• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poor bald gecko

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I think most people agree that there are only a few Pokémon that look better in the normaly forgotten middle phase than in the final phase. A good, well-known example of that is Sceptile: While Grovyle looks very cool and nice, Sceptile uh... goes bald.

What are other Pokémon you think look better in their second phase than in their third phase? I personally think Cinderace and Delphox fit in this group as well, while Incineroar doesn't because it IS ugly, but Torracat isn't that great either.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Sceptile is an icon.

I also agree with Delphox. I do like Delphox but Fennekin deserved better.

Years
  • Thanks to the anime, I got so used to looking at Bayleef (and thinking it was Chikorita's final evo) that until now Meganium looks wrong to me.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • None, there are middle evo creatures I like as much as the final evos but none I like more since y'know, you are going to fully evolve them soon.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I've always liked Grovyle more than Sceptile. I just think the shape of Sceptile's head is odd. I also like half the middle stage fire starters more than their final stages (Quilava, Combusken, Braixen and Torracat).

Years
    • Seen today
    I usually like final evolutions more than prevos, but one exception is Poliwhirl. For some reason, I've always liked this cute Pokemon more than Poliwrath. And while Politoed is cute too, and strong as well, I like Poliwhirl's design more.

Others include Electabuzz and Dusclops, although they weren't middle evos until generation 4.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • I forgot to mention but I think all of the first generation starters also look much better in their first stages of evolution than the next two. In fact, I find that to be the case with several starters.

Also, unpopular opinion but I like Sceptile more than Grovyle!

Back