• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
You can get stuck in the Canyon if you have no pokemon with strength
WHbZ0zJ.png

What I usually do in that scenario is just death warp by fainting all of your pokes.

Of course if you're doing a nuzlocke or something that would sort of screw your run.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 27, 2019
I've found two bugs:
1. Hyper potion in forest rapids respawns everytime you leave the area.
2. You can go inside a wall in 2 tiles in bulba jungle
also, my slowpoke evolved into slowking on lv 16, completely skipping slowbro

Last edited:

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Slowpoke evolving directly into slow king is intended, though it works like Tyrogue and the first two Hitmonthings (Higher Attack or higher Defense for one or the other). It should be recorded at the main post somewhere in the spoilers.

PK_Brendan

uhHHh
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
So uHhhh, my Skiploom evolved into Jumpluff, and immediately afterward, it turned into a Bad Egg. Is that a known thing that happens here and there, or..?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
So uHhhh, my Skiploom evolved into Jumpluff, and immediately afterward, it turned into a Bad Egg. Is that a known thing that happens here and there, or..?

I hope not, I've personally never seen it, but there was one report of it happening to a staryu like maybe 2 weeks back so it's probably some fun new super rare game breaking bug : (
Were you near fortree by any chance? what were you fighting when it levelled up??

Last edited:

lak

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 1, 2018
The safety specs crash my game, along with the emulator.

PK_Brendan

uhHHh
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 2, 2018
I hope not, I've personally never seen it, but there was one report of it happening to a staryu like maybe 2 weeks back so it's probably some fun new super rare game breaking bug : (
Were you near fortree by any chance? what were you fighting when it levelled up??

I was in the route to the south of Fallarbor. Not quite sure what it evolved after fighting, but it's something that appears on that route.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
I was in the route to the south of Fallarbor. Not quite sure what it evolved after fighting, but it's something that appears on that route.

I think I've found the connection, was it fighting a Lombre?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 11, 2020
Just started playing this game and it's quickly become my favorite romhack to date, there's so much creativity and hard work gone into it!

I'm on the 6th gym badge and the game has run completely smoothly for me, no bugs or anything out of place and I'm loving the little conveniences such as respraying repel's, quicker hm animations and re-usable tm's. Only thing I've noticed is that in the doc's Dunsparce is supposed to be Normal/Ground but the ones I've fought and caught are mono-normal.

Also is there a full list of items, or at least battle items in this game? I want to know what I should look out for and if there's 4th gen+ items like Eviolite etc.

Update: Got to the E4 and still loving this game immensely, the puzzles have really impressed me and some of them are surprisingly challenging. Also I've now found a lot of 4th gen onwards items so that answers my previous question.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 24, 2020
The safety specs crash my game, along with the emulator.

started playing a few days ago, and would say this has been one of the most enjoyable rom hacks I've played.

but, I've also encountered this problem, if I go over safety specs in my bag, the game and emulator crashes. cannot use items after safety specs as a result

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 11, 2020
started playing a few days ago, and would say this has been one of the most enjoyable rom hacks I've played.

but, I've also encountered this problem, if I go over safety specs in my bag, the game and emulator crashes. cannot use items after safety specs as a result

I'd recommend using a Gen 3 Save Editor to edit out the problem item in your bag.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2019
I can't find Giga Drain TM. Nor can I find a post that talks about this. Does anyone no where giga drain is? Thanks. And sorry if this is discussed already.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 11, 2020
I can't find Giga Drain TM. Nor can I find a post that talks about this. Does anyone no where giga drain is? Thanks. And sorry if this is discussed already.

I can't remember exactly but go to Route 123 and talk to everyone around there, I think I got it from a woman and she might have been hidden away or had her back turned.

Roxolotl

Ptoo ptoo, Open Sesame!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
A glitch I found is the Magby moveset glitch. If you ever go to Magby's Battle Moves from Summary, or trying to teach the mate a new move, the game freezes with a moveset named, "of many!" Using Magby in battle or going through Contest Moves doesn't freeze the game. The Magby I caught is level 21 from Fiery Path.

luuma

Years
I've fixed all the bugs so far reported in this thread now.

Edit: and fixed some of the new ones THIS patch added > : (

New patch out, with a massive amount of changes!
Spoiler:

It will definitely break your save file, so please deposit all your items in the PC, wave farewell to your pokedex data, save the game, and make a save file on the "continue" screen after the title screen

Last edited:

Roxolotl

Ptoo ptoo, Open Sesame!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2018
In Altering Cave, there's a a creature named Transkitt and when I caught my first one, it turned into Raikou with no Abilities days later. Getting farther into the game, I go back inside and see the creature again. It looks like a bugged Pok?mon though I'm not entirely sure about it.

luuma

Years
In Altering Cave, there's a a creature named Transkitt and when I caught my first one, it turned into Raikou with no Abilities days later. Getting farther into the game, I go back inside and see the creature again. It looks like a bugged Pok?mon though I'm not entirely sure about it.

it changed species cause you installed the new patch on an old savefile! You've also probably lost all of your items and pokedex data. I mentioned as much in the main post, please be very aware that the new patch works fine and dandy with new save files but causes internal bleeding in old ones

But yeah it's an old ass fakemon that I can't remove without rendering the Dex impossible to complete. It's meant to be super rare so nobody ever has to see it haha. Likely to be replaced with some gen 4 mon. someone mentioned a rumour regigigigas was in this game and I like that idea

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 12, 2023
Hi! I've been playing this game and enjoying it quite a bit (currently at Lilycove, about to go to Fortree) and so I wanted to post some words about how much I enjoy it.

First off, I LOVE what you've done with the region and how you've embedded a lot of your own style into it! The different paths, the new areas, the stat changes and quirks you've added to Pokemon that were at first unusable and now star players, you've really put a lot of your heart and soul into the game and I want to commend you for it! Hoenn is my favorite region, so I play Gen 3 hacks with low expectations most of the time, but you've really made it a whole new and fun experience for me all over again.

A couple things I want to share with you though.

- Recently, you got rid of the alternate path to Mauville after Rustboro and instead reverted it back to the original path of Rustboro to Dewford. I dislike this. Creating that alternate path was one of the most creative things I've seen in a hack, where lots of people are scared of doing it because they think people will dislike what they've done to their favorite region. But the added event of the bridge mishap with the twins, the early access to the bike, and just a new way to experience the game made the path one of my favorite things in the game! I would love this to come back, as it really made an impact when I first started playing the game.
- This is mostly a personal gripe, but your change to the move Strength is something I've been trying to fight with myself about for awhile. While it being Steel type now is certainly creative, I feel as if it's placement is rather awkward. Steel only covers three types, Ice, Rock, and Fairy, and the only prominent type here is Rock. Fairies are next to nothing in this game, most of them being dual typed, and Ice types are the same. Rocks were already prominent before Strength was obtained.

My point is, Strength being Steel just doesn't really benefit the player at that point in the game, or even in the long run. In fact, there's not even a lot of Steel types that can take advantage of it! Aron is practically the only Pokemon who would make good use of it by that point. And with it being a field move, it's practically required to be somewhere on the team. Other physical Steel types, like Beldum or Skarmory, have better moves later on they can use, like Meteor Mash or Steel Wing.

It being Normal type would make much more sense. There are far, FAR more Normal types in need of a good STAB attack by then, and Strength is a great option as it gives them a good STAB and provides utility as a field move. Right now, it is currently occupying a space in my Furret's moveset as I have to use Body Slam as my main STAB attack. You can see now why I'm kind of iffy about it, right? Just my two cents on it.

Those are my main gripes with the game, but as I've stated before, I absolutely LOVE the hack! Fray Manor was one of my favorite new areas of the game (the new Ice Mountain was cool, but IMO it was kind of lackluster). Thank you for all your hard work on the game, it's definitely one I'd recommend to anyone wanting a new, refreshing experience of Hoenn.

Back