• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Everything went smooth, nearly falling asleep if it wasn't for the Nurse that woke her up. "Hey....you're room is ready when ever you need it," the Nurse informed her with a sweet voice. Going back to her desk to handle other trainers, Stephany blinked and stretched out. Having slept for a while, she didn't feel like standing up. Her Pawniard was asleep on her shoulder, as well as Gothorita. Hoothoot was wide awake on her head, acting as their scout. Suddenly, he stomped one of his feet on her head, grabbing her attention.

"What is it?" she asked Hoothoot, who then pointed his right right towards a similar trainer that had just walked in. "Wait...it's that girl from Viridian City. The one with the Vibrava that was chasing Keeno," she finally remembered, recognizing the Master Quester as Kate. 'Better than Kathy I suppose,' she thought to herself, watching as the Nurse and Kate had a chat. It was until the Nurse pointed at her in the middle of their conversation that she grew worried. Kate turned to glance at her, and was now walking towards her. Looking away to ignore the trainer's stare, she was soon greeted by a female's voice.

"Umm, hi?" Kate said, sitting down on the couch near Pawniard. "I'm Kate. I'm a Master Quester, like you." she greeted herself. "I was wondering if I could share he last room with you, since it had two beds." Turning her head, she thought about the idea. As long as it wasn't sharing a bed, she was fine with it.

"Er...sure. I can give you the other bed," Stephany replied, somewhat drowsy. Hoothoot studied Kate with curiosity, turning his head at weird angles. "J-just don't wake me up....from my sleep I mean," she added, stuttering. Her sister used to wake her up early, and she hated it. No more of that, even if it was a stranger. "There's no more rooms?" Stephany asked her, confused. If the Pokemon Center had rooms, wouldn't they need more than just one? Maybe Kate really wants to know her.....which was creepy at first. She awaited her answer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gym Leader Hakon, Pewter City Gym

The 23 year old gym leader stood on the balcony of his personal room on the second floor of the gym and breathed in the fresh evening air streaming down from the wilderness and mountains to the west. He had watched the sun go down and now it was dark. Content with that, he went back inside to find his assistants at the gym. They were the ones who helped him train people who wanted to work out at the gym with their pokémon, as well as the ones who helped him organize the hikes to the mountain wilderness.

"Is everything ready and set for the hike tomorrow morning?" Hakon asked.

"Yes, we've packed lunch for you as well as the standard first aid kit and ropes and all onto the Doduno and Dodein," his assistand Tyreene said. She was a woman just a little bit older than him, with long purple hair and a Teddiursa who seemed to follow her everywhere. Hakon too had a pokémon who followed him everywhere, even if it was a bit bigger. Geodude floated between them in the air on his magnetic stream. Duduno and Dodein were Tyreene's Doduos that helped them carry stuff on the hikes.

"Well, good then! I'll go to bed, see you in the morning," Hakon said and yawned largely. "Come on, Geo."

They went back into Hakon's room and Tyreene bowed, like you should do towards a gym leader. Like everyone did towards their gym leaders in the old days. Tyreene stand there for a few moments in the hall, before she went out onto another balcony herself. The silent wind was fresh.

"It would be a hike to remember, wouldn't it, Teddiursa?" she said, her usually expressionless face showing a small smile. "But no one will remember it."

Teddiursa smiled smugly as well. No, not if all went according to plan.

- - -

The next morning, posters all over town could be seen, that specially invited the Master Quest trainers to join Hakon's next hike. Seeing as they were foreigners of Kanto, they wouldn't want to miss such a special local treat, would they?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    The pokeball shook once, then twice, then "ping!" The pokeball stopped moving. Kathy, having realized that she had successfully captured her pokemon, went towards the immobile pokeball to pick it up. After a quick smile, she got out her piece of cloth from her hand bag, and shined the dirt and dust the pokeball collected from the ground. Then, she put the pokeball, which had her newly obtained Pidgeotto, in her handbag. Kathy then looked up, towards the direction she was facing. In the small distance, she could see...a bulding. It was then that Kathy had realized that she had finally arrived at the next town. So therefore, Kathy started to jog all the way there. As she was jogging, of course, she was viewing all of the tree trunks and bug pokemon, for this may be the last time she'll visit this forest to move on to other routes, forests, and cities.

Pretty soon, after a few minutes, it became night time, and she had arrived at the city. She looked around the architecture of the city, until she noticed a sign. The sign read "Pewter City", so, she figured that the city she was now in was Pewter City. Now, while she wanted to spend more time to look around the sciences of Pewter, it was first time to visit the local Pokemon Center.

"The stones on the ground..." Kathy observed, as was gazing down towards the ground. "Sedimentary rock! Fascinating! I would imagine this place was a decent site for finding fossils..."

Pretty soon, Kathy then found the familiar red-roofed building: it was the Pewter City pokemon center. Kathy opened the screen door as she went inside. The Pokemon Center inside wasn't much different from the Pokemon Center in Viridan, so Kathy quickly grown accustomed. She went over to a near by computerized phone.

"Hello my fair machine..." Kathy greeted to it. "How I love how fascinating you are...THE COLORS! THE LIGHTS...OH, FAN-TAST-IC!"

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    She was still awaiting Kate's answer, yet her eyes were closing in on her. She couldn't help but start to nap right in front of the trainer. She was so exhausted that she had to. A few seconds later, she made her eyes obey her and lifted her eyelids up. She couldn't just leave Kate here though. 'Needs over wants. If they really care, they wouldn't mind,' she remembered her father's words. She agreed and stuck to those words. If she stayed any longer, her pokemon and herself wouldn't be able to wake up. Of course, Hoothoot was awake, which wasn't surprising for a Hoothoot.

"Sorry.....umm....we can talk in the room then..if....if you really want to share the room. I think there are others though," she tried not to drift to sleep as she stood up. Pawniard woke up when his head hit the soft seat. Standing up as well, she passed by the trainer and went over to the desk. "Umm...where's my room?"

"Oh! Of course! Right this way!" Nurse started walking towards the hallway, Stephany following her. Fortunately, her room was the very last one, the last door of the hallway. She didn't mind either. There were other doors in the walls of the hallway, around 6 or 7. Opening the door, the Nurse said her farewells before she closed the door and let the silence inside. Plopping herself on the soft covers of the bed, she turned to face the ceiling. The white bed with black covers was against the wall. Who knew that the bed would have a black cover? Just like her favorite color. Glancing around the room, it was an average size for her. It had a window beside her bed, where the moon's light reflected on to the floor beside her bed. The walls were a pastel color of pink, and the floor the color of dark wood. There were pillows on the other side of the room, probably for her pokemon.

Taking off her jacket, all she had now were her pants and her black undershirt with white vertical lines. She sat up, her feet touching the cold, wooden floor. Stephany then took off her shoes, placing them under the bed. Her bag was placed behind the bed, where she discovered a mirror on the door. She noticed how the white lines on her shirt matched her skin. 'God, I'm so pale,' she told herself, never noticing this before. Her melancholic expression made her look like an emo girl. All she had to do if place her hair over her eyes and she was a complete gothic.

Gothorita shifted through the bag, then gets out the bag. Glancing around, she walked over to where the huge, purple white pillow was. Instead of sleeping there, she grabs the pillow and walks over to where Stephany was. Placing the pillow right beside Stephany's beside, but I mean right beside it, she threw herself on to the pillow and slept. Chuckling at the sight, she went over to glance at Pawniard. He was already asleep, right beside Stephany. His back faced her, Hoothoot sitting between Pawniard and the wall.

"Goodnight. Sleep tight," Stephany whispered out before she cuddled up on the bed, closing her eyes as she placed the blankets over her soft body. What followed were weird dreams, yet they were pleasing either way.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keeno Kabess, Pewter City

He was finally here. It was evening and he was tired as he'd never been fore in his entire life, but Keeno Kabess had made it to the entrance of Pewter City. Not through the Viridian Forest, no no. Sure, his pokémon could probably handle obstacles that might strike them there, but the darkness of it! The winding trail and all the weird trainers there! And the Master Quest trainers, of course. He could have gone with them... but he didn't want to freak out in front of them and for some reason he felt like he would have inside that city. He had been there playing when he was a kid and... urrh, let's just leave it at that.

Instead, he had hitch-hiked and walked over the windy Pewter Hill, on the long road that was built around the forest. The trainers were probably in Pewter already... In Viridian, he had called professor Oak and told him about gym leader Kimuro's disappearance. Oak had agreed on that it was strange, but forbade Keeno to investigate it. Keeno had promised not to and instead left the city with unanswered questions.

"If only the professor had let me ask around for leads, I would surely have found out something about where Kimuro went..." he sighed.

Then he kept walking into Pewter City, without noticing that the shadow of a man was watching him from the darkness of the forest behind him. The shadow smiled darkly, then disappeared.

If you want to go to the Pewter City gym, Tyreene (the gym assistant from my last post) should be waiting for the Master Quest trainers right outside the gym with her two Doduos fully loaded. Do Not Bunny Her. But you may acknowledge her or speak to her.

Last edited:

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
    Years
    Kate Brayve
    Night Falls

Kate was having a lot of trouble staying awake too, her day had been pretty busy, and she was thinking about the man who attacked her. She was not going to call the police on him, because that would involve a whole mess and it would slow her down significantly on the Master Quest. But it was still rather disturbing, he had attempted to kidnap her or something. By the time she was done thinking, she realized that the trainer beside her had already spoken a few words. The only part that Kate managed to catch was that she was going to let her share the room. "Sorry.....umm....we can talk in the room then..if....if you really want to share the room. I think there are others though," she said. Kate snapped back to reality. "Oh, sorry, I was just..thinking. Yes, let's go." Kate replied, and with that, the two girls got up and walked to the front desk. "Umm...where's my room?" the girl asked. "Oh! Of course! Right this way!" the nurse seemed to be thinking about her own set of things when she snapped back to reality. It was now dark outside as the two trainers followed the nurse into the room. When they got there, the nurse said goodbye and closed the door. The room was quite well cleaned, the floor was wooden, the ceiling was one of those white ceilings that still had prickles of dried paint, like little stalactites, all over them. Kate found them rather annoying, they reminded her of zits and pimples for some reason.

Kate sighed. She took off her Dragonair pullover and left on her light blue shirt for the night. She placed her shoes beside her bed, and went and closed the curtains while her fellow Master Quester looked at herself in the mirror. "I'm just gonna take a shower," Kate said to the other girl, who was getting settled in well with her Pokemon. After Kate was done with her shower, she put on her shirt, along with her night gown. She placed her belt of Pokemon on the table nearby, and kissed each of their Pokeballs good night. She looked over at her friend, who was already sleeping, but was tossing and turning slightly. Perhaps she was having a bad dream. Kate thought to wake her up and tell her, but then she remembered what the girl had said earlier. To not wake her up. So Kate decided to leave the matter alone.

Kate stayed up another half hour after that, with but a single little light. Still bothered about what the man had attempted to do. Perhaps she should tell someone? Someone she knew? Perhaps Keeno, he was Professor Oak's assistant, maybe he could inform Oak about the kidnapper on the loose. Above all, Kate would rather not tell the police. They might put her into the witness protection program or something, and that would mean she could not continue with the Master Quest. She wasn't sure. She was never a secretive person, but then again, nobody had ever attempted to kidnap her either.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Opening her eyes, the dream wasn't as pleasant as ever. She was being captured by a man covered in blackness. Shadows sorrounded her, and her pokemon were drowing right in front of her in some kind of invisible water. Unlike her sister, she doesn't scream herself awake, but just calmly opens her eyes. Kate was still awake.

Stephany sat up, Hoothoot startled by that. She caught Kate's attention. "Why are you still awake?" she asked the trainer with a serious tone, her elbows leaning against her knees and clasping her hands together. Hoothoot took the winter hat and put it on Stephany, since her hair was a mess.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
    Years
    Kate Brayve
    Midnight

"Why are you still awake?" a voice came from Kate's side. It was the other trainer in her bed. She had woken up. "Hmm, oh, couldn't sleep." Kate said calmly. She was getting drowsy, but the thought of the slowpoke tail guy still bothered her. Who was he? Maybe just a lowly kidnapper. Definitely just a lowly kidnapper, more like. "Oh, by the way, you were having a bad dream. I didn't wanna wake you up about it, but you were tossing and turning in your bed." Kate added. She looked to the side of her bed. "Oh no..." she started. She looked at her handbag. "It's scratched." she frowned. The kidnapper had scratched it in his struggle to capture her, but Kate was not about to reveal that just yet.

(Tiny, tiny post. But I gotta go so it's pretty quick. Sorry.)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    "Hmm, oh, couldn't sleep." Kate said calmly. "Oh, by the way, you were having a bad dream. I didn't wanna wake you up about it, but you were tossing and turning in your bed." Kate added.

"Oh...thanks for telling me that," Stephany mumbled. It was then Kate looked to the side of her bed. "Oh no..." she started. She looked at her handbag. "It's scratched." A frown escaped her lips, Stephany worried. 'Guess she damaged herself in Viridian Forest,' Stephany thought. She didn't want to ask her, since it could get too personal. Pawniard and Gothorita were soundly asleep, Hoothoot wide awake and alert for anything strange.

"Well....in that case...good night. I'm sorry if I disturbed your sleep from my nightmare and strange habits," she apologized, cuddling back up to her bed and quickly falling asleep. Hoothoot noticed the bag as well. Not long after, Hoothoot heard the voice of a loud girl in particular.

"...THE COLORS! THE LIGHTS...OH, FAN-TAST-IC!" the voice boomed. Luckily, it wasn't as loud, and was quite faint. Hoothoot was able to capture that. Afterwards, he just cuddled up to Stephany, staying alert for anything. It took a few hours until he made himself go to sleep. He had to stay awake for tomorrow's daytime, he liked it or not.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    It was still the middle of the night, as Kathy managed to get a room of her own in the PokeCenter. She hung up her lab coat hear the nightstand, as she had on more of an appropriate nightwear. She was lying in the middle of the night as she was flipping through her notebook. Kathy learned and saw many things today in her adventure -- she saw a alien pokemon, she found many types of rock, she even caught a magnificent bird pokemon! It was a pretty great day today.

Of course, for her, there would only give her the satisfaction for tommorow's mysteries. What will she see? There was only one way to find out. Something was bothering her though, as she looked out the window, towards the moon.

"I wonder..." she wondered. "Perhaps I should concentrate more on my battling skills? Hm...science does have room for both after all. Well, z'ere is more obstacles to be dealt with, and thus, I shall only become stronger...and wiser. Until then, I suppose I must rest. I also wonder...what if I can turn a bag of potato chips into the symbol of Au -- gold? Hm...that could provide even more chrunchy texure? Or...would it just break all 32 teeth...? I MUST EXPERIMENT Z'IS SOMETIME! But, until then...good night Anorith...Lileep...Pidgeotto..."

It was then that Kathy finally covered herself in blankets, and fell asleep for the night.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pewter City
    Ramen Night Hike

The Pokeball stopped shaking, signaling that I had successfully captured the Pichu. I tapped the button on the Pokeball and let the little mouse Pokemon out, and she quickly climbed onto my head. "Hey there, so for a name, how does Akiko sound?" I asked the Pichu with a smile.

"Pi?" she tilted her head to the side, pondering the name. "Chu!" she cheered happily after she came to her decision. A moment after, I heard something fall out of a nearby tree. I decided to ignore it, and I also ignored the feeling of something watching me from a different tree.

"Akiko it is, then." I stood up, Akiko still on my head, and walked through the gate that connected Viridian Forest and Pewter City. Once I entered the city, I noticed two things. The first was that, while it was still a city, it was a lot calmer than Viridian. At least, it looked it from where I was standing. The second thing was that the sun was setting, which meant that I'd probably have to lodge at the Pewter Pokemon Center for the night.

I recalled Gaia and began walking once more, Roswell floated beside me and Akiko sat on my head. I could already tell that she was a rather quirky Pichu, but adorable nonetheless. Within a few moments we had reached the Pokemon Center, and of course once I entered I noticed a few other Master Quest Trainers. I ignored Kathy and basically turned myself invisible, making sure nobody noticed me.

I walked up to the nurse (a joyful one, or a Nurse Joy if you will) at the front counter, handed her my Pokemon and waited for a few minutes while they were healed. Once I had gotten them back I placed Gaia's Pokeball on my belt, had Akiko climb onto my head once more and had Roswell floating next to me. I had shown her my Master Quest ID Card, so I got free lodging for the night. That was a lovely little perk.

After receiving my room and directions to it, I grabbed a bowl of ramen from the cafeteria, went to my room and shut and locked the door. I sat down on the bed, crossed my legs and began twirling the noodles with my chopsticks. Pity that I didn't have these in Viridian . . . that girl would now have a fear of chopsticks, if she were still alive. I thought.

I began eating the ramen while Roswell, Gaia and Akiko ate their Pokemon food. They devoured it rather quickly, and while I was still eating my ramen Gaia found a spot in the corner to sleep for the night, Roswell sat at the windowsill and looked up at the stars, and Akiko ended up falling asleep on my head. I finished up my ramen, placed the empty bowl on the stand next to me, picked Akiko up off of my head and set her next to me as I layed down to sleep for the night.

I awoke to the sound of Pidove . . . no, Pidgey, and some bright sunlight filtering in through the window. Roswell was passed out on the windowsill, Gaia was so quiet and still you could likely mistake him for a real stone if you didn't look too closely, and Akiko was breathing quietly next to me. I got out of bed, careful not to wake the little Pichu, changed my clothes, picked up the empty dishes from the night before, and gathered my things. When I was finished, I turned from my bag to see Gaia standing right in front of me. Had I not been used to this, I probably would have jumped.

I woke up Roswell and gathered Akiko in my arms, and we headed out of the Pokemon Center. Almost immediately, a poster on the outside wall of the Pokemon Center caught my eye. It was basically an invitation to all Master Quest Trainers that asked for them to accompany the Gym Leader, Hakon, on one of his hikes. Well, don't I feel special? I thought.

"Might as well go, it's not like we'd have much else to do with the Gym Leader gone. Besides, it might help us with learning the Kanto region a bit more." I stated as I turned away from the poster. Roswell nodded and Akiko's eyes fluttered open for a moment. She glanced at me and Roswell before she went back to sleep.

We headed to the Pewter City Gym, and I almost immediately noticed a woman with two Doduo that were carrying supplies for something, likely the hike. "This for the hike with Hakon? I'm Shun Sorukei, one of the Master Quest Trainers."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    The sun had hit them, the light from the window now hitting Stephany. As she winced, she stretched and yawned as she woke up from her long slumber. Pawniard was already awake, with Gothorita inside her bag. Hoothoot was still fast asleep on her chest. "Aww," she let out, grabbing the Hoothoot and placing it on her head so it could continue sleeping. Putting on her jacket and throwing the bag over her shoulder, they were ready to go in no time. Before she did anything else however, she fixed her bed and dusted off the pillows.

Kate was still asleep on her bed, motionless and still deep in slumber. Not wanting to wake her up, she opened the door and continued out. Closing the door, she noticed Shun already turning a corner out the hallway. Guess she's not the only earlybird here. Following close behind, she eventually got out the Pokemon Center. The Gym was the first thing she had on mind, but Pawniard suddenly tugs on her shoulder.

"What is it now?" she asked the knight, turning to glance where his eyes were staring at. Right there, on the wall they were staring at, was a poster inviting all Master Questers to a hike with the Gym Leader of Pewter City. This was something she could miss on, yet she wanted to have the chance to meet the other Master Questers that went. What if Will or Anthony went? If Shun or Kathy went, she could know even more about them. Soo-Yun probably too. Kate.....she definitely would, or that's what she thought.

Grabbing the poster, she folded it and kept it inside, now going towards the Gym. "You all wanna' go hiking?" she asked them.

"Pawn ni niard!" he agreed, along with Gothorita's hum of agreement.

"Alright then, hopefuly we can train there," she said as she opened the doors to the Gym. Right away she saw Shun standing in front of another lady with two Doduo. They carried supplies that seemed to be hiking tools. There was nobody else in sight besides a roaming Teddiursa. Gothorita poked her head inside the bag, shy from the Pichu that was on him. Once she stood beside Shun and the lady, she spoke out.

"I'm just here because.....umm...I came for the hike to put it simply," she told the lady, glancing at Shun. It was that Pichu from before, and was she witnessing an Elgyem that was still drowsy? Maybe they slept late...."That Pichu is so cute," she mumbled out, not caring if Shun heard her or not. Pawniard glanced around, pumped for the hike.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tyreene, Gym Leader Assistant
    Pewter City Gym

Tyreene walked out from the gym with her usual expressionless face worn. Dodein and Doduno walked behind her, lead by reins that Tyreene was holding. It was a somewhat sunny day, with slabs of clouds drifting along here and there. Good weather.

A few citizens approached her, asking about today's hike. She responded telling them that today's hike was already full, since the last spots were reserved for the Master Quest trainers. People got excited hearing about that, and some stayed to watch when these trainers would approach.

Soon, one did. It was Shun, holding the Pichu Akiko in his arms and having the Elgyem Roswell floating beside him. "This for the hike with Hakon?" he asked, walking directly up to Tyreene. "I'm Shun Sorukei, one of the Master Quest Trainers."

Tyreene bowed slightly. "Welcome to Pewter City, Mr Sorukei," she said. "We are glad to have you on the hike. Please wait for more Master Quest trainers to appear, and then I will brief you on what we are going to do. I assure you that it is completely free of charge," she added, just in case he wondered.

Then, another trainer approached. "I'm just here because.....umm...I came for the hike to put it simply," the trainer said. It was a girl, and Tyreene was just about to tell her that this hike wasn't open for all... when she saw the Pawniard at her side and the Gothorita peeking out of her bag. Non-Kanto pokémon...

"You must be a Master Quest trainer," the purple haired lady said instead. "Welcome to Pewter City. What is your name?" she added, just to make sure that she was bringing the right girl along. Wouldn't want any impostor kids to sneak along on this trip...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    The sun was quickly out as Katharina put on her usual clothes, and heade don out back outside. The air smelled crisp, yet clear today, as Kathy was enjoying every last bit of it. Her pokemon was still comfortable in her pokeballs, however, Kathy thought it was time to introduce herself to her newly aquired Pidgeotto. So, she got out Pidgeotto's pokeball, and threw it in the air.

"Pidgeooooo!" the bird pokemon cried, as it was materialized from the energy released from the pokeball. It looked around the city it was in; it definately wasn't at the Viridian forest anymore. Then, it finally noticed Kathy was just beside him. "Pidgeo?"

"Ah, Herr Pidgeotto!" Kathy adressed as she made a curtsey. "My name is Katharina von Kurnase...or Kathy for short."

"Pidgeooo?" the bird cried, trying to grasp what was going on.

"I must apologize for the rude intrusion I gave you back at the forest," Kathy then said. "However, if I might be so bold to ask, would you care to be partners with me for a while? Seeing all the sights...eating the exotic foods...looking at scientific marvels...you're going to love it!"

Pidgeotto was of course skeptical at first, as it had never set foot nor wing outside the forest,however, there WAS benefits to be drawn from this. "Pidgeoooo!" it finally agreed, as it opened its wings for excitement and delight, as it realized it made a new friend in Kathy.

"Most excellent!" Kathy happily said. "It is an honor to work alongside you, Herr Pidgeotto!"

"Pidgeooo!" Pidgeotto happily agreed.

"Now then, shall we go?" Kathy then suggested. "I have heard that z'ere was a gym in this city. I have been awaiting a fair challenge at this region, and I believe that this city is the perfect place to carry out the von Kurnase legacy. Now! Herr Pidgeotto, are you ready to battle along side me and your fellow Pokemon?"

"Pidgeoooo!" it cried, as it was flapping its wings, pumping itself up.

"Excellent!" Kathy cried. "Come now; to the gym!"

It was then that Kathy started to jog off, with her Pidgeotto flying just a bit above her. Pretty soon, they saw a building. There was a nearby sign that said "gym" on it, so, with easy deduction, Kathy realized that this building must of been the Pewter Gym. However, she also saw three people there; two of them in which Kathy knew already. It was Shun, Stephany, and a grown woman. Kathy went up to them.

"Well, well! If it isn't Herr Shun and Fräulein trainer Stephany! Z'is is quite a suprise!" Kathy greeted. She then turned to the grown woman, as her Pidgeotto started to decend just beside her. "Ah, hello there, Mistress; my name is Katharina von Kurnase, or, if you'd like, you can call me Kathy for short."

"Pidgeoooo!" Pidgeotto cried, still flapping its wings, hovering just beside Kathy.

"Ah, yes, and z'is is Pidgeotto; one of my pokemon," Kathy introduced. "Along with Anorith and Lileep, it shall travel with me through this region. Now then, if I may be so bold to ask mistress, z'is is the gym, no? Is there...some sort of event going on here? Or a waiting list for a gym battle?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Well, well! If it isn't Herr Shun and Fräulein trainer Stephany! Z'is is quite a suprise!" a loud girl voice called out. "Ah, hello there, Mistress; my name is Katharina von Kurnase, or, if you'd like, you can call me Kathy for short."

Tyreene blinked. Apparently this girl knew the other trainers here so they were probably Master Quest trainers all three of them. Tyreene was just about to greet this new trainer called Katharina, when her pokémon butted in.

"Pidgeoooo!" it cried, hovering just beside Kathy.

"Ah, yes, and z'is is Pidgeotto; one of my pokemon," Kathy introduced. "Along with Anorith and Lileep, it shall travel with me through this region. Now then, if I may be so bold to ask mistress, z'is is the gym, no? Is there...some sort of event going on here? Or a waiting list for a gym battle?"

Definitely a Master Quest trainer, having those rare Hoenn pokémon, Tyreene thought. "Yes, miss von Kurnase," she said out loud. "This is the gym, but the gym leader isn't available for a battle right now. We are going out on a hike very soon, and we are inviting you Master Quest participants especially this day. Feel free to wait for the rest of the trainers to come, and join us. The nature is beautiful up in the lower mountains here and there are some pokémon to see and... capture, that aren't common in other parts of Kanto."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    "You must be a Master Quest trainer," the purple haired lady said. "Welcome to Pewter City. What is your name?"

"Stephany Rain!" she blurted out before another trainer came in to interrupt them.

"Well, well! If it isn't Herr Shun and Fräulein trainer Stephany! Z'is is quite a suprise!" Kathy greeted. She then turned to the grown woman, as her Pidgeotto started to decend just beside her. "Ah, hello there, Mistress; my name is Katharina von Kurnase, or, if you'd like, you can call me Kathy for short."

"Pidgeoooo!" the pidgeotto cried, still flapping its wings, hovering just beside Kathy.

"Ah, yes, and z'is is Pidgeotto; one of my pokemon," Kathy introduced. "Along with Anorith and Lileep, it shall travel with me through this region. Now then, if I may be so bold to ask mistress, z'is is the gym, no? Is there...some sort of event going on here? Or a waiting list for a gym battle?" she asked, Stephany thinking she was being an idiot. 'It said in the paper that the Gym Leader is going HIKING...not battling. Then again, she may be wrong.'

"Yes, miss von Kurnase," she said out loud. "This is the gym, but the gym leader isn't available for a battle right now. We are going out on a hike very soon, and we are inviting you Master Quest participants especially this day. Feel free to wait for the rest of the trainers to come, and join us. The nature is beautiful up in the lower mountains here and there are some pokémon to see and... capture, that aren't common in other parts of Kanto," she explained.

"Guess we're waiting," she told Pawniard. Stephany then turned to face Shun, who was still holding his pichu. "Umm...I don't know if you saw me in the Forest but...I didn't know you loved pokemon so much. I thought, well, from the way you acted that-" she paused, choosing her words carefully. "Umm...different."

Nakuzami

Years
    Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pewter City
    I Spy a Scientist in Pewter

"Welcome to Pewter City, Mr Sorukei," the woman said. "We are glad to have you on the hike. Please wait for more Master Quest trainers to appear, and then I will brief you on what we are going to do. I assure you that it is completely free of charge," she added, which was a bit pointless because I didn't really expect to be charged, seeing as the poster had specifically invited the Master Quest Trainers.

I noticed another trainer, a girl whose named escaped me, approach. "I'm just here because.....umm...I came for the hike to put it simply,"

"You must be a Master Quest trainer," the woman stated. "Welcome to Pewter City. What is your name?"

"Stephany Rain!" the girl, Stephany, blurted. I was pretty much ignoring her, though. It was only a moment longer before I cringed as a new voice appeared.

"Well, well! If it isn't Herr Shun and Fräulein trainer Stephany! Z'is is quite a suprise!" Crap, it was Kathy. "Ah, hello there, Mistress; my name is Katharina von Kurnase, or, if you'd like, you can call me Kathy for short."

"Pidgeoooo!" I hadn't noticed the Pidgeotto hovering next to Kathy at first, but now it seemed inpossible to miss. Apparently I wasn't the only busy one in Viridian Forest.

"Ah, yes, and z'is is Pidgeotto; one of my Pokémon," Kathy introduced the bird Pokémon. "Along with Anorith and Lileep, it shall travel with me through this region. Now then, if I may be so bold to ask mistress, z'is is the gym, no? Is there...some sort of event going on here? Or a waiting list for a gym battle?"

Apparently little miss scientist hadn't gotten the memo. "Yes, miss von Kurnase," the woman responded. "This is the gym, but the gym leader isn't available for a battle right now. We are going out on a hike very soon, and we are inviting you Master Quest participants especially this day. Feel free to wait for the rest of the trainers to come, and join us. The nature is beautiful up in the lower mountains here and there are some Pokémon to see and... capture, that aren't common in other parts of Kanto."

Well, at least I would get some more knowledge on Kanto, and maybe another Pokémon. I hoped it was worth having to put up with Kathy the entire time.

"Guess we're waiting," Stephany said to her Pawniard. She then turned to face me. "Umm...I don't know if you saw me in the Forest but...I didn't know you loved Pokémon so much. I thought, well, from the way you acted that-" she paused, and I raised an eyebrow. "Umm...different."

"So, that's what that noise was in the forest; you spying on me?" I half asked, half stated. Well, she had more than likely seen Gaia then. She better not ruin my element of surprise, I thought as I quickly glanced at Kathy. "And different how?" I questioned, not very pleased at the fact that this girl had been spying on me. Part of me, well most of me actually, just wanted to ignore this girl, but the rest of me was a bit curious as to what this girl was trying to say.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    "A hike, you say?" intrigued Kathy, as her Pidgeotto finally decided decided toward the ground. "My dear Mistress, I believe you have interested me! For the most efficient laboratory experiments rely on the completion of field tests! I must say that a hike could surely teach me new things about this region. Hm, if I only remember to bring my camera with me...oh well. I'll simply jot everything down then."

"Pidge?" Her Pidgeotto then cried, grasping the situation. Katharina then overheard the converstion between Stephanie and Shun.

"Umm...I don't know if you saw me in the Forest but...I didn't know you loved pokemon so much. I thought, well, from the way you acted that-" Stephany said to Shun, but then she suddenly paused, then begun again. "Umm...different."

Kathy chuckled. "Well, it looks as though Herr Shun is becoming more of a man," she chuckled. "Herr Shun, you are full of surprises."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    "So, that's what that noise was in the forest; you spying on me?" Shun half asked, half stated. Stephany turned to face him, who was glancing at Kathy before he asked something else. "And different how?" he questioned, his face showing he wasn't pleased by the fact she knew this. She realized what she said and what he thought.

"I'm sorry if you think I was a spy or anything but...I just heard noises and then saw you. Thought I could see what was going on, and then saw everything. Didn't want to interfere though....so....I forgot about Soo-Yun and ran after her. I was going to say hi and introduce myself to you, but you looked tired and worn out obviously," she explained with a shy tone, not wanting Kathy over there to hear, or else she would barge in. However, she had good ears.

"Well, it looks as though Herr Shun is becoming more of a man," Kathy suddenly interrupted, chuckling. "Herr Shun, you are full of surprises."

"Psst....whatever," she mumbled, getting annoyed by the scientist. 'How rude to interrupt her conversation,' she thought. The pichu was adorable however.

"By different...I meant to say that you seemed very....I don't know how to say it...like all cool and all. I don't get along well with people who are just brave and all since I'm just...well....too weird and shy," she stated. 'Great, now you're making a fool of yourself!' she thought to herself before thinking of what to say. "You're so nice to pokemon compared to how you act towards other people though is what I'm trying to say," she finally said the main thing. She awaited his answer, Hoothoot staring at the Pichu.

Nakuzami

Years
    Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pewter City
    PokéRelation

"I'm sorry if you think I was a spy or anything but...I just heard noises and then saw you. Thought I could see what was going on, and then saw everything. Didn't want to interfere though....so....I forgot about Soo-Yun and ran after her. I was going to say hi and introduce myself to you, but you looked tired and worn out obviously," Stephany explained, a shy tone to her voice.

"Well, it looks as though Herr Shun is becoming more of a man," Kathy interrupted, chuckling a bit. "Herr Shun, you are full of surprises." Excuse me? Why do I feel so confused? I thought, not understanding what either girl had meant about me.

"Psst....whatever," Stephany mumbled, before her attention returned to me. "By different...I meant to say that you seemed very....I don't know how to say it...like all cool and all. I don't get along well with people who are just brave and all since I'm just...well....too weird and shy," she stated. "You're so nice to Pokémon compared to how you act towards other people though is what I'm trying to say."

I paused for a moment, adjusting my headphones with my right hand while thinking about what was just said. "Um . . . Pokémon are just easier. People are . . . complicated." I turned away from Stephany, pretending that some imaginary sight in the distance had just captured all of my attention.

"Elgy!" Roswell pointed in the direction that I was looking, knowing very well what I was doing and doing his best to play along. Akiko's ears perked up as she looked around, finally completely awake. She sat up in my arms and looked around at everyone, probably trying to get a feel for them and their whackjob personalities.

Back