• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile What's Your Local Area Like?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you live in an area with lots of stops, gyms, maybe even EX Raid gyms? Tell us all about what your part of the world is like!

Years
  • Some blocks away from my house we have a generous set of stops, though I've only been there once recently. Several gyms as well that I also don't participate in at all. My local PoGo Discord community has a lot of people chatting in it so there's that! We had way more of a community for the game here than I thought. @_@

ムンナ

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    I live on a pokestop and near a park that has 100+ players on community days. Its quite easy to get raid groups and bump into players when hunting pokemon solo.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    We have about 13 gyms walking distance from my house, none are ex gyms. Also about 25 pokestops, almost all are about 10 mins walking distance apart.

Miss K

Nomad
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2019
    It is more difficult where i am. I only live a couple blocks from a gym. (Idk what ex gyms are) and the nearest 1 pokestop is lik 4 blocks. I have to go downtown if I want anything more lol. I still haven't ever battled at a gym or raided because I dont have any groups and the gyms are mostly at churches and they dont like when you just loiter in their lots... Even the one down the street Im too scared to sit there long enough to battle lol

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Almost nothing where I live there's no point in going out. The only time I can really catch much of anything or do any raids is by going into the next town and going to the college there and the surrounding area. Thus why I don't play very often.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2019
    I live walking distance from a city centre, so plenty of gyms & pokestops.

Only annoying thing is, if I want to defend a gym I have to go out super early in the morning. They're all full after about 9am :/

Years
  • I live in a town with literally zero Pokéstops and, of course, zéro Gyms. The closest Pokéstop is in the nearby city, about 15 km of distance. Even spawns are really rare I walk for real long distance to no avail.
    Luckily, I work in the center of the city so I have access to several Pokéstops and Gyms that I visit daily.
    Sadly, I often break the 7 days Pokéstop spining streak since I don't work on Sundays and I don't always go for the city on Sundays.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2020
    Hello guys,

I've moved from another city, but here doesn't have any pokestop or gym. I'm in level 34,so I can't ask a pokestop until 40. Anyone could ask a pokestop for me?
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    Hello guys,

I've moved from another city, but here doesn't have any pokestop or gym. I'm in level 34,so I can't ask a pokestop until 40. Anyone could ask a pokestop for me?
    Thanks!

Use a Location mocking/spamming app. It will work best if you belong in an area without any pokéstop(but dont use it too much otherwise the game would detect you changing your location frequently and would ban you). Recently my Area just got an update for the Pokéstops and Gyms. But the nearest is still 1 km away.(which is still good enough)

Edit: Do you even still play Pokémon Go even during this time of Pandemic?
    Or is it that your city doesnt have much Cases and less Lockdowns and can still have much activity going around in the streets. In my area, its prohibited to walk in the streets without a mask n everyone's pretty much afraid due to the increase in numbers of Infected people in my area.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi y'all I'm gonna move this thread to our new-ish Pokémon Mobile section real quick because it didn't exist when this topic was first made x

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • There are a few gyms and pokestops in my vicinity, but I don't care about this game too much to go to the places (plus Pokémon go stopped working on my phone for some reason). The main times I can go to gyms are when I go on vacation and sometimes in school (there's a gym and pokestop near my school)

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • I've got about 10 gyms, 3 ex raids, 50-75 stops, 5 clusters.
    10 people.
    So if there's a 4-5 star raid, nope

Litten111

Battle Master
    Years
  • For a pretty small town, my area has a lot of gyms and Poke Stops. Raids happen. But, they're pretty rare. (and, TOO powerful for me to join...)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • There are 2-3 Pokestops at the park/hospital nearby and another Pokestop near my work. I have to drive to more populated areas to find gyms, raids, and clustered Pokestops. Sometimes I drive around looking for new areas to explore, but the Pokestop ends up being this random building or store... not exactly somewhere I'd want to walk around by myself at. These days I get my Pokestop fix at Starbucks.

Years
  • where I am currently we have a nice variety! less than 5 mins away from like 5-10 stops in different directions :D as of recently a stop was approved in range of our flat too!

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
  • My area has wayyyy too many stops for how small it is, and water pokemon are so common youd think id have more froakie

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm lucky with working at the mall and I get a bunch of stuff along with Poke Stops.

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So I'm buying my first home in the next few weeks... when we went to view it I pulled up Pokemon Go and couldn't believe it...

There's a small green opposite, and the green is a gym... except for one thing. The gym has been miss placed and is actually bang on top of my new house 😂

TLDR; my house is a gym.

Back