• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My hard drive died

Years
zFv4R4D.png

Thankfully not my main HDD or method of storage, but I did lose some data off of this.

Let this be a reminder to actually back up your data regularly please

Years
as soon as I saw this thread I knew I had to make another backup since my last one was in January

too paranoid of random data loss tbh

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I have friends who years ago gave me the following advice on HDD's: Trust Western Digital and don't look back. With regards to SSD's, Samsung has been doing solid in this arena for years now but so has WD.

Years
I have friends who years ago gave me the following advice on HDD's: Trust Western Digital and don't look back. With regards to SSD's, Samsung has been doing solid in this arena for years now but so has WD.
I had a bad experience with Western Digital almost a decade ago that made me kinda turn against them, unfortunately. However, if I ever do need to go the route of using an HDD, I'll be happy to consider them again.

Couldn't agree more with Samsung in regards to SSDs. The 850 EVO series has never failed me in the almost three years I have been using their drives.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I had a bad experience with Western Digital almost a decade ago that made me kinda turn against them, unfortunately. However, if I ever do need to go the route of using an HDD, I'll be happy to consider them again.

Couldn't agree more with Samsung in regards to SSDs. The 850 EVO series has never failed me in the almost three years I have been using their drives.

Then you must have had a rare occurrence. My father swears by them, as do my friends who've built Computers before as you want reliability and they're the best in the Industry in this particular aspect. Seeing as Windows 7 is going to be losing its support next year, I've been looking at Computer components to build a new Computer and while WD is more expensive than say Seagate or other HD manufacturers, you get what you pay for as they say.

S-MAN

Banned
Years
I had one die on me around the same time yours did- although it still is technically alive- just a couple hours probably left in it now to backup some more things before it completely plops out.. Get yourself a nice $20-40 SSD :-) I am loving mine.
Fun fact: I still have a HDD from 20 years ago that still works. I am so glad these new SSD's are so cheap now.. They also feel cheap in my hands but who cares?

Back