• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Shun adjusted his headphones. "Um . . . Pokémon are just easier. People are . . . complicated." He said, while she then turned away. Kathy stepped forward.

"It is only natural of course," Kathy said, with a more serious face. "We can not fully understand other people, Herr Shun. We can try, but, we can only grasp little by little."

"Pidgeo?" Her Pidgeotto pondered.

"Take my papa for example," Kathy then said. "He...he's a horrible father. But...he is a worker. I...I could not understand z'at when I was younger, but...then I found out, what is z'ere to understand? Ignorance may not be alluring, but...he was still my papa. Z'at's all."

Kathy then became silent. She looked on toward the ground, until she slowly went back up. "Oh, but listen to me ramble on -- I must apologize," she stated. "BUT. ISN'T THIS HIKE EXCITING?!The dirt on our shoes...the sun blazing along the trees...ah, this will be grand."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pewter City
    Forsaken Past

Kathy stepped up beside me. "It is only natural of course," Kathy said, with rather serious expression. "We can not fully understand other people, Herr Shun. We can try, but, we can only grasp little by little."

"Pidgeo?" Kathy's Pidgeotto chirped.

"Take my papa for example," Kathy continued. "He...he's a horrible father. But...he is a worker. I...I could not understand z'at when I was younger, but...then I found out, what is z'ere to understand? Ignorance may not be alluring, but...he was still my papa. Z'at's all."

I glanced at Kathy, whom was now silent and staring at the ground. A happy eccentric like her with a sad past and pathetic family? Yeah, right. Although . . . I couldn't help but ponder the thought for a moment. Kathy slowly raised her head once more and spoke, but I wasn't very focused on her words.
    "Oh, but listen to me ramble on -- I must apologize," she stated. "BUT. ISN'T THIS HIKE EXCITING?!The dirt on our shoes...the sun blazing along the trees...ah, this will be grand."

"That's . . . no excuse," I muttered, still staring off into the distance. "He may be your father, but that's no excuse for acting horrible. In fact, it should be the very reason that he should not act horrible," I also couldn't help but think about my own family while speaking. "That's why . . . that's why I have forsaken my father, and my brother . . . and the rest of society at that."

After a moment, I registered what Kathy had said a minute before. "Grand? Hmph, if you think so." I noticed that Roswell was staring at me with concern, and I managed a small smile, but it was a false assurance and didn't last very long.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Um . . . Pokémon are just easier. People are . . . complicated," he responded, looking away. There was nothing to look at though, making her think that he didn't feel comfortable.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk then," she mumbled out, looking away as well. "So much for making friends."

"Elgy!" Roswell pointed in the direction that I was looking, knowing very well what I was doing and doing his best to play along. 'Oh, so now Shun AND his Elgyem are seeing some invisible force. Now I feel hurt,' she thought, looking down at her feet as she adjusted her winter hat. It was then that Kathy started talking.

"It is only natural of course," Kathy said, with a more serious face. "We can not fully understand other people, Herr Shun. We can try, but, we can only grasp little by little," she explained. 'Why does everybody think that? We pokemon and humans are alike. Now they're saying we are all not alike. Well....can't blame them. They didn't suffer like I did,' Stephany disagreed with the two trainers, Pawniard doing the same.

"Take my papa for example," Kathy then said. "He...he's a horrible father. But...he is a worker. I...I could not understand z'at when I was younger, but...then I found out, what is z'ere to understand? Ignorance may not be alluring, but...he was still my papa. Z'at's all."

"Yeah," she spoke, finally able to agree on one thing with Kathy. 'Even so, he's your father though. Why think negative? Why go personak on his life? Wouldn't you hate it if somebody asked about your personal life?' she started to get negative without realizing it. She crossed her arms, leaning on one foot as she payed attention to their conversation.

Kathy then became silent. She looked on toward the ground, until she slowly went back up. "Oh, but listen to me ramble on -- I must apologize," she stated. "BUT. ISN'T THIS HIKE EXCITING?!The dirt on our shoes...the sun blazing along the trees...ah, this will be grand."

'What? Why change the subject? Great.....boring stuff now,' she mentally whined. It was then Shun spoke his opinion, which was unique, yet different.

"That's . . . no excuse," Shun muttered, still staring off into the distance. "He may be your father, but that's no excuse for acting horrible. In fact, it should be the very reason that he should not act horrible," he added on, yet pausing in the end for pondering. "That's why . . . that's why I have forsaken my father, and my brother . . . and the rest of society at that."

"At least your father didn't die....," Stephany mumbled, playing with her bangs.

"Grand? Hmph, if you think so." Roswell was staring at Shun with concern, but he managed a small smile. That smile went away fast though. Stephany grew even more curious, yet shut her mouth since Shun wasn't very social.

"I just came since I was invited. Thought I could talk to somebody here, but I don't know," Stephany answered Kathy's question, wanting to get some attention. "I'm not the kind of person who likes to get dirty much, but just watch nature and stuff."

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pewter City
    Tread Carefully

[h2][/h2]

"At least your father didn't die....," I heard Stephany mutter as she listened in on my conversation with Kathy. As soon as she said it, an extremely menacing scowl crossed my face for the slightest moment, and I guess it was a good thing that I was facing away from the others.

"YEM!!" Roswell practically shouted at Stephany. He knew that she was treading on dangerous grounds there, as he was there when my mother was killed. I could feel Gaia's Pokeball shake a bit as he sensed that I had become upset. I placed a hand on the Pokeball to keep it from opening, and it immediately stopped shaking.

"No, my father didn't die," I said, my voice practically void of emotion. "But my mother did." I walked over to a bench near the gym and sat down, Akiko on my lap and Roswell sat next to me. In the back of my mind I wondered if the woman from the gym had listened to our entire conversation, and I kind of hoped that she hadn't. Either way, I was done talking now, so I began to play some Three Days Grace on my headphones as I sat with Roswell and Akiko.

"I just came since I was invited. Thought I could talk to somebody here, but I don't know," I barely heard Stephany say. "I'm not the kind of person who likes to get dirty much, but just watch nature and stuff." I turned up the volume of my music, attempting to drown out the others' voices.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "YEM!!" Roswell yeled at Stephany, who was hurt yet angered right away. She contained her anger, knowing that when she explodes, she's capable of even harming a friend. Pawniard quickly jumped in front of her, ready for a fight with the alien creature. He didn't tolerate anybody use a tone like that on Stephany.

"No, my father didn't die," Shun said. "But my mother did." Afterwards, he walked over to a bench near the gym and sat down,the Pichu on his my lap. She felt angered even more, but calmed down.

"Looks like I made a new enemy," she told herself, Pawniard growling. "But.....I learned something new." She then turned to face Pawniard, not caring if anybody heard. Kneeling down, she hugged her Pawniard. "I just wish my father didn't die," she whispered to him. Realizing what was happening, she walked to the corner of the gym, the one farthest from the others, and continued her speech. "You're the only one I got to remind me of him. Nobody knows what I've been through, nor the bullying and nearly the murder that somebody attempted...but I...I don't know....maybe others suffered more," she spoke to Pawniard, who hugged her back. She started to silently tear up, not wanting anyone to notice.

"Pawn," he understood what she meant. Gothorita poked her head out, agreeing. Hoothoot was still asleep, Gothorita grabbing him to wake him up. She wiped her tears away.

"Don't want anybody seeing this-Oh wait it's too late-I mean don't want anybody seeing me break down so...I need to grow up and accept the past." Standing up, she faced Shun and Kathy that were pretty far away. "Guess Shun suffered the same, except vice versa."

"Goth....o?" Gothorita asked, confused.

"I mean like....I hated my mom and sister, right? He hates his father and brother. I lost my father, who I loved. He lost his mother, who he probably loved from how he said it. Then comes Kathy.....who...I don't know much about.....but from what I can tell...she's hiding something from her past too." After a while, she paused and thought about it. 'I tried to make a friend and look where it got me. Guess fate is trying to prevent me from making bonds. No matter....better not having them since she's going to have to face them anyway,' she thought. She wanted to talk to somebody, apologize to Shun for reminding him of the past, and ask questions to Kathy to know her more. Problem is, nobody was in the modd to talk, Shun was probably now angry and was going to ignore her, and Kathy was....she doesn't even know herself. Guess she's going to sit in the corner, wait for something to happen.

However, all of a sudden, her Hoothoot heard everything, and dashed over towards Kathy and Shun. Gothorita didn't want to get out her bag from shyness, and Pawniard let him be since he wasn't interested. Stephany, on the other hand knew, and was terrified. She looked away, not wanting to know what her bird was going to do. Dashing over to Kathy, it wanted to get her attention but saw the Pidgeotto that brought him horrible memories, and thus scurried off. When he went to meet Shun, he stopped in front of Elgyem. He turned his head and gazed at the bird with wonder. He never saw such a pokemon before. Eventually, the bird forgot what it was going to say and spaced out.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pewter City Gym

Hakon wasn't feeling well. He wondered how his stomach could have begun revolting so soon after breakfast. Something he ate must have been bad. But it was hiking day today! With the new Master Quest trainers. He had to go. He finished getting dressed, Geodude hovering beside him with concern on his rough face, and then the gym leader stepped down the stairwell in the gym and exited the building. Tyreene was standing right outside it, the two Doduos next to her as well of a couple of trainers. Hakon was just about to smile and greet them all... when a horrible revulsing sensation struck him and he quickly ran back inside the gym again. Something, anything... a wastebasket!

The noise when he threw up could be heard to the outside. Tyreene lifted an eyebrow as the now pale gym leader came out from the gym entrance again.

"Master, are you feeling well?" she asked casually.

"Uh..." Hakon's glance went from her to the trainers and then back. "I... Yeah. No. I don't know why. I just... think I'm sick. I'll have to take a pill and some water before the-"

"If you are feeling unwell, you should better stay at home."

"But I-"

"I can handle the hike well on my own and you can meet with the trainers afterwards. I have some villagers and gym trainers joining us that have been on this trail before."

Hakon sighed. He looked at the trainers again. "I am terribly sorry. I'd been looking forward to this. Please enjoy the nature without me and we'll meet lat-" another strange sensation of nausea struck him and he simply waved at the trainers and nodded at Tyreene before running back inside.

"Geo... dude," his pokémon said, seemingly bowing towards the trainers, then giving Tyreene a strangely dark stare before following Hakon in.

Tyreene turned back towards the three Master Quest trainers. Some other people had now joined them outside the gym as well. Some were just there to see the new competitors off, others would join the hike themselves. The trainers had been chatting for a while and seemed to have made each other upset. At least two of them. The third was still as cheerful as ever, it seemed.

"Swell. It seems like the gym leader Hakon isn't feeling well today... as you could obviously see. We will however be going without him. Everybody ready? Follow me!"

((OOC: You are of course allowed to make POV posts on the above text. But then, I will suddenly use my GM powers and "bunny" you to follow Tyreene :3 ))

They started walking towards the western parts of Pewter, and eventually left the city behind them. The terrain was an upwards slope, the weather was nice and here and there rocks and cliffs were seen. They were progressing upwards quite fast. There were three more trainers going with them, plus the Master Quest trainers and Tyreene.

"To the west of here, the Indigo Plateu lies. And if you squint your eyes and look to the south, you will soon be able to see the peak of Mount Silver gleam far away. We will just go up this hill first," Tyreene said, like a guide.

It wasn't just a hill. From Pewter City, the ground continously sloped upwards until it reached the Indigo Plateau. But here and there the path was rocky and mountaineous. That was where they were going, to see the pokémon that lived there.

At the moment, they were just beginning to get to the rocky regions. A couple of Teddiursa could be seen watching the group from behind a cliff on their left, and on their right, some Phanphy were playing or battling, it was hard to tell. If you looked hard, you would maybe spot a Tyrogue or two sparring on the cliffs.

Your character should interact with one of the NPC trainers going with the group. Make up gender, looks, name and shallow personality at least.

You are allowed to momentarily stray from the group in order to catch some pokémon.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Stephany had stood up from the corner, now leaning and crossing her arms. 'Well then, no use apologizing f he's not in the mood then,' she thought, calling out for Hoothoot to return. As the bird pokemon looked at the Elgyem, it then started to talk to the alien. It tried to say Stephany was sorry, yet his speech was fast as he flew back to her trainer. All of a sudden, another man entered with a sick expression. That must the the gym leader they were waiting for.

"Master, are you feeling well?" the lady asked casually.

"Uh..." the gym leader's glance went from her to the trainers and then back. "I... Yeah. No. I don't know why. I just... think I'm sick. I'll have to take a pill and some water before the-" he paused as he felt nausea coming up.

"But I-"

"I can handle the hike well on my own and you can meet with the trainers afterwards. I have some villagers and gym trainers joining us that have been on this trail before."

He sighed. He looked at the trainers again. "I am terribly sorry. I'd been looking forward to this. Please enjoy the nature without me and we'll meet lat-" another strange sensation of nausea struck him and he simply waved at the trainers and nodded at Tyreene before running back inside.His Geodude bowed and followed him inside.

"Swell. It seems like the gym leader Hakon isn't feeling well today... as you could obviously see. We will however be going without him. Everybody ready? Follow me!"

"Alright," Stephany replied to herself, being the first one to walk towards Tyreene.

Shun and Kathy had followed along, Stephany at the very back of the group. There were other villagers who hiked as well. There was one in particular who was right in front her with short blonde hair and green eyes. He carried a green backpack that jiggled somehow, not knowing what was inside it. Pawniard was beside her, walking and enjoying the view. Hoothoot had slept and is now inside the bag. Gothorita was poking her head out, viewing nature at its best. Without warning, the trainer in front of her had moved to be beside her.

"What are you doing back here?" he asked her. He was about her age, yet very tall.

"Umm....just looking around," she responded.

"You look very.....in thought. Something the matter?" he was worried, noticing her sad expression.

"Oh no! This is my normal expression. Sorry if it looks sad," she looked down at her feet.

"Oh really? What a funny expression," he said, yet she felt hurt. Realizing what he just said, he changed the subject. "Are they your friends over there?" he pointed at the two Master Questers. She looked away, anger seeping through her veins at their sight.

"...not anymore. Well, not Shun...maybe Kathy...but who knows now," she started a grudge. He grew curious and got closer, making her uncomfortable.

"What did they do to you to make you so mad?" he wondered, asking her.

"They- I mean he got too personal," she responded. He simply laughed, making her confused. "Why do you think this is funny?" she felt hurt.

"Just because they...or he got too personal? You hold grudges easily, maybe even over simple stuff that others can get over," he said as he laughed it off.

"I guess you're right," she mumbled out, the boy able to hear it.

"This might be the last time I see you, well, for the rest of my life since you will be leaving Pewter City afterwards. The name's Tony Smallwood."

"Tony...Smallwood...nice name."

"Thanks, fits my hobby of running in the small woods," he chuckled. "Did you ever apologize to the two then?" he asked her. "I mean, from what I can tell already, you probably blew them off and ignored them from the way you feel for them-I mean him if it's only him." She paused. Maybe Tony was right. She grew angry over something personal, which he completely had the right to do. I guess he would have thought the same way though, since Stephany reminded him of his dead mother...which was probably the worst thing to do. A no no, or maybe crossing the red line.

"Thanks Tony...I'll.....go over there and try to talk to them," she smiled and walked foward as Pawniar stopped to bow down to Tony. "Paaawn," the knight thanked for encouraging Stephany, since he wasn't able to do so over the worry of making her worse. As he catched up to Stephany, she was already by Kathy. "No, my father didn't die....But my mother did." His words replayed on her mind. Guess she hurt him bad. Oh well, that's what she deserves for going into enemy territory.

"Hello....don't you like the hike so far?" she asked Kathy, trying to gain a new friend since she apparently lost one not too long ago....or she thought, who knows what the others are thinking. Pawniard glared at the Elgyem, hatred also arising.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Tensions were running high. Kathy looked to her right, and to her left, seeing both Shun and Stephanie in not of the best of moods. She crossed her arms and sighed as she wanted the both of them to forget the past, and move on.

Soon, she saw a man coming from the gym's doors. This man wasn't feeling well. He had a Geodude hovering beside him with concern on his rough face, and then the man stepped down the stairwell in the gym and exited the building. Tyreene was standing right outside it, the two Doduos next to her as well of a couple of trainers. The man was just about to smile and greet them all... when a horrible repulsing sensation struck him and he quickly ran back inside the gym again. Something, anything... a wastebasket!

The noise when he threw up could be heard to the outside. Tyreene lifted an eyebrow as the now pale gym leader came out from the gym entrance again. Kathy looked on with a concerned look on her face as if she knew that something was seriously wrong with his internal organs.

"Master, are you feeling well?" Tyreene asked casually.

"Uh..." the man's glance went from her to the trainers and then back. "I... Yeah. No. I don't know why. I just... think I'm sick. I'll have to take a pill and some water before the-"

"But I-"

The man sighed. He looked at the trainers again. "I am terribly sorry. I'd been looking forward to this. Please enjoy the nature without me and we'll meet lat-" another strange sensation of nausea struck him and he simply waved at the trainers and nodded at Tyreene before running back inside.

"Geo... dude," his pokémon said, seemingly bowing towards the trainers, then giving Tyreene a strangely dark stare before following Hakon in.

"Ah yes...the discomfort of nausea," Kathy said. "A sensation of unease and discomfort in the upper stomach, with an involuntary urge to vomit. Such a pity...Perhaps she should drink more fluids?"

Tyreene turned back towards the three Master Quest trainers. Some other people had now joined them outside the gym as well. Some were just there to see the new competitors off, others would join the hike themselves. The trainers had been chatting for a while and seemed to have made each other upset. At least two of them. The third was still as cheerful as ever, it seemed.

"Ah, so z'at was the gym leader of this city!" Kathy thought. "Hm, I do hope he'll be feeling better once my gym battle against him begins! BUT FOR NOW, ONWARD, MISTRESS! LET THE HIKE BEGIN!"

* * * * * *​

The everyone started moving west, away from the city, and on towards the hills. Kathy was excited as she looked around and saw all of the pretty flowers, the trees, crossing over the rocky mountains. She also saw a group of Phanpy playing together, as well as a clan of Teddiursa. Then, Stephany got closer to her.

"Hello....don't you like the hike so far?" she asked Kathy.

"Ah, it's FANTASTIC!" Kathy replied. "In fact, loo kover there!" Kathy pointed towards a group of Tyrouge, sparring with each other. Tyrouge were considered rare pokemon in Hoenn, which Kathy was even more ecstatic to find them.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Ah, it's FANTASTIC!" Kathy replied. "In fact, look over there!" Kathy pointed towards a group of Tyrouge, sparring with each other. Stephany was amused by them, yet didn't dare laugh since she didn't know Kathy's reaction. Back in Unova, some would somehow make fun of you or scold you for laughing at a pokemon's doing. Better safe than sorry.

"They are," she replied, and then got serious. "I'm sorry if our dispute, well...with Shun, happened in front of you. I should have noticed you there and moved on, or haven't started it at all." She then paused for a moment, Pawniard glancing at her. "Well, it's in the past now, so you're Kathy....you must love science since you talk about it a lot. I love science too actually....don't know much about it though," she motioned with her hands, "but I am very excellent with math." Starting a conversation with Kathy, Gothorita poked her head out and stared at the wild pokemon. They were having fun it seems.

"Pawn," he called out to Gothorita, who turned to glance at him. 'The wild pokemon.....they look like they're having so much fun,' she used telepathy to tell him. Crossing his arms, he slowed down to face Gothorita and was now walking right behind Stephany. "Paaw paw ni pawn," he disputed with the Gothorita, saying that they never felt the love of a trainer like they did. 'They haven't....but people like Stephany, and the other Master Questers are rare,' she responded. "Nia pawniard pawn," he simply stated, telling her why she even called them Master Questers in the first place since they aren't even friends to them. 'What about Anthony and Will?' she kept using telepathy, glancing at him for a response. 'Everybody knows about you and buizel-'

"Pawn!" he told her to stop reminding him. "Pawn paw aw," he mumbled out, stating that those two are actually the only friends they had. "Ma....Ma....pawn!" he tried saying Buizel's name, yet failed as he cursed in the end due to his failure. Gothorita simply giggled.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "They are," Stephanie replied, and then got serious. "I'm sorry if our dispute, well...with Shun, happened in front of you. I should have noticed you there and moved on, or haven't started it at all." She then paused for a moment, Pawniard glancing at her. "Well, it's in the past now, so you're Kathy....you must love science since you talk about it a lot. I love science too actually....don't know much about it though," she motioned with her hands, "but I am very excellent with math."

"Well, first of all, z'at is alright; what was meant to be, was meant to be after all," Kathy said. "Second, yes, I love science! But, what I have not told anyone during all of my travels thus far, z'ere is a specific reason why I love science. Well, it all happened on my 10th birthday or so -- my mother and papa both got me two fossils for my presents. Now, of course, no sane person would get fossils on their birthday; I believe that would be...odd. Z'at was why I didn't dnerstand, nor realized the true value of them yet. However, z'at all changed when they took me to a museum; z'at museum I went two actually changed the fossills to living, breathing pokemon! Those were my Anorith and Lileep! Revived all because science! Z'at is why from then on, I took an interest in science. For you see, sciencce has inspired me to go out on the world, and see all the wonders in this world with my own eyes, instead of just relying on textbooks."

"Pidgeooo!" her pidgeotto suddenly cried, grabbing Kathy's attention.

"Haha, I do love you as well Herr Pidgeotto," Kathy then smiled, as she turned back to Stephanie. "Hm, Mathematics, you say? Well, my teacher have always told me that I was good in math as well...but only because I have always strived to be better than anyone else in school when I was younger. But now...now I realize z'ere is more important things."

"Pidgeo?" he Pidgeotto chirped, pondering what Kathy is trying to say.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Well, first of all, z'at is alright; what was meant to be, was meant to be after all," Kathy said. "Second, yes, I love science! But, what I have not told anyone during all of my travels thus far, z'ere is a specific reason why I love science. Well, it all happened on my 10th birthday or so -- my mother and papa both got me two fossils for my presents. Now, of course, no sane person would get fossils on their birthday; I believe that would be...odd. Z'at was why I didn't dnerstand, nor realized the true value of them yet. However, z'at all changed when they took me to a museum; z'at museum I went two actually changed the fossills to living, breathing pokemon! Those were my Anorith and Lileep! Revived all because science! Z'at is why from then on, I took an interest in science. For you see, sciencce has inspired me to go out on the world, and see all the wonders in this world with my own eyes, instead of just relying on textbooks."

"Pidgeooo!" her pidgeotto suddenly cried, grabbing Kathy's attention.

"Haha, I do love you as well Herr Pidgeotto," Kathy then smiled, as she turned back to Stephanie. "Hm, Mathematics, you say? Well, my teacher have always told me that I was good in math as well...but only because I have always strived to be better than anyone else in school when I was younger. But now...now I realize z'ere is more important things."

"Pidgeo?" he Pidgeotto chirped, curious.

"Fossils? That's awesome!" she blurted out, and calmed herself down after realizing the burst. "I mean....I'm more of a cellular-level scientist. I want to be a Biomedical Engineer. The people who make new medicine, new equipment, new methods, and better technology for both pokemon and people to use. I still want to be one too...," she trails off, spacing out and thinking of the different possibilities. "Can't blame you if you have more important things....some use science for space matters, others use it to search for answers, some simply for hobbies, and some have different reasons I never thought about."

Pawniard nodded, crossing his arms at her explanation as he moved to be in front of her to lead the way.

"I've taken Calculus...that's as far as I went. There are more, and when I finish Master Quest...I'm going farther," she said. "I also like to see the world for myself rather than see pictures or books."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "I've taken Calculus...that's as far as I went. There are more, and when I finish Master Quest...I'm going farther," Stephanie then said. "I also like to see the world for myself rather than see pictures or books."

"Well, I wish you good luck on your journey, Fraulein trainer Stephanie," Katharina then smiled. "Who knows? During our journey, perhaps we can engage in a battle as two friends."

"Pidgeooo!" her Pidgeotto agreed.

As Kathy walked on, she was gazing at all of the scenery, however, she was then bumped from behind.

"WHOOOOOOOOOA, WATCH OUT!" A voice yelled from behind, as Kathy looked back. "I GOTTA STAY A HEAD OF THE GROUP! ENTERTAINMENT CALLS!"

Kathy then looked behind at the girl who bumped into her. On her right eye, she has a pink star painted on, like what a generic rock-star would have on some occasions, which the star acted like her eye-liner.
    She also wore black long boots with light blue laces that is long enough to be just below her knee. She wore long leather pants, which are also completely black, and are about as flexible to wear as track pants. On her left hand, she wore a black glove hand warmer, which the fingers of the glove have been cut off, so that her fingers would stick out. Her hair is blond, that is also very long; it goes to about her lower back. He looked like she was in a hurry. Kathy however, seemed uninterested.

"You know, you could say 'excuse me'," Kathy inquired, as she brushed herself off. "What is z'is...entertainment you speak of anyway?"

"Me, of course!!" the girl replied, smiling. "Amber Keriko! The pinnacle of EXCITEMENT!"

"I...see," Kathy sighed. "And, how do you plan on carrying out this...title of yours?"

"ISN'T IT OBVIOUS?!" Amber replied. "
    I am Amber Keriko: YOUR NEW HERO, your...PARTY HOST! And most importantly: THE MOST CHARISMATIC LADY THAT HAS EVER ENTER YOUR MINDS...VIA! This. Region. For all of those of you who do know me...well! ALL HAIL THE IOTOLA, OF ROCK. N'. ROLA! My dream? I HAVE COME TO SAAAAAVE YOU ALL FROM THAT ICKY-BICKY-WICKY-PICKY-UICKY-ZIKY-ONOMONOKONOICKY DEMON THAT IS CALLED BOREDOM!"

"...I do hope you are saving them from your mouth as well," Kathy sighed. "For it is bigger and louder than a Loudred."

"Aw, technicalities!" Amber said. "
    You see, look at the facts: television ratings? Downward spiral. Paper-view by-rates? Plummeting. Main-stream expectancy? Non-existent. Reactions to the live-crowds? COMPLETE. UTTER. SILENCE. And you know what! I know exactly why you're silent!"

"Because a certain someone wouldn't stop talking..." Kathy thought to herself.

"The reason why you are silent is because you are embarrassed to be here! And believe me, I'm embarrassed with you," Amber explained. "You see, the reason why you are embarrised, is the main stream of uninteresting, untalented, and mediocre 'new pokemon trainers' who you are forced to cheer for! And its no wonder you're not cheering! You can care less for every idiot that walking in your way!"

"I'm afraid that you are...how they say...dead wrong in your explanation Fraulein," Kathy corrected. "Science does indeed have human and internal errors. However, its those errors which makes the science become more perfect! How much perfect, z'at I can not say. But, I dare say Fraulein, challenging individuals is the first step on becoming a true genius."

"Is that sooooo?" Amber asked. "Well, I hope you'll remember those ideals! But just remember! When the dust all clears, and when I, Amber Kericko rises to the top, just remember! That pokemon, and trainers will never. EVER. Be the same...again!"

It was then that Amber blazed off, trying to get more ahead. Kathy shrugged her arms...thinking that there was little to no hope for that girl, but, it was cute that she was trying. And, who knows? Things could be more interesting that way, if she ever meets her again.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Stephany watched as Kathy and one of the hikers started a conversation. Ignoring them, she had more important matters on mind. She then tried the unthinkable, something the shy Stephany would not do. She quickly sneaked to be beside Shun, her guilt still haunting her inside.

"Umm....sorry about earlier. You're probably pissed at me so...I guess you have all the right to hit me, slap me, yell at me....become my enemy even. It was wrong of me to remnd you of such pain," she told Shun, Pawniard beside her and amazed. She awaited an answer, Gothorita smiling at her triumph.

'At last she has come out of her shell,' Gothorita smiled as she was proud. "Paawn. Pawniard pawn awn," Pawniard laughed at her, stating that she has yet to come out of her's. 'Aww....that wasn't nice Pawniard,' she hid her head inside the bag, the Pawniard chuckling.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tyreene walked on, leading the group. Pewter City was still visible beneath them. They needed to go behind the large cliffs up there... there, the real beautiful landscape was, the landscape that continued all the way to the Indigo League. She smiled and Teddiursa smiled too, bounding along beside her.

- - - - -

Back in Pewter, Keeno Kabess had just learned that three of the Master Quest trainers had gone on a hike. He scratched his head at this, standing in the entrance of the Pewter Gym. He wondered where the rest of the trainers were. Just as he thought that, a coughing noise made him look up. Coming down some stairs was Hakon, the gym leader!

"Oh!" Keeno shone up. "Hello! My name is Keeno Kabess and I work for professor Oak."

Hakon came up to him, his Geodude soaring behind him with a bitter face. "Hi," Hakon said simply. He seemed thoughtful.

"I am watching the Master Quest trainers on behalf... well sort of, on behalf of the professor. But I am also investigating something much more important... eh, excuse me, Mr Gym leader, you seem a bit... off?"

Hakon hadn't been looking at Keeno as the man spoke. "Hm? Oh, sorry. It's just... I thought I had turned ill, since I was feeling really bad this morning. But I feel fine now. It's like I just ate something bad. But none of the others who had breakfast with me fell ill."

Keeno laughed nervously. "Oh, that sounds to me like bad luck..." then his face got stern all of a sudden. "Or maybe... someone poisoned your food?"

Hakon flinched. "Why on earth would someone do that? The only thing it did was not letting me go with the Master Quest trainers on the hike."

Keeno's brain worked overtime now. "You said what? You were supposed to go on the hike?"

"Yes, I always go. I'm the one leading them."

"So today... you were food poisoned-"

"That's just a theory but it sounds highly unlikel-"

"On the exact day when the Master Quest trainers were hiking..." Keeno's face turned white.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Near Pewter City
    Rogue Stars

As I sat on the bench, a Hoothoot hopped over to where Roswell and I were. It stopped and tilted its head, staring at Roswell. It probably wasn't used to extraterrestrial Pokemon such as Elgyem. After a few moments, the Hoothoot seemed to zone out, and it just sat there and stared.

"Roswell, I think you broke it," I muttered as I looked at the Hoothoot, whom just kept staring at us. After a while longer, Stephany called to it and it ran away, chirping something at Roswell. "What?" I asked the little alien Pokemon after the Hoothoot flew off.

There was a series of lights, which I interpreted to be something along the lines of: I have no idea. "Well, okay then." I mumbled as someone, a man, walked out of the gym. It seemed that he was about to speak, but a second later he ran back inside the gym. From the look on his face, he was going to be sick, and lucky for me my music was blaring so I couldn't hear anything.

The man came back out of the gym, his face pale, and I turned down the volume of my music so that I could hear. "Master, are you feeling well?" the purple-haired woman with the Doduo asked.

"Uh..." the man, apparently the gym leader, glanced around at all of us. "I... Yeah. No. I don't know why. I just... think I'm sick. I'll have to take a pill and some water before the-"

"If you are feeling unwell, you should better stay at home." the woman interrupted.

"But I-" the gym leader began once more.

"I can handle the hike well on my own and you can meet with the trainers afterwards. I have some villagers and gym trainers joining us that have been on this trail before." the woman stated.

The gym leader sighed, "I am terribly sorry. I'd been looking forward to this. Please enjoy the nature without me and we'll meet lat-" he suddenly stopped, nodding at the woman and waving at us trainers before he ran back into the gym.

"Geo... dude," I hadn't even noticed the floating boulder beside him, but now it was painfully obvious. It looked like it was doing a face-plant while floating, which was probably it trying to bow, before it got back up and glared darkly at the woman, which confused me a little. I normally trusted a Pokemon's judgement more than a person's, so I was a bit confused for a moment on what I should think of this woman.

The woman turned back to us, and I noticed that a number of other people had gathered by the gym. "Swell. It seems like the gym leader Hakon isn't feeling well today... as you could obviously see. We will however be going without him. Everybody ready? Follow me!"

We were walking up some upwards sloping terrain, and besides the woman and us three Master Quest trainers there were three others on the hike with us. One boy and two girls, so in all we had five girls and two boys on the hike. Somehow that seemed backwards. "To the west of here, the Indigo Plateu lies. And if you squint your eyes and look to the south, you will soon be able to see the peak of Mount Silver gleam far away. We will just go up this hill first," the woman sounded quite like a guide at the moment, which I guess she was.

The terrain was rocky and mountainous, and if I was correct we were heading in the direction of Indigo Plateau. I noticed that Stephany was talking to the other boy, and a few minutes later she began talking to Kathy. I had been ignoring most everyone for a while, but, unfortunately, another girl approached me.​

"Hey," she smiled as she walked up to me, "So you're a Master Quest trainer, huh? That's cool. I'm a trainer myself, although I don't know if I'm that great of one." she stated, looking around at the wild Pokemon. "Oh, I'm Zorya, by the way. Zorya Solistum."

I mentally sighed, not really wanting to interact with anyone, but I figured if it made her go away sooner, why not? Also, her name rang a faint bell, for whatever reason. "Yeah, I'm a Master Quest trainer, from Unova."

"Oh, you're from Unova? So am I! That's pretty cool," she laughed a little, still watching the wild Pokemon.

"Mmm, maybe that's why your name rings a bell. I'm Shun Sorukei. Where're you from in Unova?" I asked, genuinely a bit curious. Perhaps I had seen this girl before?

"Castelia City," she stated, "Oh, is this your Elgyem?" she asked once she noticed Roswell floating near me.

"Yeah, his name is Roswell," I said in reply to her question. "Castelia City? Hm, happens to be where I'm from. Perhaps I've seen you around before, which would explain why I've heard your name. Zorya . . . what's that, anyways?"

"Oh, really?" she questioned. "Now that you mention . . . you do look familiar. Anyways, Zorya is a Ukrainian name, it means rising star. Fitting for someone aiming to be a great trainer, no?"

"Yes, I guess it is." I stated.

"Ooooh, a Teddiursa!" Zorya cheered as she pointed at a small bear Pokemon not too far away. "I'm going to go catch it, feel free to tag along!" Zorya ran off in the direction of the Teddiursa, and for whatever reason I decided to follow, albeit a bit more slowly.

"Go, Jojo!" Zorya yelled as she threw a Pokeball into the air. A moment later a Persian materialized.

"Jojo?" I asked.

Zorya's face turned bright red as she blushed. "U-um, i-it's from . . . something I read." From the way she said it, I decided that I didn't want to know what exactly she had read. "Jojo," she yelled, her facing returning to normal. "Use Fake Out, then Iron Tail!" The Persian, Jojo, ran in and clawed the Teddiursa with Fake Out, causing it to flinch, before his tail seemed to turn to metal and he slammed it into the bear cub Pokemon, sending it flying.

"Iron Tail?" I muttered, "Not bad." It was a rather strong move, especially for a Persian.

"ROGUE!!" I turned around and saw a Tyrogue punching a boulder. Apparently it didn't have a partner to spar with, and it was beating the crap out of that boulder.

"Hey," I greeted the Tyrogue as I walked over to it. "Whatcha doin'?"

"ROGUE!!" The Tyrogue kicked the boulder once more, shattering it, before it turned to me. It glared at me with a look of death, and a pretty intimidating one, at that. Too bad my glare of death would put this one to shame, so it had little effect on me.

"Well, I could use another Pokemon . . . Roswell," the Elgyem appeared next to me. "Use Confusion." Roswell raised his arms, lifting the Tyrogue into the air as he did so, before he brought them down with tremendous force. The Tyrogue was slammed into a boulder, and I half expected it to be unconscious, but it had managed to endure the attack.

"TYYYYYYYYY!!!" The little purple Pokemon ran in and punched Roswell. I noticed Roswell flinch, and I assumed that the Tyrogue had just used Fake Out. I didn't bother issuing a command, as I knew Roswell would be immobile for a few moments. The Tyrogue slammed into Roswell with Tackle, sending the little alien Pokemon flying.

"Roswell, come back with Psybeam." Roswell got back to his feet and began floating once more, loosing a blast of psychic energy as he did so. The blast hit the Tyrogue, forcing it back into another boulder. There was no way a baby Pokemon like Tyrogue could get hit with two psychic type moves and smashed into boulders forcibly twice and still be standing, but apparently this Tyrogue didn't care what I thought. It got back to its feet and ran at Roswell with another Tackle attack.

"Roswell, intercept with Headbutt!" I commanded. Roswell flew in towards the Tyrogue headfirst, ready to strike. All of a sudden his head began to glow, and I knew that couldn't be a normal Headbutt. I pulled out my Pokedex and scanned Roswell, revealing this attack to be Zen Headbutt. Apparently Roswell had just learned a new move.

The two Pokemon collided in the air, but the Tyrogue was overwhelmed and was sent flying backwards. It fell unconscious and I walked over to it, a Pokeball in my hand.

"Not bad," I glanced behind me to see Zorya, holding a Teddiursa in her arms. Apparently she had already succeeded in her capture. I turned back to the Tyrogue and tapped the Pokeball on its head. It immediately disappeared in a ray of scarlet light, and the Pokeball began to shake.

"Umm....sorry about earlier." I turned to see Stephany standing beside me. "You're probably pissed at me so...I guess you have all the right to hit me, slap me, yell at me....become my enemy even. It was wrong of me to remnd you of such pain," I blinked a few times, unsure of what to say.

"Um . . . no problem," I muttered, the Pokeball still shaking in my hand.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • "Um . . . no problem," Shun muttered out.

"Hey umm....don't you just want to leave that in the past and be friends?" Stephany asked, having just witnessed Shun capture another pokemon. "Since..nevermind. Either way, you don't have to," she struggled, not wanting to get on his bad side and make him leave her again. Making friends is hard, yet Anthony and Will were good people to make friends with. They weren't as.....complicated. Her Hoothoot jumped down from her and landed in front of Elgyem, staring at it.

"Hoo hoot hoo hoot!" Hoothoot spoke to it, stating that he looked very strong. Even so, Pawniard was his master, yet Elgyem wasn't bad at all. Both had different methods of battle style. Pawniard was a dark type who fights up close, while Elgyem is a psychic type that fights from a distance mostly. Two completely different pokemon, yet both interest him. He wanted to be as powerful as them. Pawniard saw the fight as well, glaring at the Elgyem. It seems he had competition. Gothorita was interested in the Elgyem, finally able to meet a psychic that was from her own region.

'Hey....he's not that bad at all,' she used telepathy to communicate, catching Pawniard's attention. "Paaawn," he asked her, telling her that why she cared about an enemy's pokemon. 'He's like me...in power and fighting style,' she told him. "Paawn nia niard. Pawniard nard," he yelled out, catching everybody's attention as he told her why she didn't go meet the alien herself if she wanted to. All the pokemon understood what he meant, Gothorita embarrased and hiding inside herself in Stephany's bag. "Pawn," he said, actually saying "I didn't think so". He didn't want to sound mean, but it was time Gothorita had some friends besides Stephany, Hoothoot, and himself. She had to be a socialite for one day, so he had to get Elgyem's attention to her. He didn't know if he succeeded, yet he had to try.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Shun and one of the villagers had run off from the group but soon returned, seemingly to catch some pokémon. The others were mostly walking and talking, watching the beautiful nature. The Master Quest trainers seemed to enjoy themselves, Tyreene thought. The group now went around the large cliffs on the top of a hill, where there were some pine trees. Pewter City fell out from view behind the cliffs. They kept walking for another couple of minutes... then Tyreene decided it was time.

She turned around, Teddiursa and the Doduos immediately getting her signals. They turned around as well, facing the group.

"Mantles off," she said, glancing at each and every one of the trainers. The Master Quest trainers probably didn't understand what she said. Was she telling them to take off their clothes? But the other three understood.

Amber's wild expression turned a notch calmer, and more sneaky. Zorya's kind face turned more serious. Only Tony's expression remained the same, but he straightened up a bit. All three of them stepped away from the Master Quest trainers and surrounded them, putting down their bags onto the ground. They each took forth a pokéball as well.

Tyreene cleared her throat and opened one of the sacks on the Doduo called Dodein. It was empty. "The charade is over. We aren't here to go on a day-long hike," she said. "The Master Quest is a hideous thing, forcing pokémon to grow quickly by battling your way through Kanto. Team Shiro will send a message through, by making you... disappear."

Her face was as expressionless as usual and the mountains fell silent for a moment. Only the wind made the pine trees and Tyreene's hair flutter slightly. "Shironians, knock them out."

Just as she said that, Dodein started to glow. Doduno, the other Doduo, was startled and started squeaking, but soon calmed down, when it saw its partner take shape into a Dodrio. Dodein had evolved before their eyes.

What to do now?​

The Pewter people you talked to on the hike were apparently not who you thought they were. They are shironians, part of Team Shiro. They will not converse much with you, since they aren't on a mission to convince you to join them now - their instructions are to defeat you and make you faint, so they can kidnap you. That's all they will let you know if you ask anything.

They will send out an evolved pokémon. You may decide what species (1st or 2nd generation). You will face the person you talked to earlier. When they let their pokémon out, they will somehow apologize for keeping it inside the pokéball for so long.

Tyreene is there as well. I will play her, but the other shironians are your creations and are, if you allow it, bunnyable the other players. You may attack her, but the other shironians will do everything they can to make sure you won't reach her. You may of course try to flee, but Tyreene's ostrich pokémon are fast runners...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Janice Glayvansien
    Viridian Forest

Janice spent half of the day traveling out of Pallet Town by foot. It didn't take her long to grow a dislike for the place, especially Professor Oak. Other than the fact that the professor was a tad creepy in her opinion, Janice felt that he was slightly outdated with the current affairs of science. He seem rather uncertain when she tried to hold a conversation on the Pokerus, which was making hot news when rumours said that doctors have found a method to make it permanent without a PC. On the way to Viridian City, she encountered a strange bird which had clock-like features in Route 1. Engaging it in a battle with Glaceon, she managed to pull off an Icy Wind to freeze the bird without killing it through hypothermia. After she had the nurse in Viridian City's Pokemon Center thaw it out, she nicknamed the Hoothoot and left it to warm up inside the capsule. She let Dylan out of his ball and the weasel curiously sniffed the air in the city. Janice made her way past houses towards the exit to the forest up ahead.

Virdian Forest was anything like Eterna Forest. The moment she stepped amongst the trees, she felt as if a foggy waterfall slammed down on her. The air was humid and shafts of light seeped through the dense canopy. She had already done her research at the Pokemon Center's Internet kiosk. The best way, by that she meant fastest, to get through the forest was to use the beaten path provided by the map in Viridian's Pokemart. She firmly deterred away from the paved road and with the aid of the map, tried her best to follow the trail which was a difficult thing to do. The whole undergrowth became an enemy to her mind, as it challenged her memory to defeat the forest maze. Suddenly she halted in her tracks and her Floatzel almost tripped over bumping into her. Janice had her attention grasped by an intricate web hung between two trees. There were glistening dewdrops on most of the web, looking like pearls strung up in a necklace. After she inspected this natural masterpiece, her mind had begun to brainstorm a mob of questions. What created this web? It has to be something that spins silk. Could it be a Wurmple? But they don't exist in Kanto, so what? It must be a Bug-type Pokemon.

As if on cue to answer her questions, the web trembled as something crawled out of hiding onto it. It was a green spider and it started to tend to its web. When Janice shifted a little closer to observe the creature, the Spinkarak must have sensed her movement as it sharply turned its body to face her. She froze, not knowing what to do, and then, the critter fired out several strands of sticky strings from its hind towards her. Instinctively, her Floatzel jumped in front of her to take the messy threads. The strings landed squarely in the weasel's face, binding around his muzzle. Quickly, she instructed him to use Ice Fang and the Floatzel's teeth began to glow blue and the silky threads froze and disintegrated into frosty dust. That was not the end however, as a black beam emitted from the spider's horn whizzed past Dylan's ear. The sea weasel lunged forward, locked the Spinarak in its crunching jaws and hurled it up into the air.

"Hey, don't play with it like that! It's not food, you know." Janice chided and Dylan's gleeful face hardened a little. "Now, use Swift while it's coming down."

The Floatzel obeyed and a flurry of stars flickered out from his dual-tails. The sharp edges grazed the green critter as it fell back to the earth. When it got back to its feet, the face-like markings on its abdomen had changed to look like an angry expression. Horn gleaming, the Spinarak spat out a line of white needles that poked Dylan's flank. He grunted as he leaped towards the Bug-type, enveloping himself in water produced by his fur and slammed roughly into the puny animal. The Spinarak countered with another black energy beam which was parried by a potent squirt of water from the Floatzel. The next dark beam, however, did come into contact with Dylan and left a bruise planted on his shoulder. Wanting to wrap the battle up, Janice directed Dylan to stun the arachnid with a SonicBoom. Lashing his tails, Dylan shot a white wave aimed at the spider's legs. The wave knocked it off its feet and left the Spinarak struggling to regain its orientation upside-down. Reaching for a PokeBall from her bag, Janice tossed it to the wriggling critter and watched it transform into red energy and suck into the capsule.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • She was awaiting Shun's response, yet the tables were suddenly turned. "Mantles off," Tyreene spoke out, Stephany not understanding. The other three hikers started to sorround them, Hoothoot immediately jumping to land on her head. Both Pawniard and Gothorita understood what was going on. Taking his battle pose, Stephany was confused. "Pawniard....stop," she extended her hand, gazing into Tony's expressionless face.

"Tony....what's going on?" she asked him, yet he gave her no response. He straightened up and took out a pokeball out of his bag. Right after, she witnessed Tyreene clear her throat and opened one of the sacks on Doduo. To her surprise, it was empty.

"The charade is over. We aren't here to go on a day-long hike," she said. "The Master Quest is a hideous thing, forcing pokémon to grow quickly by battling your way through Kanto. Team Shiro will send a message through, by making you... disappear." There was silence, only the wind making her hair flutter. "Shironians, knock them out." Suddenly, one of the other Doduos started to glow, evolving into a Dodrio. Stephany was frightened.

'Sh...Sh....Shironians?' she was terrified, Pawniard standing in front of her and attacking pose. Hoothoot glared at Tony, noticing how he was glaring at Stephany.

"I apologize for holding you in this pokeball for so long...Espeon and Umbreon," he mumbled out, kissing each pokeball before he threw the two into the air. What followed were two dazzling red lights that impacted the ground and materialized into Espeon and Umbreon. Stephany gulped it down, trying to calm herself down.

"...Pawniard...I want you to work with Gothorita on this. Gothorita?" she called out, the psychic pokemon not hesitating to jump out of her bag. She landed beside him, standing like a beautiful maiden. "Let's battle these imposters!" she yelled out, hurt that Tony was betraying her. They were supposedly friends, having talked her problems out to her. It seems he was only playing with her, laughing at her idiocy as she minded her own business. All this time, they probably watched their every move and battle style. Luckily, she didn't fight in front of them except Shun.

"Day and Night......fight!" Tony backed away until he was on a wide open space, his two pokemon charging up on the pokemon. 'So Night must be Umbreon and Day must be Espeon...I see...then,' Stephany was thinking to herself, coming to a conclusion.

"Pawniard, take Espeon. Gothorita..use Confusion..and take Umbreon!" she ordered them, the two trading spots as their respective opponents ran towards them. The fastest one was Umbreon, jumping and trying to use bite of Gothorita. Unlike, Pawniard, she was one to get herself out of tight spots easily. Throwing herself on to her back, she lifted her legs and waited for the Umbreon to be over her. Once there, she used her legs to catch the Umbreon off guard and throw him over her. Landing softly to recover, she didn't hesitate to use confusion. Her eyes glowed purple, raising her hands. Umbreon was lifted to the air, struggling to get freedom. It was pointless now though.

The Espeon was the second to hit Pawniard, who used Metal Claw to counter Espeon's attack. Backing away, the female used Swift at Pawniard, who used Metal Claw to cut every single star at his sight. A few weren't able to be cut, and quickly attacked Pawniard. Her gem started to shine, suddenly shooting out a multi-colored beam. Pawniard quickly crossed his arms to form an X, the beam hitting there instead. Trying to remain at his ground, he was pushed back a bit before the Psybeam ended. He was a dark, meaning psychic attacks had no effects on him. Uncrossing his arms to end the beam, he charged foward and aimed to use a Faint Attack. The Espeon instead halted and glowed its eyes, later stopping. It was unusual, yet Pawniard took the chance. Disappearing in a flash, he appeared behind the Espeon and was able to land a direct hit. Landing harshly on the ground, Espeon regained her posture and backed away. She immediately used Quick Attack, hitting and pushing Pawniard away. Hitting the dirt hard, he stood up and was about to attack until an energy beam came out of nowhere and impacted on Pawniard's back.

"Didn't see Future Sight coming, did ya?" Tony played with him, motioning with his hands at his pokemon. Ignoring the pain, he dashed towards the Espeon, yet the female was able to dodge them by twisting herself in the air. Dodging his slashes, she eventually tackled Pawniard.

"Grab her Tail!" she told him. Taking the chance, he grabs a hold of her tail in the process. "Throw her!" she then ordered Pawniard, who followed orders. Using all his strength to lift the Espeon, he immediately slammed her to the ground. Yelping from the pain, she kicked him out and stood back up. Both panted, Espeon suddenly kicking sand up Pawniard's face. Blinded, Pawniard scratched his face to get the sand off. Opening its mouth, the Espeon started to form a glowing ball. Stephany recognized the move, horrified. "Pawniard! Dodge it!" she warned him, yet the Espeon quickly sneaked behind the Pawniard. Right after he cleaned off his face, the Espeon was ready to attack.

"Hyper Beam!" he revealed, Pawniard crossing his arms. The sphere of energy on Espeon't mouth suddenly transformed into the Hyper Beam, impacting Pawniard and sending him against the mountain's wall. It took a few seconds until the beam ended, revealing a weak Pawniard. Falling from the crater on the wall, he fell to the ground.

"Pawniard!" she called out, completely worried. Struggling to get up, he suddenly started glowing black. Tony and Espeon grew confused, Stephany puzzled as well. Once he regained his balance, he dashed towards the weak Espeon. It had to rest, meaning it couldn't do anything to counterattack him. Taking the opportunity, he takes the black glow around him and focused it on his right blade. Using all he had left on this new attack, Pawniard then slammed the blade on to the weakened Espeon.

"Assurance?" Tony tried to guess, Stephany now knowing the new move's name. The dust exploded and covered the scene, Stephany and Tony worried about the battle's outcome. Hoothoot helped the dust clear off using his wings. After a few moments, the dust finally cleared out. Pawniard was standing up, panting and struggling to keep his balance. Under him was a fainted Espeon, damaged very badly.

Back to where Gothorita was, she was slamming the Umbreon to the ground using her confusion. The Umbreon didn't seem to get tired, meaning he had some good endurance. After a few slams of the confusion, Umbreon grew tired of the same game and squints at Gothorita. His eyes glowing red, Gothorita did the mistake of looking into them and suddenly grew confused. Dizzy, she stopped using Confusion and tried to snap out of it as she shakes her head. He used Quick Attack to land a direct hit on Gothorita, who rolled on the ground and stayed there. "Psyshock!" Stephany gave her an order. Weak against physical attacks, she stood back up and raised both her hands at Umbreon. Creating a bubble of light blue, blue, and purple energy, she then jumps and fires it at Umbreon. The dark-type pokemon was able to dodge a few of them, yet was hit by the last one. Exploding on impact, it pushed Umbreon, and pushed him further from the shockwave.

Landing harshly on the ground, he quickly regained posture and dashed towards Gothorita. She tried dodging him, yet he suddenly disappeared. Recognizing the move thanks to seeing Pawniard fight all the time, she turned around and crossed her arms. Umbreon the appeared, yet Gothorita was already facing him. Even so, he slams against Gothorita, slamming her on to the ground.

"Not you too Gothorita!" Stephany was desperate. Opening her eyes to glance at the Umbreon, she then glowed her eyes purple and raised her hands against Umbreon's chest. "Now!" Stephany yelled out, the Umbreon staring. Confused, he was suddenly pushed backwards by Gothorita's Psybeam. Escaping, she then used Flatter. Sending out purple rings from her hands at Umbreon, he was then confused as well. Gothorita smiled at her triumph, nearly defeating her weakness until a pain vibrated inside her. Falling to her knees, she coughed out at the immense pain. It seems she wasn't as strong as she thought. Not able to support much of this, she focused all her powers and then opened her eyes. They glowed purple for a second, and then disappeared. Nothing happened afterwards, except that she faced the ground. Hoothoot grew worried, and couldn't help but butt into Gothorita's fight. 'Drat, now he's in it.....well...might as well help Gothorita out.' Flying to stand in front of Gothorita, the Umbreon was able to snap itself out of confusion. "Protect Gothorita using Reflect!" Running towards Gothorita, he attempted to use tackle, yet Hoothoot used Reflect to block the attack at Stephany's orders. Hoothoot then used Uproar to push the Umbreon away, able to gain some time for Gothorita. All of a sudden, a beam of light appeared out of nowhere and impacted Umbreon, slamming him to the ground. The beam was purple with blue outlines, giving Stephany a slight chance of hope.

"Wow...you just learned Future Sight," she mumbled out. The Umbreon was finally fainted, yet Gothorita collapsed from exhaustion. Running to pick up the Gothorita, she placed her inside the bag and let Hoothoot perch on her head. Pawniard walked over to where she was, Stephany lifting him up and carrying him as if he were her baby.

"You said we force our pokemon to battle.....we don't. You force us, meaning you're the one to blame. It's because of people like you that we even battle in the first place. What if the pokemon want to battle like a boxer boxes another person?" she told Tony, who was returning his pokemon to their pokeballs. Turning around, her Hoothoot was itching for a fight. "Let's find somebody else to help win the fight, so we all three can fight Tyreene," she told Hoothoot, who glanced over at Shun and Kathy.

"Any of you need help?" she yelled out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tony snorted unhappily as he returned Day and Night to their pokéballs. When they were fainted, they could just as well be there as outside them. They were only easier to carry in energy form.

"You said we force our pokemon to battle.....we don't. You force us, meaning you're the one to blame. It's because of people like you that we even battle in the first place. What if the pokemon want to battle like a boxer boxes another person?" Stephany told him, putting Gothorita inside her bag and holding Pawniard in her arms.

Tony had a stern look on his face and shook his head slowly when he replied. "Some things have to be done for the greater good. If we battle now in order to force others to stop, no battling will be needed in the future."

With those words, he left Stephany and ran up to Tyreene, who was watching the battles from some distance.

Back