the editor of the sprite, not me. I am simply compiling the most recent sprite so that we always edit from the most recent version, ensuring that the quality increases and we don't end up with five different version based off an old version. Doing this will reduce a lot of the workload for everyone and make it easier for everyone to build off edits and get correct credit.

If a sprite has been labeled with "do not edit," please don't edit it. I have a fairly good eye for sprites and I know which ones look the best they possibly can. Unless you see an extremely glaring issue, just leave the sprite be.

If you don't see your sprite on the hub, it's likely that it wasn't accepted because of serious quality issues.​

Sprites

Rowlet
    u2nuT6E.png

Issues: Shiny palette is too bright - can't see the details on the back sprite.

Dartrix
    dqLwXpq.png

Issues: Both front and back needs to be resized.

Decidueye
    QIUemAE.png

Issues: A back sprite that matches the front sprite would be nice.

Litten
    mcqqzUe.png

Issues: Needs to be smaller.

Torracat
    mnWIk1r.png
    (Accepted Front Sprite)
    AnYZuZH.png
    (Accepted Back Sprites)

Issues: The old front sprites were better. We should really use those.

Incineroar
    sKIZRnk.png

Issues: None at the moment.

Popplio
    QwVhT0q.png

Issues: None - do not edit!

Brionne
    tOfbEPB.png

Primarina
    uaS7V8x.png

Pikipek
    NVlQd8N.png

Trumbeak
    0tIyuUm.png

Issues: The end of the feathers on the head look really thick.

Toucannon
    qLDIiMv.png

Yungoos
    1McrDr5.png

Issues: The front sprite needs more shading and the back sprite needs complete reshading.

Gumshoos
    xBpsSpM.png

Issues: The backsprite needs reshaded.

Grubbin
    7RbO4WY.png

Charjabug
    3tPBFQ2.png

Issues: The backsprite is legitimately awful and needs to be replaced. The shiny palette outlines need to be darkened. The front sprite could use more shading to establish better depth.

Vikavolt
    xLQZ8yZ.png

Issues: The back sprite lacks depth. The shiny palette makes the back sprite look like it has no outline on the wings, which is a no-no.

Crabrawler
    NQCbVTH.png

Crabominable
    NVCWVsK.png

Oricorio
    RthrDwy.png

kHyYThx.png

WUPd7oK.png

hvPHJ3n.png

Issues: All four need reshaded - their shading does not match the standard source.

Cutiefly
    eIbW23z.png

Issues: Wings could use some shading.

Riombee
    ED5Yqpc.png

Rockruff
    K7paIwI.png

Issues: Back sprite's tail and left ear could use work.

Lycanroc
    ba8qYb6.png
    Mc5J5Y7.png

Issues: Needs backsprites. The ones provided in Jeesh's album were never approved (and shouldn't be).

Wishiwashi
    Wishiwashi.png

J3fMlJ8.png

Issues: None at the moment - do not edit School Form!

Mareanie
    7z2MqGD.png

Issues: The backsprite is just a little weird. Maybe consider one with more depth?

Toxapex
    tlEwZuV.png

Mudbray
    EsO1NnA.png

Mudsdale
    FH89y0Z.png

Issues: The backsprites could use a lot more shading - there's almost none.

Dewpider
    NH3ht6H.png

Issues: The front sprite lacks depth.

Araquanid
    0KVaYB5.png

Issues: The backsprite's legs could be rounder and thicker.

Fomantis
    vNURnVu.png

Issues: This sprite just doesn't look right to me. I feel like we could use a better one.

Lurantis
    5BqvsBo.png

Issues: Front sprite look fine at the moment. Backsprite needs a lot more shading.

Morelull
    6aHdZXb.png

Issues: Normal back needs some outline work - it looks thick in some places.

Shiinotic
    Xur02xr.png

Issues: Backsprite could use some shading work - do not use a different sprite!

Salandit
    KE1H4sX.png

Issues: A different backsprite would be great. This one... is just sad.

Salazzle
    Salazzle.png

Issues: This sprite is the most problematic. There are serious anatomical issues with the hands in both the front and back, and there are major shading issues on the back. This sprite should not be posted on the OP until it gets fixed.

Stufful
    yXrukzU.png

Issues: Some outline work on the head wouldn't hurt.

Bewear
    3kUGLQX.png

Bounsweet
    5Oap5Bn.png

Issues: The front sprite is really flat and isn't even facing the right direction. Smogon has a great sprite that we should resize and use instead. The back sprite lacks depth, which could be remedied by reshading.

Steenee
    oGGffVn.png

Issues: The normal palette needs work. The white is too white and the green is too neon. The back sprite could honestly be replaced with a better version.

Tsareena
    INt7C98.png

Issues: The backsprite has serious shading issues (incorrect light source, for one) and lacks a lot of depth.

Comfey
    MGPoozM.png

Issues: The backsprite is not very circular, and it lacks a lot of shading.

Oranguru
    yPgMN5S.png

Passimian
    I8fXcGk.png

Wimpod
    FsVxaL7.png

Issues: The back sprite has a weird angle but other than that, this is mostly fine.

Golisopod
    Jjv1bsC.png

Sandygast
    pctTU8x.png

Palossand
    heXKBQg.png

Pyukumuku
    Pyukumuku.png

Type: Null
    2gRE11w.png

Sivally
    pZeHp4I.png

Issues: Front sprite looks pixelated, especially in the legs.

Minior
    GS2mpQo.png

r9TlCQw.png

jY8lnLl.png

ydOBImu.png

FU5MUju.png

Komala
    Y92Ue6d.png

Issues: None at the moment

Turtonator
    zbwcJ11.png

Issues: If anyone wants to resize the front sprite properly to remove the tail, that's fine, but otherwise this is okay.

Togedemaru
    J8MivIs.png

Issues: The tail in both the front and back are legitimately horrifying. They have no depth. The back sprite, in general, needs a lot of rework.

Mimikyu
    MHW8lzo.png

ivI7kZF.png

Issues: The Busted form needs to be finished. Do not edit!

Bruxish
    h6WTeCV.png

Drampa
    3l4eX1v.png

Dhelmise
    8pSgIcU.png

Jangmo-o
    OnlzfFR.png

Hakamo-o
    5VIW1Y8.png

Kommo-o
    sveCT7a.png

Tapu Koko
    ssAQpvD.png

Tapu Lele
    uZ1Ir5Y.png

Issues: Some more shading on the back sprite wouldn't hurt.

Tapu Bulu
    cNoydfs.png

Issues: The back sprite looks small compared to the others, but that might not be fixable.

Tapu Fini
    pT4JKdd.png

Cosmog
    gVvv6fh.png

Cosmoen
    XmKOgI0.png

Issues: It's just sort of... weird... Anything to make it look more like the Smogon sprite but also by making it look better would be great.

Solgaleo
    LlKZOPX.png

weqxmYQ.png

Lunala
    jvjDP5S.png

mEq55Dg.png

Issues: The Full Moon form is really bright. It's going to be blinding on GBA, so it needs to be reduced.

Nihilego
    wsoYyY2.png

Buzzwole
    enQalQQ.png

Pheromosa
    pNPmGxU.png

Issues: The shiny sprite is apparently causing issues for some people.

Xurkitree
    hz4eD6O.png

Celesteela
    XvZel7k.png

Kartana
    EqipIkk.png

Issues: Needs a back sprite based on the front sprite.

Guzzlord
    P6EsgRH.png

Issues: Some additional shading would make it look better.

Necrozma
    q8HYbH1.png

Magearna
    KcTG8iC.png

Issues: The shading looks weird in a lot of places.

Marshadow
    o9ESge4.png

Issues: The shading isn't ideal, and it looks bulky in a lot of places. The front sprite arms are less than ideal.

Ratatta
    NLUhkhr.png

Raticate
    AFZXRQF.png

Issues: The whiskers on the back sprite don't match the ones on the front sprite.

Raichu
    vvyAXo2.png

Sandshrew
    n1ejsXJ.png

Sandslash
    8PsNwaf.png

Issues: The left claw is a bit too big.

Vulpix
    0r5seAK.png

Issues: Both palettes make it very hard to see outlines, especially on the tail.

Ninetales
    bOMWx5j.png

Issues: Same issue as Vulpix. The back sprite also doesn't completely match the front sprite.

Diglett
    SSbz2q7.png

Issues: The shiny palette needs to be desaturated.

Dugtrio
    jlJRDPJ.png

Issues: Same as above. The back sprite's hair outline could use some work.

Meowth
    4CcXgpY.png

Issues: Front sprite is a little small, but this is mostly fine.

Persian
    j0ThFwq.png

Issues: I am not a fan of cat ass in my face. Can we just edit overtop the original Chaos Rush sprite?

Geodude
    JM1RLej.png

Issues: Some palette issues, but nothing too serious.

Graveller
    S35TqCY.png

Golem
    ptMbDHK.png

Grimer
    M0pA1os.png

Muk
    iGSdfIb.png

Exeggutor
    wI3Kitf.png

Issues: The shine on the stomach could be better.

Marowak
    fznIZyY.png

©Awkward.

Thanks for this compilation! Could be better if the credits are included... By the way, Litten front sprite is already fine in terms of size... Charjabug back sprite, we'll use the one in the OP... More later...

Zygarde formes, Ash-Greninja, Ash-Pikachu and Rotom Pokédex are in the same priority as the Alola forms... So yeah... We'll also include the "Z-move" forme of Marshadow...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    meh whatever, anyways, here's Marshadow's Z-Move Form
    T6Unyi0.png

Credits: my favourite, FishBowlSoul90 :P
    Also i really think that you should use the "updated" Turtonator sprite though

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Just want to say that the back sprite doesn't necessarily need to match the front sprite's pose... The back sprites aren't Gen. 5-style and 64x64 isn't enough for most species (or else they will look small)...

About the issue on Turtonator front sprite, I'll try to come up with a 64x64 base (unfinished) which will be based from fishbowlsoul90's sprite (correct me if I'm wrong) that can be used...

Also, anytime this week, I will be asking the mods to temporarily lock this thread until New Year's Day of 2017 so that we will have an organized thread beginning next month/year (that way the sprites can be easier to organize)...

P.S.: haimon_99 and Awkward, may I ask for an extra help from you this coming week? Thanks!

Back