• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When typing lol/lmao/rofl/etc, do you actually laugh?

Years
  • interesting thing to discuss
    Are you the type of person who only types lol, lmao, etc when you actually find something funny and laugh, or do you not actually laugh??

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Sometimes....yeah. But I type lol, lmfao out of complete habit, tbh, so sometimes I don't even realized I typed out "lol" into my sentences. <_<

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I often say it ironically, so no, when used in reference to myself. But when it's not, it's usually because a genuine chuckle was earned.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I use it pretty liberally I guess, I'll tack it on to anything from just making me smile to actually laughing out loud, or if I just know what they were saying was meant to be funny. I guess the main distinction is if I type it in all caps like LOL or LMAO then that usually means I actually laughed.

Trainer 766

I often use it as a mean to end conversations lol

Bay

Years
  • I usually type lol if I found something amusing but not laugh out loud, or sometimes a small chuckle from me. When I do laugh outloud, I tend to type "hahaha", "pffft" or "loool"

Years
  • me-typing-lol-imao-hahaha-lmfao-rofl-me-reality-26254765.png

no one does that lets be honest
    no. when i actually laugh i type HAHAHAHA. never lol or lmao or rofl. i use it though when i'm implying a joke or something.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I use LOL way too often and it probably genuinely means I'm somewhere from smiling to actually laughing

"lol" on the other hand, might mean laughing on the inside or a slight chuckle or something idk

Back