• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Lillie a disappointment?

Years
oh man... didn't know anime Lillie cause such a rukus around here... o_o''

Either way, I think she gonna be okay as a character.

Most of the pokegirls always seem to be focus on something more than a pokemon trainer anyways.

Years
Getting over a fear is not really development. It was a choice. Sorry but lillie has not developed in my eyes and has been a liability to ash's group in my opinion.

Getting over her fear was her choice but making that choice and trying to achieve it ( may be only 4 times till now but still) is the development of the character.
Whether u like a character or not is total upon you and is your right but you should at least acknowledge her development.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
The only development lillie got was developing into a bad character in my opinion. I am not giving her any chances.

And no, May had better development than lillie ever had. May is superior in every way.

May had no business becoming a Pokemon trainer in the first place, especially since she hated Pokemon.

Lillie is a little more better then May. Because she only had the fear of Pokemon, but when her egg hatch into an Alola Vulpix she gotten over her fears of Pokemon and now she is a Pokemon trainer. If that's not good character development, then i don't know what to say.

I see Alexander18 is banned once again.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I see Alexander18 is banned once again.

Whelp some people are just disrespectful, only think he is right, and all, I hope the ban last seriously.

On the other side, I believe anime-Lillie is overly passive because it'll cause a larger stir to her down the road in the anime, the difference would be much more vast and have the contrast to it when she has to play her role when Lusamine (And the foundation and Team Skull) starts their saga.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Whelp some people are just disrespectful, only think he is right, and all, I hope the ban last seriously.

On the other side, I believe anime-Lillie is overly passive because it'll cause a larger stir to her down the road in the anime, the difference would be much more vast and have the contrast to it when she has to play her role when Lusamine (And the foundation and Team Skull) starts their saga.

You right. Hopefully the banned will last a little longer this time around.

On topic.

Lillie will get a lot of character development since she is going to play a very important role when her mother finally appear, there is also the ( Foundation and more Team Skull members ) that will be appearing during the Alola series.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
As said above, Lillie's character development is on the slow burn because when her arc comes around she is going to surpass the other side characters imo. In the end it always nearly evens out bar some exceptions with companions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
With the recent reveal of a anime poster, it looks like Lillie's part in the anime is about to become similar to the games. Possibly anyway.

Years
Due to the debut of Lusamine it is clear that there will be a lot happening with Lillie. Surely will be a good development for her.
So instead of arguing on the disapointment I think we should discuss about her next pokemon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
With the recent reveal of a anime poster, it looks like Lillie's part in the anime is about to become similar to the games. Possibly anyway.

I'm cautiously optimistic, because Ash is the one who finds and make a promise to look after Cosmog.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Well, she's probably going to get development soon. And either way, even before now, she was still ultimately better than May.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'm cautiously optimistic, because Ash is the one who finds and make a promise to look after Cosmog.

Yeah I only noticed this after I had posted because I didn't see the video yet. However, it seems like Lillie will still play a big role in the anime with her being right next to Ash on the new poster.

It may just be that poster, but I don't usually recall them having a poster unless something big is about to start or something is goign to be revealed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
Lillie is going to be getting a whole lot of character development now that Lusamine is making her anime debut, and there is also three more new characters making their anime debuts Wicke, Professor Burnet, and Faba. It look like SM anime has gotten a little bit more better.

The poster on Serebii shown Lillie next to Ash playing a bigger part in the anime like the games a little bit.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 8, 2017
Serena had development since episode 1, tf you talking about? Lillie also had ample development so far that's actually going to hit inferno overdrive soon. I see no reason to compare either of them as their stories and actual character flaws are different.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well the premise of this topic was whether she was a disappointment through say 41 Episodes(forget when PRB12 posted his video). Needless to say Lillie has ample time to turn things around and Episode 44 was a prime example of that. If they keep that type of personality and backbone(clearly Lillie has mother issues), Lillie is going to rocket up the favoribility meter and might carry the series with her.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I loved Lillie's reactions in the recent episode. I hope she shows more personality in the next episodes too

Last edited:
Back