• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Favourite B&W Pokémon .

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
Years
  • Hey friends,

Everybody here are fans of Unova region and Unova pokémons. All of us loves unova pokémons for different reasons. Some people love them for their cuteness, some people love them for their powers etc. So, I want to know what's the favourite pokémon of yours in Pokémon Black and White.
    Please share your favourite pokémon with us.

My one is Zekrom. I love it for it's power.

Elekizer

Lover of Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I haven't fully seen or experienced every pokemon in Unova but I'd say mine as of now is my Serperior just 'cause it looks well superior. {XD}

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    OP knows what's good

zekrom.gif
    is best pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I think a lot of people share the feeling of not enjoying the Unova Pokemon at first and slowly starting to love them, that's how I feel. I recently played a Nuzlocke on my Pokemon Black copy and only one Pokemon I had from near the start of the game held his own through six gyms, the elite 4 and being the only Pokemon still standing battling Ghetsis. That was Darmanitan, we worked well with Samurott who is be far my favourite of the Unova Starters (even though he should be a water/fighting type) I've come to love the giant fire eyebrows monkey thing? That is Darmanitan.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • This generation is really one of my favorite (right after Gen 2). I can make a really big list of Pokemon I like from Gen 5, but my favorite of them all is Mienshao. I always use it. It's a fast Pokemon, good ability, great with a focus sash. I love his design too!

... But Sawsbuck is right behind, for the design.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's hard. I thought my favourite was Galvantula (I'm petrified of spiders so idgi either) then Herdier...

And now I don't know! I literally love all the Unova Pokémon. Even Garbodor is beautiful compared to that ugly barbaracle in gen 6.

Like I can honestly say that every Pokémon this generation they got right.

BUT I suppose I should give shoutouts to the coolest and most nostalgic of Unova Pokémon and I'll just say what they make me think of. So I suppose they're my favourites :)

Tepig (eminem)
    Oshawott (hikari)
    Snivy (trc)
    Emboar (Eminem)
    Victini (windy)
    Musharna (ras/vrai)
    Herdier (2011)
    Woobat (koromori)
    Pidove (art)
    Excadrill (battling)
    Audino (oppo)
    Sawk (Jake)
    Whimsicott (twilightblade)
    Petilil (syd)
    Scrafty (e4)
    Minccino (nick)
    Swanna (duck)
    Ducklett (swan)
    Reuniclus (gym)
    Emolga (Kaori)
    Amoongus (nu)
    Alomomola (nu)
    Jellicent (profile)
    Litwick (Kaori)
    Axew (speculation)
    Stunfisk (kip)
    Golurk (nu)
    Braviary (livewire)
    Volcarona (toujours)
    Thundurus (competitive)
    Reshiram (syd)
    Zekrom (black and white)

So I guess from that battling with a lot of these Pokémon competitively has helped because it made me connected to them. That and the people that helped bring those Pokémon to my mind. I may not directly always associate them with that Pokémon but they made a difference enough that they're special to me.

Go Unova! I have way too many favourites...

(32 apparently...)

Years
  • Victini and Zorua, I loved the side-event to get Victini it's something we don't really see in Pokemon games nowadays as we're often restricted to the main land mass of the region.

And well Zorua is in my top three favorite Pokemon, it's design and ability are so cool xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Victini and Zorua, I loved the side-event to get Victini it's something we don't really see in Pokemon games nowadays as we're often restricted to the main land mass of the region.

And well Zorua is in my top three favorite Pokemon, it's design and ability are so cool xD
    I think that's why a lot of people love Victini - it opened up a whole new part of Unova to explore. Unlike the other events in other games you had a reason to get Victini. Even if you didn't want it, you wanted to explore the small island and see what it offered. I actually think a lot less people would like Victini if it was given the normal event treatment, they'd have no reason to care about it. Whereas pretty much everyone that brought BW early on has an experience with Victini, which is awesome.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Well please excuse me for liking the OP stuff but Excadrill and Haxorous are definitely like my top faves of this generation for a couple of reasons:

1) Both look cool as heck. They ain't messing around when they have their game faces on.
    2) In Haxorous' case, its face is basically an AXE! if Haxorous was on Mortal Kombat, it be god tier
    3) Excadrill, well obviously. Being on the banlist for being very very OP in this gen.

4) Even if i didn't know how stupidly powerful both Mons are, I'd still consider them to be my faves because they look so dang cool. Basically the monsters I'm glad to be hanging around with. And Both mons in their respective titles are my two primary hard carries since they easily cover up the Non-Serperior starters' lack of Speed.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    A lof of my favorites come out of this Generation. I think Axew and Chandelure may be my favorites but I like Volcarona and Archeops a whole lot too.

Whether you like Gen 5 or not I think you have to respect the ghost Pokemon they introduced. They're all so uniqe and really different than any other Pokemon out there. Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Chandelure, Golurk. Fantastic designs.

Back