• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *Foreigners
    KANTO

OOC thread (with SUs) found here.
    NO SPOTS CURRENTLY OPEN.

2r5qct0.gif

Kanto...

Spoiler:

Plot...

Spoiler:

- - - - - - -​

Rules:

- Normal PC/RP rules applies here.

- Discuss things Out Of Character (OOC) in the other thread, post In Character (IC) in this thread.

- Use correct spelling and grammar (as good as you can) in your posts.

- I am the Game Master (GM) and I will play many characters that I won't make Sign Ups (SUs) for. Professor Oak, for example, as well as one of his assistants who is determined to find out more about Team Shiro...

- Post a SU in the OOC thread if you want to play, and wait for me to accept you. Reservations last for 24 hours.

- This will definitely not be a "chaptered" RP :3 I'm going to assume that you know the roads and cities in Kanto (if not, there are maps). If anything is different from normal, I will tell you when anybody gets there. Make posts where you're traveling and interacting as in any RP.

- If you want to capture a specific wild Kanto pokémon, I can tell you where it can be found. You can also ask me to post a list of available pokémon in your current area. Mostly I will let you find the wild pokémon that were there in the 1st and 2nd gen games. Which means Johto pokémon as well ;)

- Rating is T because this turned out to be darker than I first planned xD

- Be PATIENT. I won't have time to be online every day, but I'll try to be. Patience is just as important as activity. The line is fine~

- If you want to catch a new pokémon, end your post with the pokéball shaking or something like that. I will decide if the capture is successful or not, depending on how good your post and the battle or events that led up to the capture was.

- - - - - - -​

About 'em levels...

There will be no real levels. Wild pokémon are considered to be around level 15, which will manifest itself by it knowing all the moves it should know at level 15. It can then learn all other moves it should learn by leveling up, by you writing about it "suddenly" learning a new move in battle or when training with you. But these moves can ONLY BE LEARNED IN ORDER. And not too often... I will raise a finger at you if you make your pokémon grow too quickly.

HM/Tutor/Egg moves can also be learned, but then you will have to train your pokémon. That means that you have to either write about finding a "tutor" (an NPC) that teaches your pokémon that move, or you have to write about training with your pokémon until they have learned it. These moves takes much longer time to learn than leveling-up-moves.

TMs are discs that hold energy that pokémon can absorb on touch when the TM is activated. The energy allows them to learn a new move. TMs will be found now and then on your journey... I will let you know when.

Let me refer to the pokémon anime for examples. Pikachu's Iron tail and Buizel's Ice Punch were Tutor moves and Ash had to train with them for them to learn the moves properly. On the contrary, Pikachu's Electro Ball just popped into its arsenal one day in Unova, since it's a leveling up move in the 5th gen.

When you feel like you want one of your pokémon to evolve... ask me first.

- - - - - - -​

Spoiler:

- - - - - - -​

Cast:

First Snow as Anthony Summers from Hoenn.

Miss Doronjo as Katharina(Kathy) von Kurnase from Hoenn.

Diamond1304 as Janice Glayvansien from Sinnoh.

Otherworld9) as Stephany Rain from Unova.

Nakuzami as Shun Yuuto Sorukei from Unova.

- - - - -​

Let the RP start...

Professor Oak & Keeno Kabess
    Oak Lab, Pallet Town

Keeno peered through his thick glasses at the computer screen. A list of names were there. Kate, Will, Stephany... they were the Master Quest contestants. Interesting. If only life had played differently, Keeno could have been one of them! But he was pretty content with working as an assistant of, perhaps, the world's most famous pokémon professor. There was always something to do.

Now the professor entered the room on the far end and Keeno straightened up as well as straightened his dark grey shirt and the brown trousers. His dark black, almost blue, hair stood in all directions but it was not like the professor cared about how Keeno looked anyways. Not usually, at least. But this day was special.

"Feeling fresh, Kabess?" the professor asked when he noticed Keeno was there.

"Top of the morning to ya, professor!" Keeno replied. "Never felt better!"

"Soon, they'll be here," the professor said, making his way across the room to the computer at the wall where Keeno stood. "But it won't be as usually. We won't be handing out pokémon, because they have already gotten them!"

"I know," Keeno mumbled, rolling his eyes behind the professor's back.

"Are the pokédexes fully loaded on energy and in tip top condition?"

Keeno smiled. "Of course, professor!" he said and opened a metal drawer. It revealed a number of shiny new pokédexes, almost glimmering from the intense care the assistant had given them.

"You shouldn't have, Kabess..." the professor said, chuckling. "You know they'll get dirty after being with a trainer for five minutes."

Keeno's face drooped. "I know," he murmured. "I wish trainers wouldn't be so reckless."

"There, there, there are many kinds of trainers. They will all have different journeys and different stories to tell after all this!"

Keeno's eyes narrowed all of a sudden. "And all of those stories will include Team Shiro."

Professor Oak sighed. "Don't start that again."

"Why?" Keeno said, furiously. "Team Shiro is a threat to all trainers and sending even more out without investigating them or trying to get the police to stop them is-"

"The police are trying to stop them."

"Not well enough! They don't take Team Shiro seriously-"

"And neither should you. For Arceus's sake, they are just a bunch of lunatics. Shironians, their members are called! Just listen to the sound of that," the professor chuckled. "Besides, the Master Quest trainers will be experienced enough already to deal with people who don't even want to train their pokémon properly."

Keeno was fuming. "You are underestimating them. I... if... if no one else will, then I will get to the bottom of this!"

Professor Oak sat down on a chair and eyed Kabess for a silent moment. "You and what army? Your baby pokémon?"

Keeno swallowed and looked down at the pokéballs fastened at his leather belt. His tiny friends and helpers... they were no fighters. Not yet, at least.

"I'll get the trainers to help me," he said.

"The Master Quest trainers won't have time to help you, they are in a competition!"

"We'll see about that. Haven't you heard that the shironians are demonstrating against Master Quest in some towns?"

"Pfft, they don't even have guts to demonstrate in the bigger cities-"

"The point is that they will move against our trainers. They will be involved, sooner or later. Don't say I didn't warn you, professor," Keeno said with his most doom-like voice. It wasn't that impressive, but at least professor Oak finally shrugged and Keeno Kabess left the room.

What to do now?

One way or another, you have arrived in Pallet Town. You'll need to make your way to the Oak Lab to register your participation in Master Quest. I will play professor Oak. Just enter the lab and make your way to the largest room and he's there.

After that, you are free to step out into Kanto and begin your Master Quest. Interact with the other players! Maybe find a travel mate? Or have a battle if someone's feeling up to it?

Since you're unlikely to cross the sea at this time, you'll probably reach ROUTE 1 first. It's a rather plain and short route with grassy fields and patches of forest, as well as farmlands. It takes about a day to reach the next town, which is Viridian City.

Route 1 wild pokémon:

019.gif
    016.gif
    161.gif
    162.gif
    163.gif

Remember, wild pokémon may know all natural moves up to level 15, and your starting pokémon may know all natural moves up to level 30. Look here http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/ if you don't know them by heart.

When you attempt to capture a pokémon, end your last post with the pokéball shaking or something. I will tell you if you managed to catch the pokémon or not.

Keep track of your own pokémon teams and what move they last learned. Preferrably in your sig or your SU post. I will link to your SU posts from this post.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Soo-yun blinked when a guy in a white labcoat pushed by her in a rush. "Uh, excuse me," she managed to stutter before the guy walked through the door. He seemed to be in a hurry, having not said sorry for slamming her in the shoulder. She sighed slightly, rude people were always everywhere and from that labcoat she could guess that he worked at the lab, and walked into the big room.

From what she could assume, the man that had graying hair was Professor Oak.

"Are you Professor Oak?" questioned Soo-yun politely, bowing down. "I am Soo-yun Lee, one of the trainers for the Master Quest."

She was ready to start her Kanto pokemon journey. The journey to Kanto wasn't too bad; she had asked Crasher Wake for a water pokemon to borrow. The Gyarados had dropped out off from the sea route connecting to Pallet Town and was now swimming back to Crasher Wake. She hoped that she looked presentable; although wind and water didn't do much to her hair, she knew that she probably smelt of the sea.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Professor Oak raised his eyebrows and smiled at the approaching trainer. She had entered the lab on herself. Good! That meant that the open door had sent the right signals.

"Are you Professor Oak?" questioned the girl trainer politely, bowing down. "I am Soo-yun Lee, one of the trainers for the Master Quest."

"Welcome to Kanto, Soo-yun!" professor Oak said and got to his feet to greet the girl with a handshake. "Well, let's not keep you waiting for long, shall we? You must be eager to start your new journey." He walked over to the drawer where the small machines were and took up one of them. It glimmered in it's strong color.
    ((OOC: You get to decide what color your pokédex will be ;). ))

"This is a pokédex. Unless you have one already, I would like to give it to you as a starting gift!" When Soo-yun had decided whether or not she wanted it, the professor walked over to a computer.

"So, I'll register you here... and here's your ID-card for participation in Master Quest!" He got back up and handed Soo-yun a card with her picture on it as well as an ID-number and some other details. There were spots for all the 8 gym badges of Kanto there, but none was marked yet. Of course not.

"That's really all there is to it," the professor then said with another smile. "You have your 2 pokémon with you, I presume? Good luck on your quest. You are free to go."

((OOC: Michaela, you can write a point-of-view reply to this if you like ^^ Sorry for the rush, but better to get the RP started than to be overly detailed in the beginning, no?))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • The sun was shining beautifully across the plain fields of Pallet Town. In that land, you can see a girl who was wearing a clean, white lab coat who also was wearing pink goggles, that covered her eyes. She was surveying the peaceful town as a calm breeze blew through her lab coat as it swayed with the wind.

"My, my, so z'is is the infamous Pallet Town..." the girl stated as she then gave a small smile. "How intriguing! Z'is trip to Kanto may be all the worth while, hohoho!"

The girl started to walk across the calm streets of Pallet, as she passed by several of the brick-made houses. Soon, she stopped. A few feet in front of her was the famous Oak's Laboratory. The structure was as vast as she pictured it, and it almost looked like Professor Birch's Laboratory back at Hoenn. The girl looked up at the tall building. The windows reflected the gleaming sun rays, and the building was all under a red roof. She gave another small smile as she was about to step in, until she saw someone dart right past her, which made her jump back a few feet. The person also had a lab coat, however, his was probably more practical for his job.

"My, my, does Herr Oak always employ such uncouth people?" the girl wondered as she brushed herself off. Then, she noticed something. "AHHHHHHH! WHAT THE--THAT UNCIVILIZED MAN KICKED A SEDIMENTARY ROCK! THE BEAST!! DOES HE NOT KNOW THE VALUE AND TEXTURE OF ONE?! The rocks that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water...CAN'T HE SEE THAT THEY ARE A PART OF SCIENCE?! Hmph...I surley hope that z'is region is not filled with goony people like himself."

With a pout, the girl walked right in the lab. She walked past a few machinery, who she took a very good interest in...until she reached the interior lab. She gave a big smile. "THE...MACHINES...! THE...EXPERIMENTS!!" She beamed. "Z'IS IS WONDERFUL!!"

As she was idolizing, she then noticed two people. On of them was a girl about her age, and one of them also had a lab coat like hers, but, his face was familiar. "Pardon my intrusion!" the girl said to the other. Then, she turned to the coated gentlemen. "Ah, but are you the infamous Herr Oak? Ah...Allow me to introduce myself!"

The girl then slowly lifted her pink-shaded goggles from her eyes, to her forehead. It was then shown that her eyes was a big blue color as she had a confident face with them.

"I am Katharina von Kurnase! And my family motto? Victory. However...if that is a mouthful for you, you can simply call me Kathy. I suppose people do end up calling me that...In any case, I must say Herr Oak...your reputation does proceed you. I find this lab to be rather...southing. Scientifically speaking."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    Pallet Town
    Plane Landing; let the alien enter the lab

"That . . . was horrid." I complained as I entered Pallet Town, my Elgyem, Roswell, floating beside me. I had just gotten off of a plane from Unova to Kanto, and the entire ride was revolting. Not only was I surrounded by people, but we were cramped together and I was forced to sit next to some strange person that I didn't know. Not only that, but the strange person had a kid, a boy probably ten years of age, and the kid was way too happy. He wore a smile most of the plane ride and he wouldn't leave me alone, he just kept asking about Roswell and anything and everything about trainers. Some parents should learn to teach their kids misery, and try to have their kids keep their mouths shut. Revolting.

I fixed the dark blue headphones that I was wearing so that they fit comfortably. My beanie and hoodie were both currently stuffed inside my black shoulder bag that bore the Player Pin insignia on the front. I was also still a bit upset that I had to leave both my Zorua, Lydia, and my Lampent, Wicken, back in the Unova Region. At least I could count on Professor Juniper to take good care of them, I just hoped that I wouldn't be away from them for too long.

I continued down the small road that lead to Professor Oak's Lab, which was a rather large building at the top of a hill. Pallet Town wasn't small, exactly, but everything seemed quite spaced out, so there really wasn't too much around. A nice change from the annoyingly crowded Castelia City. As I approached the lab, I heard someone screaming something about sedimentary rocks. I really hoped that it wasn't someone that worked for Professor Oak; I preferred to avoid the crazy people.

I walked through the entrance to Professor Oak's lab and quickly found the room that he was waiting in. It seemed to be one of the largest, or perhaps the largest, room in the building. Besides the Professor, there was a small Korean girl around the age of ten or eleven. I ignored her, but Roswell floated right up to her, displayed a quick pattern of lights that probably no one but me actually understood, at all, before he extended his arm to shake the girl's hand. There was also another girl, probably twelve or thirteen, that had long brown hair and wore a lab coat. I had a feeling she was the crazy one that was screaming about sedimentary rocks moments prior.

I turned towards the Professor, leaving Roswell to socialize with whomever and whatever he pleased, and introduced myself. "Professor Oak? Shun Sorukei. I'm here for the Master Quest."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "T-THAT POKEMON!!" Katharina observed the lights coming from a strange, alien-type pokemon. She swooned as she crept right up to it, and, she squealed as she cutely put both her hands, curled up into fists up against her lips. "Z'IS POKEMON!! IT IS OUTSTANDING!! THE LIGHTS! THE COLORS...! Is it an alien type pokemon...? Yes! Not from a meteorite...but from deep space! I RAVEL AT POKEMON LIKE THESE...Like deoxys...clefable...lunatone...solrock..I DREAMED THAT SOMEDAY I WOULD MEET NEW POKEMON LIKE Z'IS, AND...IT CAME TRUE!! Excuse me! C-CAN YOU SPEAK HUMAN LANGUAGE?! DO YOU LIKE THE PHRASE...HOW THEY SAY: 'PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT?!' AHHH HANG ON!!"

She then turned towards it's trainer, a boy around her age who had two big headphones on. "E-EXCUSE ME!!" Katharina started to greet. "Y-You must tell me! H-how did you meet that pokemon?! CAN IT UNDERSTAND HUMAN LANGUAGE?! WHAT DOES IT LIKE TO EAT?! DOES IT LIKE BOXERS OR BRIEFS?! OOOOOOOOOOOH PLEASE YOU MUST TELL ME!!"

But then, Katharina cleared her though. "Ah, but first, I must introduce myself." She then made a small curtsey before greeting herself to the boy. "My name is Katharina von Kurnase...or Kathy for short. I am, how you say, 'a champion in the makings', no? ANYWAY!! YOU MUST TELL ME! WHAT IS THAT POKEMON'S NAME!! FOR THE LOVE OF SCIENCE YOU MUST EXPLAIN! OH -- WAIT A MINUTE!! I JUST NEED TO TAKE OUT MY NOTEBOOK!! AHHH SCIENCE; YOU'LL NEVER WAIT FOR ME TO TAKE OUT MY NOTEBOOK, BUT I WORSHIP YOU ANYWAY!"

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • The trip was rather boring, yet the sight of flying pokemon was able to distract her the entire way. Leaving the departing ship, all Stephany cared about was making it to the lab. Putting up her hood to hide her face from the others, a distant figure of a man in a white lab coat caught her attention. Later on, she found the lab where she witnessed a few trainers enter. She pouted at herself. 'Great, I'm late and one of the last of them, eh,' she thought to herself, taking out a pokeball from her string bag. Throwing it into the air, what came out was a dazzling red light. The light itself transformed itself into the outline of a humanoid pokemon. What revealed next was her trusting pawniard.
    "I don't want to go in alone.....so I guess that''s why I sent you. Is that okay?" she looked down at her pawniard, who only nodded with a grim expression. Flowers dotted the landscape, her pawniard glaring at everything around him. Once she breathed in and out a few times, she grew confidence and started to walk towards the lab. Her pawniard made her more confident, her expression very melancholic. Following a small road, she eventually reached the building that seems to be the only different one out of all the houses. Looking around, pawniard was distracted by screams and sounds coming from inside. He found it annoying that these trainers and professors couldn't control even the talking level.
    Ignoring the strange set up of the small town, she enters the lab and finds her way around the rooms. There, standing inside the room, were three trainers around her age and the lab professor. Ignoring the stares they gave her, she walks up to the man and thinks of what to say.
    "Um...is this Professor Oak? My name is Stephany Rain, from Unova. Sorry if I came late, I will try my best to come earlier next time you need me," she apologized, noticing that an elgyem was trying to contact her pawniard. As always, pawniard paid no attention and simply crossed his arms, turning his back on the pokemon.
    The other trainers looked rather....well....different. One looked very tomboy-like, talking to a teen boy who looked as if he would rather be alone than stand around hearing her. Couldn't blame him though, she hated talking to energetic people too.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei

[FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0e8b2d38#8c2900]Pallet Town; Professor Oak's Lab
    SCIENCE!

Before Professor Oak could even respond to me, the crazy girl in the labcoat was screaming once more.

"T-THAT POKEMON!!" I turned as the girl squeeled once more, her hands pressed up against her lips. "Z'IS POKEMON!! IT IS OUTSTANDING!! THE LIGHTS! THE COLORS...! Is it an alien type pokemon...? Yes! Not from a meteorite...but from deep space! I RAVEL AT POKEMON LIKE THESE...Like deoxys...clefable...lunatone...solrock..I DREAMED THAT SOMEDAY I WOULD MEET NEW POKEMON LIKE Z'IS, AND...IT CAME TRUE!! Excuse me! C-CAN YOU SPEAK HUMAN LANGUAGE?! DO YOU LIKE THE PHRASE...HOW THEY SAY: 'PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT?!' AHHH HANG ON!!"

Roswell displayed another pattern of lights, clearly confused. I felt so bad for him right now, becoming the subject of fascination for some insane girl in a labcoat. Unfortunately for me, the girl turned to face me. "E-EXCUSE ME!!" The girl stuttered slightly, "Y-You must tell me! H-how did you meet that pokemon?! CAN IT UNDERSTAND HUMAN LANGUAGE?! WHAT DOES IT LIKE TO EAT?! DOES IT LIKE BOXERS OR BRIEFS?! OOOOOOOOOOOH PLEASE YOU MUST TELL ME!!"

The girl cleared her throat before she continued. "Ah, but first, I must introduce myself." She then made a small curtsey, "My name is Katharina von Kurnase...or Kathy for short. I am, how you say, 'a champion in the makings', no? ANYWAY!! YOU MUST TELL ME! WHAT IS THAT POKEMON'S NAME!! FOR THE LOVE OF SCIENCE YOU MUST EXPLAIN! OH -- WAIT A MINUTE!! I JUST NEED TO TAKE OUT MY NOTEBOOK!! AHHH SCIENCE; YOU'LL NEVER WAIT FOR ME TO TAKE OUT MY NOTEBOOK, BUT I WORSHIP YOU ANYWAY!"

"U-um . . . er," What the HELL? This girl had to be completely and totally insane! I mentally sighed and decided to entertain her questions for now, if only to get her to leave me alone that much sooner. "Well, I met him in Castelia City, years ago . . . something I'd rather not talk about," I turned my head a bit and reached my arm behind my back, trying to push the memories away. I didn't want to talk at all, much less about something like that. "Of course he can understand human language, but he can't speak it if that's what you mean. He eats . . . regular Pokemon food, and . . . he doesn't wear underwear." Why would you even ask if a Pokemon preferred boxers or briefs? That made absolutely no sense. "And he's an Elgyem, but his name is Roswell," if Arceus was a kind diety, he would smite this girl right here and now so that she would never utter another word to me. I had a feeling that Arceus was not a kind diety.

"Elgy?" Roswell floated above the girl, Kathy, and stared down at her with a look of curiosity. I had a feeling his curiosity would get the best of him this time, which would be torture. "EM!" There was a quick series of excited flashes of lights as Roswell cheered and smiled at the girl. He reached out his hand to give Kathy a handshake, completely losing interest in the Korean girl.
    [/FONT]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Another girl walked into the lab as Kathy carefully heard the reply to her questions from the newly met boy. "Ah, I see...Elgym...such a...mysterious name and nature, no? You must experience it as well? The dazzling of new discoveries...the foundations of new lifes...the world is big, my new friend," Katharina smiled as she carefully shook the boy's hand. "Well, I see that you are a trainer regardless."

"EM!" The alien pokemon cried, as it seemed to be happy to have met Katharina as well.

Katharina gave a smile back to the Elgym as she let go of the boy's hand. "Please tell me your name? Ah, but if you are indeed a trainer...
    You must understand z'is. A von Kurnase does not like to lose. Not to anyone, least of you, I am afraid to say. However, I do look forward to our future encounters!"

Last edited:

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Will yawned as he stepped out of the plane from Sinnoh.
    "Geez, that was SO boring!" Will said to his Ambipom, Ozzy. Ozzy was perched on top of Will's shoulder smiling like he always does. He nodded back in agreement. They stepped out of the airport.
    "Okay so Pallet Town is where we have to go." Will said as he checked his watch.
    "NO WE ARE GOING TO BE THE LAST ONES! COME ON AMBIPOM WE HAVE TO HURRY!" Will exclaimed.
    He opened his map and looked at Pallet Town.
    "Okay, its not far away at all!"
    Will and Ozzy began to sprint as fast as they could as they finally arrived at Pallet Town.
    "Yes, Ozzy we are here!" Will said happily.
    "Ambi-Ambi!" Said Ambipom cheerfully.
    "I hope were not too one of the last people to arrive! Please Arceus help us!"Will said.
    They walked up to the lab.
    "So this is it Ozzy! We are about to begin our journey in Kanto!" Will exclaimed.
    Will took a deep breath and opened the door to Proffesor Oak's labratory and stepped in.
    "Um hey Proffesor Oak, Uh am i too late?" Will asked.
    Ambipom jumped off of Will's shoulder and began to explore the lab.[/SIZE]

Nakuzami

Years
  • Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    [FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0e8b2d38#8c2900]Pallet Town; Professor Oak's Lab
    Rival Acquired

[h2][/h2][h2][/h2]

I hardly noticed another person enter the lab as Kathy continued to talk. "Ah, I see...Elgym...such a...mysterious name and nature, no? You must experience it as well? The dazzling of new discoveries...the foundations of new lifes...the world is big, my new friend," Kathy smiled as she shook my hand, and all I could think of was that I really wished she'd stop touching me and just leave me alone. "Well, I see that you are a trainer regardless."

She gave a quick smile to Roswell before she turned back to me. "Please tell me your name? Ah, but if you are indeed a trainer...You must understand z'is. A von Kurnase does not like to lose. Not to anyone, least of you, I am afraid to say. However, I do look forward to our future encounters!"

"The name's Shun. Shun Sorukei." I replied, before a devious smile crossed my face. "I'm afraid I won't be losing to you anytime soon, or anyone for that matter." It seemed that my competitive streak was beginning to show. Since when did I have one of those again?
    [/FONT]

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Soo-yun frowned at her hand after Professor Oak shook it. That was quite rude, shaking his hand without bowing. However, she was completely shocked at the openness that he had. Were all people like this in Kanto? It surely would be a change from her culture, that was for sure.

She took the black pokedex and the "present" as well with a bow. "Thank you, Professor Oak."

Suddenly, she heard faint screams of sedimentary rocks. What...?

A girl walked inside, Soo-yun assumed that she was the girl screaming of sedimentary rocks, and started to run all over the place, fangirling over the technology and experiments. After she introduced herself as Kathy, another boy named Shun came in with his Elgyem, Roswell. The Elgyem came up to her, flashing some lights and holding out a hand to her. Soo-yun assumed that he was greeting her and just as she was about to respond, Kathy came, started yelling, and fangirled Roswell. Then a girl named Stephany Rain came in with her Pawniard and Shun answered Kathy's questions. It seemed that Roswell was taking a liking to Kathy, now completely ignoring her, which she guessed was fine. She didn't like to draw too much attention to herself. However, she was being rude by not introducing herself and bowing, but she didn't want to interrupt their conversation either...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Before Professor Oak could respond, the response the teen boy beside Stephany gave to the energetic one annoyed her. 'So now he thinks he is going to be the winner out of the bat?
    "I'm afraid I won't be losing to you anytime soon, or anyone for that matter."
    "Such words from a teen," she mumbled, her pawniard chuckling. Sharpening his blades, she waited for the professor to respond. Now ignoring the boy, she tried to remember their names as their conversation went on. So the boy is Shun...and the girl is Kathy...
    Her thoughts were interrupted when another boy came in, carrying his ambipom. "Um hey Proffesor Oak, Uh am i too late?" the boy asked loudly, his pokemon now roaming free. It seems another energetic one came along. 'Great. A depressing boy, talkative girl, and then a lazy guy.....oh, there's another one?' she changed her train of thought when she saw another girl. She was standing beside Professor Oak, patienly waiting for something. 'Wonder who else is coming in...'
    Her pawniard glared at the evolved monkey, whos freedom annoyed him a bit. Elgyem was a neutral foe at this point for him, yet he could tell they were all no ordinary trainers. Just by looking at Shun, Pawniard somehow felt a cold atmosphere and chills. Looking at Kathy made him feel as if he was degrading her too much, and the one who is just standing around looked quite the serious one. No matter though, he knew he could beat them. Of course, he would first need to see any of them battle before he went for the dive.

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Will saw all of the trainers in the room mingling with each other. He tried to remain "unnoticed." He didnt want to be enemies with anyone on the first day. Ozzy was toying with one of Proffesor Oaks gadgets.
    "Ozzy stop that!" Will yelled as he leapt towards the Ambipom.
    Ambipom laughed and jumped out of Will's reach.
    "Ozzy come on! We have to talk to the Proffesor!" Will said.
    Unfortunately, Ozzy didnt obey. He was jumping everywhere. How did he get so hyper?
    "Ozzy! Ill put you in your pokeball if you dont stop!!!" Will screamed.
    Ozzy slowed down and hopped back on Wills shoulders. He pretended that nothing happened.
    "Thanks Ozzy..." Will said, "Now where is Proffesor Oak?"
    Ozzy shrugged an tapped Will on the shoulder.
    "Ambipom!" Ozzy said.
    "Oh right, thanks for reminding me! Come on out Marina!" Will said as he sent out his Buizel.
    Marina stretched and when she saw all of the people she hid behind Will.[/SIZE]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • "I see..." Katharina giggled at Shun's response. She glanced at a nearby girl who seemed to be mumbling to herself. Katharina giggled that perhaps she was being to annoyed at the high number of confidence resonationg from both her, and Shun. How childish, she thought. She then looked back at Shun. "Herr Shun...was it? Very well. If you are that adamant...allow me to show you...one of my pokemon!"

Kathy then stepped back, and had a glance around the fellow trainers. "In fact, I want to show all of you," Katharina started to explain, so that everyone could hear. "I apologize; it is true that it is uncouth for one to brag about one's pokemon, however, it does not matter in this situation. A von Kurnase focuses on two things, and two things only. Perfection! Victory! They have been a symbol to the von Kurnase clan for centuries."

Kathy then took out a pokeball froom her white handbag. She then shined it with a white cloth, also from her bag, as she shined it to leave an everlasting impression. "You'll love her!" Katharina stated, as soon, she threw her pokeball into the air, almost hitting the ceiling. The pokeball then quickly opened, as energy was released from the pokeball, as it materialized to the floor. A pokemon was them formed. The pokemon had two claws, and a shrimplike body. It had two mall eyes, as it blinked from being released from the pokeball, to the open, bright world.

"Anorith!" it cried.

"This is my Anorith," Kathy announced. "One of my perfect, victorious prized pokemon."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • As the Anorith materialized, and the Ambipom messed around the room, Pawniard looked ready for a fight. As the Anorith appeared, and Kathy said her lines, her other pokeball jiggled. 'This wasn't like Gothorita at all,' she thought, surprised. Ignoring the jiggling, she didn't want to put the shy one out of her pokeball, only to see her tremble from the fear of crowds and close spaces. As she spaced out, Pawniard glared at the Anorith, who the owner claims to be very special. Laughing a bit, he felt glares coming from all around him. Maybe he was a bit too rude. Shutting up, he turned around to walk up to the Anorith. He knew he would get in trouble if he started a fight, and it wasn't in a knights way to act like this, but he couldn't help it. It was instinct.

Before he could take action, he noticed a buizel come out. Her beauty complexed him, making him speechless. When Stephany noticed the ruckus he was causing, she instantly went red and kneeled beside him. Grabbing him, she lifted him up and walked back a few steps. She picked her words carefully, not wanting to have enemies already. They were pointless, and were a bother really.

"So sorry....my Pawniard just isn't acting like himself," she hugs him, the other trainers staring at her. Not wanting to look scared, she gulped and mans up. "I don't want any battles...you can continue on what you were doing. He kept staring at the female buizel, mesmerized.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Another boy had joined in, a guy with an Ambipom and a Buizel. Soo-yun had to wonder why they were all showing off their pokemon; it wasn't as if she wasn't proud of her pokemon, no, in fact it was quite the opposite, but doing such a thing if anyone decided to battle against each other would mean that any advantage that they would have would be gone. Of course, most only had one pokemon out, but that was still fairly strange for them to do so. Soo-yun didn't care much for such rivalries; it would be impolite to try to push someone done, to always want them to lose so you could win. She never liked the idea of doing such things, which is why she rarely talked to trainers, even those who wanted to battle her.

However, Soo-yun blinked when the Pawniard seemed to laugh before stepping towards the Anorith.

A fight might break out, thought Soo-yun. Would Professor Oak's lab be able to handle the damage that two pokemon battling would dish out?

However, the Pawniard seemed to stop after looking at the Buizel. Soo-yun's eyebrow rose; was that hearts in the Pawniard's eyes she saw?

Stephany then apologized for her pokemon's behaviour, but her pokemon wasn't pay attention to the Anorith, nor his trainer anymore, he was still paying attention to the Buizel.

Pawniard likes Buizel, thought Soo-yun. How...cute.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I laughed as Junior was pointing at the small houses that littered the Town of Pallet. He would wave at the many pokemon we would pass by and they would look at him, raising an "eyebrow" if they could hand gave him the look saying: "That Grovyle is crazy isn't it?" Junior didn't seem to notice, which made me laugh even harder.

At least he had forgotten about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches… for now…

"Grovyle!" Junior screamed as he pointed at a building. I guess it was the lab just by the look of it. It was a structure much bigger than many of the smaller resident homes that littered the town. The other big hint that it was the lab I was supposed to go to was the fact that it looked like a carbon copy of Birch's lab in Littleroot Town.

"Original Prof. Birch, very original," I said aloud.

Junior had stared at me.

"That's where we are supposed to go Junior," I replied.

Junior, in response, began skipping.

I could see many pairs of eyes on us before they looked away.

"I almost thought that kid was talking to himself, but it looks like he is talking to that crazy pokemon is."

What's up with these people? Haven't they ever seen a trainer walking into their town before? Do they live under rocks? They must have no social life at all and how dare they call Junior crazy? He isn't crazy! He's just… energetic!

I saw many people turn their heads at me. Dang it, they must have heard me.

"What did you say?"

I ran with Junior skipping behind me.

--

The lab was very crowded. Many people were standing around waiting for Prof. Oak and there were a few conversing amongst themselves. I had found myself writing in one of my journals, observing that German girl in the lab coat. Yes, it was my notebook dedicated to every interesting person he had ever met with an odd trait or quirk. There was even a page about a person who liked to eat ice cream with his foot. Don't ask. Anyways, this German lady was hilarious when she was spazzing over the pokemon that had a laser lightshow all over its body.

I had observed her taking out her notebook and releasing her pokemon, an Anorith, I really didn't care about it though.

She had a notebook and that mean I had a Notebook Buddy! Buddies unite!

I think she heard me.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Before anything could happen, she turned her Pawniard around, not expecting anybody to talk back to her since back at home, nobody ever responds back anyway. This is why she wasn't the social person. Glaring at Pawniard, he looked away in shame, yet felt guilty inside. He knew what he was going to start, and Stephany definitely didn't want to battle.
    It was then another trainer appeared. 'Another one? Great, grovyles were supposed to be like a snivy....weren't they?' her view on grovyle started to change. The trainer seems to be another hyperactive one, now thinking she was doomed since she would be left out. It seems somebody will come out with a traveling partner afterall. Of course, she would be left alone.
    Her Pawniard was left on the floor gently, trying to ignore the Anorith's glances to prevent his instinct from breaking out. He also tried ot avoid buizel, since he accidentally showed a weakness already. Unfortunately, Stephany took notice of this and grew shocked. 'Don't tell me.....'

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Katharina grinned at the girl who had the Pawniard. "A man who does not make mistakes is the one who does not do anything," Katharina explained. "It is quite alright. Even if your pokemon were to try, let's say, a scratch attack, scientifically speaking, it is no match for my Anorith's impenetrable shell, as you see from the sleek, sheer, strength that my Anorith possesses."

"Anorith!" Kathy's Anorith cried, taking in pride of it's talent.

"Okay, that's enough for now; back into the pokeball you go, Anorith!" Kathy called out, as she took out Anorith's pokeball, and pointed straight at it, releasing the red beam that de-materialized the Anorith, so that it could safely return back into its comforting pokeball. Kathy returned Anorith's pokeball in her bag, as she turned back to the girl. "Do not worry. When and if we DO battle, it will be for honor, not for malice."

She then heard another trainer walk in, and he was also around Kathy's age. Kathy ghad a glimpse of him with the corner of her eye, as she heard the words 'notebook buddy'.

"And what pray tell, is a notebook buddy?" she asked him. "I only use my notebook for SCIENCE!"

Back