• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
  • So I picked up my DS a few minutes ago with the challenge already started. There'll be no story this time around. I've forgotten it if there was one planned.
    I seem to have chosen Torchic as my starter as she will evolve into a fighting type.
    Seed it was obtained via trade (that reminds me - I guess there was some story planned -even though he's a "Slave" I'm not playing with the Slave Rule)
    My next Pokémon is Skitty who actually has a really low encounter rate and isn't tradable until ORAS via trade so I spent some time in that patch of grass.
    I captured Sableye before the second gym as I felt that I was using Torchic too much. Skipped Flash don't need it lol
    In Mauville there was an intense battle with my now evolved Combusken not being the ADC. Luckily Sableye was over leveled and somehow still balanced which means he needs a buff.
    Now just a few (okay it's been minutes not seconds at this point) minutes ago I was making my way to Dewford to rock smash some rocks to capture Nosepass when al of a sudden I heard a noise. The noise of a Shiny Abra. I'd have passed it over if the sound hadn't been on. I invoke the power of the Shiny Clause to add it to my team.

Team breakdown:
    Horus the Combusken level 21/22
    Fighter: "Do the crit damage already"
    Dots the Slave Seedot level 18
    Dark: "I was traded :("
    Isis the Skitty level 25
    Has a pretty nose: "Cats are unwelcome in the underworld"
    Sableye the Sableye level 31 (lol)
    Guards untold Treasures: "Let me invite you into the Shade"
    Abra the Shiny Abra level untouched
    Guarded Treasure: "Sableye isn't my dad, leave me alone!"

—————————————————-
    Post Script: as of this moment my team follows the original Sphinx Rule. This will change once Nosepass is added to the team and I invoke Shiny Clause. Which I believe (but not am not 100% sure) that Alakazam has a nose

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Quick update: After going to the trouble of finding my link cable it turns out for whatever reason the games won't connect. Kadabra will not be evolving.

Caught the Sphinx the Nosepass
    Trained some
    Went to Fallarbor
    Met a scientist
    Retrieved Metoerite for scientist
    Taught gift TM from scientist to Delcatty
    Struggled through Flannery's maze of a gym
    Defeated Flannery
    EZ'd all of Dad's joke of a gym
    Saved before facing Dad.

I will probably have some difficulty facing Norman as I was planning on having everyone be evolved at this stage in the game but Kadabra will stay a Kadabra and Combusken still needs some more training. Hopefully Nosepass will be bulky enough to get me through the gym.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • It's been some time since I've updated so let's see....

Dad was somehow beaten.
    We surfed.
    Mimic Circle and I danced in Circles.
    Abra Evolves:
    -Metronome
    -Psybeam
    -Shock Wave
    -Recover(?)
    Dots took a raft ride down the Mississippi River and evolved I guess.
    Sphinx needed more attention so it was equipped with Exp. Share and everyone pitched in.
    Sphinx the Nosepass managed to outspeed someone! Thunder Wave helped of course. Idk if it has any speed investments or not but it was crazy to see.
    Winona's gym was a breeze with Sphinx having a decent level. And Horus, while being surprisingly useful in her gym, has yet to evolve!
    I saved sometime around this area but I don't think I've beaten her quite yet.

The line up:
    Sableye and Horus are best buds. Sableye is a Bodyguard!
    Isis and Kadabra are a team! Delcatty is no joke and even unevolved he's too strong!
    Dots and Sphinx are usually paired together but they don't get along :o

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    I've been looking for a challenge to make replaying some of my games interesting, and I think this might just be the one. Gonna try it on Omega Ruby first, since I know I cleared that one of anything I need just the other day (it used to be host to my Charmander breeding project, but I moved them all out to Bank for when I get Home set up...)

Username: Silvain
    Game: Omega Ruby
    Era: Ancient Greece

If I enjoy that, I'll probably do a pirate run of SoulSilver afterwards... That should be really fun.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    I've been lurking on here for a while but I just made an account so I could log my attempt at this!

Username: Wrenpai
    Game: Red
    Era: Jurassic Jam

I'm going to attempt to start this off in the very beginning with plans of moving through the era's with each chronological game release.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    The first thing I realised choosing my first era to go through was the massive lack of pokeballs in the world. I had one shot to catch a Caterpie(Klaus) in Viridian Forest and my next chance to catch another pokemon was just before Cerulean City.

For my first gym battle against Brock the Caterpie I caught and trained into a Butterfree carried the team spamming confusion.

The second gym was a little more difficult, but only because I had to grind Tidal, the magikarp I bought before heading through Mt. Moon, to level 20 to evolve it. I also caught Snek the Ekans on route 4 to train on my way to eventually fight Lt. Surge. After clearing nugget bridge and the two routes above Cerulean I had my team ready to go in and sweep Misty.

On my way out of town I dealt with the grunt who stole the TM for dig and taught it to Snek who I planned on being my ace for the electric type gym. I trained the danger noodle up to the rest of the team while clearing Route 11 and the SS Anne. By the time I made it to Surge I had an Arbok that outsped most of the gym while oneshotting them with dig.

So with the first third of my romp through this era behind me my team consists of:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    For the Sci-Fi Like Future era, it says Water and Grass types are banned. That means you have to pick a fire starter, but it isn't an era type. How would that work?

I would assume you would use it until you could get a type that is allowed for the era, then simply box or release the starter.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    The first thing I realised choosing my first era to go through was the massive lack of pokeballs in the world. I had one shot to catch a Caterpie(Klaus) in Viridian Forest and my next chance to catch another pokemon was just before Cerulean City.

For my first gym battle against Brock the Caterpie I caught and trained into a Butterfree carried the team spamming confusion.

The second gym was a little more difficult, but only because I had to grind Tidal, the magikarp I bought before heading through Mt. Moon, to level 20 to evolve it. I also caught Snek the Ekans on route 4 to train on my way to eventually fight Lt. Surge. After clearing nugget bridge and the two routes above Cerulean I had my team ready to go in and sweep Misty.

On my way out of town I dealt with the grunt who stole the TM for dig and taught it to Snek who I planned on being my ace for the electric type gym. I trained the danger noodle up to the rest of the team while clearing Route 11 and the SS Anne. By the time I made it to Surge I had an Arbok that outsped most of the gym while oneshotting them with dig.

So with the first third of my romp through this era behind me my team consists of:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • OMG, so I was doing Pirate Golden Age (I didn't sign up cuz I didn't want to have to write a paragraph every now and then) and I found the best thing possible. It's not an era type so I have to box it but I needed this beautiful creature. Can't post an image of it because I haven't made 5 posts but will when I can

Years
  • i think i have some sort of increased shiny odds game cuz i legit found another one, same route.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    Update on my Ancient Greek run of Omega Ruby- made it to the hall of fame!

Final team:
    Blaziken (named Alectryon)
    Absol (named Lachesis)
    Gardevoir (named Psyche)
    Tropius (named Semnai)
    Azumarill (named Scylla)
    Electrode (named Perseus)

I also had a Minun (Zenobia), a Nuzleaf (Persephone), a Mightyena (Orion), and a Vulpix (Teumesios).

Years
  • Hey, got a question about the ultimate, can you do all gens but have a different era for each one? I have a storyline in mind but with how the various regions are I can see certain ones fit better in than others.
    Also, Here

Spoiler:

I figure doing this would help, some of the ones question marked is me unsure but feels they would fit.)=

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • Username: d4rk
    Game: Pokemon Red SpaceWorld edition link
    Era: Sci-Fi Like Future

Well, will I be able to beat the old dude only using Electric, Psychic and Flying? Psy type was overpowered at that time right?

--badge 1--
    Could have got myself and Butterfree or a Beedrill... Beedrill is a powerhouse in this gen.... But I'll roll with something else.
    Brock is beaten with Nidoran's Double KIck. Charmander is stored to PC for my extra no-starter rule. Current team has Nidoran, Pidgey and Pikachu.

--badge 2--
    Some Bug Catcher in the mt. Moon advises me to catch a Zubat for it is super strong... Which I runctantly do. Spending a training sesh with only Leech Life and no grass Pokemon in sight was long. Eventually I get to Cerulean City with team lv.16, some attempts on Misty show me I really have to meet Bill before having any chance at attacking faster than Starmie. In the meantime I get myself an Abra (long training sesh too). Misty gets her ass handed to her, Nidorino is stored to the PC (sad). Current team has Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Zubat, and Pikachu.

--badge 3--
    Pikachu and Zubat begin to show frail. Fortnately it is time to evolve Zubat. Besides nothing really special, 3rd gym is beaten easily with Kadabra. Other rules are in use: selling all the Rare Candies, not using TMs. I probably will skip the facultative areas such as East of Vermillon, too. And there begins the pain of HM slaves. Team has: Pikachu, Golbat, Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Charmander (Cut).

--badge 4--
    Sorry I keep editing this post since I am playing a lot this evening.
    Lots happen here, Pikachu learns Thunderbolt but I trade him for a Jolteon; ugh the moveset of Eeevee sucks so much and it is given at lv.25... I consider I have no more Electric moves, but in case I am in trouble I have Kadabra to cover up. Celadon gym is beaten with Pokemon raising to lv. 33. In the meantime I've backtracked and got myself a Butterfree to go through the cave, since Charmander can't learn Flash. So current team is Jolteon, Golbat, Pidgeotto, Kadabra, Charmander, Butterfree.

--Pokeflute & Snorlax--
    Didn't care to keep the bike in my bag so I'll cross the south of Lavender. Getting there wasn't too hard, only the Rock Pokemon of Giovanni gave me trouble since I wanted to battle them without the help of Kadabra. I'm getting a bit overlevelled. Regarding items, buying an Hyper Potion right after arriving in Saffron City was expensive. Good that I had stocked on Super Potions before. Item management is as bad as it gets in Red, so I just consume every HP Up that I can find, and store my TMs to PC. After a few missed attempts, Snorlax is captured for the kick of it. Actually I had completely forgotten Snorlax would block me and force me to do the Pokeflute arc. Rival is ridiculously undertrained.

--badge 5--
    Kadabra proved he could die fast vs. the wrong opponent during the crossing of the road but eh, he's completely wrecked Koga. I was very surprised to find trainers having Drowzee and Hypno in the gym... Proving they should have been typed Psychic/Poison. Other than that Pidgeotto evolved, current team is Pidgeot, Kadabra, Golbat, Jolteon, Charmander, Butterfree.

--New captures and Silph Co. quest--
    After getting Surf and Strength I can teach them to a Krabby, I also teach him Strength. I try to see how far I can go without doing the Silph Co. arc, and I get myself my Magneton finally. Meanwhile, the scientist from Cinnabar is done with my brand new Aerodactyl. After a bit of training, I am ready to try Silph Co. with my new friends, it goes well. Another addition to the team occurs: Jynx. Captured lv. 39, he's easy to train and deals massive damage with Ice Punch and Body Slam... Normally it should replace Pidgeot but I wonder about replacing Jolteon since I can't teach Jolteon Thunderbolt (TM) and it does not have Thundershock at least. Magneton could handle very well. Or maybe should I take on with a Beedrill? But the team members who stay for sure: Magneton, Jynx, Aerodactyl, Golbat, Kadabra, and of course my lil' Krabby as HM slave. Now ready to beat Sabrina.

--badges 6 & 7--
    Beating Sabrina's gym wasn't too hard, helped by Jolteon's Pin Missile and Golbat's Leech Life. In the end I complete the last battle on a superb Jynx vs. Alakazam, he's just spamming Recover until a Body Slam paralyzes him. Cake. Blaine is a tad harder though but eventually Kadabra and Magneton bring his Arcanine down. I'm currently lv.43 which is a bit weak compared to what awaits me. I'll try taking on Giovanni and rival as is. I've fixed my team choice for good, therefore the Elite 4 will be attempted with Jynx, Jolteon, Aerodactyl, Golbat, Kadabra and Magneton.

--Giovanni, rival, Victory Road--
    Jynx with Ice Punch and Jolteon with Double Kick, plow through the final gym without much effort. Even the lv. 50 Rhydon is brought down quite quick. I decide to beat rival without restoring my PPs at Pokemon Center, and it works quite well. The Bug attack in Jolteon and Golbat's movesets really do help. But rival's Alakazam is super tough not gonna lie. But I finally beat it. Time to train to even the team's levels. And wow! Victory road is tough! And my item bag is on the verge of exploding... Anyway thanks to the challenge's rule I only have to sell my remaining balls, buy a stock of revives and full restores and I'm ready to go. 20 of each and team lv.46... I'm not sure I can survive haha! Maybe I should buy more until I have 0 pokedollar left, because if I lose a battle that's whole my wallet that's lost. No I won't let it happen I'll just re-start game at each battle lost. Full team lv. 46.

--League 1st attempt--
    Results: I challenged myself to just go through all the E4 in one run with no checkpoints. Bruno and Agatha were cake but Lorelei and Lance gave me trouble for a while... In fact I kept mistakenly calling Magneton against Dragonair instead of Jynx. In-between I used items to heal HP. But the Champion battle is bonkers. The level gap is huge and I keep using all my items during the battle... Until the Tortank unexpectedly blasts Magneton. Battle's lost and I need to reset.

Last edited:

AussieJimmy

Jimmy
    Years
  • I have a question. Do we need to beat the Elite four a second time round after we do everything on the Sevii Islands. Or just the first time. Because technically, I did become the Champion already.

Back