• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Depends on what your team is like. Which one provides the best support for your team, which one gains support from other team members, etc.

I have things like CM Alakazam, SD Gallade, CM Lucario, etc.

Use for sweeping I'm going for an all-out offensive team.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Whats a good lead and set for a NU team. So far it looks like my only options are Bastiadon or Glalie, which doesn't make me too happy, because they both are rather awful. thanks.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
I'd suggest Pinsir, it's what I use, and it is one of the best NU leads.
127.png
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252atk/252spe/4def
Moveset:
~ Stealth Rock
~ Close Combat
~ X-Scissor
~ Stone Edge/Earthquake

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Curse/Moonlight/Heal Bell/Payback is what i use, its really good. After a single Curse it has outstalled stuff like Tomb, Weezing and after 2 even counters like Hitmontop and this is without a single def ev. Max Sp.Def also lets it avoid the 2hko from LO Moltres. You can use Wish and Protect too>> Moonlight and Heal Bell if you have a way to rid its status else where.

Quagsire/Gastrodon is also really annoying as a Curser if you have no grass moves.

I guess it just depends on what I need: Status absorber or Status absorber and answer to Rain Dance. I'll test out the Umbreon set, but I'm leaning towards Quag atm.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I have things like CM Alakazam, SD Gallade, CM Lucario, etc.

Use for sweeping I'm going for an all-out offensive team.

Then probably DDTar or CB tar. one or two DDs depending on how things play out allows you to outspeed alot and do tons of damage, CBTar obviously does tons of damage but your locked into one move. imo DDTar is best because of the added speed boost, and TTar already has a high attack so 1 DD is enough to just moderatly boost your speed and attack.

and thanks Fire Wolf, i was about to use Bastiadon and have a crappy lead.

Years
Battle Tower Team

Thought I'd start trying my Pokemon over at the Battle Frontier and decided to go for the 49 win streak at Battle Tower. Without further ado here's my team:

380.png

Latias @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Spd
-Wish
-Thunder Wave
-Flash
-Psychic

Latias is awesome to set up paralysis and then Flash away. Surprisingly, a lot of Pokemon are done in by Latias without having to switch out. Wish keeps my team alive, and helps Latias give paralysis and lower accuracy.

145.png

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Timid Nature
EVs: 46 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 212 Spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Air Cutter
-Light Screen

Rain Dance + Damp Rock = 8 Thunders that OHKO almost anything. Light Screen to give special defense boost in fear of Ice Beamers. (As I was writing this out a Light Screen seriously just saved my bottom from a Glaceon, ahaha).

248.png

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Outrage
-Crunch

Standard Tyranitar. Switch in from Latias after a Thunder Wave and a few Flashes and then Dragon Dance up. Then all that's left to do is sweep away.

Thinking about giving Latias a Lum Berry instead of Leftovers, seeing as if my opponent cures a Paralysis and then Latias gets status inflicted then that's no good. By the way, I'm not even sure if this would be the place to post a Battle Frontier team, but whatever... I'm just hoping for it, aha.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Whats a good lead and set for a NU team. So far it looks like my only options are Bastiadon or Glalie, which doesn't make me too happy, because they both are rather awful. thanks.

From my NU days i always loved these 2 guys.

Dunsparce@ Lum Berry
144 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 76 Sp.D
Trait : Serene Grace
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Rock Slide / Bite / Headbutt
- Earthquake / Rock Slide / Bite / Headbutt

I honestly frikkin loved this guy, paralyze Taunt leads with Serene Grace Body Slams, set up SR and then flinch everything to death with options out of the last 2 slots. EQ just hits steels.

Relicanth@ Lum Berry
200 HP / 252 Att / 58 Speed
Adamant Nature
Trait : Rock Head
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Head Smash
- Double-Edge / Earthquake

Relicanth is also a good, due to its bulk, power and ability to force switches he make fine choice to lead. Double-Edge hits Quagsire and Poliwrath harder than your other moves.

Use Lum Berry though, nothing sucks more than meeting a sleep lead.

There is also Taunt leads like Gligar and Golbat which are also extremely good.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Are bulky leads better than fast leads on a regular balanced team? Because i prefer hippowdon as a lead to everything except because it can survive usually, long enough to set up and roar away the other lead. But, Gliscor and Azelf are fast enough to taunt and prevent other leads.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Here's about four members of the NetBattle team I'm working on.

forretress.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Impish nature
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/64 SpD
-Spikes
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Hidden Power Bug

gengar.png

Gengar @ Choice Band
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Exposion

alakazam.png

Alakazam @ Lum Berry
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-ThunderPunch

ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
-Swords Dance
-Silver Wind
-Hidden Power Rock
-Aerial Ace

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Ninjask @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
-Swords Dance
-Silver Wind
-Hidden Power Rock
-Aerial Ace

um wtf?

Why would you have SD and a jolly nature, and then use all special attacks except for Aerial ace?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
um wtf?

Why would you have SD and a jolly nature, and then use all special attacks except for Aerial ace?

None of those attacks are Special. Bug, Rock, and Flying type are all Physical.

NetBattle is used for Generations prior to DPPt.

And DA I'd have to disagree. Scizor has terrible Speed and Bullet Punch doesn't exists in 3rd Gen. Ninjask gets Speed boost and isn't 4x weak to Fire.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
And DA I'd have to disagree. Scizor has terrible Speed and Bullet Punch doesn't exists in 3rd Gen. Ninjask gets Speed boost and isn't 4x weak to Fire.

So ? Scizor is a better sweeper. SD Sweeper Jask is totally outclassed by Scizor. The only good jask in adv is BP Jask which is lol too and is only OU because nubs use it.

I could say the same thing "Scizor isnt 4x weak to rock and can actually not die to tackle" that and it hits harder so is a better sweeper.

Also your team is CB/DD Mence weak, id honestly say Cloyster is better than Forry in ADV tbh since it actually does something being that it covers mence excellently. That and its the only Spiker to not be decimated and trapped by Magneton (who you also lose to).

Though yeah you want an electric resist. Id prolly try Swampert helps with your tar weak too.

Id also add your own Magneton or Scizor and Gengar wont be sweeping as Skarm will come in and lol at you every time.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Magneton was already on my mind to kill Scizor and other Steels. I'll go Scizor > Ninjask then.
Cloyster is also a good suggestion I'll try it out.

Should I go SD Scizor or Agility Scizor? Or maybe both and two attacking moves.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
Years
  • WV
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
I was curious about technician special attack set on persian. Has anyone used it and had any success with it. If they had, any suggestions on a decent moveset?

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I was curious about technician special attack set on persian. Has anyone used it and had any success with it. If they had, any suggestions on a decent moveset?

Persian @ Life Orb / Salac Berry
4 HP / 252 Sp Att / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis / Substitute
- Swift
- Water Pulse / HP Fighting

^ is your best option. Normal + Water provide the best type coverage and both Swift and Water Pulse benefit from the Technician boost.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
Years
How would I balance my Palkia well? I'd like to have it specialize in Special Attack, since I rely heavily on Spacial Rend... It currently knows Spacial Rend, Earth Power, Slash, and Surf. Any help? I was going to try to topple the Elite Four a second time with it. I'd really like it to trump its weaknesses, too.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
How would I balance my Palkia well? I'd like to have it specialize in Special Attack, since I rely heavily on Spacial Rend... It currently knows Spacial Rend, Earth Power, Slash, and Surf. Any help? I was going to try to topple the Elite Four a second time with it. I'd really like it to trump its weaknesses, too.

I assume this is in-game. If so, anything will work fine really. Good special attacks for Palkia are Spacial Rend, Draco Meteor, Surf, Fire Blast, and Thunderbolt. If you EV your pokemon, put them into special attack and speed and I promise the Elite Four won't stand a chance, lol.

Back