• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Z-Move for Lycanroc revealed

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • tumblr_inline_ow9559NHxF1r4eg07_540.png

So, like the other launch Mystery Gift events (such as X/Y's Torchic and S/M's Munchlax) it looks like this Rockruff, and to an extent Dusk Lycanroc can only be male. Nature seems like it'll be random like the previous events of its kind.

Has a different elemental fang based on version - Fire Fang in Ultra Sun and Thunder Fang in Ultra Moon.

I ran IV calcs on both Rockruff and here are the results:

Fire Fang Rockruff:

#744 Rockruff [Quiet]
    IVs: 30, 31 / 10 - 19 / 20 - 29 / 0 - 9 / 0 - 9 / 10 - 19
    Stats at Lv.10: 32 / 19 / 15 / 12 / 13 / 16

Thunder Fang Rockruff:

#744 Rockruff [Brave]
    IVs: 20 - 29 / 10 - 19 / 20 - 29 / 10 - 19 / 10 - 19 / 10 - 19
    Stats at Lv.10: 31 / 20 / 15 / 12 / 14 / 16

Given that all Pokemon (excluding baby Pokemon) in the undiscovered egg group have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs, this isn't the case with this Rockruff, meaning that there's a possibility it can breed. It can go 1 of 2 ways:
    -the babies will have Own Tempo and the ability to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc
    -the babies will be your run of the mill Rockruff with Keen Eye or Vital Spirit and evolve into Midday/Midnight Lycanroc depending on the time/version.

Anyway, the Fire Fang Rockruff cemented my choice for getting Ultra Sun first. Thunder Fang isn't that useful because it doesn't hit anything noteworthy that Stone Edge can't.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Given that all Pokemon (excluding baby Pokemon) in the undiscovered egg group have 3 guaranteed perfect IVs, this isn't the case with this Rockruff, meaning that there's a possibility it can breed. It can go 1 of 2 ways:
    -the babies will have Own Tempo and the ability to evolve into Dusk Lycanroc
    -the babies will be your run of the mill Rockruff with Keen Eye or Vital Spirit and evolve into Midday/Midnight Lycanroc depending on the time/version.

I have to say, interesting calculations. It does look like it'll possibly be able to breed, but as for what the offspring gets, I'm probably expecting it to be the second one more since Game Freak is trying to make the Dusk Lycanroc feel more exclusive.

So in a nutshell, my guess is the babies will only be your standard Rockruff that evolves into Midday/Midnight form Lycanroc, though I think the evolution mechanic will stay the same - Midday in US and Midnight in UM.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Fire Fang or Thunder Fang?

Fire Fang hits Steel, Bug, Ice and Grass. Lycanroc learns Brick Break to hit Steel and Rock moves cover Bug and Ice. It does big damage to Ferrothorn though.

Thunder Fang hits Water and Flying. Flying is covered by Rock moves leaving just water with Gyardos and Pelipper being hit hard.

If only Lycanroc learnt Ice Fang. It would give some solid coverage against dragons.

Hopefully the event Rockruff breeds more Own Tempo Rockruff but I feel it may be unbreedable like Ash-Greninja.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Fire Fang or Thunder Fang?

Fire Fang hits Steel, Bug, Ice and Grass. Lycanroc learns Brick Break to hit Steel and Rock moves cover Bug and Ice. It does big damage to Ferrothorn though.

Thunder Fang hits Water and Flying. Flying is covered by Rock moves leaving just water with Gyardos and Pelipper being hit hard.

If only Lycanroc learnt Ice Fang. It would give some solid coverage against dragons.

Hopefully the event Rockruff breeds more Own Tempo Rockruff but I feel it may be unbreedable like Ash-Greninja.

Knowing GF, no doubt we won't be able to breed Own Tempo Rockruffs. They wouldn't want fans to get it any other way apart from event.

Years
  • I do feel that Lycanium Z will be found in the game since not only can all forms of Lycanroc use the Z-move, the special distribution Rockruff will come with a Focus Band. This means that the Z-crystal will be found in-game.

Years
  • Pokestar is right. If the Lycanium Z (I think that's what it's going to be called) was a held item on the event Rockruff, it wouldn't have been fair to people who were only able to get a normal Rockruff in the wild. It's pretty much confirmed to be obtainable in the main game and not exclusive to an event like the Snorlium Z.

Back