• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    The fact I struggled to even finish the first episode is proof enough I won't like the rest of what this series has to offer.

Most shows do get better after time, but I've never seen a bad first episode that was so bad I could barely finish it turn into something solid.

And the fact Hypno up there said he's a fan and still has issues with two of the main characters and speculated it's about the action... Yeah, all but confirmed my worst assumptions about it too.

Your hero explanation at least makes sense though, so there's that. I personally just don't think they really utilized their concept too well. To me, it actually comes across just as they wanted their own One Punch Man franchise, to tap into that market, nothing more.

Last edited:

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
    Years
  • I, uhh, tried watching the Persona 5 anime and was rather disappointed with it a few episodes in. I might force myself through the rest at a slower pace but right now I just can't seem to get behind what they're doing with it.

To contribute to the MHA discussion(and as something I'm currently watching and enamored with) - I think the creativity is there, however, on the surface it can definitely be dismissed as 'just another shounen'. The pacing is phenomenal, the world building is all there, and the action shots are, imo, some of the most creative I've seen from an anime in a very long time.

That aside, I'm patiently awaiting a Mob Psycho 100 season 2.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I, uhh, tried watching the Persona 5 anime and was rather disappointed with it a few episodes in. I might force myself through the rest at a slower pace but right now I just can't seem to get behind what they're doing with it.

Oh God, I forgot about that train wreck. Play the game of Persona 5, never watch a 26 episode A1 adaptation of it.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Decided to get back into Detective Conan after playing the collab with Granblue Fantasy a few weeks back. Unfortunately, since it's been a few years I really don't remember where I stopped watching so I decided to jump back in the late 100's.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
  • Although it's been a while since I last finished an episode, I've still been watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It's been quite a fun series and I have just a few episodes left.

Back