• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

blood in video games

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't think I'm really grossed out by a lot of stuff visually, but yeah, like Firebolt said it's the context that gets to me more, like if there are human remains and it's implied or shown that they were eaten by another person, that grosses me out that just seeing remains or blood.

User Anon 1848

I'm not sure. I'm a lot more squeamish when it comes to movies and TV shows so maybe as graphics continue to improve I'll have some examples. A VR Saw game would probably traumatise me lol. The Mortal Kombat fatalities and brutalities have become too excessive imo. Without getting too specific, what's the point of brutalities that are just as violent as the fatalities? They tried to up the ante with fatalities by having characters beat their opponent well after they're dead which is just pointless. The last time I can recall being disturbed by a game was Gears Of War but once you get used to the Chainsaw Bayonet you're pretty much desensitised.

Years
  • confession: i also cannot tolerate resident evil games mostly because i assume there's a lot of blood and gore w/the zombies... gross. x.x

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I HATE blood in games. Its ugly. Its depressing. I won't (typically) put up with it.

Its just disrespectful of the lives and well beings of the fictional characters :(

I don't care if some of them 'are villains' and 'deserve' it. Ugh. I don't give into hateful media.....hate in general. Peeves me <_<;;;

Battles without blood shed are easier on my eyes. I'm glad cuter games don't typically use blood much!

...I admit, i still sort-of like the crazyness of the eversion games, though. but i think i am, overall, more turned off that SOME final kirby bosses in older games of his can have blood....o__O;; thankfully, its not realistic, and i love the adorable and innocent charm of kirby even WITH darker elements. but yeah. blood pisses me off overall.

EDIT: I'll admit ended up going ahead and adding 'typically' to this post......cuz i actually have a weak spot for some classic kirby games that have (thankfully, not so realistic...) blood shed. Even though I really wish they left it out.

at least theres the comfort its ONLY final bosses that had the feature, too.....

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • No blood please, thank you

It makes me faint irl and I don't want any of it in my video games

If it helps the immersion I can tolerate maybe PG-13 levels of blood

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I don't like too gore-y games, like horror level, but I can handle a bit. Like, I'm a Grand Theft Auto player. They've removed a lot of gore after the third game though to avoid controversies and that was a good call imo.

Back