• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Wilkommen!!

thumb_11500_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Years
  • I don't understand this media persecution of Brendan Rodgers at the moment. He has the team three points away from the Champions League places and it's still very early in the season. The expectations on him seem to have been inflated by the season were they nearly won the title.

Sad to see him go. People have forgotten what he did just 15 months ago.
    Thank you Brendan.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Sad to see him go. People have forgotten what he did just 15 months ago.
    Thank you Brendan.
    I'm glad to see there are still some Liverpool fans that haven't forgotten what the man almost did for your club. As long as he doesn't do too well, then I'm happy to see Klopp in the league

Years
  • I think Brendan will be treated better in hindsight, but that won't do him much good for now.

Also, Sunderland appoint Big Sam. I get the feeling he will stick around for a bit in contrast to their previous managers. They won't exactly be top half standard anytime soon, but they might get a few seasons without a proper relegation fight for once.

As long as he doesn't do too well, then I'm happy to see Klopp in the league

That's exactly how I feel. I like Klopp, but I'm worried he will be hugely improving a team I really don't like. I am interested to see which random average players decide they're world beaters in his system though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    That's exactly how I feel. I like Klopp, but I'm worried he will be hugely improving a team I really don't like. I am interested to see which random average players decide they're world beaters in his system though.

I think it's Joe Allen's time to shine {XD}
    "Welsh Xavi makes statement under Klopp"
    I can see the headlines already

Years
  • Sad to see Brendan being constantly taunted by some of the fans even when he's gone. All I see is 'character' jokes everywhere. Hope he'll be back to managing some team in the Premier League by the end of the season. Singing Klopp is a great move but this sacking has been very harsh on Brendan.

Years
  • Thank God, the only entertaining thing all week has been Wales embarrassingly celebrating their qualification as if they had won a cup.

Let's hope boro are back to winning ways tomorrow.

Years
  • Bump.

Right well I've calmed down from my midweek trip to Manchester. Hopefully the players have been focusing on today's game against Charlton a lot longer than I have.

Elsewhere in the UK, Chris Ramsey is definitely getting sacked sooner or later and Leeds might finally free themselves from a succession of terrible owners.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Chelsea lose again. Mourinho's position safe, according to "Sky Sources".

Quite baffling what's happening with them right now. Baffling, and yet amusing at the same time.

Years
  • I think Chelsea were unlucky today, I started watching around sixty minutes and they conceded two deflected goals in what seemed like a pretty even game. I think the Chelsea board are happy to write off this season for the sake of continuity and just hope Mourinho guides them into Europe.

It's days like today that make me feel sorry for some loyal fans. Charlton fans made the trip to Middlesbrough today to witness a completely apathetic performance. It makes sense to come to the Riverside and park the bus, but at least try to attack sometimes when you have the ball. It turns out in the end they couldn't even park the bus that well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Still scratched my head on just HOW did we lose to Newcastle the most one sided game I have EVER seen we did everything buy score and they get 1 shot and score it.

Massively need a striker and a decent keeper in January

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Sounds like a reversal of the recent Wear-Tyne derby; Newcastle having the better chances but failing to convert dominance into goals and getting sucker-punched. These things even themselves out, if footballing people are to believed.

Sunderland, meanwhile, have resumed normal service after their derby heroics and gone back to being awful at pretty much every single aspect of football. Championship football next season, but speaking to friends who go to games regularly, they'd feel more confident of coming straight back up under Big Sam than they would if Poyet or Advocaat was still in charge.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Sounds like a reversal of the recent Wear-Tyne derby; Newcastle having the better chances but failing to convert dominance into goals and getting sucker-punched. These things even themselves out, if footballing people are to believed.
    We have had by far the last luck of anyone thou
    Should of beat Liverpool had a goal disallowed for nothing than they score a offside winner#
    Absolutely shocking goalkeeping costing us a win against Watford
    That Newcastle game at the weekend
    Pugh, Atsu, Wilson (6 months), Elphick, Mings (10 months), Gradel (5 months) all injured

Years
  • And yet somehow you're still competitive so far. Has the season been exciting for you guys?

Not long until the international spell is gone for 4 months (4 whole lovely months without it thank the lord). Boro are subject to the Sky TV scheduling gods this week and play on Friday so football is back even earlier for me. The England friendly with France will have some external meaning so this wasn't a complete waste of an international break I suppose.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm so happy in football. One of the 3 team I support a lot, Portland Timbers, won the MLS cup for the first time, took down the Columbus Crew 2-1

Years
  • What!? We're alive-ish again?

I'm so happy in football. One of the 3 team I support a lot, Portland Timbers, won the MLS cup for the first time, took down the Columbus Crew 2-1

I watched that game, it was pretty exciting especially for something I wasn't planning to watch. How is Kei Kamara so good in the MLS though?

Back