• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Top posters in sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    I think this would strive users to be more active in sections. Just an idea (I got loads of them obviously) this is all localhost by the way if any questions arise to the screenshot ;)

Attachments

• Top posters in sections
      2020-11-23_21-29-39.png
      17.9 KB · Views: 33

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    I've never noticed the trophy button lol, can you screenshot it? My implementation is a bit different, it shows in the forumdisplay page on the forum title but I like the scoreboard too =)

*edit* I see you are a mod =P you see things I don't lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    That's so cool, but is there a way to view those pages outside of being a moderator 😕

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    That's so cool, but is there a way to view those pages outside of being a moderator 😕
    enter the forumid of the forum you wish to see the stats for ;) I wont re post the link though since it was hidden.
    scratch that, they already edit the page to not be visible lol

it's funny a change like that was done almost instantly yet the bug I found, or none of my suggestions have any replies from staff that have the ability to do something. Whether you like an idea I suggest or not I'd still like some sort of responce.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    enter the forumid of the forum you wish to see the stats for ;) I wont re post the link though since it was hidden.

it's funny a change like that was done almost instantly yet the bug I found, or none of my suggestions have any replies from staff that have the ability to do something. Whether you like an idea I suggest or not I'd still like some sort of responce.
    Hi! We've already considered implementing something like that in the future :) The link you were given has a few issues though, so we've disabled it for the time being.

Years
    • Seen today

Unfortunate. There was also a link on the staff forum which displayed a bar graph, and it showed your entire posting activity. So you could see where you declined and peaked. Not sure if that link still exists somewhere, or again if it's just a moderator thing.

I'm curious about what kind of issues the link had, since it just seemed like a simple top 10 list. Unless it was just outdated or something.

I hope it gets re-implemented some day. I've posted in Off-Topic a lot, over the last 3 years, so I was looking forward to seeing if I was on it all. (Kind of doubtful but would have been neat).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Unfortunate. There was also a link on the staff forum which displayed a bar graph, and it showed your entire posting activity. So you could see where you declined and peaked. Not sure if that link still exists somewhere, or again if it's just a moderator thing.
    That's always been a staff-only thing

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    that sparks my interest, i wanna see this stuff lol
    It's not as interesting as it might sound, but here's a screenshot of part of mine:

Spoiler:

Though it used to have a background image, which iirc was Hank Hill on his knees in front of a statue of a naked Kim Jong Un (I'm pretty sure this is one of those things Audy did while high)

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    well being a vbulletin developer any custom mods spark my interest lol, I like the principle of this, but the implementation is horrible, kinda confusing tbh but what I gather is its showing you animated stars based on which month you were most active.

Years
  • A former administrator/developer liked to create vBulletin modifications/plugins on a whim, such as the forum scoreboard mentioned earlier in this thread as well as the personal post stats that Nah mentioned. The thing is, though, most of these weren't really intended for public use. A lot of these minor modifications no longer function properly. Most will be dropped as we continue to transition away vBulletin.

I know this has been mentioned by Xorn, but we're not really looking to add or edit any plugins at this time. We appreciate the feedback, though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back