• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
is there a way to randomize this game, already played it all the way , so i want some extra spiceness to it

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 18, 2019
The Lombre south of Fallarbor still gives turns certain Pokemon into badeggs. (My Tentacool leveling to level 10 in a double battle beforehand.)

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Edit 2: Final unobtainable Pokemon (except the Legendary Birds due to not all Pokemon being obtainable) is Gliscor. My Gligar just won't evolve.
seems okay here, is it that the game looks like night time when it isn't treated as night time, maybe?

I'm currently messing with the egg problems, fingers crossed

EDIT: Turns out mantine is the only pokemon affected, the rest are breeding fine on the last patch. Unsure why

EDIT2: Fixed, it was happening because a glitch pokemon was listed as evolving into mantine

The Lombre south of Fallarbor still gives turns certain Pokemon into badeggs. (My Tentacool leveling to level 10 in a double battle beforehand.)
fixed this, I thought I'd got the bug but it turns out it was still affecting about 40% of abilities when skill swapped (etc.)

EDIT3: I keep encountering this "Glouna" when surfing. There's a pause for a few seconds, then the battle proceeds like normal. It can be attacked, too, though the EXP offered for defeating one is not great. I eventually caught one and it was labelled a "sp00ky" Pokemon...and then poof, it's gone. Must have been a test Pokemon, but it still can be encountered in the wild. Going to reload my save file and resume playing. Also, on Route 109, I'm also encountering what might be a fainted Glouna while surfing...level 0 and 0 HP. Weird encounters.
I am almost sure you've applied multiple patches to the same rom, that's the only way you'd possibly have anything named Glouna in your game at all. it is now fully replaced in all cases by regigigas

I've fixed the fire stone issue now, sorry for the delay on that too

Last edited:
Years
I am almost sure you've applied multiple patches to the same rom, that's the only way you'd possibly have anything named Glouna in your game at all. it is now fully replaced in all cases by regigigas

I applied both the main patch and the optional patch that changes some Pokemon types. So unless somehow I did that wrong, that's all I did to the original rom.

luuma

Years
I applied both the main patch and the optional patch that changes some Pokemon types. So unless somehow I did that wrong, that's all I did to the original rom.
Well, if you apply the current new patch to a clean emerald rom I can guarantee you these issues won't be in it! I really haven't got a clue how you managed to encounter a zero hp glouna in any patch at all, but I can tell you that even the word "glouna" does not even exist in the current patch, let alone any of its sprites or data lol

Last edited:
Years
When you say DON'T USE OLD SAVE FILES ON 3.X VERSIONs. This will destroy the contents of your items pocket, freeze your game (unless you're on the save files screen) and completely clear your pokedex., do you mean we should start a new save file for all 3.X version?

Because I play by converting the patched .gba into a .cia and installing it on my Custom Firmware'd 3DS, so I have no idea where my save file is located.

Last edited:

e3

Years
>I found a wild Regigigas in the ice part of Shoal Cave.

>Using the alternate type patch doesn't trigger the Dunsparce Type change when you get DragonAsent

notanoob987

The world's okay-est guy 2017
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 24, 2020
I chose mudkip and the game told me that it had a brawney nature what does that mean?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 19, 2022
Recover and softboiled dont heal you enough sometimes. Dont know about roost and wish.
Blizzard misses in hail.
Meltdown is removing walreins water typing instead.
If you use protect the turn a pokemon explodes, its sprite will bug and overlap with the incoming pokemon.

00f

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 6, 2019
Im confused about how it says "razor claw wherever scope lens was before". Does that mean the razor claw can only be found in the battle frontier and i am not able to evolve my sneasel until i have beaten the elite four?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Im confused about how it says "razor claw wherever scope lens was before". Does that mean the razor claw can only be found in the battle frontier and i am not able to evolve my sneasel until i have beaten the elite four?

Basically, yeah.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
hey, where can i find the patch with the type changes?

also, will it break my save file if i use it? im on 3.04

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Basically, yeah.

As someone who wants to use Weavile in this game, I feel like this needs to be changed. A evolution item shouldn't be locked from the player that far into the game so I hope something is done about that.

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
The razor claw I thought was on route 123 (Scaber Path)

Also, Luuma, any idea if you'd be able to set up key items that function as HMs? Like a flashlight, jet pack, and diving gear for Flash, Fly, and Dive respectively.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The razor claw I thought was on route 123 (Scaber Path)

Also, Luuma, any idea if you'd be able to set up key items that function as HMs? Like a flashlight, jet pack, and diving gear for Flash, Fly, and Dive respectively.

I checked around Route 123 and only saw one item there I haven't gotten but I need both bikes it seems. Is that the one you are referring too?

luuma

Years
I checked around Route 123 and only saw one item there I haven't gotten but I need both bikes it seems. Is that the one you are referring too?

He was thinking of the Razor Fang I think... The razor claw has also always been available in an ice puzzle in the bottom floor of victory road, in an ice puzzle on the left hand side>
Razor claw now replaces the item behind the Winstrate house on route 111, so you can go pick it up in the current patch. Will be playing through to make a list of item locations some point, but for now I think I'm off on a month's break unless there are any other major issues

Patch 3.05 has perhaps my favourite new feature yet, so enjoy that stuff while it's still hot

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
He was thinking of the Razor Fang I think... The razor claw has also always been available in an ice puzzle in the bottom floor of victory road, in an ice puzzle on the left hand side>
Razor claw now replaces the item behind the Winstrate house on route 111, so you can go pick it up in the current patch. Will be playing through to make a list of item locations some point, but for now I think I'm off on a month's break unless there are any other major issues

Patch 3.05 has perhaps my favourite new feature yet, so enjoy that stuff while it's still hot

Ohh ok, well then thank you for answering. I'll be sure to get the current patch and playthrough it. Great hack by the way, really enjoying this game!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Hey man, great game. Adds a whole new twist to the game I've never seen before, having played other hacks that simply make the game harder was fun, but the level of detail put into this one is far superior. I'm just having an issue with a bug, and the issue is it won't evolve. Yanma doesn't evolve like the rest of his similar evolutions that use items, he instead uses ancient power, which at level 43 I haven't gained access to, even with heart scales. So, is it even possible to evolve him?

Back