Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
36,563 posts
15.6 Years
I haven't seen this discussed much - but it just popped into my head as I was casually thinking about the games.

When new Pokémon are added to your dex, you're given a page of information about that Pokémon, which includes its dex entry. Do you read this for each new capture (or at all)?

ReKoil

Male
Netherlands
Seen 20 Minutes Ago
Posted 21 Minutes Ago
16,410 posts
1.9 Years
Yes. Always. I sometimes accidentally skip through it and then I'll look it up in the PokeDex manually.

Trade Shop | My HA pokemon trade sheet. | My Shinies. | My VPP.
Krookodile @ Level 100: 13,528 | Emboar @ Lv 100: 16,243

Shooting Star

breaking the mold ~

he, they
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
4,426 posts
1.4 Years
I usually kinda skip it, but I do like the splashes of lore they give.

I guess it's because I usually don't really catch a lot of Pokemon and I'm used to playing on turbo, I guess.

Devalue

Any pronoun
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
4,913 posts
1.3 Years
Reads the full entry for Pokemon added in a new region. Includes regional variants. Skips it for everyone else.

Might stop reading entries upon reaching postgame, though. Enters completionist grinding mode.
Current Virtual Pokemon Pet: Froslass
Level 100 at 5030 posts
VPP Tag Team with Fairy: Politoed
Level 100 at 4754 posts

Game Journal Thread
Most Recent Entry: Knights of the Old Republic 1
Flying the flag for Portugal in the 2022 PokéCommunity Eurovision Event!

Sheep

She/Her
Australia
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
36,563 posts
15.6 Years
I actually surprised myself recently after realizing I skipped through them, when I tend to read through pretty much anything else (and even do things like trying to talk to every NPC I find). I guess it’s because I’m too used to clicking through the dex and continuing on with gameplay..? My mind tends to autopilot right after captures. :x Going to try to be more conscious of it when playing the next set of games!

Slardar

From the Deep.

Non-binary
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,733 posts
8.8 Years
I do read them if they are interesting if not then I mostly skip them.
♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ |