• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
It's not in the wrong place at all, I'm asking if it's worth going into my moveset. Because Giratina learns some pretty powerful moves.

Fly is generally a poor choice on any pokemon. And Giratina is more suited for walling anyway. If you want an offensive set, you can try using Calm Mind.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Requesting Moveset for -

Garchomp
Electabuzz
Infernape

It's a waste of time if you just list a few pokemon and ask us to provide sets for you. You'll have to be a bit more specific with what you actually want to do with them before we can help you =(

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
It's a waste of time if you just list a few pokemon and ask us to provide sets for you. You'll have to be a bit more specific with what you actually want to do with them before we can help you =(

Offensive Sweeper - Garchomp.
Mixed Sweeper - Electabuzz.
Revenge Killer - Infernape.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Offensive Sweeper - Garchomp.
Mixed Sweeper - Electabuzz.
Revenge Killer - Infernape.
Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+ Spe / - SpA)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

Outrage and Earthquake for STAB, Stone Edge is for Lugia, and Dragon Claw is good for revenge kill move as it doesn't you lock you into using it.

Electabuzz @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Hasty Nature (+ Spe / - SpD or + Spe / -Def, respectively)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
- Cross Chop
- Substitute / Psychic

Thunderbolt for STAB, Hidden Power Ice gives the best coverage alongside Thunderbolt, hitting Donphan, Tangrowth, Altaria, etc, Hidden Power Grass hits Quagsire, Rhyperior, Lanturn, etc, Cross Chop is for Chansey, Substitute for scouting (I suggest using Leftovers if you use Substitute) and Psychic deals more damage to Nidoqueen, Venusaur, Nidoking, etc.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature (+ Spe / - SpD)
- Fire Blast / Overheat / Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn / Grass Knot / Stone Edge

Fire Blast for STAB (Overheat is another option as you will be switching a lot, and Flamethrower is more reliable), Close Combat is to kill Blissey and Snorlax, as well another STAB option, Hidden Power Ice is to revenge kill Salamence, Latias, etc, U-turn is good for scouting and damages Starmie, Grass Knot is good for bulky Waters, and lastly Stone Edge is decent for revenge killing Gyarados.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 16, 2011
Ideas for an Uber team.

Shaymin-S @ Life Orb
Timid nature
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Growth
-Seed Flare
-Air Slash
-Earth Power

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Timid nature
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Calm Mind
-Water Spout
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Groudon @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2010
I want to EV train my pokemon, but their natures aren't perfect. How much of a difference will it make?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2010
Okay.

I'm a bit of a noob, but for example I'd want my Chimchar a Mild or Rash nature because I want to EV train it in SP. Attack, right?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
If you're only going to use it's special movepool, take either Timid or Modest. Timid for the better speed.
He's probably going to be using Close Combat to deal with Blissey, Tyranitar, and the like, so I would suggest Naive or Rash Nature. Naive Nature is good for outspeeding Naive Salamence, Jolly Flygon, Timid Zapdos, etc. Hasty and Mild are also options, but I prefer Naive and Rash as it lowers Scizor's Bullet Punch damage.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2010
I actually ended up going with Hasty (+ speed, - defense)...simply because when I restarted the game, it gave it to me, and beggars can't be choosers.

devilicious

dream
Years
Hasty is pretty good. You have to remember that good offensive stats can be rendered useless by a bad speed- specially Infernape, since it has no bulk whatsoever.

And lukenetty, of course people expect you to have CC. Bluffing is kind of stupid when CC is like the best move to complement the set.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
Anyone who'd leave a Blissey in, when suspecting a CC is stupid. But I just mentioned it because he was talking about a special set.

Um, no?

CC is needed on basically all apes.

1. CC has high base power so is auto good.
2. CC is a reliable attack (i.e it doesnt have ass accuracy like Focus Blast)
3. Yay lets not get walled by Tar, Bliss, Lax, Heatran and god knows what else.

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
Pretty much. Ive been traing this Gabite to Garchomp. I plan for it to have this moveset:

Garchomp
Adamant|Leftovers OR Quick Claw (To be faster)
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Dig
Dragon Rush
All the moves are phyisical. Which means it might be a sweeper or wall breaker.
Anyone wish to rate it? Tell me if its good or not. Its not fully evd yet btw.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Pretty much. Ive been traing this Gabite to Garchomp. I plan for it to have this moveset:

Garchomp
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Dig
Dragon Rush
Since Garchomp does best in Ubers as a Choice Scarf / Band user (or so from what I've heard), I suggest either those two items or Life Orb. Swords Dance is another option, just be sure to pack support for it like Wobbuffet. Quick Claw is usually banned or frowned upon because it increases hax chances in a battle, and it is unreliable. Dig is really predictable, and in general a waste when you have Earthquake which has higher power, more reliable, and same PP. So Stone Edge or Toxic would be best to use over Dig. Dragon Rush has awful accuracy, and you don't need two Dragon moves (unless it is Outrage + Dragon Claw), so I recommend Outrage instead (or Swords Dance if you plan on using that).

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019

Garchomp
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Dig
Dragon Rush

Garchomp wants life orb or choice band. its already fast, assuming you trained it in Speed EVs. Jolly Nature.
Dragon Claw >> Dragon Rush (outrage is better though imo)
Crunch or Stone Edge should go in there for a Lugia counter

Last edited by a moderator:
Back