• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 27, 2018
I've noticed that Psy Field does not seem to be functioning correctly. It neither blocks priority moves nor status.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
The only way to get Treeko is by breeding Grovyle. Grovyles can be found in the Forest Rapids and route 119.

Wrong. Treecko is found in Petalburg forest, unless Luuma changed it in a recent patch so it doesn't appear there anymore.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Wrong. Treecko is found in Petalburg forest, unless Luuma changed it in a recent patch so it doesn't appear there anymore.

I believe he changed it. In the pokedex, it says treekos cannot be found anywhere so I spent several minutes searching for it just to see if that was the case. And like the pokedex stated, I didn't find a single treeko. I have no clue if this is intentional or not because this change is not listed in the patch notes.

Galexio

Pokémon Professor Assistant
Years
I believe he changed it. In the pokedex, it says treekos cannot be found anywhere so I spent several minutes searching for it just to see if that was the case. And like the pokedex stated, I didn't find a single treeko. I have no clue if this is intentional or not because this change is not listed in the patch notes.

Worst comes to worst, verify the data with AdvanceMap. I thought the Beldum on the cave where Steven was got changed, but it was just a really low encounter rate and bad luck on my end.

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024

Either I missed it or Luuma never mentioned he changed some pokemon locations, I did once suggest for him to move Shroomish (also found in the forest) to a later part of the game since its a starter but guess he decided with removing the original one away.

Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
New patch out. All trainers and encounters past gym 2 have been redone to fit to a newer, smoother, better difficulty curve. Also, the magma hideout is actually fun now, and I added a new ability.

I'm really sorry that I've caused an argument. I moved treecko out of in maybe patch 2.3 when I changed all the starters back to the original trio. There's a lot of documentation for me to keep track of and sometimes I forget. I've updated the location list now.

For the record, the pokedex is 100% trustworthy for all cases besides Baltoy.

I've noticed that Psy Field does not seem to be functioning correctly. It neither blocks priority moves nor status.

That's a pain, I'll add it to the list of bugs. I know it definitely does still boost psychic moves' damage, but I'll try and fix it for next time. it could take a while and I need to do labs now

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
New patch out. All trainers and encounters past gym 2 have been redone to fit to a newer, smoother, better difficulty curve. Also, the magma hideout is actually fun now, and I added a new ability.

I'm really sorry that I've caused an argument. I moved treecko out of in maybe patch 2.3 when I changed all the starters back to the original trio. There's a lot of documentation for me to keep track of and sometimes I forget. I've updated the location list now.

Ah you actually went ahead and changed the starters back to the regular Hoenn trio already? Must had missed such a previous update somewhere mentioning that. I thought you were very set on sticking with the Shroomish-Vulpix-Corphish trio.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 7, 2019
Thanks for making this hack, ive been enjoying it immensely so far. One big concern though, i was really looking forward to trying the new blastoise, but squirtle can not be found vio old or good fishing rods on his route. The pokedex indicates his location and you confirmed it in your notes, but i spent a solid 15 minutes getting "not even a nibble". I havent gotten far enough in the game for super rod but i tried both old and good rod with no bites of anything in that little pond

edit: im playing 2.5 update for sure, on gba4ios, tried surf/fishing, and every point of the little pond in route 102. still no bites, i do encounter marills when surfing though. i will absolutely settle for a gameshark code for squirtle if you have one though, ive never tried patching files to gba4ios, wouldnt want to ruin it.

Last edited:

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Well, 'lo all. I return with less hair than when I was last here. I've been trying to set up for a monotype run, which means cheats to modify wild encounters or mons I've already caught for the purpose of transmuting. Problem is nothing works. Nothing. I've pulled new roms and moved from VBA to VBA-M, done fresh installations of everything, checked many code resources and tried every permutation of input I could figure out to ensure I'm not doing anything wrong. Yet nothing works and I have been at this for... a while.

I feel like I remember mention that this mod some how disables cheats, but I can't for the life of me find any evidence of it and the search thread results nothing as far as the word 'cheat' goes. So, have I been wasting my time, doing something stupid, or what?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
I've been trying to set up for a monotype run, which means cheats to modify wild encounters or mons I've already caught for the purpose of transmuting.

Am going to post because I feel like this will be useful information for the reference of others.

There's nothing anti-cheat in the game whatsoever, and all Pokemon still have their data originating from the same offset as in Pokemon emerald, so this is very, very confusing for me! My guess is that it is caused by the massive changes to the battle engine's structure, which in turn would mess with any script trying to make a battle of a certain kind happen.

An alternative method might be to find a code that delivers the Pokemon you want straight to your pc, I know those still work cause it's how I helped the guy above you who wanted a Squirtle

Another alternative is Advancemap, which is totally compatible with the game. You could just mess around with route 101's encounter table and change it to what you want to catch.

in other news I have a patch out for the squirtle issue

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Ah, thanks a ton man.

All worked out great. I've got my little blue birb and amd good to go. The plan is to pick up another mon from my list each time I beat a gym, starting with 2 (Treeko and Swablu). The schtick being dragon types and mons that resemble them enough to make the tiny list.

Edit
I had an idea while I was playing, cursory search turned up nothing pre-existing (possibly due to search terms). Random rain/sun weather effects rolling around the routes and towns independent of Groudon/Kyogre and from the get go. I know a couple routes already have rain popping in periodically. Whaddya think?

Last edited:
Years
Can someone help me, please? I've beaten the Mossdeep Gym and talked to Steven. I went to Tar Pit to find the pink-haired girl to get HM08 and I can't find her. I've poked around Advanced Map to check if I've missed any spots and I did find her in A-Map but when I go inside my game, she's not there, at all. Should I do something else first or what? ;-;

edit: got impatient so I just made a new sprite in advanced map and ported the script in that sprite. got hm08 dive now :)

Last edited:

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
Alright, I'm up to further shenanigans and I find myself running into a problem I can't make heads or tails of.

I'm trying to figure out methods of skipping the need to have pokemon capable of using a given HM via cheating, and while most of them are managed by walk-anywhere + having the HM to juggle (rock smash/cut/strength), surf and fly are proving difficult. walk-anywhere strangely doesn't work on water and supposedly there are these cheats (which I have found) that seem to be designed to allow you to use an HM ability without having a mon that knows the move (the cheats were supposed to work for cut, dive, fly, and surf, which is managable).

In short, I cannot for the life of me get these 'Have Ability' cheats to work and I've exhausted a couple days trying to figure it out/find an answer.

Any ideas or possible solutions? I'm very committed to my mono/duo-type runs and it's not uncommon a team simply can't produce a flier or surf/waterfall/dive user and man do I hate using HM slaves... It hurts my soul.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
I'm trying to evolve yanma,its 39 and still hasn't learned ancient power,does it evolve differently in this ROM?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
How do you set this up though, when I downloaded it I just got a bunch of files that seem to be related to the ds

Tendoman77

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I'm trying to evolve yanma,its 39 and still hasn't learned ancient power,does it evolve differently in this ROM?

The creator hasn't added any 'mons from future gens in this. It wasn't till Gen 4 Yanmega existed and this is a Gen 3 hack.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Any plans at all for doing custom dex entries for every pokemon? Love the ones that are already in the game xD

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
^This, also, the modified typings you did for a number of mons. I know people didn't show a lot of support, but I don't think it hurts to ask. Would you be able/willing to put together a patch to go alongside the ice type reversion and the poison-in-overworld patches for bringing back things like rock/dragon bagon and grass/electric mareep. Plus other additions you feel like throwing in there. I really liked some of those and I've been noting more and more mons that aren't half bad before they fully evolve due to having an interesting niche or gimmick their evolved form(s) do not have.

How do you set this up though, when I downloaded it I just got a bunch of files that seem to be related to the ds
Well, you need an emulator for game boy advance roms, the rom itself from somewhere else (not hard to get in either case, I use VBA-M and just googled for a rom). Then you need Lunar IPS (or facsimile). Fire up Lunar and patch files, applying the altered emerald 2.5.ips to a copy of the emerald version rom, which takes like 10 seconds. Then you're good to go, fire up the emulator, load the patched rom, and play.

Last edited:
Back