• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

Years
  • I have a question. Do we need to beat the Elite four a second time round after we do everything on the Sevii Islands. Or just the first time. Because technically, I did become the Champion already.
    You don't have to beat E4 for the second time if I recall correctly. The first time is enough. Congrats on beating the challenge.

Anyway, it has been a while since I did this challenge, so let's set an impossible goal of beating each era in each gen (Gen VIII excluded) by the end of this year.

Let's start with Jurassic Jam.
    Username: Janp
    Game: Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Sapphire, Platinum, White 2, X and Ultra Moon
    Era: Jurassic Jam

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hi guys! Sorry I've been completely MIA from here for the longest time! A lot has happened and I've had to deal with A LOT of stuff. I will come up with stuff for Sword & Shield as well as soon as I have a day off.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    Hi i'd like to join:

Username: Sceptilefan304

Game: Ultra Sun

Era: Roman Era

Extra Rule: No Pokemarts, No Poke Pelago No Using unnessecery Pokerides (Charizard,Stoutland etc)

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Hi guys! Sorry I've been completely MIA from here for the longest time! A lot has happened and I've had to deal with A LOT of stuff. I will come up with stuff for Sword & Shield as well as soon as I have a day off.
    Quick note, the type images in the OP are broken, can you fix those?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Quick note, the type images in the OP are broken, can you fix those?

Yeah I noticed.

First post was fixed. Galar information added to every Era.

I hope there's no issues with any of the new additions, it's been a long time since I last played Sword & Shield.

Years
  • The Jurassic Jam Ultimate Challenge

meganium.gif

SUMMARY

Okay, I finally finished the whole Jurassic Jam Ultimate Challenge. I had a lot of fun with it, but I think I enjoyed Industrial Era one more. Mostly because of the selection of available Pokémon wasn't that interesting. But I still had fun. Hopefully none of Water-types I picked are not considered cute. Anyway, let's talk about each run separately...

Leaf Green

charizard.png
    butterfree.png
    kabutops.png
    ninetales.png
    kingler.png
    aerodactyl.png

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

This team was great, but it was the beginning of the problems I encountered later on much bigger scale. First, Water-types completely destroy this team. Then, since there is a lot of type overlap, I barely used Ninetales and Aerodactyl and Kingler. They were just sitting on my team and were waiting for either Charizard, Kabutops or Butterfree to faint, so they can also take their turn. But otherwise, this was pretty standard run.

Heart Gold

feraligatr.png
    slowking.png
    ariados.png
    heracross.png
    ledian.png
    magcargo.png

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

I decided to use rather "weak" Pokémon for this run, since this was the final run I did in this challenge. Three Bug-types might seem like a small overkill, but their secondary typing helped me a lot. Especially Heracross. But Heracross is overall great Pokémon. Magcargo on the other hand was disappoiting. Even with no other Fire-type on the team, I rather used Ledian than Magcargo against Grass-types and Heracross and Feraligatr against Steel-types. I don't think I even used Magcargo past Johto.

The battle with Red was surprisingly hard. His Pikachu was lucky enough to beat Heracross and Feraligatr with a Volt Tackles, which severely hindered my options for later. I somehow beat Venusaur and Charizard, but his Blastoise then took rest of my team out. I used my last Max Revive on Feraligatr just as Magcargo fainted (which was his biggest accomplishment in Kanto). I set up Swords Dance, while also throwing every healing item on Feraligatr and in the end, I was able to sweep Blastoise, Lapras and Snorlax.

Sapphire

swampert.png
    shedinja.png
    ninjask.png
    armaldo.png
    torkoal.png
    relicanth.png

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

This was pretty regular run. I barely used Relicanth, since Swampert is just better, but I enjoyed using both Ninjask and Shedinja.

Platinum

infernape.png
    bibarel.png
    gastrodon.png
    houndoom.png
    floatzel.png
    bastiodon.png

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Now this was boring run. Maybe I was burned out of playing Pokémon games at that point, but I had to force myself to finish this run. And because of that, I don't have much to say. I think I basically cleared most of the game with just Infernape, Bibarel and Houndoom and only ever used the rest when I had no other choice.

White 2

samurott.gif
    carracosta.gif
    jellicent.gif
    simisear.gif
    leavanny.gif
    scolipede.gif

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Once again, this was standard run. This is the gen when the typing is starting to be more interesting, so I had a lot of choices for my team. In the end, I'm satisfied with the team I ended up. Carrasosta was the MVP of this run, which is exactly what I expected. It is just so good.

X

greninja.gif
    aurorus.gif
    pyroar.gif
    barbaracle.gif
    vivillon.gif
    aerodactyl.gif

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

I was little sad, when I found out most fossils are locked behind post-game, but at least I could use Mega Aerodactyl. Surprisingly enough, I wiped on Siebold twice, because of his Clawitzer. Overall, Water-types were bane to this team. Greninja and Barbaracle usually couldn't deal with them fast enough and the rest of my team were weak against them.

Ultra Moon

incineroar.gif
    cradily.gif
    archeops.gif
    kabutops.gif
    bastiodon.gif
    aurorus.gif

Hall of Fame:
    Spoiler:

Now this is what I was waiting for. Team full of fossils. Completely unbalanced, but fun. Even Archeops, who is probably my least favourite fossil Pokémon, wasn't that bad in the end. I'm glad I picked Incineroar, since it balanced the team a little bit.

So, next up, I should do Ice Age runs. Just from looking at the allowed types, I can say I will end up with more interesting teams, since Ice and Rock-types aren't types I normally use. I also think I won't have to rely on starters that much this time.

Username: Janp
    Game: Fire Red, Heart Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, Y and Ultra Moon
    Era: Ice Age

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    This is a really creative challenge, I'm super tempted to try but I almost always stall right before the Elite 4 lol. Maybe once my schedule frees up I'll do one for HG/SS, I really liked those games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Name: Ahri
    Era: Ice Age
    Game: Sword/Shield(depends on which one I have no on-going games on)

Years
  • Username*: pumpkaboo92
    Game: red,crystal,emerald,pearl,black2,X,Sun,Shield
    Era: this is an idea I have. Egypt for Kanto, Greece for Johto, Sci-fi for Hoenn, westward expansion for Sinnoh, Industrial revolution for Unova, Midevil for Kalos, mobster mania for Alola, and India for Galar.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Username*: DarkChibimon
    Game: Gold
    Era: Starting with Jurassic Jam, than Ice Age, Stone Age, Bronze Age, Egyptian Era, Ancient India, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Medieval Era, Age of Discovery, Renaissance Era, The Pirate Golden Age, Industrial Revolution, Westward Expansion, The Progressive Era, Mobster Mania, The Sci-Fi Like Future, The Post- Apocalyptic Scenario, Time Rift

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I had a question. Are we allowed to play through these Eras using fan games and rom hacks, or is it only for the actual games themselves? And what about on randomizer mode?

Years
  • I had a question. Are we allowed to play through these Eras using fan games and rom hacks, or is it only for the actual games themselves? And what about on randomizer mode?

I think it's possible to do this challenge on fan games or on randomizer. You would have tweak rules a little bit, like choosing mandatory Pokémon for fanmade regions.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I had a question. Are we allowed to play through these Eras using fan games and rom hacks, or is it only for the actual games themselves? And what about on randomizer mode?

I mean, you can try then on fan games or randomizers but you'd have to work out your mandatory pokemon and whatnot. DO let me know how it goes! And have fun!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    Username: royalsnowangel
    Game: Soothing Silver (Soul Silver hack cuz i've been craving a spiced-up johto)
    Era: Mobster Mania

I already started playin, so i'll update once i beat the first gym

edit: i hit a point where i have to grind, and i've been putting it off ^^;;; will get to it, i just find grinding tiring

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Username: yogo896
    Game: Pokemon Platinum
    Era: Jurrasic Jam (altho lemme see if an ultimate is possible)

Back