• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music 2017 MTV VMAs

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • The 2017 MTV VMAs are happening tonight! Making a thread for us to discuss predictions, the night as it goes down, any performances, and the winners.

Nominees

Performances - including Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, Lorde, Shawn Mendes, Miley Cyrus (and TSwift MV release and maybe performance)

wewwwww who's keen!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • BEST ROCK VIDEO
    Coldplay – "A Head Full of Dreams" (Parlophone/Atlantic Records)
    Fall Out Boy – "Young And Menace" (Island)
    Twenty One Pilots – "Heavydirtysoul" (Fueled by Ramen/Atlantic Records)
    Green Day – "Bang Bang" (Warner Bros. Records)
    Foo Fighters – "Run" (RCA Records)

The fact that they even have a section for rock videos demonstrates that MTV does not have the slightest clue of what rock is. Rock is about the music, not the videos or success (although the latter is desirable, its not the purpose). It wasnt until MTV existed that hair bands existed and reduced the meaning of rock and metal from music to the look.

Not to mention, the first 3 on the list hardly qualify as rock. If they even do. And yes, I did listen to the songs before making this statement. Im not a fan of Foo Fighters or Green Day, but I listened to those songs (and video) and they were good. I would imagine that one of those 2 will win! At least I hope.

MTV does not have a great track record when it comes to awarding true rock and metal music. Freaking Beonce was nominated for the 2017 awards for best rock song. Disgusting. She is NOT a rock artist and I listened to that song and I dont think there was even a guitar, bass, or drums in it. Im not saying she isnt talented (she obviously has an amazing voice and dancing skills), but she is not a rock artist.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ok disclaimer I stopped watching after Lorde's performance bc I wasn't interested in any performances after that, some thoughts:

- omg Katy Perry is a mess of a host i love it
    - at first I was like wtf Lorde I want to hear you sing not just dance around the stage, as iconic as you are. but apparently she's got such a bad case of the flu that she needed an IV drip so she is excused
    - love you Shawn Mendes you are v pure but your performance is a bit of a mess
    - very kind of MTV to throw tswift a launch party for her music video, i c o n i c
    - the anti-Nazism speech was brilliant but lmao that transition from that speech to the best pop music video was...lol.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    lol @ fifth harmony blowing the camilla stand-in off the stage

Back