• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Actor or Director

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If you were in a movie, would you prefer to be the actor or the person behind the camera? Would you prefer to be the character or the one who creates it? I suppose you could also choose to be a confident bastard and be both, but good luck on that one. In short, which position do you think you would be able to utilise best?

Last edited:
    Years
  • For years as a kid I wanted to be an actor, I was in the theater several times and was a part of a drama group for like 5/6 years, so I would definitely want to be an actor, it's really good fun!

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Director for me personally. I've never really liked being the centre of attention. Off the top of my head I can name five actresses and actors:

1) Johnny Depp
    2) Daniel Radcliffe
    3) Ryan Reynolds
    4) Ewan McGregor
    5) Orlando Bloom
    6) Natalie Portman
    7) Cameron Diaz
    8) Emma Watson
    9) Jennifer Aniston
    10) Kiera Knightley

I can't say the same for directors. Peter Jackman, James Cameron and Zack Snyder? After that I start to struggle, even more so for female directors (are there any female directors in the industry?). Yes, I would like my work to be noticed, but rather my work and not me, would prefer to stay out the limelight and just be known for my work.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm probably too lacking in confidence to act, or to tell anyone how to act as a director. That said...writer / actor can be a sweet deal. Off the top of my head I think of Adam Sandler as one example of someone who constantly writes movies where he romances girls who would be way out of his league on looks / character's personality alone, perhaps even in real life.

Back