• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Super Gold 97 (Complete)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2021
I have Sunflora only left to get does anyone know where to catch it?

This game is amazing and has been an experience for me! I can't express how much playing this actually meant to me. THANK YOU!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 14, 2021
You have no idea how excited I am to have just found out that this exists! Wish I could pay money to help support y'all ^^ Gen II was my fav. The realization that I can now play a nearly brand new game in that style is mind-boggling. My only question is whether the pokemon names will be edited to match the Nob Ogasawara given names seen in the following video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4yIjpSaHgo Nob was such a key part of what made those old games so good. He would add that extra authenticity to the project. In any case, thank you so very much!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2021
How do I get passed the Gardener blocking the entrance to Alloy City? Did I miss something, I have 4 badges.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 3, 2021
I can't find Isen Strait Lab. I looked on the Screenshot map, but there seems to be no way that leads to it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
Have you fixed the ship yet? There's a small path on the right side of the map to get up to where the lab is but it won't be there if the ship hasn't been repaired.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 31, 2021
This looks great! Posting to say thank you. I am new to the forum and looking for G/S and/or HG/SS with few additions except making all 251 pokemon (or so, ie 256? for HG/SS dex) catchable in one file. I will give this a try at some point. I am also trying HG golden edition by BlazingMagmar. Thanks all!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Great to see that this is still being updated!
By the way, I recommend using both of the female grunts from the source code leak.
Maybe one can be an executive?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
This looks great! Posting to say thank you. I am new to the forum and looking for G/S and/or HG/SS with few additions except making all 251 pokemon (or so, ie 256? for HG/SS dex) catchable in one file. I will give this a try at some point. I am also trying HG golden edition by BlazingMagmar. Thanks all!

255 is the max 'mons a Gen 1/2 game is capable of holding. Even today, there is still no way of changing that. Also, one of those 255 is an Egg slot, so they'd need to replace some others to make room for the newer.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 22, 2021
Hey guys, thanks, that's awesome version.

Edit: Just forgot, i found it, thanks again, very very complete game !

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I finally made it through the elite 4 \o/
Became champion just before updating to 7.0, now I'll enjoy the postgame with the new version. The playtime is slightly bloated because I have this unhealthy habit of leaving my phone unattended and returning to 20% battery and a hot screen.

The squad:
4k2o0wU.png

I wanted to use only beta mons, but beta Bellossom was too cute to pass. It honestly saved me a bit, stalling some of those obnoxious Dragonites to death (I didn't have any ice moves, so that was bad). Slot 6 was a HM slave I didn't take with me.
I really loved this hack, I had the urge to play something with those good old SGB color palettes and it delivered. I did mess around with the hack a bit myself, reverting the type table, adding a custom player sprite and changing some colors, things like that.
Loved the story, only time I got stuck was
Spoiler:
Frostpoint town, not like the name would have been a hint or anything.

There is one bug I encountered on 7.0, probably related to the moving of the HP bars. Using a recovery item on a mon plays the animation on the mon below's bar until it's done:
jaxsmSK.gif

The flickering colors are just side effect of the gif recording.

Absolutely great hack that brought a lot of nostalgic feelings back.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
There is one bug I encountered on 7.0, probably related to the moving of the HP bars. Using a recovery item on a mon plays the animation on the mon below's bar until it's done:

Good catch! This will be fixed in v7.01 coming out this week!

Years
Hey! Loving the Hack, doing the Professor Oak's Challenge in it.
Quick Question if someone may know that: When does the Call from Fisherman Tully trigger, the Quilfish swarm one? I am pre Whitney and even with the "Daylight Savings" trick I do not seem to trigger the call. Is there any restriction on that?

Edit: Well seems that fisherman tully isnt calling you for quilfish. Would like to join the discord but the link is invalid unfortunatly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
Hey! Loving the Hack, doing the Professor Oak's Challenge in it.
Quick Question if someone may know that: When does the Call from Fisherman Tully trigger, the Quilfish swarm one? I am pre Whitney and even with the "Daylight Savings" trick I do not seem to trigger the call. Is there any restriction on that?

Edit: Well seems that fisherman tully isnt calling you for quilfish. Would like to join the discord but the link is invalid unfortunatly.

There are no Qwilfish swarms. Eevee on Route 106 is the only swarm. Qwilfish can be fished for with the Super Rod, or found by Surfing only in the deepest part of the Deepwater Passage. The Discord link should work now, find these answers and all others by downloading the guide!

Gumbyx84

Underused Pokemon Project Ldr
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2023
I'm liking the hack but I can't seem to unlock the Pikachu minigame from the title screen. I'm pressing Left and B at the title screen and waiting until the music ends. Using Ver 7.05.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2021
I have managed to create a couple myself! Just adjusted a couple of the codes from the normal Pokemon Gold. Some of the other codes from Gold still work though, like the shiny code and the walk through walls. Bear in mind with the shiny code though, I think you cant run from them as it always says 'Can't escape!'. Roar always seems to fail too.

Money and master ball cheats in the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Wnat's the code for walkthrough walls?

Back