• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipping

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
  • This is a general shipping thread, for all forms of Pok?mon media. Feel free to discuss any shipping related topic, including: ships you support, your opinions on shipping within the franchise, evidence for ships, ect.

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but just in case, please do remember to be polite when sharing opinions and such.

I'll post a little later, it would feel weird going on a tangent in the intro post, haha.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hqdefault.jpg

Wailord and everything

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    This really didn't exist yet?
    I'm actually surprised by that.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I'm going to point out how cute shiny espeon and Umbreon look together.
    Also Sylveon and Glaceon, Vaporeon and Leafeon, Espeon and pikachu, and Suicune with Mighyena.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • because shipping discussions are typically only discussed insofar as the pokemon anime is concerned, where it's more relevant.

Shipping in Pok?mon does extend beyond the anime, however. There are the games and the manga, on top of just shipping certain species together. It's nice to have a place to talk about those as well.

As for me...

Gladion x Moon/Selene: This ship is my favourite of the 7th gen, hands down, and ranks highly among my list overall. I can see this developing after the events of SM, with Gladion becoming more friendly and open towards Selene.

Lillie x Sun/Elio or Hau: If the MC is Elio, then I ship him with Lillie. If Selene is the protagonist, than I ship her with Hau. There's so many cute moments between the MC and Lillie, and we get to travel alongside her and watch her character develop. Plus, both the "trapped in the rain" and champion festival scene are so freaking shippy...

Barry x Dawn: Twinleafshipping was my favourite for the longest time, and I'm still quite the fan. I've always pictured Dawn as being more logical, which balances Barry's "GOTTAGOFAST" personality. Plus, I do tend to like childhood friend ships.

Gold/Ethan x Crystal: My supporting this ship came from the manga, and I picture both characters with similar personalities as they do in Adventures. Gold is the brave one that charges into situations while Crystal prefers to think things through and takes life more seriously. I really enjoy this type of pairing.

Silver x Lyra: The bad boy with the sweet girl. I liked Silver's expanded scenes in HGSS and found he and the MC had plenty of chemistry. Plus, it works nicely alongside Gold x Crystal.

Red x Blue or Leaf: I like both options with Red.

Wally x May or Brendan: See above, though I lean a bit more to the same-sex option here.

May x Brendan: I ship this too, Rival!Brendan has some pretty shipping Nav lines...

Hilda x Cheren: With Hilbert not really having a role in the story, my not getting into the BW manga, and believing N to not be ready for a relationship, this was the logical ship for me. Plus, I kinda see this dynamic as similar to that in Gold x Crystal, but gender reversed.

Nate x Nancy/Yancy: I just find this so adorable, and enjoy the story behind their relationship.

Hugh x Rosa: Childhood friend ship, opposing personalities, and plenty of on-screen moments together. I can see this happening as Hugh starts moving past his burning hatred for Plasma.

Kate x Keith: This ship from Shadows of Almia is another one of my all time favs. They have so much on screen time together, and their rescuing scenes are priceless.

Wes x Rui: Pretty self-explanatory, really.

Aaaand I'm missing some. I'll list the Pok?mon ships later cx

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • Bias-alert.
    Spoiler:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I ship Mudkip and Porygon-Z.

There are a few other ships I like, such as Silver/Lyra, and Lillie/MC.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I don't tend to ship Pokemon with other Pokemon as all Pokemon are different and so on. I know I have seen much art of my favourite Pokemon Lilligant being shipped with Simisage or Leavanny.

I however have the following ships:

Delia x Professor Oak - I have not watched the anime for some time but recall Delia and Oak spending a lot of time together including eating, watching sport and even on holiday.

Sidney x Gardenia - Both have unconventional styles and Sidney owns two Grass Type Pokemon (Shiftry and Cacturne). Also Gardenia obtains a Cacnea in the anime.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • The only ships I support are Misty and Ash, and Lillie and my male Sun Version character. However, I will admit that Serena clearly has feelings for Ash.

UkiTheMaid

Robot Maid
    Years
  • OK, we are talking shipping, a subject I am very well versed in! Well, OK, not so much in the Pok?mon verse, but I have my small share of ships (two to be exact if you don't count me shipping myself with Lusamine and they are both really silly and random so bear with me):

Erika / Surge: Now, before you turn away and leave, just hear me out! I know this ship comes out of nowhere, and I got no evidence to back it up (and also in one of the Pok?mon mangas Surge is actually a Team Rocket full on jerk while Erika pretty much despises Team Rocket, but shhhhh!!!!), I think a dynamic between them, specially considering their anime personalities mixed with their in game ones, would be MAGICAL.

Imagine, if you will, sweet, delicate Erika, with her garden of grass Pok?mon, drinking tea with her girls, and just generally being a classy, soft lady, but we all know that even though she's soft, she takes no bull from anyone. And anyone includes her loudmouth and kinda jerkish boyfriend Surge, who's main passtime is crushing newbie trainers with his Raichu, and then laughing.

Erika keeps telling him he needs a better hobby than sending kids' pets straight to the Pokemon Center. Surge disagrees. Says that builds character. what if another war comes up? We can't depend on spineless youngsters! They need a "reality shock" and he laughs at his own pun, Erika just rolls her eyes while sipping on her tea. Also the idea of Surge using Erika for bench presses is really important to me, so just let me have that, OK?

Blackbelt Frank (Go) / Psychic Sly (Mirai): You know the ones I'm talking about. The cute as heckie Brains & Brawn team you fight on route 11 in Kalos. Honestly, their exchanges are simply the cutest, and honestly, if they are not dating, no one else in the Pok?mon canon is.

The way Mirai is just "No, it's fine, it's gonna be ok!" with Go after they lose is just the most precious, and honestly, it made me wish the side trainers you fight were a little more developed than just a few lines. I want to know what brought these two together! I wanna know more about this overtly emotional blackbelt and his serious but supportive psychic friend! I want to see they go on dates along with their pok?s! I want Mirai to read Go's mind, even if it freaks Go out a little!

C'mon Game Freak, don't be a coward and give us what we want: very gay teams!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I'm gonna be bland and say that I've always shipped Red x Blue. I like to think they are happily married in SM, hah.

As far as pokemon pairings go....I'd say Mewtwo x Deoxys. Deoxys swoons Mewtwo by taking him on a trip to the stars~?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've never been able to choose between shipping Red x Misty or Red x Yellow in Pok?Spe ^^ Both are semi-canon haha. Just look at this:

Spoiler:

I also kind of want to ship Ash x Dawn in the anime, because I think those two were just the best travel mates out of all the girls he's traveled and trained with. But I also think they seemed like great best friends, in a more bro way, so while I don't quite buy into the Ash x Serena forced mess, and while May irritated me after some time, I always had a soft spot for the awesome Ash x Misty interactions and I could let Dawn just be his friend in favor of Misty, I think ^^

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • My main one is Volkner/Flint tbh haha. iirc Flint goes to Sunyshore to check up on Volkner and try and get him out of his low mood. They're seen together a lot and I think you battle them together??? or one after the other in Platinum?? can't remember. There's Volkner having Jolteon and Electivire and Flint having Flareon and Magmortar. v cute couple team.

Back