• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new types into Fire Red without replacing

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 8, 2017
Thanks for the tutorial! Took a couple tries to get it right, and I had to start over half a dozen times, but I managed to add three new types to one hack, and add Fairy to the other! Here's a patch for anyone who just needs to add fairy:

Attachments

• Fairy type.ips
    10.9 KB · Views: 6
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
Hey. Can I ask some one for help my add fairy type to my hack. I afraid brak the game if I do it myself. So very please for help guys. If you want help send a mesegge

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
After spending some hours in getting my icon to work properly, I finally reached the Step 2.
Instead of following the tutorial's method which uses Hex in order to modify the Type Effectiveness table though, I decided to use esperance's Type Effectiveness Editor 3 which apparently worked just fine judging how 24F050 has nothing but FFs until 24F21D. It looks like the tool deleted the old table and automagically told the game to use the new one.

Anyways, the problem I'm having right now which I don't think is related to the tool though, is that I can't modify an attack's type in order to test if the stuff's working correctly.
I added the line 17=Fairy under the line 11=Dark inside the [Types] section of G3T's \Customisation\Moves Editor.ini file.
Then I changed Squirtle's type to Dragon just for the test's sake and when I was about to change Scratch's type to Fairy, G3T gave me this error:
tXpyFDh.png

Halp?
EDIT: Oh yeah, the 1st picture's error which is in Spanish, means:
"You're referring to an item that isn't established as an item" or something like that.
It's as if the program wasn't recognizing my Fairy type.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The images are down. Please update them. :)

Ah yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm really busy atm, so I don't think I'll be able to update them for a while. But I'll do it asap.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
So I edited the effectiveness chart of the ??? type and it seems to be working, although I'm curious what are the side effects of using that type? I read something about struggle having side effects but I haven't had time to test that myself yet.

Delta231

A noob
Years
So I edited the effectiveness chart of the ??? type and it seems to be working, although I'm curious what are the side effects of using that type? I read something about struggle having side effects but I haven't had time to test that myself yet.
Eggs use ??? type and it is also used by some moves. I think you shouldn't replace it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Hi, I'm on Mac using wine, and Import Sprite Data isn't working for me. All my bitmaps are in 256-color instead of 16-color like they should be. I've used an online converter tool to get the right results, but so far, nothing has worked. What should I do?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Hi, I'm on Mac using wine, and Import Sprite Data isn't working for me. All my bitmaps are in 256-color instead of 16-color like they should be. I've used an online converter tool to get the right results, but so far, nothing has worked. What should I do?

Better off to use Leon's Ultimate Rombase.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
The images on this post are currently messed up. If anyone wants to use this tutorial with the images in-tact, here's a link to a Wayback Machine archive of an older version of the tutorial: https://web.archive.org/web/20140804211722/https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=313872

Thank a million for posting that it, helps a lot. I still can't figure it out but at least I know my tables has the right values in it, so I haven't messed that part up.

The icon counting makes 0 sense to me though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Ok for anyone trying to follow this guide, follow my guide instead to fill in the blanks.

The things aren't really in proper order for this guide. Several important parts are missing or in the wrong section.
Specifically the issue is how to count the type image to insert your icon coordinates, so your icon is actually visible.

And how to assign the proper ID to your new type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Nice tutorial, thanks! One question though.. is the new added type physical or special and is there a way to manipulate that? Thank you!:)

Back