• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Disenchantment.

Years
So there's this new animated series released on the 17th called Disenchantment. It's the same creator as The Simpsons.

disenchantment5jpg-953d4edf850a98c0.jpg

It will be on Netflix. 10 episodes around 25 mins long. Here's where to find a trailer: https://www.netflix.com/title/80095697

Is anybody going to give this a watch?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If I had Netflix, I'd give it a go. You forget he's also responsible for Futurama and that's considered one of the best Animated series in the last 20 years. To be frank, I'm kind of ashamed I forgot about Futurama in my top 10 list(easily top 5 when I think about it).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm definitely going to give it a watch - I've never been a fan of The Simpsons but this looks like it could be good.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
UPDATE: So I watched the first three episodes on Netflix last night. It's not that great unfortunately. It is a shame, because I absolutely love the characters. There is just no real plot at the moment... I heard that the last few episodes of the season are good, so I am going to finish up the season and see!

Years
I have seen 5 episodes now and I really like it. It's not on the same level as Classic Simpsons but still good.

I've heard bad things, and a few of the trailers were a little cringy...but I'm still going to give it a shot. Hopefully it's good!
Cringy how? Did you give it a go?

i just started watching it on netflix. it seems really funny so far!
Did you finish the first ten?

UPDATE: So I watched the first three episodes on Netflix last night. It's not that great unfortunately. It is a shame, because I absolutely love the characters. There is just no real plot at the moment... I heard that the last few episodes of the season are good, so I am going to finish up the season and see!
Did you finish? Did you change your mind?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I did finish and I must say it got better. This show definitely has potential. I'm looking forward to how they handle Season 2.

The last three episodes had some actually funny moments, whereas the first seven felt really dated and lacking. I'll give the second season a chance for that alone.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The Simpsons was good, Futurama was awesome, but Disenchantment felt rather lacking. I never laughed out loud, but there were some funny moments. Depends on your sense of humour. :b

I mean the best part is the intro. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The last three episodes had some actually funny moments, whereas the first seven felt really dated and lacking. I'll give the second season a chance for that alone.

The Simpsons was good, Futurama was awesome, but Disenchantment felt rather lacking. I never laughed out loud, but there were some funny moments. Depends on your sense of humour. :b

I mean the best part is the intro. xD

I agree with you both. The first half was not very good or laugh-out-loud funny. The last few episodes is where the plot kind of begins to establish and the finale was pretty good imo. Like I said before, I absolutely love the characters and hope that they are better utilized in Season 2!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
I agree with you both. The first half was not very good or laugh-out-loud funny. The last few episodes is where the plot kind of begins to establish and the finale was pretty good imo. Like I said before, I absolutely love the characters and hope that they are better utilized in Season 2!

I think the first half felt like modern Simpsons. The jokes weren't funny or clever but the writers still felt the need to both drag them out and also explain the joke. Luci is the only redeemable character at the start, ironically. The later episodes felt more like middle road Simpsons. Funny, not as clever or impactful as early Simpsons, but funny. I think the turning point is the giantess episode, that's the first time I've laughed in it or given any real care to either Bean or Elfo

Years
Hopefully part 2 of season 1 will improve things. Nice to know others have given it a chance. My brothers had different opinions on it.

Back