• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm sure kids would be able to differentiate Satoshi-kun and Red-san's Hairstyles. Put a different title, would be one way...Remember that episode in AG where the Satoshi-tachi "wached Movies" from that guy. We saw a homage to the Pocket Monsters Manga (the one with Pippi and full of slapstick) And people saw a different art style so we could see the difference. =/
    Also yeah PokeSpe is for all ages but it does incrementally develop complex plots. (I never thought that Pryce was like that because of that.) And I don't need to tell spoilers since you guys read it already and know how the Elite 4 is different. =P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    you guys are talking about this... now?

I was sick of the TV series since the Johto cycle, to tell you the truth!

It's just kind of sad how I can't tell of my ideas that I had in mind when I was a kid playing Gold version... they were pretty interesting, to say the least. :-/

Uugh..

I don't even like to think about Johto.. >__>;
    That was probably my least favorite season thus far.
    Although D/P is slowly tying with it.

(not that I really hate either one of them.. just.. ugh.)

I still say it would be more interesting if it did follow Kouki, instead of just Ash..

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • I really like the episodes where Ash and friends are still in it but it has another character's story in it. For example, there have been a few that are about Team Rocket but STILL have Ash and co. in it, which I really like. More Team Rocket stuff would be cool, but I'm pretty partial to them and I wouldn't want it to get overdone, so what if we explore Hunter J's, Delia Ketchum's, Giovanni's, etc.'s past some more? This would give Pokemon the perfect opportunity to keep Ash and Co in plenty but also make it less repetive. They have a goldmine of backstory they're not tapping into, and I don't get it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    If Ash goes, I go. I think that they should cut Team Rocket because Team Rocket waste time in each episode, Maybe it would be easier to train without them around. I like Brock still being there too, he's a loyal friend to Ash but he doesn't get enough screen time. Dawn gets far too much screen time, and she made contests boring! It's so dull watching her do the same thing time after time! I think in the next Region Ash travels to, there should definatly be some changes:
    1. Team Rocket either get happy or sad ending. Either way I'll be Happy.
    2. If they decide to cut Brock, leave him with a Nurse Joy! One who has been travelling the lands in search of a breeder to care for Pokemon together, or something to that accord :P
    3. Don't bring in a girl who is obviously not 10 years old and who isn't a Co-ordinator. Bring in a Trainer and they and Ash can battle the Gym leader in the same episode - It could be a double battle in each gym - hey, they don't even have to travel together to make it less repetitive and they can meet up every other episode.

I don't think this is about Ash's voice either, this is about the storyline of Ash Ketchum!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I almost agreed with BadWolf, but no.

1. What would be the episode's conflict?
    2. Why does he have to stay with Joy. He could just travel alone and care for pokémon.
    3. That's basically Johto with two people. :P

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • 3. Don't bring in a girl who is obviously not 10 years old and who isn't a Co-ordinator. Bring in a Trainer and they and Ash can battle the Gym leader in the same episode - It could be a double battle in each gym - hey, they don't even have to travel together to make it less repetitive and they can meet up every other episode.

Did you mean DON'T bring in a girl who is a coordinator? Otherwise it sounds contradictory. I didn't really agree with everything else you said but I think your last point is good: having a girl who's a trainer to do a whole bunch of double-gym-battles with Ash would be fresh and interesting. Maybe the guy with them, assuming there is one (Brock still?) would do contests bc they'd obviously have to stay in somehow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    2. Why does he have to stay with Joy. He could just travel alone and care for pokémon.

Brock needs some happiness in life, and it seems caring for Pokemon doesn't fufill that need.

Did you mean DON'T bring in a girl who is a coordinator? Otherwise it sounds contradictory. I didn't really agree with everything else you said but I think your last point is good: having a girl who's a trainer to do a whole bunch of double-gym-battles with Ash would be fresh and interesting. Maybe the guy with them, assuming there is one (Brock still?) would do contests bc they'd obviously have to stay in somehow.

You're right about my grammar error, and it would be great if the male was co-ordinator and female trainer! It would be so much more intresting.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    whoever makes the anime hasnt yet realised that mainstream pokemon isnt the only type.
    ranger is completely unique and so is mystery dungeon.
    Why dont they make three different series' altogether?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    1. What would be the episode's conflict?

Not all episode's need TRs conflict to make it interesting.... The only one I can specifically think of at the moment is "Smells like team spirit" where Paul has rejected Chimchar, it's about to go to Ash and...TR pop up, ruining the mood.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Not all but getting rid of them isn't smart. The rival, the regional villains, and CoTDs aren't going to cut it for 200+ episodes.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, I wasn't saying cut them completly, it's just some episodes they're thrown in to steal whatever and blasted off just so they appear. They don't need to be in every single episode, although in all DP contests they haven't tried to steal anything, from what I can rememeber

Years
  • I think they should make Ash beat the Sinnoh league and in the next pokemon series use a completely different main char, probably some years after ash defeated the league. But it's just my opinion

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Oh, I wasn't saying cut them completly, it's just some episodes they're thrown in to steal whatever and blasted off just so they appear. They don't need to be in every single episode, although in all DP contests they haven't tried to steal anything, from what I can rememeber

He was talking about getting rid of them completely.

@maxx unlimited: What do you propose then?

Years
  • Well....

He was talking about getting rid of them completely.

@maxx unlimited: What do you propose then?

If the studio's stick with the current batch, At least add more conflict with Hunter J's Caliber. That Ranger B episode got me all riled up... A bit rushed though =/ TR is just added too much and it's like morphine, you get used to it. =P I agree that there are a lot of COTD's to use insted of Satoshi-tachi. Chronicles was a relative success IMO. A fresh change from the monotonus Journey. >=O

Either more Chronicles or create a new series for a fresh start! (Preferably based off PokeSpe. >=D)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back