• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say the Fairy Type was never Created

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Say they never created the Fairy type, how different do you think the Pokemon games would be? And what would some of the Fairy type Pokemon in Generation VI and VII be typed instead?

For starters, well, Dragon types would probably still be op. As for existing Fairy types...
    Hmm.

Flabebe would be a Normal or Grass type. Pokemon like Diance would maybe be Psychic type instead, and maybe the Tapus would be Psychic types.

Btw, this is all speculative, so don't think too hard about the question. It's just a what if.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Say the Fairy Type was never Created

Years
  • Other than dragons dominating more as they once did, I don't think it'd affect things too much? Most fairy types can be retyped to normal pretty easily, and it would still be quite fitting!

Years
  • about the same as they would be pre-XY. although to be honest, i like having fairy-type pokemon around. :> they have their own little niche in not only being a hard counter for dragons, but a nice deterrent for for fighters an dark types.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • That would be pretty bad. Dragon would be too strong and since by the time we got the new type Rock attacks on Fighters were more common and so Flying felt less of a weakness. Though I guess Dark would have been better if the new type didn't exist.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I suspect people who play competitive Pokemon would still be whining about how strong Dragon-types are, but beyond that? I don't think it'd make much difference. There aren't too many pure Fairy types, and those that are pure Fairy would probably work just as well being Normal types...it's not a particularly specific design category, mostly because it's been unnecessarily tacked-on to a few prior gen Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I never really thought dragon typing was OP. In my mind, it was resisted by steel and weak to ice plus itself. When fairy typing came in, I was kind of shocked especially how dragon doesn't affect fairy. Nowadays, however, I can't see the game without fairy typing. Without fairy typing, I'd say most fairies would be normal typing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2021
    Fairy kinda gave some normal types a second type, and finally gave dragon type a weakness besides itself

Back