• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gays and gayettes and transgenders

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
when did you come out, if you have done so/believe in that kinda thing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Can you be gay and not believe in coming out?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
About being trans? ....Recently, but very lowkey and subtly by using masculine words & correcting people when they refer to me with feminine ones.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I came out of my mom's womb and was immediately gay at birth.

(I've had multiple 'coming outs' to many people during ages 14-18)

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
i came out as trans to my friends (and subsequently my entire high school) several years ago in during the summer before my sophomore year of high school. things went smoothly (i went to an arts school okay). i came out as trans to my mom that same summer and she denied it for several years before finally actually listening to me and doing research and being as supportive as she could. my dad still denies it and has told me he'll never see me as a man. what can you do i guess lol. in terms of recent employers and the public in general... i'm not out. i keep it a secret as best as i can. i'm severely afraid of ridicule and getting myself hurt so.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I'm not gay, but I can imagine it as a scenario.

My family wouldn't give a shit, but it would lead to bullying at my school for sure. I would end up being closeted.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I came out as gay when I was 15, with the help of my then boyfriend. Growing up, I didn't see anything wrong with being attracted to other guys. It wasn't until I was in high school that people started talking about guys "coming out of the closet" and stuff (I had a very sheltered upbringing), and my boyfriend said it was a good thing to do. So we told people in our schools that we were gay and then we told our parents. It just made us more popular, actually...

I don't really see the use in coming out in some big announcement. I think it's more interesting to just kind of insert it into a typical conversation, like when people are discussing who they think are hot. That's how I let people I know I'm gay as an adult, anyway.

I suppose for trans people, you really do have to make an announcement about it at some point in your lives if you plan on transitioning, eh?

Last edited:
Back