• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Distortion Black Reborn [Cancelled][For more info read last posts]

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
Years
  • Y3T3Un2.png

Pokémon: Distortion Black Reborn

Introduction:
    Hello Guys, Here is Nex a Austrian (Australian) Hacker,
    Im now hacking since a few years and this time I really want to show you guys what I can do!
    Like 2 years ago I released a hack called Pokémon Distortion Black wich wasn't really good to be honest but now Im back and with a remake of my old hack wich should fix everything up that the orginal one did wrong especially graphics.

Story:

sorry my english is not the best
    You find youreself in a weird place, everywhere are floating platforms and scary plants the place almost looks like the place as the legendary Distortion World wich has been rumored to exist.
    As you go deeper into this labyrinth of floating platforms you hear a weird cry of a pokemon..suddenly you wake up and realize that this all was a dream.
    Today is the day where you get your first pokemon as Prof. Pine promised you.
    As you go outside you already find Prof. Pine as he was looking for you. He gives you your first Pokemon and tells you that you should met him at his laboratory in Newlive Town because he is busy and still needs to finish up some things. As you go to the laboratory as soon as your enter it you see that Prof. Pine is not here. A scientist tells you that Prof. Pine went to you to give you your first Pokemon and didn't come back since then so you go to search for him...
    Outdated

Features:

~ Fully updated graphics
    ~ A New Region
    ~ Pokemon Generation 1-4
    ~ Missions (Not for the moment)
    ~ Side scrolling areas
    ~ Hopefully funny dialoge
    ~ Full costum soundtrack
    ~ Gen 4 P/S Split
    and too much things I forgot
    Screenshots:
    W0ZdlU0.png

do not use anything from this game and belive me if I will find you :)

Videos:
    Things might change in time, Tiles will be animated when the tileset is finalized

same as stated above

Team:
    Nex - Graphical Design, Spriter,Scripter, Mapping, Story etc.
    Darkzeta - Music insertion

Questions:
    When will be there a release?
    Probably not in a long time.

Is Pokémon Distortion Black dead?
    Yes definetly.

You haven't posted updates in a long time whats wrong?
    Probably Im just lazy and Im aint doing anything at the moment.

Is this Hack dead?
    If then I will announce that. Hopefully.

Release date plz?
    lol

Can I be beta tester?
    No chance.

Downloads:
    None yet :P

Credits:
    Gaia,Kyledove,Zeo,sl249,boomxbig,Saurav,Zein,alexm ad27,Red-eX,Hydragirium,Alistair, Alucus, Dewitty, EVoLiNa X, Minorthreat,nSora,speeddialga , Emerald - Tiles and Sprites
    Chaos Rush - For his awesome 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
    Alex - For his awesome titlescreen made in photoshop
    jiangzhengwenjzw - ASM
    Luna - Criticm that helped me
    Pabel - Inserting a Battle BG
    JJames19119 - Gen 4 Split
    diegoisawesome - DPP Font Patch, Skip Intro Controls Tutorial Patch,
    and all those guy out there who made the tools and write those great tutorials
    gJp2KCQ.gif

!There are still credits to be added as I forgot some, if I forgot you so please tell me !

Support Banners:
    None yet as of yet.

Thats it, I hope you guys like this romhack :)
    Old Version
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328947

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • This looks great. I just played through your old demo of this and wondering a few things. Will Pikachu will still be the starter again? And will we be seeing the physical attack and special attack move split? I do not believe it was in your old demo and you don't mention it under features. Almost all hacks have that nowadays.

Reactions: Nex

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • This looks sickkk! Can't wait to play
    1.%20smile.gif

Good luck on completing it!
    Thank you :)

This looks great. I just played through your old demo of this and wondering a few things. Will Pikachu will still be the starter again? And will we be seeing the physical attack and special attack move split? I do not believe it was in your old demo and you don't mention it under features. Almost all hacks have that nowadays.
    Thanks! I will switch to 3 pokemon starter selection again, as for the physical attack and special attack move split I dont think so, it was never in. And I wont even apply the mrds rombase \_(ツ)_/¯

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Looks cool Nex. I haven't checked out your previous hack, so I'll be going into this one with a clean slate. One thing I did notice, are the pals on the mountain. I think one of the shades are a little weird. There a lot of grey in them, and without intending for offense, the color of brown you've chosen looks unfitting. I think it'd do better than a brighter palette in a duller shade of brown. Also, I think you shouldn't share grass and tree pals on the same palette. Aesthetically, it'd look better that way in my opinion.

Other than that, I do like the miscellaneous tiles added here and there, and the mapping style is seemingly consistent! I'm not sure how I feel about the birds sitting in the trees, but that's solely my opinion :)

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • Looks cool Nex. I haven't checked out your previous hack, so I'll be going into this one with a clean slate. One thing I did notice, are the pals on the mountain. I think one of the shades are a little weird. There a lot of grey in them, and without intending for offense, the color of brown you've chosen looks unfitting. I think it'd do better than a brighter palette in a duller shade of brown. Also, I think you shouldn't share grass and tree pals on the same palette. Aesthetically, it'd look better that way in my opinion.

Other than that, I do like the miscellaneous tiles added here and there, and the mapping style is seemingly consistent! I'm not sure how I feel about the birds sitting in the trees, but that's solely my opinion :)
    First of all thank you and if you look at my old hacks you might throw up and I feel ashamed for most of them, and tbh Im really happy with my palletes atm and I actually have no plans on changing them and I cant really split the grass and the tree in a other pal I just dont have enough colors for that :/, and thanks you once again and tbh those birds needs adjusting, I appreciate your feedback FBI :) but I will let you definetly know if Im gonna change the pals (it could definetly happen in the future)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Anyway Guys I have a update, I suscessfully updated the battle interface :)
    ANJb5vN.png

EDIT:
    VKOjqKR.png

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Not sure I like the nature tiles you're using but I love your title screen, it's so smooth and uniquely different.

Reactions: Nex

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020
    I agree with hashtag /\..
    I also don't like your nature tiles that much. you should stick with one pal instead of different pal for trees(light green u used for most trees and dark also for some trees)..and this pal mixture in wild grass makes it more weird.
    So, use one color style in at least wild grass if u don't change tree pallet style.

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • I agree with hashtag /\..
    I also don't like your nature tiles that much. you should stick with one pal instead of different pal for trees(light green u used for most trees and dark also for some trees)..and this pal mixture in wild grass makes it more weird.
    So, use one color style in at least wild grass if u don't change tree pallet style.
    I will look into changing the grass ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    This looks beautiful really... I don't mind the broken English at all, as long as I can understand what you are trying to say.

The P/S split might be a deal breaker though. I'll still keep an eye out on the progress of this hack!

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • This looks beautiful really... I don't mind the broken English at all, as long as I can understand what you are trying to say.

The P/S split might be a deal breaker though. I'll still keep an eye out on the progress of this hack!
    P/S might be in in the future, lol deal breaker

Years
  • The hack looks very good.. but why wouldn't you implement the physical special split? Gen 3 classification of physical and special moves according to type is too restricting and make the battle less fun IMO..
    Anyways, good luck :)

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
  • The hack looks very good.. but why wouldn't you implement the physical special split? Gen 3 classification of physical and special moves according to type is too restricting and make the battle less fun IMO..
    Anyways, good luck :)
    I didn't say I dont consider implenting it, just not right now..and thanks!

Back