• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • Long overdue with regards to an update but I figure I'll post it after these many weeks. For starters, my Electric starter was banned so after defeating my rival twice to ensure a Jolteon outcome and acquiring 5 free Pokeballs(because I'm cheap), I then catch my first partner in Valkyrie the Pidgey. After training him considerably, I boxed my starter and challenged Brock with just Valkyrie. Rock has the clear advantage over Flying Type Pokémon but unlike in FireRed and LeafGreen, Brock lacks a Rock move in RBY and Pidgey's Sand Attack is underrated. It was a long slog, particularly with Defense Curl prolonging things on Geodude but ultimately Brock fell.

After reaching Mount Moon, I caught my next companion in Rocky the Geodude. I know the nickname is shall we say cliche but I don't care all that much. I also acquired my third team member in Jason the Kabuto via the Dome Fossil before making it to Cerulean City wherein I unboxed Pikachu to acquire Freesia the Bulbasaur. After getting the Grass Pokemon, I boxed Pikachu again and grinded on Wild Pokemon, using Rocky's advantage over the wildlife to great effect. I breezed through Misty like a Grass Type through Water and did the same against my rival and all Trainers on Nugget Bridge and beyond. North of Nugget Bridge, I acquired my 5th Team member in Opal the Charmander.

After the short trek to Vermilion City, I boarded the S.S. Anne and proceeded to sweep it like a hot knife through butter. Afterwards I challenged Lt.Surge and swept him in short order. Must admit that Rock Types really do make that one sided lol. I then trekked to Rock Tunnel wherein Freesia thrived on the numerous Rock and Ground Type Pokemon before her.

Upon reaching Celadon City, I acquired a taste for Grass Type Pokemon, as did Opal and I had fun chewing through the various trainers. Before facing Erika though, I figured I'd get some more experience clearing out Rocket Game Corner and acquiring the Silph Scope. With that in hand, I backtracked to face Erika and proceeded to defeat her 3-0. With Rainbow Badge in hand, I cleared Pokémon Tower, using Rocky to deal with the Ghost Pokemon. Rocky's lack of speed did annoy me though but eventually I made it through. I then acquired the PokeFlute and slogged my way to Fuchsia City.

Upon arriving in Fuchsia, I acquired the Surf and Strength HM's before backtracking to Saffron to get some much needed training in Silph HQ. Upon defeating my rival, I acquired my final team member in Mipha the Lapras. I then proceeded to challenge Koga and Sabrina in succession with Valkyrie and Opal tackling each one respectively.

After a bit of grinding for Mipha's sake, I entered the Seafoam Islands and feasted on all the Water Types with Freesia. Upon reaching Cinnabar Island, I resurrected Jason and grinded him to match the rest of my team. Upon evolving into Kabutops, I challenged Blaine using the Rock/Water Pokemon to destroy Blaine handedly(1/4th resistance to Fire rules).

I then traveled North to challenge the final Gym where I used Mipha to sweep the entire field. From there I trekked to Victory Road where the Elite Four and my final rival bout awaited me. Jason swept Lorelei(Rock is so underrated against Ice in RBY), Bruno fell to a combination of Freesia and Valkyrie while Rocky, with a bit of help from potions I found, swept Agatha. Against Lance, Jason opened against his Gyarados before swapping to Mipha for the Ice sweep. Against Blue, I opened with Valkyrie to reduce his Sandslash's accuracy before swapping to Opal. Opal proceeds to crush his Sandslash, Alakazam and Exeggutor. To deal with Cloyster, I swap to Jason, who uses his advantage on Ice to great effect and then obliterates Ninetales afterwards. Finally, I swap to Rocky and deliver the final blow to his Jolteon to claim victory.

Not sure when I'll do my next Time Warp challenge but I could use a bit of a breather. Final team was all level 62+

Last edited:
    Years
  • Red Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #2 (Final Update)
    Spoiler:

The Final Team!
    Spoiler:

Final playing time: 16:07 (reached Pokemon League with 12:33, and entered league with 15:35)

That leaves one generation done and six to go. And on that note...

Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #4
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Time for next Era as they say.

Username: CodeHelmet
    Game: Yellow
    Era: Bronze

Planned Team: Sandslash, Magneton(mandatory), Kabutops, Charizard, Lapras and Gyarados. Hope to have this challenge done by next Sunday.

Also looks like I'll have to KO Brock with Pikachu seeing as nothing allowed is available at that point in the game. Misty is going to be a real pain though.... can't use Water Types against her and everything that is allowed is weak against her. Grinding is going to be nuts.

*Edit* So yeah... Misty was a royal pain in the %&$#^!#@#. I rarely ever black out against a Gym Leader but Misty is just... ugh!! I had to grind to like 25 on Charmander and Sandslash just to stand a chance against her fast as hell Staryu line. Brock went down as I noted above with Pikachu soloing him because I had to. I beat Misty on my 2nd attempt(I thought I had grinded sufficiently for the first battle but I was wrong). After that it was smooth sailing for the most part since I was so overleveled for S.S. Anne that I cakewalked over Sailors whom had a Type advantage. After defeating Lt.Surge I was able to use Water Types and hence had Gyarados ready to go. I caught Magnemite by Rock Tunnel and grinded him to match the rest of my team and made future Water Type battles all the more easier to deal with. Erika went down like it was nothing, as did Koga and Sabrina. I acquired Lapras and grinded her to match the rest of my team before surfing to Cinnabar and reviving my final member. Grinded him considerably before facing Blaine(cakewalk). Giovanni was swept by Gyarados and the Elite 4 and Champion fell in short order when my Pokemon were level 62+.

*Exhales* Bronze Age challenge complete

Last edited:
    Years
  • Y Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #5 (Final Update)
    Spoiler:

The Final Team!
    Spoiler:

Final playing time: 24:02 - I'd say that's around what my plays of this game tend to clock out at, so that's cool I guess. Haven't decided which generation I'll do this on next or whether I'll start something else up soon, but wanted to get this out.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Next challenge is Egypt Era

Era: Egypt

Notes: Only Mandatory Pokemon I can use is Golbat(other two are unobtainable). Planned Team will consist of Golbat, Butterfree, Primeape, Venusaur, Snorlax and Graveler. I should have this done by next weekend. Been a long time since I've had the chance to give Butterfree a run. Underrated Bug Type, even if they're outclassed in Generation 1.

Years
  • Ultra Moon Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Finished my Egypt Era run and it wasn't that hard for once. Butterfree crushed Brock(wish I could use Mankey but he's not allowed until after Lt.Surge) while Bulbasaur crushed Misty. Geodude made short work of Lt.Surge and Golbat swept Erika thanks to Leech Life(does x4 on her Grass/Poison types). Used Butterfree against Koga with Psychic getting OHKO's while Snorlax Body Slammed Sabrina's Psychic Types. Used Graveler against Blaine to sweep him aside, although I could have used my Snorlax seeing as it had Surf. For Giovanni, I used Snorlax since Surf or Water was more effective due to Nidoking and Nidoqueen's resistance to Grass.

As for Elite Four, this was Primeape's time to shine, although I used Snorlax against Jynx(darn Psychic Types). Bruno fell to a combo of Venusaur and Golbat. Butterfree swept Agatha with Psychic and against Lance, Snorlax was the Hyper Beam Steamroller. Against Blue, I opened with Venusaur to dispose of Sandslash before swapping to Graveler. Fortunately I survived a Psychic Attack and OHKO'd it with a STAB Earthquake. Swapped to Golbat for Exeggutor and then Venusaur for Cloyster. For Ninetales, Graveler went in and disposed of the Fire Type before taking down Jolteon for the win.

As for my next sign-up:

Era: India

Notes: Mandatory Pokemon for this Era is Arbok. Unfortunately, Ekans line is unavailable in my version unless I use Ditto Glitch to get it(which I'm not fond of doing). Therefore I feel a suitable replacement is Tauros since they revere the Cow in India and this Bull Pokemon is the closest thing Kanto has. Will post results of challenge by next weekend.

Last edited:

SanityStealer

Lilbluebox
    Years
  • I've a silly question for you. Can we use the gamecube games in any of these challenges? I miss the Orre region a lot, and by looking at these I think a few would at least be doable, if that's all right?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So my India challenge wasn't too bad. My team consisted of Pidgeot, Sandslash, Tauros(replacement for Arbok), Gyarados, Ninetales and Kadabra. My Electric starter was banned along with Poison and Fighting Types. That meant all Super Effective counters to Brock were off limits. Furthermore, Era rules required that I had to sell off most of my items before facing each Gym Leader. So all I had going for me was Pidgey and a single Potion when facing Brock. Fortunately Sand Attack is a really underrated in Generation 1(at least to me) and after reducing the accuracy of both Geodude and Onix, I whittled them down with Gust and Quick Attacks. Misty was not as easy with just Gyarados and Pidgey available. I had Sandshrew but he was a OHKO waiting to happen. Opened with Pidgey against Staryu and managed to win but fell to Starmie's Bubblebeam. Gyarados ended up finishing the match with Bite. As for Lt.Surge, Sandshrew cleaned his clock before making my way to Celadon and Erika. After some grinding, my Vulpix(with Kadabra backup) defeated Erika for the Rainbowbadge. Koga fell to Kadabra while Tauros and his insane speed gave Sabrina a dose of his horns. Gyarados swept both Blaine and Giovanni before making my way to the Elite Four. Lorelei was my biggest challenge as I lacked a Super Effective counter to her. I started with Tauros and used his power to KO Dewgong and Cloyster but fell to Slowbro's Psychic. Sent in Sandslash on a roll of the dice and managed to KO it with a STAB Dig. Tried to take on Jynx but her speed got the best of Sandslash. Went to Ninetales where her Flamethrower roasted it. Against Lapras I got it down to half HP before falling. Gyarados goes in and I Hyper Beamed for the win. I had one Max Revive left after making an offering prior to challenging the Elite Four so I revived Sandslash knowing I'd need him later.

Bruno was next and I opened with Gyarados before swapping to Pidgeot to KO his Fighting Types. I then did the unthinkable and took on his 2nd Onix using Sand Attack to remove Rock Slide from play. I then finished his Onix off before securing the win with the KO of Machamp. Agatha was easy: Kadabra in a straight sweep thanks to Psychic dominance. For Lance, I opened with Kadabra and got a lucky Critical Hit Psychic on his Gyarados. I then swapped to my own Gyarados and used Ice Beam to take down his pair of Dragonairs. For Aerodactly, I dodged a Rock Slide to KO it with Surf. Then it was Dragonite and I opened with Ice Beam that didn't take him out. He returns with a Thunder Attack that misses, making it easy for me to KO Dragonite for the win(No Full Restore from Lance hah!).

For the final battle, I had just four Pokémon left. All were tired and damaged so this made this fight an actual challenge as there was no room for error. I opened with Gyarados since his Sandslash stood no chance against it. One Surf and it's gone. Out comes Alakazam where a single Hyper Beam takes it down. Next is Exeggutor where Ice Beam does a number on him. After absorbing a Barrage, I finish it off with Ice Beam. Next is Cloyster and I open with Hyper Beam but it survives and finishes Gyarados off. Out comes Kadabra and I finish it off with Psychic. Next is Ninetales but it somehow outspeeds me and finishes Kadabra off. I'm down to two Pokémon but Sandslash, the one I revived for just this reason, comes in and takes down both Ninetales and his Jolteon to take the victory.

MVP of run is a toss up between Kadabra and Gyarados honestly. They're both OP for a reason lol. As for my next challenge...

Era: Ancient Rome

Planned Team: TBD

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Small update for Ancient Rome(from which I'll edit in final result). For starters, my Pikachu was banned so I opted to replace him with Nidoran(male) to obtain a Super Effective counter to Brock's Rock Types. Brock fell relatively quickly and I quickly made my way to Mount Moon with just my trusty Nidoran leading the way. I reached Cerulean wherein I used Pikachu to obtain my next team member in Bulbasaur. Currently grinding Bulbasaur for my battle with Misty.

*Challenge update*: Complete.

Bulbasaur made Misty incredibly easy once I got him to a sufficient level. Bubblebeam still hurt but Leech Seed makes things a bit easier. By the time I got around to Lt.Surge, I had evolved Nidoran into its final form of Nidoking that made his Gym a cakewalk. I caught an Abra as I made my way to Rock Tunnel and proceeded to train it the hard way(as opposed to using Daycare) to evolve it into Kadabra. After grinding Kadabra to match everyone else, I breezed through Rock Tunnel with Bulbasaur crushing all those before him. Erika was surprisingly simple with Nidkoking and Kadbara crushing the Grass Pokemon(since most are part Poison). I battled my way to Fuchsia where Kadabra made short work of Koga's Gym. For Sabrina, I was in a bit of a pickle as none of my present team was effective against her Psychic Pokemon. Fortunately, when clearing out Silph to access her Gym, I added my next team member in Lapras to my team. This gave me a strong Pokemon with a good Physical move in Body Slam to utilize against her Psychic Pokemon. After grinding Lapras to a sufficient level, I faced off against Sabrina and managed to sweep her Pokemon consisting of the Abra line. Thank god for 130 HP stat as they say lol. When I reached Cinnabar, I filled out the rest of my team with Growlithe(who can only be obtained here.... wish he was available earlier) and Kabuto. After grinding both to sufficient levels and evolving them, I faced off against Blaine with Kabutops rolling him easily. For Giovanni, I was sufficiently high enough level wise that Lapras rolled him with no issue whatsoever.

For the Elite Four, I opened with Kabutops against Lorelei and managed to destroy her 5-0. Only one that proved to be a real issue was her Slowbro due to not being vulnerable to Rock. Bruno was swept aside by Venusaur 5-0 since their Special stats are too weak to overcome its 100 SpA and Critical Hit Razor Leaf attacks. Agatha fell to Kadabra 5-0. For Lance, I opted to open with Kabutops to take down his Gyarados but it fell to his first Dragonair(Thunderbolt would do that). I then send in Lapras and proceed to breeze through him. Although Kabutops fainted, I'm able to revive him for the final battle. I open with Venusaur against Sandslash and I take him down quickly. For Alakazam, I opted to swap to Lapras and absorb a strong Psybeam. I then proceed to take it down with a good Body Slam that paralyzes it and finish it off with another. For Exeggutor, Ice Beam OHKO's it. Against Cloyster, I swap to Kabutops where I get an Aurora Beam that does virtually nothing thanks to Water resisting it. I finish it off with a x2 STAB Rock Slide. Up next is Ninetales and a good old Rock Slide KO's the Fire Pokemon. Finally its Jolteon and I swap to Nidoking where it falls to an Earthquake attack.

Signup for next challenge shall come shortly.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ultra Moon Ancient Greece Time Warp Challenge - Update #2

Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Signing up for next era as they say.

Era; Medieval

Planned Team: Nidoqueen, Machoke, Venusaur, Mr.Mime, Poliwrath and Dragonite

Going to be rough with just Nidoran to start but I get a 2nd Pokemon in Cerulean with Bulbasaur to take advantage of its Poison Typing. Going to change things up with Psychic types and go with Mr.Mime seeing as its obtained via in-game trade so training it won't be so hard. Machop is found prior to Rock Tunnel and the rest I get later on in the game. Although officially Water Types aren't banned, I have to grind Poliwag a lot to get it to where I can evolve it into Poliwhirl and ultimately Poliwrath to gain its Fighting Typing to make it legal. Plus I don't want to use Nidoqueen as a Surf slave. I'll have it done by this weekend.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Username: Pikachukid
    Game: Sapphire
    Era: Jurassic Jam

I pulled the lever and found myself spinning through a time-hole. I couldn't stay conscious through all of it. However, I saw my machine break into pieces before so. When I woke up I found myself in the land of the dinosaurs. I had to get back. Back to the future. Gotta get back to my own time. And the only way to do so is to find my time machine and figure out a way to get out of this Cretaceous Crisis I found my self in!
    After surveying the land I spotted an ALLOSARAUS (Treeko). We became friends through the power of Deus Ex Machina (to be referred to as DEM from now on). I figured early on that we couldn't make it alive alone so I used DEM to capture {I mean befriend} a PTERASAUR (Peeko).
    While exploring the woods I noticed something not of this land: Steel. I saw my destination and headed in that direction. Upon my arrival there was a heap of Dinosaurs that I had to fight. In this battle ALLOSARAUS seemed to grow in stature and ate the obstacles. He didn't devour, so much as ABSORBed them. With victory in my grasp, I grasped the first piece of many. I was one step closer to rebuilding my machine.
    ————————————
    Following this incident I went to explore a cave but found nothing of importance there. I dwelled in the cave and rested throughout the night. The following morning I trekked my way back where I came from, through the woods. Upon seeing a shore in the distance I had my ALLOSARAUS smash several trees down. We made a raft and floated our way to an island. A storm was brewing so we made haste and sought shelter inside a crevasse in the rocks of the island. When the storm passed a mob of Dinosaurs showed up. They had encircled a shiny metal object. It was of course the rear end of the machine; the most comfortable seat piece, and the butt of many jokes among my peers (for whatever reason). In this instance, PTERASAUR grew in stature and with one flap of his wings, he created a wind force strong enough to scare away the creatures. I now had the second piece of my time machine. We sheltered for the night as we had to rest after such a climatic battle.

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Chapter 2:
    We boarded the makeshift raft and sailed back towards whence we came. Upon reaching the shore I noted we were not in the same shore anymore. Regardless, we continued our trek. It was still early morning and the stars were visible. 65 million years difference or not I was positive I was heading north. About an hour later we reached the third piece of the machine. I could tell immediately because it was the battery. And it was on the fritz. Electricity was leaking rampant. I could shut it off but we'd have to get close. At first it was easy. However it spiked in intensity by an immense amount once we reached the battery. It took several tries but we managed to shut down the power. I'd lost consciousness many times throughout the ordeal but I needed to rest after all of the excruciating battle of endurance we'd just gone through.
    PTERASAUR had suffered even more, yet through the power of lazy writing he'd learned how to harness the power of electricity. It was quite a SHOCK WAVE.
    ———————————————————————————————-
    We continued north because we had nowhere else to go and the land stretched further in that direction. We came upon a volcano. More importantly we saw a camel whom I captured and named DeccanTRAPS (numel). I named him so because of the Indian volcanoes who supposedly wiped out the Dinosaurs. We passed through a pass and sheltered in a shelter. Volcanic ash covered the area. The volcano didn't seem active so we trekked our way to the peak. There, DeccanTRAPS got a meteorite stuck in him and he became fused with the volcano around him. What a SECRET POWER the meteorite became. It became volatile and angry and he spewed flames and fumes continuously. The land seemed to tremble from the MAGNITUDE of this fearsome cutey bubble of lava.
    We soon climbed down the volcano to discover an area full of white smoke. It appeared to be more mist than smoke produced by heat of the volcano. A giant tortoise appeared and seemed to be provoking DeccanTRAPS. He seemed to be attacking the area of his body infused with meteorite. DeccanTRAPS wiped out this creature with relative ease. From the mouth of the tortoise, a piece of the machine fell out. Bwaaah, he puked, with his tongue slabbing out at the end.
    ——————————————————————————————
    We became EXPLORERS OF THE land. We traveled far and wide. We became lost many times but we had a mental map in the end. We came across many lands and met with many dinosaurs. We came across one TITANOBOA (Seviper) and we included him into our group spontaneously. We came across a land of Giant Sloths who we will refer to as SLOTHODONS {I researched the matter after the adventure and Giant Sloths went extinct in the thousands of years ago, not the millions of years ago. Strange}
    In the land of the Sloths we uncovered another piece of the machine which we happily added to our collection. My PTERASAUR became large enough to board. We glided across rivers we couldn't cross before. The weather became crazy. We found a SAUROPOD camouflaged in the groves of the lush forest. We headed east and came across a herd of IGUANODONS. I captured one (Kecleon). We made a shelter for our very large group of very large reptilian, dinosaur, and our one flying non-dinosaur. Creating shelters has become a burden and it would be best to keep our group at its current number.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Forgot to post this last night but I finished the run. Nidoran easily disposed of Brock with Double Kick, although I find the female variant sorely lacking on offense when its best move is Scratch until it learns Body Slam as a Nidoqueen at level 23. Fortunately I was able to squeeze by Route 3 and Mount Moon to make it to Cerulean after catching a Clefairy to trade for Mr.Mime later on down the line. Acquired Bulbasaur and took down Misty after grinding to a sufficient level. After evolving Nidorina to Nidoqueen, Lt.Surge was a cakewalk with Thunderbolt neutralized. Mr.Mime crushed Erika and Nidoqueen used Earthquake to beat Koga(came close to falling from Venomoth's Psychic). For Sabrina, I used Dragonite's power to crush it. Poliwrath got its time to shine against Blaine and Giovanni. For the Elite Four, Machoke solo'd Lorelei, although I had to use Venusaur to take down Slowbro before it could use Amnesia too many times. Venusaur solo'd Bruno while Mr.Mime schooled Agatha. For Lance, I opened with Poliwrath and in a tit for tat slugfest managed to drop Gyarados to 25% HP before falling to a Hyper Beam. Dragonite avenged me and managed to take down the rest of Lance's Dragons with Ice Beam. For the final battle with Blue, Dragonite opened and crushed Sandslash, Alakazam and Exeggutor. Swapped to Machoke for Cloyster where after a couple Low Kick's it fell. For Ninetales, I swapped to Nidoqueen and KO'd it with an Earthquake. Jolteon fell to the same move to claim the win.

Next sign-up to come soon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Well time to sign up for next era.

Era: Renaissance

Planned Team: Ditto(Mandatory), Pidgeot, Gyarados, Venusaur, Mr.Mime and Charizard

Ditto is mandatory and won't be available until really late and likely won't be used sadly because of that. Meaning this run will be with five Pokémon and will have to solo Brock with just Pidgey and it's Sand Attack. While Magikarp isn't cute per se, I get around that with its evolution thanks to its Flying Typing. Misty might be a problem but Gyarados is a beast and I should come out on top. Lt.Surge, however, is the real problem with just Mr.Mime(and Charmander... whom technically isn't allowed until it reaches its final form) as my only viable options. Gyarados and Pidgey would fall relatively fast unless I grind like mad to where I get an attack off.

I'll hopefully have this run done by this weekend or the weekend after that. Looks to be a real test this time around heh. Depends on what Eevolution I want to face because if I go Flareon, Magneton is much easier to take down ;)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So I finished my Renaissance Era run and my very early run was different than I'm used to. I actually lost to my rival the first time around which meant that if I skipped the 2nd encounter I would get a Vaporeon outcome as opposed to Flareon. Seeing as I've never had the opportunity to face Vaporeon, I opted to pursue it for this run out of curiosity. I quickly caught Pidgey so I could box my starter and grinded it to level 18 to evolve it so that I'd have that extra pop when facing Brock. After surviving a few Tackles, I managed to dispose of Brock and claw my way through Route 3 and Mount Moon, obtaining Magikarp and Clefairy(whom I'd trade for Mr.Mime) along the way. At Cerulean, I raised Magikarp into a Gyarados and proceeded to face Misty with just 2 Pokemon as Clefairy was boxed until I could trade it. Opened with Pidgeotto and did well with the KO of Staryu but Starmie is just a beast with Bubblebeam. Got KO'd by a critical Bubblebeam and Gyarados had to come in and finish Misty off. I acquired Charmander and Bulbasaur post-Misty so that I could have a Cut user on-hand to challenge Lt.Surge(and the fact Bulbasaur would be valid after Lt.Surge). Cleared S.S. Anne, obtained Cut and went to go get Mr.Mime so I'd have an extra Pokemon besides x2 and x4 vulnerability to Thunderbolt. Raised everyone but Bulbasaur to level 30 and took on Lt.Surge with Pidgeotto out first. Did Gust and Lt.Surge opened with X-Speed. Did a Quick Attack and he KO's me with Thunderbolt. Throw out Gyarados and he outspeeds me and OHKO's me with Thunderbolt. Out comes Mr.Mime and I manage to defeat him with a strong Confusion Attack after absorbing a Growl Attack of all things. Honestly thought I was going to lose that battle but stupid AI prevails lol.

With Lt.Surge now done, Bulbasaur officially joins the crew and I had a major task of raising it to level 32. Afterwards, it had a swell time clearing Rock Tunnel before arriving in Celadon and clearing Erika's clock with Charmander and Pidgeotto. Then did Rocket Game Corner, Pokemon Tower, Silph, and Fighting Dojo before tackling Koga and Sabrina. For Koga, I opted to do Charizard as its speed was superior and its Flamethrower just shreds his Bugs(real shame in a way as he's more of a Bug Type Gym Leader than Poison in Yellow). For Sabrina, Gyarados swept her easily with the Physical power. At Cinnabar, I got Ditto but I wasn't going to spend the time to raise it. I should use it sometime but the fact its available so late and at level 18 no less really hurts its value. I then challenge Blaine and crush him with Gyarados. Same deal with Giovanni as Gyarados was immune to all his Ground moves and had enough speed to avoid Thunder and Rock attacks.

For the Elite Four, Venusaur and Charizard teamed up to take Lorelei down. Bruno, combination of Venusaur and Pidgeot. Mr.Mime sweeps Agatha and Venusaur tackled Lance's Gyarados before tagging out to my own with Ice Beam. For Blue, I opened with Gyarados where Sandslash, Alakazam, Exeggutor and Ninetales all fell to Surf, Hyper Beam, Ice Beam and Surf respectively. Up next was Magneton and hence I swapped to Venusaur where I took it down with Razor Leaf. Finally Vaporeon and Venusaur ate it alive to claim the win.

Next Era Signup

Era: Industrial Revolution

Planned Team: Jolteon, Primeape, Dugtrio(Mandatory), Gyarados, Ninetales, Kabutops

Thought about using Pikachu as I haven't used my starter in a long time but I can't use him until after Lt.Surge and that means all the early game Flying and Water fights where he shines... are alas out of play. Plus I haven't used an Eevolution in awhile and might be fun without a Kanto starter too.

Last edited:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • *looks back to my first comment on this post.... realises it was almost a year ago.... woops*

So it's been a while, but I haven't forgotten about this challenge. To make a long story short, I had a small break from the challenge, came back to it. And for some reason I thought grass was included in the allowed types for Jurassic Jam, so I started using Oddish/Gloom in my run through. Got basically all the way to the final gym before I realised :confused:
    So I took another break cause I was annoyed I would have to restart. BUT here I am, ready to tackle it again haha. Still doing Gen I Red version in Jurassic Jam. I picked up the Helix Fossil (again), and am on my way to defeat Lt. Surge to get my third gym badge!

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

Gym Leaders Defeated:
    Spr_Y_Brock.png
    |
    Spr_Y_Misty.png

Back