• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Accepted

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
What are some of the most challenging aspects of your current writing projects?

Probably coming up with everything and making it all fit in.
Like, even though I have the plotline figured out for most of the mains there's still a lot more to cover and all. I'm at the skeleton of what is supposed to be a fully fleshed out work and all. It takes a lot of thinking and comparing to see if I can not just get the logic to work but also the timelines.

That, and writing the damn thing.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Deciding which character should have a point of view and which should not, deciding whether to write a prologue or not to, building character arcs, and building an interesting world.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Making sure my prose doesn't have awkward phrasing every three sentences. That's my most worry in all of my stories.

Choreographing the battles. Lately, the battles in Foul Play gets more complex, so I always list off the moves and action first before writing those out in prose. Just now I finished a 1 vs 2 person battle that will be in a future chapter. I'm also trying to figure out how to get some ideas for this upcoming arc I'm in work.

Years
When it comes to The Stairway to Heaven, the hardest thing for me is honestly the sheer volume of characters. For the humans, it's not really a problem. The issue is giving all the different Pokemon, especially those that reoccur, distinct and interesting personalities.

For my comic project, a lot of the trouble I have comes from working in a medium I'm not very familiar with. It makes putting the story together a bit trickier than for ordinary prose. I'm managing though :')

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
What are some of the most challenging aspects of your current writing projects?

Restraining them.

Every time I want to write something, it tends to grow quite past the original idea, usually backwards in time or at least in development, as more elements and definition to the plot / characters are added. It is difficult to stop and by the time I do I have to end up cutting content and fixing around things if I ever want to get the thing published, even worse when under a deadline such as a contest.

And, end of all things as others have mentioned,

actually writing the damn thing.

SorveteQuente said:
, and building an interesting world.

I could help with that I hope.

Back