• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015
Does anyone have an idea of what some Japanese pokemon cards may be worth. They say Pocket Monsters card game 1996 on the back....

Years
I think I attached the picture. I only put a small sample in the photo but some of them are a hologram (???). I have a total of roughly 56 cards.

Does anyone have an idea of what some Japanese pokemon cards may be worth. They say Pocket Monsters card game 1996 on the back....

I have some idea. I just haven't had the energy to sit down and look at the picture you posted and figure out what the prices currently are.

The 4 most valuable you have there, and, not coincidentally, the only ones with a rarity of rare or higher, are the Dark Alakazam, Togetic, Houndour, and Jolteon, though all of them except Jolteon look too damaged to go for anything more than a dollar or two. I think Jolteon in Japanese is at most $3, iirc. Japanese cards aren't very in-demand in the English-speaking world at present.

Are you familiar with the rarity system on the cards? I'm just asking because it's the same across both English and Japanese cards, and the Japanese common and uncommon cards are worth roughly the same as their normal, non-error English counterparts. Which is to say: $0.25 to $0.50 if you're lucky.

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015
I have some idea. I just haven't had the energy to sit down and look at the picture you posted and figure out what the prices currently are.

The 4 most valuable you have there, and, not coincidentally, the only ones with a rarity of rare or higher, are the Dark Alakazam, Togetic, Houndour, and Jolteon, though all of them except Jolteon look too damaged to go for anything more than a dollar or two. I think Jolteon in Japanese is at most $3, iirc. Japanese cards aren't very in-demand in the English-speaking world at present.

Are you familiar with the rarity system on the cards? I'm just asking because it's the same across both English and Japanese cards, and the Japanese common and uncommon cards are worth roughly the same as their normal, non-error English counterparts. Which is to say: $0.25 to $0.50 if you're lucky.

Okay, thank you. Someone just gave my son a bunch of cards......a couple hundred and they are mostly older cards so I didn't know what to do with them. Thank you for your help!

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Oct 29, 2015

Oops...and not familiar with the rating system on the cards. Are the stars rare? I assumed the cards that are the holofoil (I think that's what it's called ) would be more unusual....

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 2, 2015
I went threw my old card collection yesterday and found this strange one. I have no idea if it is legit or fake or a misprint. Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_191315.jpg
    IMG_20151102_191315.jpg
    894.8 KB · Views: 14
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
I went threw my old card collection yesterday and found this strange one. I have no idea if it is legit or fake or a misprint. Can anyone help please?

Sorry buddy, it's a fake...
Honestly, in that condition I'd bin it even if it wasn't a fake :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
hi everyone, i was checking my old stuffs and found a old pokemon desk.

and a wierd one is a Magmar, it looks like a GOLD and i can't find it anywhere online

do you guys have any idea ?

LgaoQG.jpg

7Xk8AW.jpg

am i overreact or it could be rare ?

BrianH

mimo776
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
Hi, I have this ordinary looking Arcanine (23/102) except it has this tiny yellow and red target in the bottom right corner next to the "23/102" print. I couldn't find this in any of the pictures online so I have no idea what it means(if anything). If you know anything about this I'd be happy to know! I don't think I can post images so I put it on imgur:
imgur. com/a/7vWCW

Years
Hi, I have this ordinary looking Arcanine (23/102) except it has this tiny yellow and red target in the bottom right corner next to the "23/102" print. I couldn't find this in any of the pictures online so I have no idea what it means(if anything). If you know anything about this I'd be happy to know! I don't think I can post images so I put it on imgur:
imgur. com/a/7vWCW

I think it's just a little printing error. It won't really affect the card's value either way. I've seen it a couple times in the past.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
I have 5 Shiny Pokemons card fromm Neo Series require valuation.

Shiny Celebi
Shiny Charizard
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Raichu
Shiny Mewtwo (with mis-alignment in Holo print)

For Shiny Mewtwo, the holo print is about 1-2mm above the graphic alignment.

Hope to receive some help

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Blaziken with Pikachu on back(were the pokeball artwork is), with misprinted hp. Store bought from walmart so not a fake. I tried googling the Pikachu thing and no luck.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I have a 1996 Pocket Monster card of Arcanine, illustrated by Ken Sugimori in Japanese in perfect condition. It's card number 59, HP100. Everything else is in Japanese so I can't understand the rest...how much would this be worth?

Years
Blaziken with Pikachu on back(were the pokeball artwork is), with misprinted hp. Store bought from walmart so not a fake. I tried googling the Pikachu thing and no luck.

I have 5 Shiny Pokemons card fromm Neo Series require valuation.

Shiny Celebi
Shiny Charizard
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Raichu
Shiny Mewtwo (with mis-alignment in Holo print)

For Shiny Mewtwo, the holo print is about 1-2mm above the graphic alignment.

Hope to receive some help

Shiny, or "Shining"?

Rayquza EX full art roaring skies reverse holo
https://instagram.com/p/_xm-y6hlHL/

That's not a reverse holo. That's just the full art version of the card, which has its own collector's number (the number in the bottom right corner of the card) in the set and is therefore the only version of that exact card.

That said, $5 to $10 USD, which is between 3 and 7 GBP. Price is so low because they released a tin with a promo Rayquaza EX that has the exact same attacks as the full art.

I have a 1996 Pocket Monster card of Arcanine, illustrated by Ken Sugimori in Japanese in perfect condition. It's card number 59, HP100. Everything else is in Japanese so I can't understand the rest...how much would this be worth?

Is there a symbol to the bottom right of the card's art? I think I know which card you're talking about, but I want to confirm. The card I'm thinking it is, Japanese Base Set Arcanine, is worth between $1 and $2.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 23, 2016
Ops should be

Shining Celebi
Shining Charizard
Shining Noctowl
Shining Raichu
Shining Mewtwo (with mis-alignment in Holo print).

Sorry for the typo

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2016
Can anyone price 1st edition holo/shiny mechamp? Not shadowless, 8/102. One is abit beaten up, one is mint or close to.

Price is everything from 2 $ to 800+ so have no idea :S

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
Years
Can anyone price 1st edition holo/shiny mechamp? Not shadowless, 8/102. One is abit beaten up, one is mint or close to.

Price is everything from 2 $ to 800+ so have no idea :S

If it has a shadow, $2 and maybe 0.50c for the beaten up one. They were released in a deck box so is the most common 1st edition ever to exist. Prices on eBay vary because people think it's first edition it'll go for a lot, and the graded ones jack up the price

batcountry

Scorpio
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I feel like I've searched every nook and cranny of the internet trying to find this card, and I know it exists because I had it at one time lol, but I really only signed up here to try and figure something out because it looks like y'all are a lot more educated in this than I am...
So I had an original japanese Gengar card (Sabrina's Gengar, Gym Challenge #29, has the moves Dark Wave and Shadow Blind... I would post a picture but I haven't made 5 posts to post links) and it had the Pocket Monsters logo on the back and everything. I kept it in my wallet because even though I'm well past my Pokemon phase (still love it though, just not nearly as obsessed as I used to be, ha) I still love Gengar and I felt pretty spiffy with my japanese card, but one night some stuff happened and I ended up losing my wallet with everything in it, including that card (so there might be some info we'll be missing since I can't just whip it out and look at it).
I really want to try and replace it but I have searched literally friggin -everywhere- and either I was just really lucky and screwed it up by losing it or maybe it's not worth anything, either way it's killing me and any insight would be spectacular. And if I could even find an original holo version of this card to replace my old one, that would be even more cool but I reckon we'll just have to wait and see :) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back