• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Am I the only one utterly in love with Ghetsis?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2018
    Seriously. I love Ghetsis. He's handsome, intelligent, probably rich, probably is a good kisser, maybe even good at more intimate acts… 😉 You see, I love Ghetsis so much… that if he was real… I'd go Yandere for my beloved Ghetsis. Does anyone else feel this way?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Aren't you already playing some kind of yandere character, anyway? I mean: you're pretty much beating up every grunt who could be close to him. What's stopping you from going even further?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    given that there's 7 billion motherfuckers on this planet

I doubt you're the only one

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Tbh I think Cynthia is secretly in love with Ghetsis (despite Charles being her perfect match) but you enjoy it. N is usually the loved one though...

Years
  • Ghetsis is the one team villain / team leader I feel was actually pretty evil. Like way beyond evil. Team Rocket was run of the mill, team aqua and magma were just over their heads, galactic, eh, but gen 5's Plasma was really top notch. It's a shame how good it was for me yet I see the most hate for gen 5.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I actually think he's attractive in a Guzma kinda of way...

Days
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Seriously. I love Ghetsis. He's handsome, intelligent, probably rich, probably is a good kisser, maybe even good at more intimate acts… 😉 You see, I love Ghetsis so much… that if he was real… I'd go Yandere for my beloved Ghetsis. Does anyone else feel this way?
    Being completely honest, ever since I was much much younger, I've always had powerful feelings of fondness and love for Ghetsis. It was more than just a crush to me... I was and still am in love with Ghetsis for countless years. It was like love at first sight for me. I cried over his tragic story, and know that I would rather die than see him with someone else. See, I was bullied a lot when I was younger and Ghetsis's motive to shape Unova while destroying people in the process of it really spoke to me. I had no one back then, it became to the point where Ghetsis was one of the only person that made me happy. We both shared that bitter rage. I never will love any fictional man besides Ghetsis. I even see him in my dreams once in a while. I can see why you love him so much...

Years
  • I like Ghetsis as a villainous character.

I empathize more with N, and have reason to think that he is an autistic savant, whose special skill is being able to talk to Pokemon. Autism would explain why he empathizes with Pokemon and considers them his friends, and was also easily manipulated by Ghetsis.

I am on the spectrum myself, and it's been suspected that Satoshi Tajiri also is. He loved bug collecting and video games as a boy, to the point where his friends nicknamed him "Dr. Bug".

Days
  • I feel like the reason Ghestis works well as a villain is because not only is he incredibly striking from a design standpoint compared to the other evil team leaders (that cloak, yeowzas!), he also raises the bar by being a genuine threat to Unova.

From giant warmongering castles to, uhh, giant warmongering ships, he's got an arsenal, too. With a platoon of trained goons to follow his every whim to boot as well. His presence in both BW and B2W2 is always hinted at in some way, shape, or form to add, making him constantly loom over the player's goals. He's always present, whether you know it or not, and the game makes sure that this is clear.

Last but not least, he attempted to utilize his OWN SON in HIS PLOT to dominate the world, to corrupt him into a spitting image of himself through distorting his naive ideals on the world. He's a manipulative, cunning warlord who knows how to bend and shape the dreams of the populus to his ideas.

And we love him and his story for it.

Back