• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • D.Gray Man Hallow - This is turning dark.
    DGMH is probably my biggest surprise of this season. I was quite disappointed with the art style and the cast in the first episode. But I somehow grew accustomed to them. Paradoxically, probably because Lenalee, Levi and Miranda aren't that prominent. Don't get me wrong, I love Lena, but her facelift was too radical =D (And little personal, ROAD IS CUTE!)
    And most important... it's freaking continuing the plot! I'm seriously enjoying it more than I though =D
    Not to mention dem OP and ED.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Ange Vierge and Qualidea Code. The former is very predictable and typical of the normal card game magical girl shows. The latter is starting to all-in into the cyberpunk dystopian genres, with off-beat high school comedy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Finished first season of Major, really good sports show. I was a bit disappointed in the outcome of the final match, but the character story was still really good. I started the second season now, and not really satisfied with yet another underdog team, but once again, the drama and the character story is fantastic.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I just started watching Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (Sunday without God) last night. I was in the mood to watch something depressing and noticed that it was suggested on another site. So far it's interesting. I'll have to get a few more episodes in before I decide to finish it or not.

This is the MAL link
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/16009/Kamisama_no_Inai_Nichiyoubi
    It wasn't THAT depressing...
    I mean... there's an uber cute loli =D

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • It wasn't THAT depressing...
    I mean... there's an uber cute loli =D

I agree, it's not really depressing at all! My quest for the ultimate sadness continues....
    I'll probably finish watching this show though :P the concept is actually pretty interesting and theres only a few episodes left.

Do you have any sad/depressing anime recommendations? I've watched a lot of the well known ones so maybe something a little more obscure? :)

Years
  • I'm currently watching Re:Zero and both of the Danganronpa 3 arcs. Oh and Bananya just for funsies~ But dang Re:Zero is 3 episodes from ending and I'm just like...how are they going to wrap up the story. I fear it getting rushed...like what happened with Charlotte. Uwah. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I agree, it's not really depressing at all! My quest for the ultimate sadness continues....
    I'll probably finish watching this show though :P the concept is actually pretty interesting and theres only a few episodes left.

Do you have any sad/depressing anime recommendations? I've watched a lot of the well known ones so maybe something a little more obscure? :)
    I was depressed at how bad Aku no Hana was but really depressing anime...
    Probably no, they don't usually have cute girls =D

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • I was depressed at how bad Aku no Hana was but really depressing anime...
    Probably no, they don't usually have cute girls =D

I had heard that Aku no Hana was a bad anime, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. The manga was amazing so I'm surprised the anime got so much hate.

Haha there are definitely fewer cute girls in the depressing ones. :P

Years
  • I have just finished Charlotte and wow that series was amazing :o

Generally I felt that mainstream anime were overrated such as Naruto but I decided to try Attack on Titan (subbed) and im enjoying it so far im up to episode 18 so far and my favourite character is Sasha ever since her introduction i fallen in love with her immediately.

Years
  • I've yet to watch anything new since my last post here. Got sidetracked all week with other stuff and haven't bothered watching Sunshine! yet. I will be starting The Devil Is A Part-Timer for the watch-along, though.

I had heard that Aku no Hana was a bad anime, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. The manga was amazing so I'm surprised the anime got so much hate.

Haha there are definitely fewer cute girls in the depressing ones. :P

Aku no Hana is regarded as "bad" because rotoscoping was used to make it and that made the animation not visually appealing to a lot of people who are into anime.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Going to try to finish up Adventures of Sinbad on Netflix today. Been holding off on it for awhile now.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • currently rewatching the OG Yugioh Seasons 1-5. Almost finished w/ Season 2. I really love the first couple seasons of this series.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Just finished the original Dirty Pair series and started with the OVA. Gonna watch the movie after that before I begin with the more recent Dirty Pair Flash series from the 90's.

Sometimes I just really like older anime. And this one's a gem in my opinion.

Back