• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Bring Brock back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystelex

The Pokémon anime lost its charm back when Diamond and Pearl ended. The story and all the characters became so dull...
    After all these years, XY & Z brought back its once lost fame, but now that it has ended (in a sad way...), many of us fans aren't interested in watching any further... We've also watched the Sun and Moon trailer, and... Well, I wouldn't judge it by just watching its trailer.
    The thing is that the anime is going to lose its large fandom now... An old character, like Brock, can save it.

I hope you can show your support by signing [removed] petition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It's not going to happen, and no offense, a petition on an American website isn't going to help. Sorry. I highly doubt Brock is ever coming back. You can campaign as you wish, but that's reality.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree with above. Petitions like this never usually work since anime stuff is usually planned out a year in advance. I remember people who hated Serena's new design (the one with her current short hair) were trying to get the writers to bring back Serena's original design after the XY060 airing and that definitely did not succeed at all since she's still in that appearance for the rest of her time in the series.

Mystelex

Aw, c'mon people! It's not even out yet, haha
    Change.org almost never works, but it never hurts to try. :3

Years
  • Heya, that petition unfortunately asks for personal information like your full name and address which is something we don't condone here for member safety. Hopefully you understand why this is the case! I edited the link out. Feel free to keep discussing Brock's return in this thread, but if you plan to have a petition going please make sure no personal information is requested of anybody, even if it's optional. We don't want to have these things out there on the forum when younger members could be browsing.

Otherwise I'll have to agree with the above. ): Petitions have almost never worked, especially since the Pokémon anime staff often plan this months/years in advance. They're also centered in Japan so the likelihood of your petition (out of the very many other Pokémon ones) being seen are very low. Doesn't stop people from trying, but most of the time nothing comes out of it.

Guest123_x1

As much as many of us would like to see past traveling partners of Ash, including Brock, come back, rest assured that it's not going to happen. Besides, what with the new story about Ash going to school, who's to think something like that would happen in the first place?

Not only that, everybody should know that online petitions, as attractive as they may sound, no matter what their objectives are, don't do anything worth a darn 99.9999999% of the time. Often, objectives outlined in online petitions are nothing more than wishful thinking.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • An old character isn't going to save the anime. It is the same way with Misty.

The only reason people claim the show lost its charm after DP Saga is because they hated the fact that Unova was basically a reset. I know for a number of people, including me, Unova is what brought people back. As well as XY.

And honestly, I don't like Brock. The only reason people like him is because he is an original character and people can't or refuse to accept change. He was extremely annoying. His crap with females usually took up about 5 minutes of every episode with a girl. And the most part, it wasn't even funny like it is with other animes. It got old. It got annoying. And I really just don't want him back. Especially when in XY, everyone was about the same age. Ash was the adult and leader of the group. And even though that may change a bit in Sun and Moon, all of them will probably still be around the same age.

And I highly doubt 'a large number' of fandom is going to go below Unova level. In fact, it might pick up a larger amount of younger kids. People who get salty over one character is gone or because of a change in character and stops watching, is just an excuse to stop watching something and not truly a real fan of a show or game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I would like to see Brock as well as Misty, Gary, and Tracey get at least a guest appearance but it doesn't feel like it'll happen. Having Brock or Misty back would probably bring fans like us back but the actual target audience won't remember him.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    "Bring Brock back" that's what the first thing I what to happen in the anime but there isn't any hope for it :( he was one of the best companions of ash and will be forever. I couldn't even bear Cilan in place of Brock. That was one of the worst replacements they ever did. And clemont isn't also as good as Brock. Brock was original and the very best, no one can take his place but the writers don't understand it

Mystelex

People say that he has no reason to return... What if he's one of Ash's teachers in Sun and Moon? Ash is gonna get schooled, right?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • I think it's far higher a priority for the anime to gain new fans rather than win old fans back. It's been, what, 7 years since Brock played a prominent role in a mainseries game, which doesn't make him relevant at all for attracting new audiences. Sure, his attributes can be taken on by other newer characters but I don't see any reason for him to come back apart from some fanservice.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    The show lost it's charm during the Diamond & Pearl anime , Brock lost his charm when Sinnoh started and a lot of people notice this during the DP anime. His character was becoming a trainwreck, and in other words Sinnoh made Brock a stale character.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • You guys are assuming that Ash/Satoshi is going to be travelling...

Sun and Moon Anime is set in a School (Where he needs to graduate) Ash/Satoshi will probably be there most of the time (With his classes taking him all over Alola).

So with that being said... And especially since the Battle Tree is advertising the return of older characters (Such as Cynthia and Gary/Shigeru)... and Sun and Moon Is 20th anniversary... Fan favorite characters 'are' (Hopefully) going to come back with Gary/Shigeru being the most likely.

Old characters Travelling with Ash/Satoshi probably not (since he is stuck at school)... them visiting him in Alola and making a brief appearance thought, that's more likely to happen.

I agree with Euphonium... American petitions tend to fall on deaf ears. you can only hope for them to come back.

Also guys give the Sun and Moon Anime a try when it comes out, don't just hate it or mark it as the death of the Pokemon Anime because of the new art direction... I personally dislike the Satoshi/Ash redesign (That's the only bad thing in the trailers. the animation quality looks great!) but I still want to see where they go with it... Remember keep an open mind so you don't taint it and ruin a show you might actually like.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    New characters help the show in my opinion. We all get attached to certain characters, and we dislike some. It means that the developers are doing a good job. The show wouldn't go anywhere if they kept bringing back old faces. I'm sure that after Misty left and then Brock people thought that there wouldn't be any characters as good as them, but obviously people love characters like Serena, so I wouldn't worry man, there's always at least one new loveable character.

Mystelex

Now that the games are gonna have the old characters, it's most likely we may get to see some old characters in the anime. To be honest, I think I'm gonna give it a chance. The animation quality may suck, but I'm sick of watching a repetitive plot over all these years. A school, now that's somethin' "different", eh?

But yeah, the anime started to suck after season 13 and once again became kinda good in XY & Z. Bringing Brock back would've saved it "if" he were gonna travel and try to beat the gym leaders and league in Sun and Moon.

Petitions don't work anyway and that was just something I wanted to give a shot at. All we can do is hope, people.

But yeah, I've been reading Adventures recently and it's better than the anime. No denying that. (Off-topic! :P)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Besides how Ash looks, the animation quality has looked great in the previews and trailers. I could see old characters returning because of the game and the franchise's anniversary, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I really hope Brock returns at some point. When I watched the first episode of the B/W series and realised Cilan replaced Brock I was really unhappy. I didn't watch the Pokémon anime much or even start with Red and Blue but Brock still had some unexplainable sentimental value to me and his character as a whole.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Now that the games are gonna have the old characters, it's most likely we may get to see some old characters in the anime. To be honest, I think I'm gonna give it a chance. The animation quality may suck, but I'm sick of watching a repetitive plot over all these years. A school, now that's somethin' "different", eh?

Animation quality? It looks fine... great even, it smooth and you can see just just how many frames they use per scene (That's why the scenes look weird when you pause them, the show is meant to move not to be a a bunch of slideshows.)

There's a difference between Art direction and Animation quality.

Take a show like Jojo's Bizarre adventure... It barely has any animation in it... But, the quality of the moving stills are so detailed and well drawn that you don't really care. Why do they do this? Because they want to be as close to the manga panels as much possible...

The same can be said for the style of Pokemon... The show is from the late 90's, they used traditional cell animation; which in essence makes the show more time consuming to make. (Why do you think Ash/Satoshi and the gang has stock pokeball throwing animation or Pokemon getting stock animation attacks. Or the speed lines... tons and tons of speed-lines...) The show has since evolve changing from traditional to digital and finally with XY... introduction of the 3d camera.

The reason of the art style change is because of the restrictive character design... since they look too 2d (With the characters getting a lot of sharp edges in their design) It's harder to animate them in new and exciting ways... the 3d camera helped the art team- as you can see the animation spike in XY episodes because they can focus more on the characters and not the background, they can show more detailed drawings.

Remember:
    Animation/Detail needs talented Animators.
    Talented animators need Time.
    Studios have a Deadline... Cutting on that important Time.

here's a video from the Canipa-effect explaining this in so much more detail.

Last edited:

Mystelex

Maybe it's just that I don't like them now, and will probably like them later.

My bad, yo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back