• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash vs. Ash Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, figured I'd made a discussion, while making something fun here! This thread is going to compare Ash in each Generation of the Pokemon Anime (Gens 1 - 6). It will showcase his attire, his achievements, and his Pokemon! All you guys gotta do is pick your favorite version of Ash, and explain why~

At any rate, here's Ash during his travels:

Gen I - Kanto/Orange Islands:

e82406cdffc171e89130debd7d72d861b3634b15_hq.jpg

Pokémon: Pikachu, Butterfree, Haunter (briefly), Primeape, Raticate (briefly), Kingler, Charizard, Pidgeot, Lapras, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Tauros, Muk, Snorlax

Achievements: Top 16 in the Indigo League, Orange League Winner

Gen II - Johto:

i_ll_stand_by_you__ash_ketchum_x_reader__p1_by_demi_witch4ever-d84pikk.jpg

Pokémon: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Heracross, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Bayleef, Charizard, Phanpy

Achievements: Top 8 in the Johto League

Gen III - Hoenn / Battle Frontier:

300px-Ash_Pikachu_Taillow.jpg

Pokémon: Pikachu, Sceptile, Torkoal, Swellow, Corphish, Aipom, Glalie, (Donphan)

Achievements: Top 8 in the Hoenn League, Beaten the Battle Frontier

Gen IV - Sinnoh:

423.jpg

Pokémon: Pikachu, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible, Infernape, Staraptor, Torterra, (Quilava)

Achievements: Top 4 in the Sinnoh League

Gen V - Unova / Decolore Archipelego:

latest

Pokémon: Pikachu, Unfezant, Krookodile, Boldore, Palpitoad, Leavanny, Scraggy, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott, (Charizard)

Achievements: Top 8 in the Unova League

Gen VI - Kalos:

tumblr_njbfh7ip111sr6y44o1_500.gif

Pokémon: Pikachu, Goodra, Noivern, Hawlucha, Talonflame, Greninja

Achievements: Runner-up in Kalos League

I realize that I might of gotten some info wrong, so feel free to correct on some mistakes! But still, the main focus on this thread is: Which Generation did you like Ash in the most? Which of Ash's Pokemon team is the strongest? But, feel free to share anything!

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    This is tough because I like all versions of Ash. They each brought something to the table.

Kanto Ash had the appeal of being a fresh and scrappy rookie, with alot immaturity, but it was authentic for a 10 year old.

Johto Ash is a little more seasoned, but still kind of naive to the world, but you can feel Ash had matured.

Hoenn Ash is largely like Johto Ash only this time he wasn't the kid of the group like before and could be a mentor figure for some of the younger, less experienced members.

Sinnoh Ash really let his trainer muscles stretch and you could see the growth and maturity he attained. Brock no longer felt like a baby sitter for Ash and was something closer to a comrade in arms.

Unova Ash is my least favorite Ash because he's the only Ash to be set backwards while every other only saw him improve. He was back to being the kid of the group, but I still liked him enough. Ash wasn't as pigheaded as he is during Kanto, and is alot more like the idiot hero archetype found in Son Goku or Luffy.

Kalos Ash was pretty much a leader. He's the closest Ash got to being a pokemon master, both in mental capacity and demeanor. It hurt when he didn't win the league despite coming closer than he ever had before. That still doesn't erase the fact Ash was a super strong trainer, and a real leader in this season.

If I had to go for favorite, I guess it would be Sinnoh Ash, since he was not only a competent trainer, but also a little more lively this time, and his rivalry with Paul gave him alot more to do this season compared to others.

For strongest team. I don't feel like Ash's various pokemon teams are that far apart in strength. I think what separates them is the level of trainer Ash is in each season. But if I had to choose, it'd be his Kalos team, not only because Ash-Greninja is quite possibly Ash's strongest pokemon, but Pikachu was arguably at his strongest as well taking down 2 pseudo legendary pokemon and a mega evolved Lucario as well.

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
  • I'd like to discuss all of them in-depth like Skyshooter above, but they covered most of them very well! Personally, I have to say that Gen VI Ash is easily my personal favorite. A big part of this being his character development and consistency through the series.
    I haven't seen all of XY, but his gym battle against Viola comes straight to mind. He loses the first time because she used a strategy he had never seen before. Instead of being sad about it, he told Pikachu and Fletchling that they did their best, and they'll come back and win. SO he stays determined, believes in his Pokemon, and works hard at finding a way to overcome Viola's strategy. It works perfectly, and Ash coordinates his Pokemon well enough that they get the victory. It just shows how much Ash has improved over the years, and the type of person he is.
    Also the Team Flare and Ash-Greninja arcs are easily my favorite story arcs of the entire anime, and Ash-Greninja is just so powerful and so cool!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Hmm who would come out on top with all of the iterations of Ash/Satoshi so far...

Although I want to say Sinnoh ver. (mainly because I love it unconditionally and I love the pokemon in it.) the Kalos ver. would win in a landslide. As said by zeno and skyshooter. Kalos Satoshi/Ash seems to be the culmination of all of the versions of Ash/Satoshi. He's an amazing trainer: Often analyzing his opponents before or mid battle, The most Unpredictable, and the best Leader. Also, his greninja is an equivalent of a mega. this team however, is very susceptible to electric type attacks and since every Ash/Satoshi has a pikachu on all of their line ups its still going to be a tough fight (I do think that Kalos ash would find a way to circumvent this weakness, as shown that he often chooses pokemon with type disadvantages and still wins through tactics and cunning.)

How the final ranking will go down( in my mind )

Champion: Kalos
    Runner up: Sinnoh
    Third Place: toss up between Hoenn and Kanto

Achievements: Top 16 in the Indigo League, Orange League Winner

Thank you for reminding me that Ash/Satoshi won the Orange League...
    Frankly i'm getting sick and tired of people saying Ash is a Loser and never wins anything... even thought he's both the Orange League Champ and Battle Frontier Champ. It's obvious that some of them really don't follow the anime or watch any episodes, they just complain and write Ash off as an incompetent trainer... which is so annoying.

Ash/Satoshi is a Loser is a meme that needs to die...

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Hoenn for me, because that's the time you've specified he beat the Battle frontier (which also includes his time with Charizard beating Articuno, Sceptile which defeated Darkrai, Pikachu which tied with Latios and more importantly, his 6 move Snorlax).

Kalos would probably be a close second to me. Ash-Greninja is arguably his strongest Pokemon, but the rest of his team bar Pikachu is painfully weak, usually relying on prior damage to get the job done. Sinnoh takes third because he used some powerhouses from other regions along with his Gen 4 Powerhouses.

It doesn't help that Mega Pokemon were introduced after Unova, so there is no easy level for which to compare feats to. For all we know, SM anime might have Z moves making Mega Pokemon look like starter pokemon.

Favourite Ash is Sinnoh. Nostalgic, but also because he's got a real rival that challenges his beliefs consistently and makes him question himself.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • This is tough because I like all versions of Ash. They each brought something to the table.

Kanto Ash had the appeal of being a fresh and scrappy rookie, with alot immaturity, but it was authentic for a 10 year old.

Johto Ash is a little more seasoned, but still kind of naive to the world, but you can feel Ash had matured.

Hoenn Ash is largely like Johto Ash only this time he wasn't the kid of the group like before and could be a mentor figure for some of the younger, less experienced members.

Sinnoh Ash really let his trainer muscles stretch and you could see the growth and maturity he attained. Brock no longer felt like a baby sitter for Ash and was something closer to a comrade in arms.

Unova Ash is my least favorite Ash because he's the only Ash to be set backwards while every other only saw him improve. He was back to being the kid of the group, but I still liked him enough. Ash wasn't as pigheaded as he is during Kanto, and is alot more like the idiot hero archetype found in Son Goku or Luffy.

Kalos Ash was pretty much a leader. He's the closest Ash got to being a pokemon master, both in mental capacity and demeanor. It hurt when he didn't win the league despite coming closer than he ever had before. That still doesn't erase the fact Ash was a super strong trainer, and a real leader in this season.

If I had to go for favorite, I guess it would be Sinnoh Ash, since he was not only a competent trainer, but also a little more lively this time, and his rivalry with Paul gave him alot more to do this season compared to others.

For strongest team. I don't feel like Ash's various pokemon teams are that far apart in strength. I think what separates them is the level of trainer Ash is in each season. But if I had to choose, it'd be his Kalos team, not only because Ash-Greninja is quite possibly Ash's strongest pokemon, but Pikachu was arguably at his strongest as well taking down 2 pseudo legendary pokemon and a mega evolved Lucario as well.

These are exactly my thoughts as well. I didn't really like Kanto and Johto Ash that much because they were really immature to watch, but they seemed pretty young and realistic. I thought that Hoenn or Kalos Ash was the strongest team. He finally had a fully evolved team in Kalos with Pokemon that have proven themselves to be incredibly strong, as well as Sceptile and the others from Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I think Kalos because Ash caught very good pokemon there and Sawyer was not as good as paul but was still good, and Ash would have won the league but again, B&W writers had to mess it up :/

Lol the giant rasenshuriken tho XD

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back