• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bird pokemon good or bad?

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
Years
  • Warning opinions
    Bad I Hate rowlet love piplup and think torchic is bland
    if I were to rank every bird pokemon first would be pidove and last would probably be rowlet (no offense rowlet fans Ik you exist I saw the tier lists) each one is a bird with no insperation except for piplup who is cute.Torchic is a chicken chick How Creative.
    Rowlet is a owl And only a owl literally NOTHING is different it's not cute its not cool Its weird.No its not even weird its just normal.
    and then we have piplup . I found a website that says what starter pokemon is the cutest starter and piplup was num 1 so I think that explains it all.

the end

next time I shall talk about gen 2

pkmin3033

I ADORE bird Pokemon...well, except for Hawlucha and the Doduo line, which have no right to exist. But as a keen birdwatcher who grew up with David Attenborough documentaries, Flying-type Pokemon are amongst my favourites! I mean, there is some varying quality in design to be sure, but the same can be said of all types, and I like how bird Pokemon are often an amalgamation of several species of bird, or are a species of bird with their own unique take and colour scheme, rather than just a Pokemon version of that animal, as many mammalian Pokemon are.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I like them. I love Honchkrow and Swellow mostly while I don't like Sigilyph (I don't know if that thing counts as a bird tho). Piplup is also very cute and my favorite starter. I think Doduo, Dodrio and Psyduck are underrated even for Kanto Pokémon. I don't like Staraptor and Unfezant for some reason they may be the only regional birds I don't like. Skarmory is also in the "ehh..." list.

Years
  • I love a good bird pokemon, Pidgeot is one of my fav pokemon.

I always have to have a bird pokemon in my squad and usually the regional bird from that gen, bravery, flametalon and corvknight are also brill pokemon

Afi

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2020
    Don't really like Pidove but love its final evolution Unfezant

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I love Staraptor, Talonflame, Corvikinight, Swanna, Braviary, and Swellow. Flying is my favourite type and I love the vast majority of bird pokemon, with the exception of Spearow and Fearow.

lFD12R.gif

I also find the Toucannon line to be a tad underwhelming.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Hawlucha, Togekiss, Corviknight, Skarmory and Pelipper are great bird Pokémon competitively. Gen 7 made Pelipper viable because of Drizzle and established access to Hurricane, while Hawlucha can take advantage of some Max Moves and all the Tapus' Abilities to summon Terrains.

Staraptor is an honourable mention with very good physical Attack and Speed, backed by moves like Close Combat and Brave Bird, although it was stuck in BL for ages.

Talonflame was also terrific back in Gen VI because of it's Hidden Ability; Gale Wings. Brave Bird was a crazy move to exploit with Gale Wings, giving it an auto-win if used correctly. Unfortunately, that Ability got nerfed hard in Gen VII, so Talonflame fell from grace and hasn't recovered since.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm not big into the more "vanilla" bird Pokemon out there, but I love Skarmory, Togekiss, Honchcrow, Decidueye, Altaria, and Talonflame quite a bit! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I'm extremely into bird pokemon (and real birds, as I am a birder). Even basic ones like Noctowl, Fearow or Toucannon and other underrated ones like Chatot; I also love Normal Farfetcht'd (a birb who has only gotten in the spotlight because of its galarian form it seems). I did a run of Sun where I used all birds available at the time, including legendaries and almost-birds like Spritzee, porygon, golduck, togekiss, sigilyph (either in story mode or for repeats of the league)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well when someone says bird Pokemon instantly two categories appear in my mind. The first are bird Pokemon with the flying type attached and the second are Pokemon that are birds but aren't flying type. Most of the Pokemon that are birds and flying type generally aren't good. They tend to be frail and they tend to be normal type as well. It results in a generic looking bird with a boring typing, a boring movepool, and can't take many hits. Of course there are exceptions like Skarmory and Honchkrow due to them not having the dreaded normal type as another typing. The second category of bird Pokemon without the flying type seem to fair much better. I can't really complain when it comes to Pokemon like Blaziken and Empoleon.

Years
  • I'm similar to fairy, though there are a few basic/vanilla birds I like (like pidgeot). But the ones I love are the more 'fancy' ones, like skarmory, honchkrow, and etc ❤️

Back