• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Mafia Role

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • In all of the games that we have played, there were a lot of very interesting roles that were introduced apart from you typical Detectives, Doctors, and Vigilantes.

What was your favorite mafia role, and what game was it played on?

Etherion

I havent been to any Mafia game, but I know the basics.
    Personally, I like the Detective role because of its night action, its cool that you get to know the alignment of the players!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Personally, I favor being a citizen over a mafia member, although it is fun to play mafia too once in a while. Being mafia has a lot less tactical considerations in the voting, it's just voting along with everyone if they vote for an innocent, otherwise a little trying to bend everyone's thoughts when it isn't completely obvious.

My favorite role would be the witch, as it's pretty strong and cannot be killed by the mafia as long as you have the restoration potion left.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I really like the Jester, because of how that role works. It's fun, because it's solely based on creating chaos.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I thought the Mogwai role in Faeries and Daemons sounded like a lot of fun!

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I thought the Mogwai role in Faeries and Daemons sounded like a lot of fun!

So, I haven't played F&D really, so excuse me for asking. The Mogwai is basically a serial killer role, right?

I've never heard of it
    What's it do?

I really like siren/recruiter roles myself. They provide an interesting twist and there's a lot you can do with them.

The jester is about getting yourself lynched. You win if you get lynched, basically. If people know the role is in the game, everything suspicious gets a whole lot more interesting. It's best used in friendsonly games or ones on forums, because they're a bit prone to spam. Another fun role is the Executioner. That one receives a target at the start of the game, and if he manages to get that target lynched during the day, he wins. The target is always innocent. He loses if he dies before his target gets lynched, and if the target dies at night, he becomes a jester for the rest of the game.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Jester/Executioner roles are fun to play because they sow discord and create chaos which makes the drama much more enjoyable to watch. (C'mon, nobody really cares about serious business that investigative roles have to provide and often lack lol.)

Serial Killer roles (eg Mogwai in F&D) are also more of my type because it's a lone wolf role and it just heightens the tension because it's an additional enemy to face alongside the Mafia.

The Siren-esque roles are pretty good too; stealing night actions is quite a power-balance shifter.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • [insert roles I plan to utilize in future games here]

My favorite role? Well Klippy's current role in S3 (if it's legit) is pretty interesting. I enjoy that. edit: yee read the update. so his fake role was interesting haha.

speaking of which, I should get to making a role compilation thread. c:

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • [insert roles I plan to utilize in future games here]

My favorite role? Well Klippy's current role in S3 (if it's legit) is pretty interesting. I enjoy that. edit: yee read the update. so his fake role was interesting haha.

speaking of which, I should get to making a role compilation thread. c:

Nobody said it was fake. ;)

I did quite enjoy being the Patriotic Blue. It was fun. ;D

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    according to the update you were Olive
    idk
    w/e
    it was a neat role I'll probably do something like it in the future

Well, he's dead, and no bomb went off. It is fucking OP, that role, haha. And it's probably fake, because Klippy thought up excuses to not use the ability every single day.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • according to the update you were Olive
    idk
    w/e
    it was a neat role I'll probably do something like it in the future

Well, he's dead, and no bomb went off. It is ****ing OP, that role, haha. And it's probably fake, because Klippy thought up excuses to not use the ability every single day.

I don't think I can spoil anything, since others are still playing. Each night action had a consequence though, so it was dumb to use half the nights. I used Night Zero and Night One, revealing Juno and Mage for myself - each had a consequence I could handle. Killing myself on the other nights seemed lame. Haha.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't think I can spoil anything, since others are still playing. Each night action had a consequence though, so it was dumb to use half the nights. I used Night Zero and Night One, revealing Juno and Mage for myself - each had a consequence I could handle. Killing myself on the other nights seemed lame. Haha.

You added stuff to the role anyway. And one night action would've been amazing. That role had to be made up, and should never be included in a game again.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • You added stuff to the role anyway. And one night action would've been amazing. That role had to be made up, and should never be included in a game again.

You mean the bombings? Yeah, those were powerful deterrents against being voted/killed off for a time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    So, I haven't played F&D really, so excuse me for asking. The Mogwai is basically a serial killer role, right?

Yeah, I'm probably oversimplifying the role a bit, but it seems like a sweet deal - killing one person every night without having to worry about anyone else's safety but your own. :)

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Yeah we should definitely try to use the tailor sometime in our mafias :D

My favorite role is usually any form of traitor, but Fabricator or Voodoo are my favorites

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I liked having the power of the event under my command. The faceless man also seems intersting

Back