• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Forgotten cartoons

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Basically, are there any cartoons you guys know about, but barely anyone else seem to remember? Or cartoons you thought was some randome thing you did, only to soon find out it was an animated TV series? Can be any kind of cartoon, and anyone here who doesn't watch cartoons can feel free to mention a forgotten TV show in general.

I remember on my local kids channel (not any of the main cable channels but on my country's channel on tv) back when I was younger, after my favourite childhood cartoon, american dragon, finished its timeslot after that would be another show called 'Legend of the dragon'. I mean it must have made sense to air 2 shows with dragon in the title back to back. After a long while I figured that this Legend of the dragon cartoon was just a fever dream because I never heard anyone talking about it, and then recently curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up and it actually exists.

And also that said, American dragon should be mentioned here too. It's my favourite childhood show as a kid, but I barely hear anyone talk about it these days, and most people who do just say its ok or its ok but the 2nd season was meh (which is sorta true but I just enjoy the first season for what it was)

So what are some cartoons you guys feel are forgotten, barely mentioned, or just extremely obscure? Feel free to share!

Last edited by a moderator:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I've had a backwards sleep schedule since I was young and used to literally turn on Cartoon Network after Adult Swim ended, so I could probably think of a bunch. The first ones that come to mind are...
    *Hero 108 (I freakin' loved this one for some reason)
    *Gormiti
    *Chaotic

...I would've said Bakugan was forgotten, but apparently they're bringing it back. Whattaya know!

OMG yesss

Years
  • Cartoon Networks and Ultra TV Channels that we had a lot of cartoons there, also includes Super RTL channels that had so many cool cartoons and Disney titles before Disney Channel entered in Germany there.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Hey, does anyone else remember 64 Zoo Lane?...I watched it when I was in single-digits, and the theme song still gets stuck in my head sometimes.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I barely remember what it was about but I used to love Code Lyoko

To anyone missing this show, I give you all 95 Episodes, the two Episode prequel(recommended for new viewers. Why they didn't start with that to begin with I'll never know), Show's music album(yeah how many shows have that?) and the show's catchy as hell theme song: Code Lyoko English Channel Just peruse the channel's videos. Start with Xana Awakens prequel for those new to it.

As for the show, I pretty much watched it in it's entirety multiple times. Show centers around 5 Protagonists, four of whom(Jeremy, Ulrich, Yumi and Odd(yes Odd lol)) attend a private school in the suburbs of Paris, France. The school, while fictional in terms of name, does indeed actually exist along with the Abandoned Factory back when the show was made(totally surreal). The fifth protagonist in Aelita is the one I deem to be the keystone member or the one that the entire show is centered around. She exists on a virtual world of Lyoko where a maniacal and self-aware Computer Program Xana exists. The virtual world is housed on a Super Computer located in the basement of an Abandoned Factory and the Computer Program is able to cause havoc in the real world, forcing the other four kids to go to the Abandoned Factory where three of them are teleported(aka Virtualized) into Lyoko. There they battle the Computer Program's minions and in a repetitive fashion in Season 1, end the attack before it causes irreparable harm.

At the end of Season 1, Aelita is brought into the real world but is forced to go back. At the beginning of Season 2, Aelita is brought back permanently and they continue to battle the Antagonist until the end of the show where they finally destroy it. Not really a spoiler but a foregone conclusion if the show was to end. They rebooted the series back in 2012 but I don't speak of it for several reasons, not the least of which is that it was in French only.

As for forgotten cartoons... let's start with the following:

Heathcliff
    Woody the Woodpecker
    Scooby Doo <- not really on TV anymore(although I hear they're doing a reboot. Talking the old school original)
    Flintstones(eh that show wasn't bad)
    Johnny Quest(my mother's favorite)
    Popeye
    Ducktales(not the reboot but the 80's Classic)
    Chip&Dale Rescue Rangers(80's Classic)
    Tail Spin
    Darkwing Duck(Lets get Dangerous meme lol)
    Goof Troop
    Tiny Toon adventures
    Animaniacs
    Pinky and the Brain

And I could go on....

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! was and will probably always be a guilty pleasure of mine because it wasn't really that great of a show but I really enjoyed it anyways. :')

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Invader Zim, which was the best Nicktoon of the early 2000's in my opinion (okay, maybe just the first season).

Kolar™

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Ah, my answer is a bit odd. So posting it in a spoiler

Spoiler:

It was the best, i could, remember.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I remember Freakazoid being a rather obscure cartoon. I think now it was a cult following though?

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    camp lazlo. i barely remember anything about it but i think ive seen a lot of it? cannot tell you how good it is though haha

Back